PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Everman-Eastern Hills

Matthew328
09-07-2003, 06:23 PM
The Bulldogs came out strong taking advantage of an EHHS turnover and jumped out 19-0 quick...then the Bulldogs got somewhat lackidasical and the score remained 19-0 til halftime...at the start of the second half Everman came out strong again and put up 2 more quick scores and was up 34-0....the rest of the game was rather uneventful..overall Everman looked pretty good..Marcus Jamison had a nice game at TB and WR Tim Jackson looked really good scoring 3 TD's...the defense looked OK but will need to get better this week against Lawton Ike..

JMEN84
09-08-2003, 09:51 AM
I thought we started where we left off from last year until we went in to half time with no more points than we got in first qtr. But then again it was the first game of the season. There alot of teams that wish they could have had a 34-0 win, but for the Bulldogs of Everman our expectations are a little higher. Like last year I can see us getting better week by week as the season goes on. We have the talent, it just has to rise to the level we are used to seeing. We have a tough week ahead with a tougher opponent, so we will see? Good job and good luck to our Bulldogs. See you in Oklahomathis weekend.

this is the way we ball
09-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Great job Everman. Good luck to you guys this week. Show them boys from OK how we ball in Texas.

bulldog65
09-08-2003, 12:22 PM
I hope we are ready to play this week! I read where Lawton Ike beat Lawton High 44-15 last week. #1 running back in the state D.J. Wolfe ran for 185 yards. They are ranked #10 in 6-A.

rholl
09-08-2003, 12:24 PM
I hope Everman does well this week.....but I'm expecting a war. They will be looking for revenge from getting beat last yr by a 3A team from Texas...plus we have to go there and face their great RB again!!!
PS Someone give me an update on 4A Crowley!

Matthew328
09-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Crowley isn't very good...they are 0-1 losing to FW Southwest last week..I expect them to be 0-2 when they play Everman..they play Eastern Hills this week and Eastern Hills should beat em by 3 TD's

JMEN84
09-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Matt, do you have directions to the game or know how to get some? Do they have a website?

Matthew328
09-08-2003, 12:43 PM
I know they are going to have a charter bus going to Lawton....it is only 20$ to ride..which isn't bad..however they still need more people to sign up...if you want to do that call Mrs. Hill at the junior high she'll give you details..if that doesn't work out I believe you take 287 up to Wichita Falls and then hit I-44 into Lawton...from there I'm not sure..

JMEN84
09-08-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm planning on driving along with 5 others so expense will not be a problem. Plus I can stop when ever I need to and leave if things get out of hand. I hope I get to stay until the end, that will mean things are going well... Thanks for the info.

cubs
09-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Matthew - been busy since Friday and haven't had a chance to congratulate Bulldogs on the win. I really enjoyed watching them play - they execute beautifully. You can tell they are bonded as a team - they are all on the same page - thanks to very, very good coaching and also the fact that they are very good competitors. Would have like for the score to be a little closer for sure - what can I say - our kids play hard and do the best they can for 4 quarters. If you get them to the game - you don't have to worry about those kids giving up. There were good ballplayers all over the field that nite. And, hey - did ya see your neighbor, Coach D at the game? It's the only one he comes to - probably fussin' cause his boys weren't in the gym - LOL. He's great - I just love him. Good luck - I don't think anybody can beat ya! Cubs

everman_guy
09-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Thank you Cubs we played well, best I have seen us play so far this year. Eastern Hills played tough, ya'll are going to make some noise this year. Good luck the rest of the season!

DogDoc
09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey JMEN glad to hear you will be comin' up to Oklahoma to watch the game. Have you been able to get most of them the last couple of years? Rholl you didn't say if you were going or not? Yall holler at me before the game if you get a chance and make a lot of noise. One thing to watch for is the rules differences as they may be a real pain to remember for one game.

bulldog65
09-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Please explain rules difference?

cubs
09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks Everman Guy - we surely don't have the size and feature backs we did in 99-00-001, but our kids will give it their best shot for sure and that's all you can ask of them.

Matthew328
09-09-2003, 12:13 PM
There are a few rules differences...no blocking below the waist at all...things like that..

rholl
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Na Doc...not gonna make this one. Oldest one starts fallball this weekend. I think I better make that game instead of the trek to OK. Good luck to you guys..I know it will be a tough one. I've been reading in different places on rule differences and I'm sure refs will be making sure the Texas boys are playing by the right rules.