PDA

View Full Version : Geanie Morrison's Letter to the Editor... re: Cuero Gobblers

44INAROW
05-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Editor, the Advocate:

On Feb. 6, I had the privilege of hosting the Cuero Gobblers at the Texas Capitol to present them with a House Resolution in honor of their 2018 4A State Championship title. This is an amazing group of students with true Texas values, and having them in the Texas House was one of the highlights of the 86th Legislative Session.

After the recognition, I hosted these young men, their coaches, trainers and family members in my office. I had the opportunity to visit one on one with each student and to observe how considerate, courteous and thoughtful they were.

During the reception, I had the opportunity to visit with Cuero Athletic Director and head football coach Travis Reeve. Coach Reeve presented me with a “challenge coin” that had been given to each team member. The inscription read “Uncommon Men Win. To God be the Glory. Relentless Effort – True Toughness – Committed Preparation – Power of Family.” Reading the words made me realize that these young adults were not just members of a winning team; they were members of a winning family. Coach Reeve informed me that each member of the team was given this coin because he and his coaching staff use the inscription as the basis for building the young men’s character.

I sincerely congratulate each and every one of the young men on the Cuero Gobbler football team, their trainers, their family members and especially Coach Reeve and all of his staff. They truly represent the best of District 30.

Sincerely,

Geanie W. Morrison, State Representative, District 30

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/opinion/cuero-gobblers-truly-represent-the-best-of-district/article_c8f455e4-6d00-11e9-8fd3-a7416195f534.html

I am so proud to be a Cuero Gobbler supporter in every facet. Coach Reeve and the assistant coaches have taught these young men how to be men. It's so much more than sports. With all the bad news lately, it's nice to see positive news for a change. Please share good, positive articles if you have them

bobcat1
05-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Wow! That is the icing on the cake Coach Ford would say of Championships. Making young men was what he wanted most. Congrats Gobblers and Cuero for recognizing what you have in Coach Reeve.