PDA

View Full Version : Good news from our RVOS Insurance Adjuster

Scoop27
06-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Found out this week that our RVOS Home Owners insurance will play for our storm damage and hail will pay for our repairs to our house repair (In the bedroom, closet and bathroom) along with our house and garage roof which was damgaged by hair. We'll be saving a lot of bucks-Not sure what our dedutible is though.

44INAROW
06-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Found out this week that our RVOS Home Owners insurance will play for our storm damage and hail will pay for our repairs to our house repair (In the bedroom, closet and bathroom) along with our house and garage roof which was damgaged by hair. We'll be saving a lot of bucks-Not sure what our dedutible is though.

That's awesome Scoop. Evidently, the water damage was either from wind driven rain OR an opening along the wall and/or roof to allow the water into the house. Or was this water that either seeped into the house from rising water? (probably not, I don't think that would be covered) Depending on how long you've had that policy - you could have anywhere from a $500 to a 5% deductible. (for clause 2, weather related perils) Good Luck... Be sure and read the estimate and any documents from the carrier about length of time for repairs in order to collect any depreciation/hold back. Some carriers limit to 180 days with option to extend

Tejastrue
06-14-2019, 09:22 PM
I know this is a serious matter but gotta love Scoop's way with words. Seriously though, good news indeed.

BwdLion73
06-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Coverage is good to hear. When I read you initial post I wondered if you were in a flood plain or had a separate flood policy.

Like 44 said it must have been some special circumstance if you regular home owners covered it. Living on Lake Bwd. for over 40 years has taught me a lot about that. ;)

Scoop27
06-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Will be getting our check from RVOS insurance before the end of he week for our repair damage to our house from three weeks ago plus hail damage to house and roof damage. Our adjuster told us our deductible is 1,700.

BwdLion73
06-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Will be getting our check from RVOS insurance before the end of he week for our repair damage to our house from three weeks ago plus hail damage to house and roof damage. Our adjuster told us our deductible is 1,700.

That is great news when it comes to your insurance company.

...but now I'm worried about contractors vehicles in the area possibly blocking your mail delivery and slowing the
dc delivery...:doh:

Scoop27
06-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Got our check in from RVOS today so we can start repairs