PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson Learned

Bulldog Fan
12-15-2002, 12:10 AM
After much confident boasting from many fans we now know who is the best team in division 1 3A. The interesting thing is that they were the least cocky of all. I think we could all learn a lesson and maybe be more gracious and humble next year. We should support our team and believe in them but avoid disrespecting another. Everman has proven themselves on the field where it matters and they have been classy in doing it. May we guard our words more closely next season.

Bulldog92
12-15-2002, 02:29 AM
Very well said. I couldn't agree more and I'm sure some other Jasper posters will tell you the same thing. Any idea who's on the schedule outside of district?

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:32 AM
This fan agree's with you. Everman is the classiest of all. They don't brag, they just walk.
They have made friends out of opponents! :)

sinton66
12-15-2002, 09:04 AM
It's ALWAYS better to just let the kids do the talking on the field. You never know when somebody is copying down every word you say and getting it posted on the opposition's bulletin board. Everman does indeed have class. You won't see them on here crowing about the win either. At least they didn't last year.

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
This is true. Everman is classy. They never rubbed it in that they won last night. It takes class to not brag about just winning the 3A-1 state championship. Tell me the truth. Did Burnet ever seem really cocky at any of the games that we won? If we did I am sure it was only by accident b/c most of the kids and fans from Burnet were taught better than to do that.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 09:34 PM
For the most part, no, they didn't. However there were three or four that did, not at the games, but on here. You know the old saying about how "one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel"? Basically, the same was true for Jasper with just about the same number of exceptions. What most new people on here don't realize, is this board is NOT about that. We don't LIKE all the smack talk. Most on here are adults that take this game very seriously and try very hard to contribute in an intelligent manner. Every year, there is a new bunch to come in and make fools of themselves. And, it's always just a few. Sooner or later, everyone learns this is a great site with a lot of very knowledgeable people on it.

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 10:04 PM
Guys, this is my first year on this site and there are times that I felt I was watching the Jerry Springer Show "He said that She Said that He Said, and so on and on...." Basicly all it takes is a few stupid remarks posted this site by a few inconsiderate individuals to get the snow ball rolling. Its really easy to get caught up in all of this, but sometimes you have to step back and understand that the majority of the people in any community don't spend all their time on this site and don't share the views of those few inconsiderates. We also need to remember that this site is visited by a lot of students and that some of them are not as mature as others. Theres no way that you can judge any community by what you read on this site. Its one thing to be proud of your team and want to support them. But the team that wins the score and the respect of the loser is the true winner. I am from Burnet, and I can tell you that Ive seen and heard none of the trash talk in our community and Im sure that can be said about most of the communities whose teams we have played this year. This internet thing is a great way to communicate, but lets not forget whats going on in the real world. CONGRATULATIONS EVERMAN, YOU ARE TRUE CHAMPIONS, I HOPE WE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. YOU HAVE OUR RESPECT AND OUR PRAYERS FOR YOUR FALLEN TEAMMATE. OLD(BURNET)DAWGGREEN

j_dog
12-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Bulldog92:
Very well said. I couldn't agree more and I'm sure some other Jasper posters will tell you the same thing. Any idea who's on the schedule outside of district?Yes, Everman had its act together, off the field as well as on. Congratulations Everman on winning state again!

The schedules should be the same next year as this year, just reverse the home and away.

BHSfan03
12-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Or it could just be that most fans in Everman don't have the internet so they can't get online, or just don't know about this site. The more fans each town has on here, the more likelyhood of the towns\fans being classified as "unclassy".

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 11:47 PM
BHSfan03:
Or it could just be that most fans in Everman don't have the internet so they can't get online, or just don't know about this site. The more fans each town has on here, the more likelyhood of the towns\fans being classified as "unclassy".I can see where one would think that - but there are alot of Sinton Fans on here, and I think they are one of the classiest teams around!!

DAWGFAN88
12-16-2002, 12:10 AM
I CAN ASSURE YOU THERE ARE QUITE A FEW EVERMAN FANS ON THIS SITE. WE MAINLY JUST READ WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS TALKING ABOUT. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONCERN AND PRAYERS. PLEASE KEEP COREY AND HIS FAMILY IN THEM.

labrat99
12-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Bulldog Fan - That was a classy post. The fact is that the top three or four 3A teams could probably line up and play a decent game with any HS team in Texas. They play at an amazingly high level.

Good luck to the Bulldogs next season. Who's going to be the early favorite in your district - Jasper or Newton?

olddawggreen
11-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Interesting

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

sinton66
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes, I agree. But, all may not be as it first appears. wink

BHS#1
11-13-2003, 08:00 PM
BHSfan03:
Or it could just be that most fans in Everman don't have the internet so they can't get online, or just don't know about this site. The more fans each town has on here, the more likelyhood of the towns\fans being classified as "unclassy".I think this is exactly the point they are trying to make. Have you ever even been to Everman? They probably get on here and laugh their butts off when they read stupid post like this one.

sinton66
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
I have talked with several of the Everman fans on here, and they are quite classy and always humble. I have all of the respect in the world for their program and their fans. The poster that said all of us could learn from them is absolutely correct.

olddog73
11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
This is true.