PDA

View Full Version : Sooo Not Football - Upcoming tourney for HS girls

Bell_06
12-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Came across this at a softball site, thought there might be some SB coaches out there that would be interested.

5th Annual Round Rock Invitational
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5th ANNUAL
Round Rock Invitational
(Formally known as The Ken Hanes Memorial)

This is the 5th Annual Round Rock Invitational Tournament (Formally known as The Ken Hanes Memorial Tournament). Proceeds from this tournament go directly to supporting our female athletes in school activities and scholarships.
It is an excellent Pre-Season tournament in which high school age girls are able to tune-up their skills for their upcoming season. High school coaches are encouraged to attend to watch these players, but are not allowed to coach.

DATE: JANUARY 17 & 18, 2004
OPEN TO ALL LEVELS OF COMPETITION
OLD SETTLERS PARK, ROUND ROCK, TEXAS

TOURNAMENT COST: $200.00
UMPIRES PAID AT THE PLATE PRIOR TO EACH GAME
4 GAME GUARANTEE: 2 POOL + DOUBLE ELIMINATION
Single game championship

ENTRY DEADLINE JANUARY 12TH
SEND TEAM INFO AND CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO:
RR INVITATIONAL
C/O JOHN VALENTI
1345 BECCA TEAL PL.
ROUND ROCK, TEXAS 78681

FIELDS:Old Settler’s Park, Round Rock, Texas
Nine Fields–One Complex

RULES:ASA Rules to Apply. Provide your own Ball, Yellow Core .47.
Teams must have alike colored shirts with numbers.

GATE FEE: Included in the Entry Fee.

John Valenti, Tournament Director Til Baack, Tournament director
Home: (512) 255-5411 Home: (512) 218-9616
Work: (512) 826-0859 Fax: (512) 244-1900 Mobil: (512) 826-0859 Mobile: (512) 848-2424
e-mail: jvalenti@austin.rr.com e-mail: til.baack@jcevans.com

Old Cardinal
12-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Just a question, are 16 & U and 18 & U Select and Gold teams welcome to participate?

Bell_06
12-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I took it that this was designed for high school teams, more as a look-see for the upcoming school year. Can't think of any true tournament teams that would want to participate, some of the competition could be a little weak. But it would be a great way to see what areas are going to be your week spot during the 04 season. I hope Bellville is there but not holding my breath at this point. We tend to have a hard time getting girls to commit, not sure how many of our softball players are doing the basketball thing either. All I know is this weekend my daughter is filling in on a team playing in San Antonio, and I heard that it's going to be some kind of cold.. nothing worse then metal bleachers on an icy day :)