PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers unveil new jerseys

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 10:28 PM
As much as I'm getting tired of the Rangers switching uniforms, I really like their new ones.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2003/12/04/Eodny2wk.jpg

kaorder1999
12-04-2003, 10:41 PM
not too bad...i like those

3afan2K3
12-04-2003, 10:41 PM
I like 'em

turbostud
12-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Those arent to bad. Now they just need some real ball players to wear them.

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 11:30 PM
turbostud:
Those arent to bad. Now they just need some real ball players to wear them.what? Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix aren't real ball players??? :D

Showtime33
12-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Laynce Nix will be a allstar player in a few years, just wait and see.

Keith7
12-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Nicer then the mavericks new alternate jersey!

kaorder1999
12-04-2003, 11:50 PM
Keith7:
Nicer then the mavericks new alternate jersey!yeah..those things are ugly

crzyjournalist03
12-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Keith7:
Nicer then the mavericks new alternate jersey!this jersey may become the Rangers' primary home jersey according to mlb.com....during the summer, these jerseys would be cooler, so the Rangers are expected to use them basically from June through early September.

kaorder1999
12-05-2003, 12:05 AM
hmmm...interesting...is it just me or have the rangers made uniform changes annually

crzyjournalist03
12-05-2003, 12:07 AM
kaorder1999:
hmmm...interesting...is it just me or have the rangers made uniform changes annuallyhaha...actually, I was laughing when I read the article on MLB.com...it said, "This is the first major uniform change that the Rangers have made since the 2001 season." As if that's a major accomplishment???

kaorder1999
12-05-2003, 12:13 AM
no kidding...im a fan of uniforms not changing...on the pro level that is..unless they are super ugly

Showtime33
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Im with you KA, I dont really like uniform changes at the pro level. I guess im more into tradition. But now days its all about the money and teams will switch uniforms as much as they can just so they can profit off the sales of the new uniforms. I like these new uniforms the Rangers have though. They look sharp. Almost every baseball team has at least 3 different uniforms. The only two teams that I can think of that only has one home jersey and one road jersey are the Yankees and Red Sox and they have kept the same jersey's forever.

pepboy
12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Love'em

GWOOD
12-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Showtime33:
Laynce Nix will be a allstar player in a few years, just wait and see.Midland boy making the big times. I hope he will be an All-Star. He sure exceeded everyone's expectations in his first call up from the minors.

sahen
12-05-2003, 02:17 PM
maybe they change so much cause they think their uniforms are unlucky....i mean they havent really had a good season in how long?...and baseball players are really superstitious

Wildcat81
12-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I like'm,but the astos are the best.

Titans
12-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I think it's a great move for the Texas (ST)rangers.

If you can't play like a champion, might as well look like one.

Perhaps they should spend their time/effort on hiring pitchers rather than re-styling their uniforms???

GWOOD
12-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Speaking of the Rangers, have you heard the rumor today? Alex Rodriguez to the Red Sox for Manny Ramirez. Will only happen if the Angels work out a deal for Garciaparra.

Would allow the Rangers to go out and get a great pitcher or two.

Titans
12-05-2003, 02:33 PM
I heard a funny one today too. I heard that the Rangers wanted to send Rodriguez to Boston for Manny and for Boston not only to pick up the full 252 remaining on A-Rod's contract, but also eat some of Manny's contract.

Is Management for the Rangers that FREAKING stupid to even ask?????

What's funny, that makes Boston even more idiotic if they agree to that.

GWOOD
12-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Titans:
I heard a funny one today too. I heard that the Rangers wanted to send Rodriguez to Boston for Manny and for Boston not only to pick up the full 252 remaining on A-Rod's contract, but also eat some of Manny's contract.

Is Management for the Rangers that FREAKING stupid to even ask?????

What's funny, that makes Boston even more idiotic if they agree to that.Hmmmmmm. Sounds like the Rangers only want to trade Rodriguez if it has the potential to turn the organization around, i.e., lots of money available for lots of pitching.

Titans
12-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Gwood:

Well we know that's not the case...never has been. The only thing the Rangers are interested in is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That's the primary reason for changing uniforms. They know they can't produce on the field and intice the fans to attend; so they make new uniforms so people will pay outrageous amounts of money. Which, in turn, helps the owners pay for their high dollar houses and vehicles, as well as their high dollar wives...LOL!

crzyjournalist03
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
GWOOD:
Speaking of the Rangers, have you heard the rumor today? Alex Rodriguez to the Red Sox for Manny Ramirez. Will only happen if the Angels work out a deal for Garciaparra.

Would allow the Rangers to go out and get a great pitcher or two.yeah...there's a large article in the DMN today detailing the trade...the Red Sox will have to pick up all of A-rod's contract as well as about 3 or 4 million per year on Manny's...the Rangers would save well over $100 million in the deal, and the Red Sox, by trading Manny and Nomar, would come out about even, as well as continue to "one-up" their rival Yankees...the A-rod trade has grown in importance since the Yanks acquired Javier Vazquez from the Expos.

The problem with the deal is that the Rangers wouldn't have anybody to play SS, their outfield is arleady cluttered with young talent like Mench, Nix, Nivar, Thames, etc. While the deal would theoretically clear up space to acquire pitching, the Rangers would still be taking on a fairly large contract in Ramirez, and would probably only be able to sign one more good player because of Tom Hicks's mandated $30 million salary cut for next year's team.