PDA

View Full Version : New movie "Radio"

Bull's-eye
10-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Has anybody seen a sneak preview? The movie is based on a true story about a South Carolina high school football coach (Ed Harris)and his relationship with a mentally-challenged man nick-named Radio (Cuba Gooding, jr.).

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Yah, I'd really like to see the movie... Gunna be Remember the Titans-like...

3afan2K3
10-21-2003, 04:12 PM
I wanna see it

someone
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
This movie looks like its sorta similar to sealy

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
someone:
This movie looks like its sorta similar to sealyI didn't notice that guy this year, was he there and I missed him or is he not running out of the signs anymore?

someone
10-21-2003, 08:18 PM
he's not running with the team anymore i don't know the whole story but i think the AD asked him kinda to retire from running with the team but don't quote me on that its just what i heard

BrainDamage
10-21-2003, 08:20 PM
I wanna see the movie but i know there will be some sad parts in it cuz i know he'll get made fun of because he is M.R. (mentally r... uhhh you know).But it looks like it should be very good.

keep_it_real
10-21-2003, 08:28 PM
In Rockdale there was a similar story. Jerry Throckmorten was a handicapped fan who had been around Rockdeale since they won state (2A) back in 1976. Since then he was a member of the chain gang.Every Friday he would be at the game cheering on the tigers. Then 2 years ago he became ill and past away. It wasn't the same that season with him not there. It will never be the same. Now Rockdale has a scholarship give out every year in his honor. He lived right across the street from the highschool and he worked for the school during lunch. He also would go put everybodies trash cans up for them after the trash was taken out around his neighborhood. He will always be remembered as Rockdales # 1 fan.........we love ya Jerry

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:18 AM
Very good movie...I already have the DVD. Don't ask me how cause it's not even out in theatres yet

the-O-fence
10-22-2003, 12:23 AM
My freind got a copy of the DVD too. Excellent movie, Cuba Gooding Jr gave an awesome performance. If you like RUDY and REMEMBER THE TITANS this is a must see.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:24 AM
I can see the Rudy in it, but not so much Remember the Titans. He did play a great role. Stand out performance on his part.

tomthall
10-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Bull's-eye:
Has anybody seen a sneak preview? The movie is based on a true story about a South Carolina high school football coach (Ed Harris)and his relationship with a mentally-challenged man nick-named Radio (Cuba Gooding, jr.).yeah it's about me, except for the part about playing football.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:26 AM
Guy that goes to TLU with me now went to that school where it is based from. He said still today people hassle him.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:27 AM
Even though he is like 50+ now. . .

the-O-fence
10-22-2003, 12:29 AM
keep_it_real:
In Rockdale there was a similar story. Jerry Throckmorten was a handicapped fan who had been around Rockdeale since they won state (2A) back in 1976. Since then he was a member of the chain gang.Every Friday he would be at the game cheering on the tigers. Then 2 years ago he became ill and past away. It wasn't the same that season with him not there. It will never be the same. Now Rockdale has a scholarship give out every year in his honor. He lived right across the street from the highschool and he worked for the school during lunch. He also would go put everybodies trash cans up for them after the trash was taken out around his neighborhood. He will always be remembered as Rockdales # 1 fan.........we love ya JerryMan thats a touching story, When my brother was in High school there was a guy that had Down Syndrome and the coach gave him a jersey with his name on it and he would allow him to go out with the team at pep-rallys. The day he got it ive never seen a man filled with so much excitement, it gave me one of those goosbumpy feelings, made me realize how lucky i was to be able to play sports and live a normal life. That was over 7 or 8 yrs ago and even now when he makes it to the games he will have that jersey on.

tomthall
10-22-2003, 12:52 AM
keep_it_real:
In Rockdale there was a similar story. Jerry Throckmorten was a handicapped fan who had been around Rockdeale since they won state (2A) back in 1976. Since then he was a member of the chain gang.Every Friday he would be at the game cheering on the tigers. Then 2 years ago he became ill and past away. It wasn't the same that season with him not there. It will never be the same. Now Rockdale has a scholarship give out every year in his honor. He lived right across the street from the highschool and he worked for the school during lunch. He also would go put everybodies trash cans up for them after the trash was taken out around his neighborhood. He will always be remembered as Rockdales # 1 fan.........we love ya Jerrythat's an awesome story

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: tomthall ]</small>

Wildcat81
10-22-2003, 03:08 AM
Kind of the same story at my school.We had a guy James Parker was his name.He wasn't M.R are any thing just didn't have many friends.He came from a poor family he didn't have much.But when we have pep rallies on Fridays, there would be James
yelling his heart out for his side to win the spirit stick. So the last game we played they made james a six foot spirit stick.A few years out of school James was killed in auto accident.