PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

44INAROW
04-19-2019, 09:36 AM
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Weekend. We are doing a fish, shrimp and oyster fry with our sons/families and my mom.
Last Easter, I had the unbelievable task of telling my boys and mother I had stage 3 Lobular Carcinoma ( breast cancer) not the Easter dinner any of us imagined. This Easter, I’m preparing for my FINAL surgery and treatment. Yea. I have a fabulous team in Austin and was told a couple weeks ago, I am in remission.
Guys, remind the ladies in your life to stay current with self exam and mammograms. I had a mammogram in Aug 2017 and it was clear. I found a lump in Spring of 2018. It formed in 6 months. And I was told it was nothing. Thank God I got a 2nd opinion. I’m the 1st person in my family to get cancer but I Listened to my gut!
I am getting so sappy in my old age. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcat1
04-19-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm adding you to my prayers 44. You sappy sap you. LOL Love you and am praying for a very successful outcome. Happy Easter!

44INAROW
04-22-2019, 09:58 AM
I'm adding you to my prayers 44. You sappy sap you. LOL Love you and am praying for a very successful outcome. Happy Easter!

Thanks Bobcat - lots to be Thankful for, for sure :)

1st and goal
04-24-2019, 01:35 PM
Glad to hear you're in remission.

Prayers from Giddings.

Hate Cancer. Love divine healing and cures.

1st and goal
04-24-2019, 01:35 PM
Oh, and you made me hungry now for seafood. :)

44INAROW
04-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Thanks 1st and goal. .
We are in Austin right now at my plastic surgeons office for my final pre op for hopefully last reconstruction surgery
(May 7). We drove through a classic “turd floater” between Cuero and Gonzales. Even the 18 wheelers pulled over. It was coming down so hard.

Monday night, hubby and I made grilled oysters with garlic/butter/mozzarella cheese, on his new pellet grill. Oh my, they were SO GOOD. Lots of work, I admit but so worth it. Oysters kinda cooled off while we were grilling red fish so I popped oysters (we had shells from previous) under the broiler for a minutes or two. Browned the mozzarella and really stepped up flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcat1
04-24-2019, 09:59 PM
YUM! I gotta move to the coast when I retire. I love fresh seafood.