PDA

View Full Version : Texas 7 on 7 tournament pools

Scoop27
06-25-2019, 04:38 PM
https://www.texas7on7.org/pools.html

d0tc0m
06-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Every freaking pool in DII is loaded. That’s gonna be a fun little tournament!

Tejastrue
06-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Wow...

Crockett
La Vega
Melissa
Wimberley

d0tc0m
06-25-2019, 07:57 PM
The good thing this year is that there’s no consolation bracket for DII. Pool play is just going to decide seeding. I like that a lot better. Because some of these pools are freaking stacked, and that’s just the nature of the beast. This compensates for that a bit.

Yoe_09
06-25-2019, 10:27 PM
Pools F and G are two that really stand out to me.

Pool F
Brock
Jourdanton
Pleasant Grove
Stephenville

Pool G
Crockett
La Vega
Melissa
Wimberley

We used to pick the top two to advance to the championship bracket, but I'll just give who I believe who will win each pool. Not all that important anymore.

Pool A
Hirschi

Pool B
Heritage

Pool C
Graham

Pool D
Sunnyvale

Pool E
Stafford

Pool F
Pleasant Grove

Pool G
La Vega

Pool H
Celina

Really not sure where to go on Pool E. I feel as if any of those teams could probably take that one. Top pool game to watch could be Celina/China Spring.

d0tc0m
06-26-2019, 06:45 AM
Pools F and G are two that really stand out to me.

Pool F
Brock
Jourdanton
Pleasant Grove
Stephenville

Pool G
Crockett
La Vega
Melissa
Wimberley

We used to pick the top two to advance to the championship bracket, but I'll just give who I believe who will win each pool. Not all that important anymore.

Pool A
Hirschi

Pool B
Heritage

Pool C
Graham

Pool D
Sunnyvale

Pool E
Stafford

Pool F
Pleasant Grove

Pool G
La Vega

Pool H
Celina

Really not sure where to go on Pool E. I feel as if any of those teams could probably take that one. Top pool game to watch could be Celina/China Spring.

Pool G is just nasty. Melissa/La Vega will have a lot of talent on the field when they square off. But I think Wimberley might be gritty enough to knock off one or both of those teams, wouldn't surprise me. Crockett won't roll over, either. Then Pool F just has a lot of tough teams. I expect PG to win that, just because they have a wealth of talent right now, and a veteran QB who led this team to the tournament title game last summer.

Celina vs China Spring is going to be a pretty fun one to watch for sure. I've been impressed with what I've seen from the Bobcats. They've got some speed on defense, and a decent crew of LBs and secondary. They're young in spots, but that youth is being made up for in talent. The QB also appears to have taken some major steps this offseason. Would probably have liked to see these two play a warmup game to get in a rhythm before they squared off, but that's alright. Start the tournament off with a game that's going to force you to be mistake free. I like it.

Tejastrue
06-27-2019, 03:05 PM
Pool Play

Melissa 47
Wimberley 28

Crockett 34
La Vega 33

Scoop27
06-27-2019, 04:55 PM
https://www.texas7on7.org/d2---d3-pool-play.html

briandumith*
06-27-2019, 09:58 PM
I would have predicted about the same as Yoe. Only pool B C were right. Some teams looked down right awful. Hirsch with the new D1 QB stunk it up.. Graham is of course right where they should be... https://www.texas7on7.org/d2-championship-bracket.html here is the championship bracket

Yoe_09
06-27-2019, 10:25 PM
Yep, as usual 7 on 7 is extremely unpredictable. Hirschi was my big "upset" pick of the round, and of course it failed. Pool E appeared to be competitive, as expected.

What went as expected?

Graham - Double digts wins in each pool game. The Steers are as consistent as the come in this sport.
Heritage - Dumas looked good, but these guys managed to go 3-0.

What didn't go as planned? Well, pretty much everything besides that.

Jourdanton - 3-0. Wow. Brock, Pleasant Grove and Stephenville go down.
Celina - 0-3 in pool play
McGregor - 3-0. Though they were not pegged to win pool D, they always fair well in 7 on 7. I'm not sure DCTF even has them in them to make the playoffs come fall?
La Vega - 1-2. Lost to Crockett, which is not a surprise in this sport. I would have to imagine the Pirates being a 50+ point favorite with the pads.
Melissa - 3-0. Not really a huge shocker here, they were just in a tough pool. Impressive.

Bracket picks

1st round
Connally over Pleasanton
Boerne over Wimberley
Heritage over Brock
Sunnyvale over Marion
Graham over Crockett
Jim Ned over Stafford
McGregor over Celina
Dumas over Stephenville

Life over Hirschi
La Vega over Spring Hill
Jourdanton over Rio Hondo
China Spring over Worthing
Melissa over Hitchcock
Brownwood over La Feria
Sweeny over Burnet
Pleasant Grove over Columbia

2nd round
Boerne over Connally
Heritage over Sunnyvale
Graham over Jim Ned
McGregor over Dumas

La Vega over Life
Jourdanton over China Spring
Melissa over Brownwood
Pleasant Grove over Sweeny

3rd Round
Heritage over Boerne
Graham over McGregor

Jourdanton over La Vega
Melissa over Pleasant Grove

4th Round
Graham over Heritage
Melissa over Jourdanton

Finals
Graham over Melissa

Tejastrue
06-28-2019, 06:52 PM
All in all Wimberley fared pretty well. Beat Crockett who had beaten La Vega. Beat Boerne, a team that Matt picked to win. lol

So is Sunnyvale a 4A school now?

Matthew328
06-28-2019, 10:26 PM
All in all Wimberley fared pretty well. Beat Crockett who had beaten La Vega. Beat Boerne, a team that Matt picked to win. lol

So is Sunnyvale a 4A school now?

Sunnyvale is 4A D2

Yoe_09
06-29-2019, 01:31 AM
Congrats to the Raiders. Unpredictable results as usual! Jim Ned and Waxahachie with nice, unexpected runs.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-29-2019, 01:29 PM
some video of some games from RGV teams, La Feria and Rio Hondo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncbaQGqaEI

SintonFan_inAustin
06-29-2019, 01:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C705Tft4hEM

Tejastrue
06-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Thanks for posting.