PDA

View Full Version : real lowdown on burnet/somerset game

candido32
11-19-2002, 02:01 PM
anybody want to know what really happened @ this game, burnet has a very very good qb, but the rest of the team is average. Burnet had help (zebra) and got all of the calls all night long, maybe that because the refs were from the chapter from where burnet is from. It is a shame that both teams are not able to play to their full potential, but instead the game's final score is dictated by how the refs feel. There were way too many calls that were blown. now, don't get me wrong, burnet has a very good team but they are beatable and somerset very much exploited that and burnet you know what i am talking about. Yes, you won the game, but the score does not reflect how the game was played. it sure is a pity when politics becomes involved at this level. wink

horndawg
11-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Are you crazy? You must not have been at the game I was at. Burnet could have scored 80 points. Somerset only had 7 until Burnet put the second and third string in. Officials could not of had a impact on this game at all.

29x281
11-19-2002, 07:02 PM
hmmm...

Somerset forced 1 Burnet punt, late in the 4th quarter against the second string. Other than that, Burnet had 1 fumble on a pitch and lost 1 possession on a well-executed on-sides kick by Somerset.

So Burnet scored TDs on 7 of 9 possessions. The other TD was a punt return.

As for Burnet's defense, I thought Somerset surprised Burnet a little with the run/pass ratio. One Burnet coach told me that, after watching several films of Somerset, they were about 65%/35% run to pass. During the 1st qtr, however, Somerset was about 75%25% pass to run.

Once Burnet adjusted, the rout was on.

What on earth are you talking about with the refs? They were from Temple, about an hour's drive from Burnet. They helped Somerset, I thought, by not calling #44 for several cheap-shots after the play.

CentralTxFan
11-19-2002, 07:18 PM
29x281....I think you and I must have been at a different game than candido32 was at....geeez...for once I thought the ref's were pretty fair...especially since they came from a chapter that NEITHER team uses. I also agree with you that there were a few times when a call should have made but was obviously not seen...hence your comment.

According to the newspaper on Saturday the box scores report that Burnet had 5/40 and Somerset 7/45 yards in penalties. Looks pretty even to me!

I will say Somerset gave us a run for the money in the first quarter but as soon as we figured out what the heck was going on Burnet was on their game.

Candido32... Somerset was good but on Friday night, November 15, 2002, Burnet was by far the better team!

Old Dog
11-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Candido32......your guys played a hard game and never gave up. They deserve to remember that game for what they did, not be overshadowed by some lame claim of bias refs. If fact, the refs missed 2 clear calls of roughing that should have been called on Somerset. Somerset was very hard nosed and tough. They need to remember the game as one where they went down scrapping and fighting to the end. I for one wish them the best of luck next year!

2KDawg
11-19-2002, 11:29 PM
HA!!! Please tell me your not FREAKIN SERIOUS!!!! Anybody who was at the game knows what really went down! So please stop making excuses cause Somerset got STOMPED! First of all the only score that yall had was a freakin blessing so yall wouldnt get shut out.... Your reciever was on his back in the endzone, when the ball was tipped right into his hands!! And your other two scores were on the second and third string scrubs in the fourth! So please take your whyning self somewhere else where they give a rats.... Somerset just better be glad coach has more respect for his opponents to not run the score up, to 100 if he wanted to... Oh by the way there is no "average" 11-0 team! dont forget your sneakers tomarrow for basketball practice chump!

spaniard
11-20-2002, 01:34 AM
candido32:
anybody want to know what really happened @ this game, burnet has a very very good qb, but the rest of the team is average. Burnet had help (zebra) and got all of the calls all night long, maybe that because the refs were from the chapter from where burnet is from. It is a shame that both teams are not able to play to their full potential, but instead the game's final score is dictated by how the refs feel. There were way too many calls that were blown. now, don't get me wrong, burnet has a very good team but they are beatable and somerset very much exploited that and burnet you know what i am talking about. Yes, you won the game, but the score does not reflect how the game was played. it sure is a pity when politics becomes involved at this level. wink guys, tell me hes joking, youve got to be kidding me. zebras helping us out? holy cow, i guess he was at a different alamodome game, maybe he was there saturday sometime and thought he was watching burnet. im gonna give him as many excuses as i can. i mean, i guess we could look at how #22 always seemed to be hurt after he got hit. i mean, i think i counted at least 6 times he would lay on the ground after the whistle acting like he was hurt. it would be a different story if he was hurt, but he magically came back and would catch a pass, then on the next play fall back down. but oh well, we won, it was a tough first and fourth quarter for the guys, and the boys are ready for saturday. somerset, good luck in track.