PDA

View Full Version : DCTF Preseason 4A Top 10's

d0tc0m
06-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Greg Tepper and crew at DCTF released their preseason 4A top 10 just now over at www.texasfootball.com/live. The magazine, obviously, will have expanded top 25 rankings for each division. A few surprises in each division. Always excited to see the preseason polls start to roll in. Means the season is coming!

4A Division I

1. La Vega
2. Carthage
3. Argyle
4. Liberty Hill
5. Midlothian Heritage
6. Sealy
7. Paris
8. Henderson
9. Lampasas
10. Decatur

4A Divison II

1. Pleasant Grove
2. Jasper
3. Silsbee
4. Cuero
5. West Orange-Stark
6. Waco Connally
7. Gilmer
8. Lorena
9. Graham
10. Lubbock Estacado

Bosqueville
06-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Lampasas?? Seriously?

d0tc0m
06-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Lampasas?? Seriously?

Apparently they're loaded, offensively, and return just about everybody from a very young team.

KingRob
06-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Defending Champion should always start at #1. My opinion.

WOS87
06-08-2019, 03:18 AM
WO-S, Silsbee, and Jasper will sort themselves out the first two weeks of October as WO-S plays them both in consecutive weeks. Jasper at WO-S, WO-S at Silsbee. WO-S lost to Jasper at Jasper last year and beat them in the regional playoffs and beat Silsbee at home then lost to them in the Quarters. This year should be a doozie yet again.

WOS87
06-08-2019, 03:26 AM

Who's the #2 favorite in R4 this year? At least Cuero isn't #5 in the state yet predicted to finish 2nd in district and 3rd in R3 like us.

solocam
06-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Liberty Hill graduated alot of seniors this year,lots of young men are going to have to step up. 4 seems kind of high to me to start out

solocam
06-08-2019, 01:26 PM
18 of 22 starters graduated

Matthew328
06-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Lampasas?? Seriously?

Lampasas 7-5 last year lost in the area round in a very close game....7 starters back on both sides and an 8-2 JV coming up...thus the reason for the high hopes

Bosqueville
06-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Lampasas 7-5 last year lost in the area round in a very close game....7 starters back on both sides and an 8-2 JV coming up...thus the reason for the high hopes

Wow.. it’s been a long, long time coming. Good for the Badgers..

Matthew328
06-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Wow.. it’s been a long, long time coming. Good for the Badgers..

Saw them today at the Brownwood SQT and they pass the eyeball test at least with the skill kids...

Yoe_09
06-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Saw them today at the Brownwood SQT and they pass the eyeball test at least with the skill kids...

They didn't win games in the Gatesville SQT, but to me it certainly appears they have some potential at the skill positions. I have not seen Lampasas since some scrimmage film from a few years back, but this has to be a positive sign.

We will know a lot from their non-district schedule. If they are a legit top 10 team, they will need to dominate people like Lago Vista and Gatesville and at least be in the conversation to beat Lorena and La Vernia.

Matthew328
06-08-2019, 09:56 PM
They didn't win games in the Gatesville SQT, but to me it certainly appears they have some potential at the skill positions. I have not seen Lampasas since some scrimmage film from a few years back, but this has to be a positive sign.

We will know a lot from their non-district schedule. If they are a legit top 10 team, they will need to dominate people like Lago Vista and Gatesville and at least be in the conversation to beat Lorena and La Vernia.

I think at the Gatesville SQT they had just gotten a couple of their skill guys back from track and hadn't worked 7on7 yet (QB Whitehead included)....looked like a lot of close losses...they were definitely clicking on offense today....that Stephenville game was a flat out shootout.....Rogers mentioned the difficult non-district slate as something that they are hoping once again pays off....I would expect them to knock off both Gatesville and LaVernia this year (I think they lost twice to LaVernia last year in OT in both games) Lorena will IMO be the real measuring stick

Tejastrue
06-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Who's the #2 favorite in R4 this year? At least Cuero isn't #5 in the state yet predicted to finish 2nd in district and 3rd in R3 like us.

Shall I go out on a limb? lol

Yoe_09
06-08-2019, 11:23 PM
I think at the Gatesville SQT they had just gotten a couple of their skill guys back from track and hadn't worked 7on7 yet (QB Whitehead included)....looked like a lot of close losses...they were definitely clicking on offense today....that Stephenville game was a flat out shootout.....Rogers mentioned the difficult non-district slate as something that they are hoping once again pays off....I would expect them to knock off both Gatesville and LaVernia this year (I think they lost twice to LaVernia last year in OT in both games) Lorena will IMO be the real measuring stick

Yeah, I think the same could have maybe been said about La Vega.

3A DI top 10 coming out Monday? Hopefully it looks something like this:

1. Grandview
2. Malakoff
3. Cameron Yoe
4. Gladewater
5. East Chambers
6. Franklin
7. Atlanta
8. Brock
9. Goliad
10. Yoakum

Others: Edna, Wall, Diboll, Troy, Jim Ned

LHPfactory
06-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Lampasas?? Seriously?

Lampasas will be good the next few years, the Incoming Junior and Sophmore classes were good in youth and Jr High and havent fell of or dispersed. Huge linemen and good skill players. Should be a good game when LH rolls into Lampasas, probably decide the DC that night.

LHPfactory
06-11-2019, 08:19 AM
18 of 22 starters graduated

Solo, that was a special bunch of Seniors, of course Im a big time homer for that group, especially because one of them was mine. But part of the Legacy they left was the tradition and experience passed on to the players coming back.

We have a small Senior class numbers wise this year, but in that bunch we have some dang good kids.

That being said, We will be a very Junior heavy Roster along with probably about a half a dozen Sophomores.

I know our LH boys will step up, they will be a different team, but a dang good team and a contender come playoff time.

cowboyandchrist
06-11-2019, 10:23 AM
The Carthage Dawgs are right where they need to be.
They are loaded on both sides of the ball.
Return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
The New QB from what I am hearing can throw dimes at 20 yards or 50. 6’ 3” 215 pounds and can run.
The Dawgs play 5a number 4 ranked Marshall and Pleasant Grove 4A DII ranked number 1 in preseason.
The Dawgs will be huge on the O line and D line.
Two of the best receivers in the state and two outstanding running backs.
Defense returns 8 with lngram leading a hard hitting linebacker core.
There have been college recruiters in Carthage looking at 7 players including the QB.
Can’t wait to see the 2019 Dawgs take the field.
Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

d0tc0m
06-11-2019, 11:10 AM
The Carthage Dawgs are right where they need to be.
They are loaded on both sides of the ball.
Return 8 on defense and 6 on offense.
The New QB from what I am hearing can throw dimes at 20 yards or 50. 6’ 3” 215 pounds and can run.
The Dawgs play 5a number 4 ranked Marshall and Pleasant Grove 4A DII ranked number 1 in preseason.
The Dawgs will be huge on the O line and D line.
Two of the best receivers in the state and two outstanding running backs.
Defense returns 8 with lngram leading a hard hitting linebacker core.
There have been college recruiters in Carthage looking at 7 players including the QB.
Can’t wait to see the 2019 Dawgs take the field.
Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

We could be headed towards a LV/Carthage showdown in Dallas. There would be a crazy amount of talent on the field for that one.

panfan
06-11-2019, 11:45 AM
We could be headed towards a LV/Carthage showdown in Dallas. There would be a crazy amount of talent on the field for that one.

remnants of last years discussion:D:evillol:

lostaussie
06-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Greg Tepper and crew at DCTF released their preseason 4A top 10 just now over at www.texasfootball.com/live. The magazine, obviously, will have expanded top 25 rankings for each division. A few surprises in each division. Always excited to see the preseason polls start to roll in. Means the season is coming!

7. Gilmer I guess that's on history. Sure isn't on anything we did last year. We can only hope

d0tc0m
06-11-2019, 05:54 PM
I guess that's on history. Sure isn't on anything we did last year. We can only hope

I think history, pedigree, whatever you wanna call it, is a big part of it. But you guys also bring back the house, don’t you? Still some talent there, and a good-throwing QB coming in, right?

I think that’s an ok spot for Gilmer. And like Matt has referenced many times, once you get past the top 4 of DII, the depth just falls off. Meanwhile, DI is freaking loaded.

Matthew328
06-11-2019, 05:58 PM
I guess that's on history. Sure isn't on anything we did last year. We can only hope

A bad year and ya'll still went three deep and beat a 10-0 team in the first round

44INAROW
06-11-2019, 06:25 PM
A bad year and ya'll still went three deep and beat a 10-0 team in the first round

I agree Matthew, I learned long time ago, NEVER overlook Gilmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LV_Bearfan
06-21-2019, 07:01 PM
La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-21-2019, 07:51 PM
La Vernia lost a bunch but reloads with an undefeated JV.JV team looked pretty solid for La Vernia. Look forward to opening game to start the season with hopefully a much improve Sinton team for 2019

LV_Bearfan
06-23-2019, 10:33 PM
That should be a nice matchup.

Third
06-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Not without Whittington. He was once in a lifetime special.

d0tc0m
06-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Man, I don’t know how many of you have gotten your DCTF magazine yet or not, or who’s seen the Top 25, but holy freaking crap, I’ll say this ... 4A DI is DEEP and GOOD!

Going to be some nasty, nasty matchups all throughout the season. And Region II & III are gonna be even more entertaining come playoff time than they were last year.

Celina8
06-27-2019, 08:37 AM
I have not gotten my copy of DCTF and honestly my knowledge of the teams are very limited to those we always see and expect to be in the hunt which is Carthage , Argyle, West Orange Stark, Cuero ect. Last season was very exciting to see Liberty Hill march to the Finals , and I was very proud of my Bobcats improve during the playoffs with a victory over Wilmer Hutchins and Stephenville then to play Argyle very close after getting blown out at home in district play. I hope they have a great season , and that this is another fun year with upsets and surprises which is always exciting.

d0tc0m
06-27-2019, 10:02 AM
I have not gotten my copy of DCTF and honestly my knowledge of the teams are very limited to those we always see and expect to be in the hunt which is Carthage , Argyle, West Orange Stark, Cuero ect. Last season was very exciting to see Liberty Hill march to the Finals , and I was very proud of my Bobcats improve during the playoffs with a victory over Wilmer Hutchins and Stephenville then to play Argyle very close after getting blown out at home in district play. I hope they have a great season , and that this is another fun year with upsets and surprises which is always exciting.

The typical powers are going to be pretty salty again this year. Someone in Region III or IV will have to step up pretty mightily to keep Carthage out of the title game. Argyle will be solid as usual, with a really good offensive line, a stud senior quarterback, and no shortage of skill kids. But all roads in Region II lead through La Vega this year. The Pirates just have an embarrassment of riches in talent. But, insofar as I can tell, Paris might be the second best team behind La Vega in Region II, and I'd say they could go toe-to-toe with the Pirates. They have full grown men in the trenches and some freaking studs at the skill positions. And that's still leaving out Melissa, Kennedale, Stephenville, China Spring, Brownwood and Celina in Region II. Just a ridiculous region. No other one is even close in Division I. Can't see anyone from Region I making enough noise to actually knock off the Region II champ in the semifinals, but stranger things have happened.

As for Celina ... keep your eye on the Bobcats this year and in the next 2-4. We could see a resurgence for the orange and white. I have high hopes for the Bobcats both this year and in the coming years. Lots of talent at the junior level on down. Lots of talent. Speed, size, work ethic, quality kids, etc. A lot of that youth will be filling starting roles on the varsity this year. Mix that with some really good seniors this year, and I think we could see the Bobcats make some noise in 2019. We could see one of the best QBs to ever come through Celina take the reins next year, too. He's a junior right now, but the kid can flat spin the ball.

In saying all that, Region II is stacked, and District 7 is far and away the deepest, most talented district in Region II. I could easily see Celina finish anywhere from 1-4 in that district, and make noise in the playoffs regardless of their seed.

It's going to be an entertaining year in Division I, I'll say that.