PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Eagles Baseball

Pages : [1] 2 3

regaleagle
03-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Starting the season out as the Top-ranking team in the nation, the Eagles finally faltered and lost to Southlake Carroll this weekend. Their continuous win streak was broken at 50 straight games......even though they did play to a 4-4 tie early this season in their 5th outing in the Texas Border Olympics Tournament to Corpus Christi Ray.....that game was played in Corpus Christi in inclimate weather. Argyle currently stands at 14-1-1 after going 5-1 this weekend at the Highland Park Tournament against some top teams from the Metroplex. Most likely Argyle will fall from their #1 spot even though they dropped a game to a ranked opponent. Colleyville Heritage stood at #3 nationally this week with Bobby Witt, Jr......perhaps the #1 high school recruit in the nation for the pro draft. Lake Travis had moved up this week to #6.....so I'm not sure how much Argyle will fall in the rankings next week. I'm guessing some, but not much. They have beat some very quality teams all over Texas this early season and have a full schedule of 32 games before any playoff games. That's quite a full schedule to play in such a short time at the high school level.....and the weather so far this early baseball season has been poor and cold. Argyle has 11 Division I commits on their team this season.....kinda unbelievable in baseball. That means some of these commits are not even starting some games. Yep......Argyle is LOADED this season again in baseball.....otherwise they would not have so many wins already and top-ranked nationally among the best regardless of school size.

regaleagle
03-10-2019, 12:47 PM
It's still early in the season.....district games have not even started yet. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we will see Argyle vs Sinton for the State Championship this season......I believe both of these teams are that much above the rest in 4A this season. Abilene Wylie has a good team again, but they are no longer in 4A. Not sure about what Sweeney lost to graduation last year.....but they could give Sinton a run. I'm certain there will be some upsets and some teams moving up as the season progresses.....perhaps Fredericksburg or Robinson will show some late season quality. Texarkana Pleasant Grove is always the toughest team for Argyle to get past.....they are a perennial contender every year it seems and have been to State many times. Still too early for the cream to rise.....but my money is on Argyle to repeat. But anything can happen in the playoffs.

Stephenville has an impressive start and is undefeated so far this season.....could be a showdown with Argyle in Region I. Iowa Park and Levelland are also tough teams coming out of Region I. Region I is fairly loaded with very good baseball teams this season.

regaleagle
03-10-2019, 01:00 PM
But the real surprise team might just be Decatur......in Argyle's district!!! They appear to be very steady with a complete return of starters like Argyle and have not lost a game yet this season. Looks like Argyle will have their work cut out just to win the region. It's never easy to repeat....especially in baseball where so many variables are in play on any given game to advance to the next round. Good luck to everyone this season and may your bats swing freely.

regaleagle
03-10-2019, 01:03 PM
For updates each week you can go to Texas High School Baseball to view each week's results, the standings in each district and region, and to see each team's record throughout the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-11-2019, 06:32 PM
It's still early in the season.....district games have not even started yet. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we will see Argyle vs Sinton for the State Championship this season......I believe both of these teams are that much above the rest in 4A this season. Abilene Wylie has a good team again, but they are no longer in 4A. Not sure about what Sweeney lost to graduation last year.....but they could give Sinton a run. I'm certain there will be some upsets and some teams moving up as the season progresses.....perhaps Fredericksburg or Robinson will show some late season quality. Texarkana Pleasant Grove is always the toughest team for Argyle to get past.....they are a perennial contender every year it seems and have been to State many times. Still too early for the cream to rise.....but my money is on Argyle to repeat. But anything can happen in the playoffs.

Stephenville has an impressive start and is undefeated so far this season.....could be a showdown with Argyle in Region I. Iowa Park and Levelland are also tough teams coming out of Region I. Region I is fairly loaded with very good baseball teams this season.
Sweeny returns just about the same team from last season. Sinton returns 7 all seniors but start 3 very good freshmen one them is highly touted, Rylan Galvan. So far he's hitting .405 with 2 hr's 14 rbi's 8 doubles. On mound he's 1-0 with a save 4 IP 0 R 2 BB 11 SO. One of his AB https://twitter.com/i/status/1104250829954076672

Sinton is not rank which is good flying under the radar.

Argyle and Sweeny early favorites to get to title game.

regaleagle
03-14-2019, 12:56 AM
Guess what??? Sinton ain't "flying under the radar" to teams like Argyle and Sweeny.....LOL. OR Cuero and Wimberley either. Who else down there looks strong this season that could be a surprise, surprise, surprise???

regaleagle
03-14-2019, 01:17 AM
Here's a kinda weird stat that has happened for Argyle in the early going this season.....they have 3 different players on the team that have connected with a grand slam so far. One of them was a walk-off GS against a very good Coppell team in the Highland Park tournament last week in the bottom of the 7th.

regaleagle
03-17-2019, 12:01 AM
Argyle took out #3 Iowa Park(14-2) by a score of 9-2 in Argyle, then defeated a highly ranked 5A Cleburne team 5-4 this week to send their record to (16-1-1) for the season. Argyle has played only one game all season long at home......this week's win against Iowa Park. #2 Canton extended their season winning record to (16-0) with two more wins this week. Stephenville won 2 more this week to go to (13-1-1) on the season defeating Alvarado and a pretty good Kennedale team.

regaleagle
03-17-2019, 12:21 AM
Argyle dropped to #6 in the MaxPreps national rankings last week with their loss to last season's 6A State Champion Southlake Carroll. There is still tons of games left to be played all over the nation and right here in Texas. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
03-17-2019, 12:41 AM
#12 Decatur(15-2) lost to #20 Benbrook(10-1-1), then won against Burkburnett this week. Then Benbrook lost to #3 Iowa Park after winning against Decatur. Looks like we have some action going on in Region I with some very good teams. Benbrook is in Region 2 with Canton, Texarkana Pleasant Grove(11-4) and Longview Spring Hill(11-2). Better look out for Anna(13-1) over in Region 2 this season also.

regaleagle
03-17-2019, 01:20 AM
Argyle still has 14 games scheduled before the regular season ends.....some with 5A and 6A schools. Next week they play 6A Richland and 4A Crandall.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 07:44 AM
After studying the teams and records more closely on Texas High School Baseball it is obvious that the teams with 7 or more returning starters from a playoff team last season are the ones that are doing the best this season. Let's just say there are few surprises once you delve into last season's record and how many are returning this year. Of course in baseball.....some teams play a more rigorous schedule and more games than other teams. So you have to look at the competition and how many games the teams have played. Seems like the better baseball programs schedule more games with better competition in 4A.....but there are some teams trying to build successful baseball programs by:
(1) Scheduling more games for the players to get more experience in the regular season
(2) Scheduling some of those games w/ opponents known to have a good program regardless of classification
(3) Scheduling some games w/ opponents in 5A, 6A, or Private School classifications.

XMan
03-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Hats off to the Argyles of the world (4a). Its great to see some of the 4a teams really getting after it and trying to produce a quality product on the field. Argyle, Sweeny and the like have shown that quality ball is quality ball, no matter the size of the school. They have shown that they can play with the big boys. There are still lots of 4a schools out there that wish baseball never existed, but hopefully, that number gets smaller each year.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 08:10 AM
Looks like I left off Kilgore(12-4) in Region 2 as a very competitive team to watch.....they have a very good team with lots of returners from last season's squad that went (27-6) and lost in the Regional Finals. They could most definitely contend for the Region 2 crown and give Longview Spring Hill(12-2-1) a run for the district title. Both teams lost a couple of games very early and have reeled off lots of wins since then. Both teams play a very competitive schedule and both teams have good established programs. But Canton(16-0) is in Region 2 also......and this team is loaded folks, no joke. The Eagles returned 9 starters from last season's (29-5) Regional Quarterfinalist team. That means they played 34 games last season with this same squad and didn't even get to the regional semis.....that's lots of quality baseball folks. They got knocked out by perennial baseball power Texarkana Pleasant Grove in the semis and then Argyle defeated PG(25-5) for the Regional title and eventually went 37-0 and a National Championship last season. Two of PG's losses last season were against Argyle in the Regional Finals.....that's how good they were.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Obviously.....Region 2 was a tough, tough region last season, and will be again this season. But Argyle has been moved to Region I this season, and now it appears Region I will also have some highly ranked teams vying for the regional championship this season. But so will Region 2.....they haven't lost anything except having to play against Argyle for a regional title, LOL. We will see what some of the teams in Regions 3 & 4 bring to the playoff picture once the district schedules unravel. I'm quite certain both Sweeny and Sinton will emerge as serious contenders, but not sure about anybody else in those regions.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Looks like I left off Kilgore(12-4) in Region 2 as a very competitive team to watch.....they have a very good team with lots of returners from last season's squad that went (27-6) and lost in the Regional Finals. They could most definitely contend for the Region 2 crown and give Longview Spring Hill(12-2-1) a run for the district title. Both teams lost a couple of games very early and have reeled off lots of wins since then. Both teams play a very competitive schedule and both teams have good established programs. But Canton(16-0) is in Region 2 also......and this team is loaded folks, no joke. The Eagles returned 9 starters from last season's (29-5) Regional Quarterfinalist team. That means they played 34 games last season with this same squad and didn't even get to the regional semis.....that's lots of quality baseball folks. They got knocked out by perennial baseball power Texarkana Pleasant Grove in the semis and then Argyle defeated PG(25-5) for the Regional title and eventually went 37-0 and a National Championship last season. Two of PG's losses last season were against Argyle in the Regional Finals.....that's how good they were.

OOPS......Let's get this straight. PG defeated Canton in the Regional Quarters last season and lost to Argyle in the Regional Semis. Then Argyle defeated Kilgore in the Regional Finals last season. Kilgore was (27-6) last season with two losses coming against Argyle in the Region Finals......that's how good they were too! And they are back again this season with most of their same team.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Looks to me like the most stacked region this season is Region II, for sure. But Region I is pretty darn stacked as well and has been for the last several years with Abilene Wylie, Levelland, Iowa Park, Godley, and Bushland. Stephenville has been in the playoff picture as well for the last few years and so has Midlothian Heritage. Both schools have quality baseball programs and could emerge as serious contenders this season. Midlothian Heritage(12-4) has been moved to Region 3 this season. Wylie won back to back State Titles in 2016 and 2017 before moving up to 5A. I guess Argyle has replaced Wylie in Region I now as one of the Region I powers.....Region II has enough baseball perennial contenders without Argyle in that mix. Argyle has won two State Titles and have been to the finals five times in the past 10 yrs......and some of those years could not get past Region II perennial power Pleasant Grove. I think now Regions I and II are more balanced in baseball for quality programs spread across the two regions.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 10:07 AM
Looks to me like the most stacked region this season is Region II, for sure. But Region I is pretty darn stacked as well and has been for the last several years with Abilene Wylie, Levelland, Iowa Park, Godley, and Bushland. Stephenville has been in the playoff picture as well for the last few years and so has Midlothian Heritage. Both schools have quality baseball programs and could emerge as serious contenders this season. Midlothian Heritage(12-4) has been moved to Region 3 this season. Wylie won back to back State Titles in 2016 and 2017 before moving up to 5A. I guess Argyle has replaced Wylie in Region I now as one of the Region I powers.....Region II has enough baseball perennial contenders without Argyle in that mix. Argyle has won two State Titles and have been to the finals five times in the past 10 yrs......and some of those years could not get past Region II perennial power Pleasant Grove. I think now Regions I and II are more balanced in baseball for quality programs spread across the two regions.

NOPE......looks like Argyle has been to the Final Four only 4 times in the past 10 seasons......losing to Abilene Wylie and College Station. Also looks like Pleasant Grove knocked out Argyle in the Regional Finals at least 3 other seasons and went to the Finals. Argyle's record for the last 7 seasons has been (200-38-3).....that's an 84% winning percentage against top competition......just to give you some numbers and stats. It took a few yrs to build the baseball program in Argyle.....they were originally a basketball only school, then a full class in their 3rd season for football, and baseball developed later. First year of baseball was 2006....just a start-up year....my son was a junior on that team. First full yr of football was 03-04 school yr.....so baseball came 2 yrs later.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Look at those numbers for 7 seasons....(200-38-3). That's a total of 241 games played in 7 seasons....or 34.42 games averaged per season. Of course, when you go deep in the playoffs you play more games. If you go to the State Finals....you either play one game or two. In the playoffs a team could play just one game to advance or get knocked off, or both teams could elect to play a best of 3 series. I think it comes down to a coin flip if one of the teams wants a one-gamer. So some years Argyle played a one-gamer in those playoff runs because some teams wanted a one-gamer against them.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 10:40 AM
So what do these numbers mean??? The more games a team can schedule will help the team and players to gain experience and improve skill sets. It will also create more interest level at the school for more athletic types to consider playing on the team. Scheduling a good mix of teams at different levels gives the players an opportunity to be both tested and to enjoy some success during the season. All of this and more....including a good baseball coach....helps build the program to become a quality contender with a supportive student body and community fanbase. Now your youngsters at the lower grade school levels will gain interest and that program can gain attraction and activity level.

regaleagle
03-21-2019, 10:52 AM
The overall goal or end result desired is to have a highly competitive overall 4A baseball classification environment to develop better players and more scholarships for these student athletes. College is very expensive now, so this is yet another way for more student athletes to be rewarded with more options when preparing for life after high school.

regaleagle
03-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Region III looks like it could be a very strong region this season as well. Lorena(11-3) and Robinson(9-3) out of District 18 have played a tough schedule in predistrict as has Sweeny(12-6) out of District 24. Don't let Sweeny's record sway you.....they played teams in higher classifications(good teams). Little Cypress-Mauriceville(16-5) always schedules the most games in 4A.....because they have a good baseball program. They give their players plenty of games in the season to be more experienced by the playoffs. Carthage(13-3), Jasper(12-5), and Lufkin Hudson(12-6) are all in the same District 20, and all are good teams that should advance in the playoffs. Don't forget that Midlothian Heritage(13-4) is now in District 17 in Region III this season.....look out for this team to do well also. Bridge City(11-5) is always a contender in Region III....they will be in the mix for sure.

regaleagle
03-23-2019, 11:51 AM
I'm keeping an eye out for Lorena this season.....I just think they are ready to make a serious run to the regional finals.

regaleagle
03-23-2019, 11:58 AM
There are two polls for 4A in baseball......the one at Texas High School Baseball and THSBCA(Texas High School Baseball Coaches Assn.). The rankings change each week, but I don't agree with either of these polls or the rankings of the teams. The only time these polls seem to be valid is close to the end of district play.....and any fairweather baseball fan could do that.....LOL.

regaleagle
03-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Liberty Hill.....they just barely missed a State Title in basketball earlier this month......is rising to the top in Region IV with a record of (16-3-1) against a very competitive schedule. Not sure whether the Panthers have EVER won a regional title in baseball, but they certainly look like they have a good chance this season. The Fulshear Chargers(11-2) are a new school and have done nothing but win in District 25 against quality opponents. They have already won all 4 district games they have played so far, which includes a convincing win against a good Sealy Tigers(12-5) team. El Campo(12-5) is also in the same district.....all 3 teams should make the playoffs. Caldwell(15-3) in District 26 is also showing they have a good team this season. Fredericksburg(11-7) and Wimberley(10-7) out of District 28 play highly competitive schedules and both teams traditionally are playoff contenders in baseball. The Hondo Owls(14-4), Devine Warhorses(11-5), and Crystal City Javelinas(12-6) all have good records in District 29. And Finally in Region IV.....the Sinton Pirates(16-5) out of District 31 should prove to be one of the favorites to contend for the regional title. They did lose a district game this week to Ingleside(11-5), another good team in District 31.....but that happens in baseball. Rockport-Fulton(11-7) should also make the playoffs in this district. Down in District 32, there is a free-for-all going on as 5 out of the 6 teams have won at least one district game and two have won 4 out of 5 so far.....Hidalgo and Zapata. But Grulla has won 3 out of 4.....so go figure. They are all beating each other.

regaleagle
03-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Obviously.....the object is to get to the regional finals for a shot to win the region and then you get to go to the State Final Four with a 50% chance to win a one-gamer and advance to the State Championship game.....which is also a one-gamer. So the playoffs is where the action is, for sure. Four teams out of each district make the playoffs. But don't forget......in the playoffs there can be a coin flip for a one-gamer if one of the teams choose this option, but they have to win the coin flip. Otherwise it's a best of 3 series between the two teams.

regaleagle
03-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Usually pitching becomes a big deal during district play and the playoffs.....depending on a number of factors. If the team has secured a playoff berth already and can afford to give up a win with a lesser pitcher right before the playoffs begin.....then strategy comes into play on how to arrange the pitching rotation vs your upcoming opponent. Then there are some UIL rules governing days of rest and innings pitched as well. I'm not quite brushed up on the exact rules, but they could come into play for a team in the playoffs.

BTW......in baseball at EVERY level......good and timely hitting can and will overcome quality pitching. Mainly because whoever scores the most runs wins.....even if it is only one run, or in most cases one more run. An untimely error or timely base hit can be a difference maker.

regaleagle
03-24-2019, 12:51 PM
There are two polls for 4A in baseball......the one at Texas High School Baseball and THSBCA(Texas High School Baseball Coaches Assn.). The rankings change each week, but I don't agree with either of these polls or the rankings of the teams. The only time these polls seem to be valid is close to the end of district play.....and any fairweather baseball fan could do that.....LOL.

I should also mention that in baseball polls don't mean much once your team is in the playoffs.....especially in a one-gamer scenario. With 4 teams out of each district making the playoffs there will be plenty of teams with the lesser record advancing. The best overall team does not always win the region title in baseball.....just like in other sports.....but the cream does tend to rise to the top over a span of playoff games. But sometimes a highly ranked and highly favorited team to go deep in the playoffs or win their region will lose and get knocked out of the playoff picture. Then that can open up opportunities for other teams for a shot at winning the region or possibly the State Title.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Liberty Hill.....they just barely missed a State Title in basketball earlier this month......is rising to the top in Region IV with a record of (16-3-1) against a very competitive schedule. Not sure whether the Panthers have EVER won a regional title in baseball, but they certainly look like they have a good chance this season. The Fulshear Chargers(11-2) are a new school and have done nothing but win in District 25 against quality opponents. They have already won all 4 district games they have played so far, which includes a convincing win against a good Sealy Tigers(12-5) team. El Campo(12-5) is also in the same district.....all 3 teams should make the playoffs. Caldwell(15-3) in District 26 is also showing they have a good team this season. Fredericksburg(11-7) and Wimberley(10-7) out of District 28 play highly competitive schedules and both teams traditionally are playoff contenders in baseball. The Hondo Owls(14-4), Devine Warhorses(11-5), and Crystal City Javelinas(12-6) all have good records in District 29. And Finally in Region IV.....the Sinton Pirates(16-5) out of District 31 should prove to be one of the favorites to contend for the regional title. They did lose a district game this week to Ingleside(11-5), another good team in District 31.....but that happens in baseball. Rockport-Fulton(11-7) should also make the playoffs in this district. Down in District 32, there is a free-for-all going on as 5 out of the 6 teams have won at least one district game and two have won 4 out of 5 so far.....Hidalgo and Zapata. But Grulla has won 3 out of 4.....so go figure. They are all beating each other.
THSB website is not up to date on D31 here are the standings and season

Standings
Sinton 4-1, 16-5
Robstown 4-1, 7-7-2
Beeville Jones 3-2, 5-10
Ingleside 3-2, 12-7
Orange Grove 3-2, 4-6
Rockport-Fulton 2-3, 11-7
Kingsville King 1-4, 3-15-1
West Oso 0-5, 1-11

Other than Sinton losing 9-0 to Edinburg Vela other 4 loses Sinton needs to work on coming out with the win. They had #3 5a Calallen on the ropes 4-1 with bases loaded no outs and game stopped due to possible rain, resume 30 mins later and Calallen wins in extra innings 6-5. Sinton defense will have to improve on routine plays.
Robstown is young but they have played tough schedule and still shows some of the young in them in some mistakes but those kids grow up knowing baseball and will be a team to reckon with once playoff starts.
Beeville has more experience team from last season playoff run, started slow but i expect them to battle for a playoff spot. Get to see them on Tuesday.
Orange Grove hasn't been able to get many games in start of the season due to weather but they did go 3 rds last year and have a team to be one of the playoff teams.
Ingleside i picked 2nd but with the win against Sinton might still be in the hunt for top spot, they played a great game defensively against Sinton, their pitcher had only couple of strike outs so they had to field alot of balls in play and made the plays. They beat a good 5a team Tuloso Midway yesterday 2-0.
Rockport-Fulton has been off and on could be they don't have the depth in pitching. they'll battle for a spot in the playoff but will be tough to get in.

Kingsville King and West Oso will play spoiler as these will be the bottom two. West Oso was up on Robstown on friday 3-2 going to 6th before losing it 14-3 in 6 innings. Kingsville King dropped a 5-4 game to Ingleside last week.

That's D31. D32 Hidalgo record not so good but i look for them to keep getting better, Zapata is the top dog in that district before last night as Hidalgo took them down 7-0. Grulla and La Feria most likely the other two that get in with Rio Hondo outside shot at a spot.

regaleagle
03-24-2019, 08:25 PM
The updated records on THSB usually occur by Monday evening for the previous week's game results. A new weekly ranking will also appear for all classifications. Argyle won both games this week, so I expect they will stay in the top slot this week. Don't know about all the other teams, but Decatur in Argyle's district is looking very strong and I believe they won this week also. Argyle has its first district contest this Tuesday in Argyle with Decatur.....that will be a very BIG game, for sure.....the biggest of the season so far for both teams.

regaleagle
03-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Actually the big game between Decatur(17-2 now) and Argyle(18-1-1) will be played on Friday @ 7:30 in Argyle. Decatur plays Krum(5-9-1) on Tuesday and Argyle only has one game scheduled this week.....unless they picked up another game with somebody for that is not on the schedule that I'm not aware of. Sometimes coaching staffs will do that to keep the players sharp and playing regularly each week. But you usually have to find a team that also has a opening in their schedule as well in that week.

Scoop27
03-26-2019, 01:39 PM
There are quite a few odd team districts (Like 25-4A) in the state

regaleagle
03-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Decatur appears to have a good offensive team......they have scored 172 runs in 19 games and only allowed 72. That averages out to 9 runs a game scored against 3.8 given up. Argyle has scored 153 runs in 20 games so far and given up 67......so they are averaging about 7.65 runs a games and giving up 3.35.....not too much different. Of course Argyle's schedule has been much tougher, but now both teams will be facing the same teams as district play begins. All that really matters is to win as many as possible anyway......not the number of runs scored or allowed.

regaleagle
03-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Decatur defeated Krum last night.....so now they are (18-2) on the season and top-ranked Argyle is (18-1-1). Looks like the biggest game in 4A thus far in this season will be happening in Argyle Friday night......GO EAGLES!! Now we will see how those Decatur bats do against a really good defensive team with a good pitching staff. Maybe Decatur has some very good pitching also.....I suspect both coaching staffs will have their #1 and #2 pitchers ready to go in this one. NOTHING will be held back in reserve to win this game for either team. This will be only Argyle's 3rd game played at home all season......I reckon it's time to go see this one in person!

regaleagle
03-29-2019, 02:43 AM
Just discovered the big game between Argyle and Decatur will be aired by Sportsgram Friday evening at 7:30 on their website. Just click the Listen Live button if you care to tune into the action. It's also archived for listening to it later if you are busy for the Live Broadcast.

regaleagle
03-29-2019, 11:59 PM
Argyle wins 2-1 on a one-hitter by Chad Ricker of Argyle. He gave up a solo homer to Wilson Hicks w/ 2 outs in the first and that was it. Ricker had 12 strikeouts on 85 pitches with one walk in 7 innings. The Eagles matched the homer in the bottom of the first with lead-off hitter 2nd baseman Preston King to tie it, then scores another in the 2nd. Argyle strands 8 runners in scoring position in 6 innings on 4 hits with no errors.....but the pitching by Ricker was the difference in this one between two top teams in 4A out of the same district. A rematch in several weeks in Decatur will be the next tough game for Argyle. Argyle goes to (19-1-1)(1-0) while Decatur drops to (18-3)(1-1) for the season. Ricker is a UTSA commit and a senior this season. He goes to 4-0 on the season after tonight's gem. He just shut the door on this quality hitting team from Decatur.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 09:31 AM
Decatur's ace pitcher lefty Bodi Rascon pitched all 6 innings in the loss. He had previously pitched a no-hitter against ranked Stephenville with 17 K's in 7 innings on 3/22 when Stephenville was (13-1-1). Now Stephenville is (14-3-1) after dropping a game to Decatur and district foe Brownwood 7-6 last night.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 09:57 AM
Canton remained undefeated on the season(19-0)(3-0) after two district wins this week. Iowa Park(16-2)(1-0) also won again this week. FW Benbrook(15-2-1)(4-0) continued their winning streak in District 9 Region 2 this week also. Melissa (17-5)(4-0) is undefeated in District 11 play and has a very good team. The North Dallas Bulldogs out of District 12 have emerged with a good season and are now (12-3)(5-0) on their season against their schedule. Perennial baseball power Pleasant Grove(15-4)(6-0) is beginning to flex their muscle again this season in District 15. In District 16 Region 2, there is are 3 teams battling for the district title. Bullard(14-3-2)(5-0) has taken the lead, but Kilgore(13-5)(4-1) and Longview Spring Hill(13-4-1)(5-2) are still in the hunt to win the district. All three teams should make the playoffs and be very competitive in the region.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Over in Region 3, the Robinson Rockets(14-3-1)(3-0) and Lorena Leopards(14-4-2)(2-1) in District 18 are two quality teams to watch when the playoffs begin. In District 20, the Carthage Bulldogs(15-3-1)(5-0) and the Jasper Bulldogs(13-6-1)(4-1) always contend in the playoffs each season. In District 22....Little Cypress-Mauriceville(18-5-0)(5-1), Bridge City(13-6-2)(5-1), and Hardin-Jefferson(9-7)(5-1) are all tied for the District lead and all make the playoffs every year. But in District 24 is the power team of Region 3 in my personal opinion.....the Sweeny Bulldogs(14-6)(2-0). Nevermind their record for the season.....they play upper level tough teams before district begins and are the favorite to win the region again this season. Carthage and LC-M might have something to say about that as well this season.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 10:47 AM
In Region 4, the Fulshear Chargers(12-2)(5-0) have taken charge in District 25 and just keep winning. El Campo(13-5)(3-1) and Sealy(13-5)(3-1) will contend and will not go away quietly.....you can mark it down.....that's a good district! Look out for the Caldwell Hornets(17-3)(2-0) in District 26....they are having a great season. Bellville(10-6)(2-0) will give them a challenge for the district title. The Liberty Hill Panthers(18-3-1)(3-0) won two more in District 27 this week.....they have a really good team this season. Lampasas(12-10)(3-0) in the same district have some impressive wins against some good teams and have dropped some games in predistrict in a competitive full schedule of 22 games played so far. This could be a dangerous opponent for other Region 4 playoff contenders to face. Meanwhile.....over in District 28 the battle is raging every game among 4 teams. Boerne(11-12)(2-0), Llano(11-8)(2-0), Fredericksburg(12-8-2)(1-1) and Wimberley(10-8-1)(1-1) are all fighting for the district title and playoff position. Lots of baseball still to be played.....I'm certain the cream will rise.....but maybe not so fast in this district, LOL.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 11:14 AM
In District 29, the Devine Warhorses(13-5)(3-0) have taken the lead over the Hondo Owls(15-5)(2-1), but have not played them yet. Hondo dropped a district game to the Crystal City Javelinas(13-7)(2-2) last week. Cuero(11-8-1)(4-0) has taken the lead in District 30 so far. The La Vernia Bears(11-7)(3-1) and Navarro Panthers(12-8)(3-1) are definitely two teams that can give Cuero a loss. Cuero won this week against La Vernia 4-2. Hello to the Sinton Pirates(18-5)(6-1) over in District 31.....they are most definitely the power team in Region 4 this season in my personal opinion. They did drop a district game to Ingleside(13-6)(5-2) last week, but the playoffs ain't here yet so it really doesn't matter. Robstown (6-7-2)(5-2) has had a tough early season, but should still make the playoffs and cause problems for opponents. The Zapata Hawks(13-5)(6-1) won two district games this week and have taken control of District 32 over the rest. There are 4 more teams in this 8 team district with a chance not only to make the playoffs, but to still win or tie for this district championship.

regaleagle
03-30-2019, 12:43 PM
I will be updating more in all the regions as each week passes and the standings change......looks like there are plenty of very quality baseball teams in 4A this season. Not sure whether Argyle can go unscathed the whole distance like most thought, Huh? It's just highly unlikely for any team to keep winning every single game against very good competition when the playoffs begin. In some districts it's like the playoffs have begun already just in district competition.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-30-2019, 07:57 PM
In District 29, the Devine Warhorses(13-5)(3-0) have taken the lead over the Hondo Owls(15-5)(2-1), but have not played them yet. Hondo dropped a district game to the Crystal City Javelinas(13-7)(2-2) last week. Cuero(11-8-1)(4-0) has taken the lead in District 30 so far. The La Vernia Bears(11-7)(3-1) and Navarro Panthers(12-8)(3-1) are definitely two teams that can give Cuero a loss. Cuero won this week against La Vernia 4-2. Hello to the Sinton Pirates(18-5)(6-1) over in District 31.....they are most definitely the power team in Region 4 this season in my personal opinion. They did drop a district game to Ingleside(13-6)(5-2) last week, but the playoffs ain't here yet so it really doesn't matter. Robstown (6-7-2)(5-2) has had a tough early season, but should still make the playoffs and cause problems for opponents. The Zapata Hawks(13-5)(6-1) won two district games this week and have taken control of District 32 over the rest. There are 4 more teams in this 8 team district with a chance not only to make the playoffs, but to still win or tie for this district championship.

D31 standings
Sinton 6-1, 18-5
Robstown 5-2, 9-8-2
Ingleside 5-2, 15-7
Beeville Jones 4-3, 6-11
Orange Grove 4-3, 6-8
Rockport-Fulton 3-4, 12-8
Kingsville King 1-6, 3-17-1
West Oso 0-7, 1-13

regaleagle
04-03-2019, 10:42 AM
The tell-tale signs of the cream rising to the top is beginning to show itself now in district play. There will be some fights for playoff position and the district championship, but with 4 teams making the playoffs in each district there will also be quite a few surprises when the playoff matchups start to take shape. Should be a very interesting run from here on out to see how it all shakes out this season.

regaleagle
04-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Argyle is now 21-1-1 on the season after Friday night's 20-2 district win over Springtown. Midlothian Heritage(17-4 now) was scheduled with Argyle for a nondistrict game today on Saturday at high noon in Argyle. With all the thunderstorms across the Metroplex and lightning, I seriously doubt this game will be played. It's somewhat calm but wet here at 10:30 am after some good rain and lightning has subsided and passed thru. This would have been a worthy test out of district for both teams, but I think the incidence of further rain and lightning will cause this game to be cancelled. Heritage won a district game against Venus last night 12-2.

regaleagle
04-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Maybe a nondistrict game between Springtown and Venus would have also been a good test for those teams today, Huh?

regaleagle
04-07-2019, 02:13 PM
After Saturday's rain-out in a nondistrict contest between Argyle and Heritage, the Eagles still have 9 games left to play in the regular season. Six of those games are in district play, so the last week in April will conclude the regular season. Still plenty of games left in district play for many teams to position themselves for the playoffs. Here's my top teams for each region as follows:
REGION I: Argyle(21-1-1)(3-0); Iowa Park(18-2)(3-0); Decatur(21-3)(2-1); Pampa(15-3)(5-0); Stephenville(16-4-1)(2-1); Graham(16-7-2)(4-0); Pecos(15-7)(5-0);Canyon(12-9-1)(5-1); Glen Rose(14-7)(2-1).
REGION II: Canton(22-0)(5-0); Pleasant Grove(16-4)(6-0); Bullard(16-3-2)(7-0); Kilgore(15-5)(6-1); Benbrook(15-3-2)(4-1); Melissa(17-6)(4-1); Crandall(16-9)(6-2); North Dallas(13-3)(5-0); Brownsboro(18-2-1)(3-2); Spring Hill(14-5-1)(5-2); Sunnyvale(12-3-2)(6-2).

regaleagle
04-07-2019, 03:37 PM
REGION III: Carthage(17-3-1)(7-0); Sweeny(16-6)(3-0); Robinson(16-3-1)(5-0); Lorena(16-4-2)(4-1); Midlothian Heritage(17-4)(5-1); Hillsboro(13-7)(6-0); Rusk(15-7)(4-0); Bridge City(16-6-2)(7-1); Jasper(14-7-1)(5-2); Little Cypress-Mauriceville(18-7)(5-2); Hardin-Jefferson(12-8)(7-1).
REGION IV: Sinton(21-5)(8-1); Liberty Hill(20-3-1)(5-0); Fulshear(15-3)(7-0); Sealy(15-5)(5-1); Bellville(13-6)(5-0); El Campo(15-6)(5-2); Caldwell(19-4)(4-1); Cuero(13-8-1)(5-0); Wimberley(12-8-1)(3-1); Zapata(15-6)(8-1); Llano(12-9)(3-1); Ingleside(15-7)(6-3); La Grange(11-8-1)(3-2); Lampassas(14-10)(5-0)......I could list at least 5 more teams in this region it's so wacky.....LOL. Very competitive in Region IV.....the playoffs will be very interesting.

regaleagle
04-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Still to early IMO to conclude anything concrete about any of these regions. Let's just say it will be wide-open sledding with one-gamers spread thruout for this season's playoff picture in Class 4A Baseball. Heck.....there are plenty of other teams not even listed above that will make the playoffs and could surprise.

regaleagle
04-07-2019, 10:38 PM
To be perfectly honest.....I have no idea which teams will end up rising to the top for the regional finals. There are so many teams that are totally capable of winning....especially these one-gamers if they win the coin flip. Just get to that regional final and you have a real chance(50-50) to go to the State Final Four.....which are one-gamers. Anything can happen.....and there's no crying in baseball.....LOL.

regaleagle
04-07-2019, 10:46 PM
I will admit that what Argyle did last year is just unheard of in baseball and will not be repeated this season(by Argyle). Maybe Lake Travis will do it....or AMG in Florida. Highly doubtful though.....it's baseball, for heaven's sakes!!! You know what that means....right??? Just one game, Baby......just win the big one against your toughest opponent at that time and advance. Everybody has a real chance.....don't ever give up! Just play to the final out and see what happens.

regaleagle
04-08-2019, 09:30 PM
New Top Twenty Five this week in Texas High School Baseball......Fulshear(15-3)(7-0) was left out. Yet district mate Sealy(15-5)(5-1) dropped their district contest to Fulshear already.....and they are ranked #12. Don't know how you calculate that.....somebody missed the boat. They did include most of the rest of the teams I felt deserved to be rated, but had Sinton way too low IMHO. But it's still early......another two weeks should straighten things out considerably.

regaleagle
04-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Lake Travis(22-1)(10-1) finally lost a game last week.....to none other than the team with the worst record in their 9-team district....Austin Aikens(5-21)(2-9). They lost 9-5 and they were 2nd-ranked nationally before the loss. This is what can happen in baseball in any given contest....regardless of the record of your opponent. Looks like IMG in Florida dropped a game last week also and dropped down to #2. Now Colleyville Heritage(previously ranked #3) has the top spot in the MaxPreps Excellent 25. Argyle moved up to #3 and Lake Travis dropped to #6. So Yeah.....Texas has 3 teams in the top 6 spots.....but last week and weeks before they had 3 teams in the top 5 spots. Houston Cypress Ranch(22-2-1) holds the 7th spot and Georgetown(23-2-1) is ranked 8th. So that's 5 spots in the Top Ten in Maxpreps Excellent 25 national baseball rankings this week.

regaleagle
04-15-2019, 11:37 PM
Argyle(23-1-1) plays Decatur(22-4) Tues. night @ 7:30 in Decatur in a rematch of two top-ranked teams in 4A from the same district. Last time these teams met(in Argyle), Argyle won 2-1 on a one-hitter. Decatur ace Bodi Rascon gave up just 3 hits and 2 runs in 5.66 innings. Both pitchers gave up a first inning solo homer. Decatur has scored 210 runs this season in 26 games while allowing only 80 against their opponents. Argyle has scored 205 runs in 25 games while allowing 73 against their schedule. I would say this matchup appears to be about as even as two teams in the same district could possibly get.....considering both are toptier type teams in 4A this season. You can be certain both coaches will be pitching their aces again in this one......both teams are determined to win this final meeting between them in district play. Only Southlake Carroll has been able to notch a win this season against the nationally-ranked Argyle Eagles this season, but Decatur has come as close as any team in giving Argyle all they can handle. Argyle's schedule has been much tougher than Decatur's this season, but apparently Decatur could have enjoyed similar success playing Argyle's schedule.....because this season's Decatur Eagles are very, very good too! Should be an excellent and very exciting ballgame tomorrow night in Decatur.....I'm sure there will be plenty in attendance from both schools for this one. Argyle will be tested again for sure......and so will Decatur. I'm curious to see how each team hits this time around against the other team's ace. In the first meeting it was a pitching duel with only 4 hits in the entire game. Both teams have good depth at pitching and both teams are very offensive at the plate. Somehow I get the feeling the hitting will improve on both sides tomorrow night.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 12:29 AM
Canton(24-0)(7-0) remained undefeated by winning two district games last week.....they have stayed in the #2 spot behind Argyle for most of the season. Pleasant Grove(17-4)(7-0) has moved up to #3 this week and I cannot disagree with this ranking.....they are loaded and lost very little from last season's 26-5 team that dropped two to Argyle in the Regional Semis. This season Argyle was moved to Region I and PG remains in Region II. Canton is in Region II also. Carthage(19-3-1)(8-0) in Region III moved up to #4 this week with their perfect play in District 20. Iowa Park(20-2)(5-0), another Region I team in District 6, rounds out the Top 5 in 4A this week. Here's the list of the rest of the Top 25 by THSB this week:
6.Sweeny(18-6) 7.Midlothian Heritage(19-4) 8.Sunnyvale(13-3-2) 9.Liberty Hill(22-3-1) 10.Robinson(17-4-1) 11.Decatur(22-4). 12.Sealy(17-5) 13.Kilgore(17-5) 14.Crandall(17-9) 15.Lorena(17-5-2) 16.Little Cypress-Mauriceville(19-7) 17.Sinton(23-5) 18.Lufkin Hudson(17-8) 19.Stephenville(17-5-1) 20.Benbrook(16-3-2) 21.Bridge City(16-6-2) 22. Bullard(16-5-2) 23.Jasper(15-8-1) 24.Hondo(18-5) 25.Pampa(15-3-1).

It appears Fulshear(17-3-1)(9-0) was again left out of the Top Twenty Five this week when district mate Sealy is ranked at #12 with a loss to Fulshear. Maybe for some reason a first year school does not qualify in baseball? All Fulshear has done is win.....can't fault them for that. As you can see......the rankings and records don't exactly line-up because most of this ranking stuff is based on strength of schedule, returning starters, and previous year's success. It seems that there are more very solid quality teams in Class 4A this year than perhaps years past......so some teams with excellent seasons were left out of the Top 25 because there are simply more good teams than spots available.

Slyone
04-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Canton(24-0)(7-0) remained undefeated by winning two district games last week.....they have stayed in the #2 spot behind Argyle for most of the season. Pleasant Grove(17-4)(7-0) has moved up to #3 this week and I cannot disagree with this ranking.....they are loaded and lost very little from last season's 26-5 team that dropped two to Argyle in the Regional Semis. This season Argyle was moved to Region I and PG remains in Region II. Canton is in Region II also. Carthage(19-3-1)(8-0) in Region III moved up to #4 this week with their perfect play in District 20. Iowa Park(20-2)(5-0), another Region I team in District 6, rounds out the Top 5 in 4A this week. Here's the list of the rest of the Top 25 by THSB this week:
6.Sweeny(18-6) 7.Midlothian Heritage(19-4) 8.Sunnyvale(13-3-2) 9.Liberty Hill(22-3-1) 10.Robinson(17-4-1) 11.Decatur(22-4). 12.Sealy(17-5) 13.Kilgore(17-5) 14.Crandall(17-9) 15.Lorena(17-5-2) 16.Little Cypress-Mauriceville(19-7) 17.Sinton(23-5) 18.Lufkin Hudson(17-8) 19.Stephenville(17-5-1) 20.Benbrook(16-3-2) 21.Bridge City(16-6-2) 22. Bullard(16-5-2) 23.Jasper(15-8-1) 24.Hondo(18-5) 25.Pampa(15-3-1).

It appears Fulshear(17-3-1)(9-0) was again left out of the Top Twenty Five this week when district mate Sealy is ranked at #12 with a loss to Fulshear. Maybe for some reason a first year school does not qualify in baseball? All Fulshear has done is win.....can't fault them for that. As you can see......the rankings and records don't exactly line-up because most of this ranking stuff is based on strength of schedule, returning starters, and previous year's success. It seems that there are more very solid quality teams in Class 4A this year than perhaps years past......so some teams with excellent seasons were left out of the Top 25 because there are simply more good teams than spots available.

Fulshear is very good. They have a lefthanded pitcher that is very tough. Their catcher is really, really good. They are a solid team. Should be state ranked no doubt

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Decatur's ace Bodi Rascon will be pitching tonight against Argyle......he was gunned by radar at 93 mph on his fastball by a plethora of scouts last game in Argyle. He's a lefty and can certainly hum it.....also very accurate on the corners. Chad Ricker will be on the mound for Argyle tonight. He threw a one-hitter last time against Decatur.....allowing a homer to the 3rd batter after striking out the first two. Ricker shut them down from there.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 07:58 PM
Rascon generally has lots of strikeouts when he pitches for Decatur. Not sure what his ERA is......but I'm certain it is very low with all the strikeouts he's recorded this season.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:01 PM
In the battle of the Eagles in District 8 tonite.....it's all tied 0-0 after two innings are complete. Looks like another pitching duel may occur again in this game like in Argyle. Same pitchers as last time.....so a true rematch tonite in Decatur.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:15 PM
At the end of the 3rd in Decatur......no scoring yet.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Decatur ends the Top of the 4th with a fine double play with the bases loaded. Argyle did get one run across for the first score of the game. Decatur coming to bat now.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:37 PM
End of 4

Argyle 1
Decatur 0

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Lots of wind coming in from the outfield tonight.....a pitcher's park tonight for sure. Preston King doubles with Merka on 2nd after a base hit and stolen base.....with 2 outs in the Top half of the 5th for Argyle. Now King is on 2nd with two outs, but Rascon gets the called strikeout.

Through 5 1/2
Argyle 2
Decatur 0

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Three up-three down for Ricker and the Argyle Eagles thru five innings. Argyle coming to bat in the top of the 6th now.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:56 PM
Brendan Dixon leads off with a hard shot single to left field. Ricker up now for Argyle......he had a single last time up. Liner to shortstop and it's snared chest-high. One out now.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 08:59 PM
Clearman draws a walk from Rascon.....Dixon on 2nd and Clearman on first with one out now. Now Austin King is hit by the first pitch by Rascon to load the bases.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Gonzo up at bat now with one out and the bases loaded for Argyle.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Ground ball up the middle hit hard, but another fine double play by the shortstop to end the threat w/ the bases loaded again.....just like last inning. Still 2-0 Argyle.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Ricker still on the mound here in the top of the 6th. Chapman the catcher up for Decatur to start the at bat. Full count now. Chapman draws a walk to start the bottom of the 6th.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:05 PM
Argyle gets a 4-6-3 double play on the grounder by Wilson.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Pop up to first baseman Van Poppel in the coaching box for the 3rd out.

End of 6

Argyle 2
Decatur 0

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:08 PM
3rd baseman Cade Merka pops out to 2nd baseman deep for the first out.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Bo Hogeboom up now......ground ball to shortstop for a smooth out. 2 up 2 down in the top of the 7th with Argyle batting.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Preston King up now.....he had an RBI double last time up.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Ground ball to 3rd but the throw is hurried to get King and it's low in the dirt. Dillon Carter up now for Argyle with 2 outs and a runner on first. King steals 2nd.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Fly ball straight away to center field, but Beau Bedford is under it for the final out. Argyle strands a runner on 2nd and goes to the bottom of the 7th.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Ricker still in the game here in the bottom of the 7th and will face Bedford to lead off for Decatur.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Ricker gets another strikeout. Now Jackson up for Decatur. Called strike 3 at the knees. 2 outs now for Argyle and 7 strikeouts for Ricker.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Fletcher up for Decatur now.....Ricker needs one more out.

regaleagle
04-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Strike three swinging as Ricker strikes out the side in the bottom of the 7th. Argyle goes to 24-1-1 on the season and 5-0 in district play. Decatur drops to 22-5 and 3-3 in district play.....they lost last week to Krum 2-0. Ricker goes 5-0 on the season.....7 innings on 2 hits and 8 Ks tonight. Rascon gave up 4 hits but a few walks and one hit batter while also striking out 8 Argyle batters.

Argyle 2
Decatur 0

Final

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 09:16 AM
Argyle(25-1-1)(6-0) has clinched the district title in baseball with the win over Bridgeport Thurs. night 7-3. The Eagles have a formidable opponent on Saturday at 2 pm in Argyle as they take on the 6A South Grand Prairie Warriors(17-9)(9-3). The Warriors are tied for the district lead with Mansfield Lake Ridge. According to some team members for Argyle, they feel they have not yet begun hitting on all cylinders as a team. The individual performances have carried them this far, but total team play is still a missing ingredient they are working toward for the playoffs. Good defense has been a bright spot, but offensive production with runners in scoring position and timely hitting has been disappointing lately. When the playoffs begin, Argyle will most likely face some one-gamers and the ace of the pitching staff of their opponents. They will have to be more consistent at the plate to keep winning and advancing to the next round. There are some very good pitchers in Region I this season.....just depends on the schedule and how everything shakes out among all the playoff teams. Argyle is the favorite to win the region, but in the playoffs one bad game or one mistake can knock you out.....especially in a one-gamer scenario.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Actually.....it appears there will be a double-header played between Argyle and South Grand Prairie on Saturday in Argyle. They have missed 3 games on their regular season schedule due to weather cancellations. These two games today and two district contests next week will round out their regular season schedule at 31 games played before the playoffs begin.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Looks like the Sinton Pirates(24-6)(11-2) have played the most games this year and have two more district games scheduled next week. That will bring their regular season total to 32 games.....one more than Argyle. There are many teams that will finish the regular season with 30 games played.....we had some bad weather cancellations this season. Lots of parity now in 4A baseball with scheduling of games......I think 30 games helps those programs a great deal before the playoffs begin.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 11:37 AM
In 2014, Argyle played a season total of 42 games.....going 32-10 and losing to College Station in the State Championship game 5-2. That season was the only time Argyle has ever played more than 38 total games in a season.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Depending on the coin flips in the playoffs and your regular season schedule.....it is possible to play best of 3 series many times in the playoffs as you advance all the way to the regional finals. The State Semifinal and State Championship games are one-gamers. That's what happened to Argyle in 2014.....lots of best of 3 series were played and won by Argyle in route to the championship game. They went(22-7)(8-0) during the regular season for a total of 29 games. Then in the playoffs they went (10-3) for a total of 13 games played.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 11:53 AM
So as you can see from the example above......Argyle was a district winner with a record of 22-7 in the regular season, but went all the way to the State Championship game in 2014 before losing the final. They did lose 3 games in the playoffs.....the last one and 2 more but still advanced to the next round.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 12:03 PM
The playoffs begin a new season and nothing is a given....especially in one-gamer scenarios. But then there is the coin flip if requested.....and then it depends on who wins that coin flip. There's a lot of variables involved in baseball in the playoff picture to determine how far any team might go.....scheduling, coin flips, pitcher rotations, depth of pitching in a single game, defense and errors, timely hits, bad calls in crucial plate appearances.....just lots of stuff. You just never know.....so you play hard to the last out.....always!! Crazy things can happen at anytime to give a team another chance.....and sometimes that chance is all that was needed to advance.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-20-2019, 03:10 PM
Looks like the Sinton Pirates(24-6)(11-2) have played the most games this year and have two more district games scheduled next week. That will bring their regular season total to 32 games.....one more than Argyle. There are many teams that will finish the regular season with 30 games played.....we had some bad weather cancellations this season. Lots of parity now in 4A baseball with scheduling of games......I think 30 games helps those programs a great deal before the playoffs begin.
1 more district game and a warmup game against Bishop next Saturday. Tuesday wraps up district play in D31. Rockport Fulton at Robstown for last open slot for the playoffs. Robstown wins their in if they lose they'll play a play in game with Rockport and that would be for the 4th seed. Robstown can still finish tied for 2nd or 3rd with a win but will need Ingleside and /or Beeville to lose. Beeville and Ingleside tied for 2nd.

regaleagle
04-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Argyle played a couple of close and tough ones today against South Grand Prairie. They won the first game in the bottom of the 9th 5-4 with back to back doubles. In the 2nd game of the double header, Argyle won 9-7. Probably a good matchup late in the season for the Eagles before the playoffs get here.....forced them out of their comfort zone and required the players to focus and fight back. They were down 4-1 thru 4 1/2 innings in the first game, but came back to tie it and finally to win it. Not sure how the 2nd game went.....just the final score. Argyle now stands at (27-1-1)(6-0) on the season with 2 district games left against Springtown on Tues. and Krum on Friday.

regaleagle
04-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Well....here we are in the final week of the regular season in Class 4A baseball and very few surprises have surfaced. Looks like Argyle(27-1-1) is still #1 Ranked in Texas, #1 in Class 4A, and #2 in Maxpreps Excellent 25 nationally this week. Canton(26-0) has remained undefeated and in the #2 spot all season behind Argyle. Texarkana Pleasant Grove(20-4) is a perennial Region 2 and State Contender at the #3 slot.....maybe they should be #2 ahead of Canton??? They are very good and brought back just about everybody from last season. Their 4 losses were against quality opponents early. I'm not certain how good Liberty Hill(24-3-1) really is ranked #8.....their losses occurred early against good teams. I do know and respect how good #11 Decatur(22-5) is.....two of their losses came against Argyle 2-1 and 2-0. Iowa Park(22-2) at #4 appears to be a very good team also.....but we really don't know for certain. They are in Region 1 with Argyle and Decautur. One of their losses occurred early against Levelland and the other against Argyle. Rankings 5-10 are all interchangeable in my estimation: 5. Sweeny(19-6) 6. Carthage(19-4-1) 7. Midlothian Heritage(21-4) 8. Liberty Hill(24-3-1) 9. Robinson(19-4-1) 10. Kilgore(19-5). I'm still thinking Fulshear(19-3-1) should be ranked higher than #25. Sinton(24-6) at #21 seems a little low to me also, but there are just so many teams this season with very good records. Hondo(20-5) is ranked #24 while Sunnyvale(15-4-2) is at #13....that seems off-kilter. Crandall(19-9) is #12....not sure about that one. I really like #14 Lorena(19-5-2) this season....they played a very tough schedule. Here's another good team I like.....#17 Benbrook(18-3-2). #15 Lufkin Hudson(19-8), #16 Bridge City(19-6-2), #18 Little Cypress-Mauriceville(19-8), and #19 Bullard(18-5-2) all look to be able to give any team trouble.....I call these teams very dangerous opponents. #22 Stephenville(18-6-1)is most probably better than their record and season has gone so far.....same as #20 Sealy(17-7). Not sure about #23 Jasper(16-8-1).....I'm sure some other non-ranked teams like Melissa(19-9), North Dallas(18-4)(9-0), and Brownsboro(21-3-1) would have good arguments. Somebody good always gets left out of the rankings.....and then there are good teams with questionable-looking records that will surprise in the playoffs.

regaleagle
04-23-2019, 11:38 AM
This week's Maxpreps Excellent 25 had some serious changes also. IMG Academy of Bradenton Fla.(19-1) jumped back up from #2 to #1 with Colleyvillle Heritage(26-2) losing a game this week. Argyle(27-1-1) moved up a spot to #2, Houston Cypress Ranch(25-2-1) moved up from #6 to #3, Georgetown(28-2-1) moved up to #4 from #7, Colleyville Heritage fell to #5, and Lake Travis(25-2) moved up to #6 from #10. How about them Texas apples, Huh? The only other Texas team in this week's Excellent 25 is Prosper(26-4) at #23. So that's 5 Texas teams in the Top 6 positions ranked nationally and one more Texas team in the Top 25......no other state can come close. But still lots of baseball left to play before the final season ends. Argyle did not move into the top spot last season until they won the State Championship and went undefeated on the season(37-0).....so the rankings will continue to move and change weekly until the Fat Lady Sings.

regaleagle
04-23-2019, 12:26 PM
In Region 4.....Caldwell(22-4) didn't make this week's Top 25 rankings in THSB....can you believe that??? Bellville(16-7) is in the same district and must also be mentioned.....they gave Caldwell their only loss in District 26 this season.

Scoop27
04-23-2019, 12:48 PM
Fulshear (25-4A) leader at 11-0 hosts El Campo (7-3) tonight Should be a g ood game. Fulshear has great pitching and defense

regaleagle
04-24-2019, 11:06 PM
As of this week, Argyle has now climbed into the top spot and now ranks #1 in Collegiate Baseball's National High School Poll. The Eagles were also voted #1 this week by the NHSBCA(National High School Baseball Coaches Assn) in their weekly Top 30 National Poll. That's some pretty high cotton for little ol' Argyle. But they have played and won against some very highly ranked 6A and 5A teams in Texas this season. It's just very difficult to keep winning no matter how much talent your team has.....we saw that happen with top-ranked Lake Travis and IMG Academy.

regaleagle
04-24-2019, 11:18 PM
The Eagles have now lost one game and tied one game in the last 66 games they've played dating back to the start of the season last year. If you go back another year to 2017, Argyle's record is 89-4-2 in the past 95 games they've played.....that's a 95.6% winning percentage over that span.

d0tc0m
04-25-2019, 07:48 AM
As of this week, Argyle has now climbed into the top spot and now ranks #1 in Collegiate Baseball's National High School Poll. The Eagles were also voted #1 this week by the NHSBCA(National High School Baseball Coaches Assn) in their weekly Top 30 National Poll. That's some pretty high cotton for little ol' Argyle. But they have played and won against some very highly ranked 6A and 5A teams in Texas this season. It's just very difficult to keep winning no matter how much talent your team has.....we saw that happen with top-ranked Lake Travis and IMG Academy.

The Eagles have now lost one game and tied one game in the last 66 games they've played dating back to the start of the season last year. If you go back another year to 2017, Argyle's record is 89-4-2 in the past 95 games they've played.....that's a 95.6% winning percentage over that span.

This is crazy stuff. This is a once-ever type of team Argyle has. Good for the Eagles! Enjoy the run, because things like this — in baseball, at least — aren't supposed to happen!

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 09:45 AM
This is crazy stuff. This is a once-ever type of team Argyle has. Good for the Eagles! Enjoy the run, because things like this — in baseball, at least — aren't supposed to happen!

What is even crazier is the fact that Argyle is scheduling predistrict games with any 5A and 6A opponents and taking invitations to tournaments in higher classifications.....and winning!!! They won this season's Highland Park tournament.....one of the premier tournaments in the nation that included some of the best teams in Texas. Maybe they will be invited next season to one of the top national tournaments among all the perennial top national teams. Their record over the past 7 yrs is also astounding.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Here's Argyle's record in baseball dating back to 2010 according to MaxPreps. I'm fairly certain it is correct.....I cross-checked it.
2010: (23-6)(9-0) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in 2 games. Pleasant Grove won State
2011: (22-12-2)(6-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in 3 games. Pleasant Grove lost to Robinson in the State Semifinal game.
2012: (22-8)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Prosper in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Prosper lost to eventual State Champ Pleasant Grove in Region 2 finals.
2013: (26-4)(8-1) District Champ. Lost to Melissa in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Melissa lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Final. PG lost to State Champ La Grange in SC Final.
2014: (32-10)(8-0) District Champ. Defeated Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis in 3 games. Defeated Paris N. Lamar in Region 2 Finals in 2 games. Defeated Sinton in State Semifinal. Lost to College Station in State Final.
2015: (30-7)(10-0) District Champ. Defeated Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Defeated Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal. Defeated W0-S in State Final. State Champ.
2016: (28-6)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in one-gamer. PG lost to eventual State Champ Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal game.
2017: (25-3-2-1)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis. PG lost to eventual State Champ Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal game. Wylie wins back-back State Championships and goes (69-4) in those two years. Wylie moves up to Class 5A in 2018.
2018: (37-0)(10-0) District Champ. Defeated PG in Region 2 Semifinal in one gamer. Defeated Kilgore in Region 2 Final in 2 games. Defeated Jasper in State Semifinal. Defeated Sweeny in State Championship game. National #1 ranked team in 4 out of 5 national high school baseball polls at end of season.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:32 AM
As you can see from above.....Texarkana Pleasant Grove is a perennial contender each year to win Region 2 and also a multiple State Finalist like Argyle. This season Argyle is in Region 1 and Pleasant Grove remains in Region 2. Sinton, Robinson, and Sweeny are also recent State Finalists that have very good teams this year.....among many other quality contenders. Perhaps there will be a new State Champion crowned this season that has never been to dance before, Huh? Like Liberty Hill or Decatur or Iowa Park or Carthage, or Kilgore or you pick the team.....besides Argyle, LOL. :tisk::stirpot::1popcorn:

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Just remember......there's no crying in baseball. :bigcry:

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:48 AM
There's lots of competition within each region this season.....soooo many good teams out there that could win their region and go to the Semis with a 50/50 chance to win it all. Actually it's a 50/50 chance in the Semifinal game, and then another 50/50 chance if you make it to the SC final game. So if your team makes it to the State Semis.....there's a good chance your team can win the State Championship trophy. Both games are one gamers.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Not sure I agree with one gamers for the Semis and Final.....I think depth of pitching and all other variables should be included in a 3 game series. But most states have single games for their State Championship. I think it's just weird to have coin flips to determine best of 3 series or a one gamer for all the other playoff matchups and not have at least a coin flip for the Semis and Finals. I think the UIL should consider this option to keep things consistent. One or two more games in each Semi matchup and then the Final would add even more dynamics and consistency to the entire season and the crowning of the eventual State Championship team.....fair and square with coin flips included.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Most 3 game series that late in the season(summer after the school year has ended) could include a double-header one the first gameday matchup if needed. Then the 3rd deciding game the next day, if needed. IF the other Semifinal matchup does not have a 3 game series....that winner could possibly get a day's rest. Big deal.....that's how the cookie crumbles. I still think it would be a better way to crown a champion. OR.....just make both Semis best of 3 series with double headers on Day One without a coin flip for a one gamer. One Semi winner COULD still get a day's rest if the other matchup extended to a 3rd game the next day. I can see how 3 or 4 days could be required to crown a State Champion in this type of format for the Championship. The way it is now......only 2 days are required to crown a State Champion.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Two separate venues would be required and the Semifinal games would be played at the same time in each different venue.....so the fans could not watch each game and attend each game if there were a double header in each Semifinal game.....UNLESS one Semifinal was scheduled early morning, the next semifinal after that, then the 2nd games of each matchup later that day.....all at one venue for a whole day's worth of 4 games played....two double headers. Then the next day a 3rd game for each Semi could be played, if needed. If one and not the other.....the Final series could start immediately afterwards. If both have 3rd games.....the first game of the Finals series could ensue afterwards on Day 2. On Day 3 a State Champion would be crowned. So you could in essence schedule the State Semis and Finals for 3 days only instead of two.....weather-permitting.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 12:42 PM
Not sure about the UIL rules regarding pitchers and innings pitched or total pitches thrown or day's rest in between.....that is a rule for the UIL and baseball officials to determine to protect the arms of these young hurlers. Absolutely there should be rules in place in ALL 3 game series for this situation. But in the Semis and Finals.....the winners of the Semis could possibly play a minimum of 4 games in 2-day stretch or even the maximum of 6 games in 3 days.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 12:53 PM
In the playoffs.....if there is a 3-game series where a 3rd deciding game is played.....it usually happens the very next day.....weather-permitting. The teams that advance have days rest until the next round of playoffs the following week. So the pitching rules are not critical....except within a 2 or 3-game series. This is where pitching depth comes into play and why some teams opt for a one-gamer if they choose a coin flip and win the flip.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Sometimes a team might have 2 really good pitchers but don't have the winning record of their opponent.....but might choose to play a 3-game series anyway because they feel they have a better chance in a best of 3 series with their two good pitchers than they would have in a one-gamer against a better hitting team. This is also a consideration against good offensive opponents that may not have pitching depth but has a really good offense and a better winning record on the season. Won/Loss records on the season can be misleading in baseball.....it just depends on who your opponent scheduled and how improved that team has become thru the season.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Here's some of Argyle's commits to D-1 schools and their positions:
Brendan Dixon: Sr/6-0/185/SS/TEXAS
Dillon Carter: Sr/6-0/190/CF;RHP/TEXAS TECH
Hayden Clearman: Sr/5-10/170/RF;LHP/ABILENE CHRISTIAN
Preston King: Sr/5-10/170/2B;SS/UT Rio Grande Valley(WAC)
Austin King: Sr/5-10/170/C;OF/UT Rio Grande Valley(WAC)
Chad Ricker: Sr/6-0/190/RHP;Utility anywhere/UTSA
Sean Bolin: Sr/6-3/200/RHP/UTAH
Cade Merka: Jr/6-0/175/3B;RHP/TEXAS A&M
Alex Gonzales: Jr/5-10/180/LF;RHP/BAYLOR
Bo Hogeboom: Jr/5-11/190/1B;C;RHP/HOUSTON
Tate Van Poppel: Jr/6-0/200/RHP;1B/Uncommitted

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Here's Argyle's record in baseball dating back to 2010 according to MaxPreps. I'm fairly certain it is correct.....I cross-checked it.
2010: (23-6)(9-0) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in 2 games. Pleasant Grove won State
2011: (22-12-2)(6-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in 3 games. Pleasant Grove lost to Robinson in the State Semifinal game.
2012: (22-8)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Prosper in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Prosper lost to eventual State Champ Pleasant Grove in Region 2 finals.
2013: (26-4)(8-1) District Champ. Lost to Melissa in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Melissa lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Final. PG lost to State Champ La Grange in SC Final.
2014: (32-10)(8-0) District Champ. Defeated Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis in 3 games. Defeated Paris N. Lamar in Region 2 Finals in 2 games. Defeated Sinton in State Semifinal. Lost to College Station in State Final.
2015: (30-7)(10-0) District Champ. Defeated Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis in 2 games. Defeated Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal. Defeated W0-S in State Final. State Champ.
2016: (28-6)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Finals in one-gamer. PG lost to eventual State Champ Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal game.
2017: (25-3-2-1)(9-1) District Champ. Lost to Pleasant Grove in Region 2 Semis. PG lost to eventual State Champ Abilene Wylie in State Semifinal game. Wylie wins back-back State Championships and goes (69-4) in those two years. Wylie moves up to Class 5A in 2018.
2018: (37-0)(10-0) District Champ. Defeated PG in Region 2 Semifinal in one gamer. Defeated Kilgore in Region 2 Final in 2 games. Defeated Jasper in State Semifinal. Defeated Sweeny in State Championship game. National #1 ranked team in 4 out of 5 national high school baseball polls at end of season.

Not counting this 2019 season.....here's the record for the past 9 seasons for Argyle: (245-56-4)(78-5). That's 305 games in 9 seasons/33.88 games per season. Five losses in District play in 9 seasons....winning district every season in different districts and different classifications. That's a 81.4% season winning percentage playing an "up" schedule over a long span of building a baseball program from scratch since 2006. There were good seasons prior to 2010.....I just didn't list them. Every single season has been a winning season since Argyle established its baseball program in 2006.....by at least 5 games per season.

In those first 4 yrs.....Argyle did win district in 2008(9-1). That was its 3rd season as a program in baseball.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 10:43 PM
Obviously, this 2019 season will only add to these totals and raise the winning percentage. Also another district title this season as well.....10 in the past 10 seasons. Argyle is working toward another State Championship and another National Championship this season from last year's phenomenal undefeated season. It's a fun time to be an Argyllian!! But Woe to the fairweather fan and to all of the Argyle faithful....including the players and coaching staff!! Anything can happen in baseball at anytime to end a great season in its tracks....and quickly!! :doh::1omg!:: :thmbdwn:

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:02 PM
I wish I could capture Pleasant Grove's stats and seasons in the past 10 seasons, but they are not accurately recorded on MaxPreps just like many other schools. I guess the coaching staff or some appointed scorers/boosters are responsible for reporting the results of each game played thru each season. Apparently Argyle has had that situation covered in most of its athletic program thru the years. They don't always report the stats of each game, or every sport.....but at least in baseball, basketball, football, and volleyball for sure. I think they do a good job covering all sports and the Ladies sports now as well.....even in softball, soccer, track, and golf.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:08 PM
In my opinion.....some teams do not report game results, stats, and season records by design.....just to keep that information less available to opponents. I don't believe in this sort of secrecy. If a team needs or wants information about an upcoming opponent, I think they can gain access to it.....one way or another. Some teams don't even list complete rosters.....especially in football.....again by design. Ridiculous in this day and age! I don't think it's fair to the players and team members that devote so much time and effort to those pursuits.....or to the families of those athletes and the fans.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:23 PM
To take this issue a step further.....I believe in this sort of tracking and support for the student athletes and the school as a whole. I think it promotes a positive image for the school, for the student athletes, for the coaches, for the student body and local fanbase. I believe it also instills a positive image for greater participation for those students that may need a little prodding to participate....to give something a "try". A little internal competition is never a bad thing to prepare for life's challenges. Besides.....you just never know who or where a pearl in the natural may be lurking.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:34 PM
In the final analysis.....greater participation by the students in all extra-curricular activities will also improve the athletic programs at the school.....I think this point not debatable. Improved participation levels in all athletic programs will also improve coaching staffs, school support systems, fanbases, and create other positives within the school curriculum for both students and teachers. With this model we can see how important athletic programs can be for overall quality of the high school experience in preparing these students for a better and more successful future after high school.

regaleagle
04-25-2019, 11:56 PM
Meanwhile.....back at the ranch, it's never over until it's over. And when the season does end for a team.....everybody involved still won something and gained something.....even if the team never won a single game. Of course.....that is a rarity but does happen....even in Texas!! Hopefully.....in this kind of scenario those involved still gained from the experience.....even though the wins did not materialize in that year. Or if the wins did not measure up to what those involved felt it should have. Tomorrow is another day and life is not always a walk thru the park. But you can't dispute the validity of the experiences gained and the pursuit of excellence.....or the memories to reflect back on later in life.

regaleagle
04-26-2019, 12:22 AM
BTW.....Argyle did win tonight against Springtown 11-1 in 5 innings. It was Senior Night in Argyle and EVERYBODY played! The game was postponed yesterday for today because of storms. Argyle will end its regular season on Friday against Krum in Krum. Krum in not a krummy team.....they are in 2nd place behind Argyle and defeated Decatur last week. But I do think it was an anomaly for Decatur......they are most definitely a far better team. But it's baseball and anything can happen at anytime!!

regaleagle
04-26-2019, 12:27 AM
I totally expect Decatur to win against Bridgeport tonight and then Springtown on Friday to secure the 2nd place seed in District 8.

Looks like Decatur did win tonight against Bridgeport 14-6.....no big surprise there!

regaleagle
04-27-2019, 04:19 PM
Argyle defeated Krum 9-0 to end its regular season(29-1-1)(8-0). Up next for the Eagles will be the Stephenville Yellowjackets(18-7-1) on Thurs.@ 7:30 at Brook Hill School baseball field. Looks like a best of three series upcoming.....good luck to both teams.

regaleagle
04-27-2019, 10:50 PM
I guess MaxPreps and others had the game location wrong.....it's not Brook Hill but Brock High School baseball field. I was wondering about that....Brook Hill is in Bullard.

regaleagle
04-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Canton won two more this week and ends its regular season undefeated(29-0)(10-0). The Eagles will get an easy draw against the Quinlan Ford Panthers(3-20)(0-9) in the Bidistrict round. Canton went 27-5 last season before losing two to Texarkana Pleasant Grove in the Regional quarterfinals(third round). So they have a very impressive record of 56-5 since the start of the 2018 season. In 2017, Canton went 26-7 ending their season to PG in 2 games in the 3rd Round also. PG won the region that year defeating Argyle in the regional semis in 2 games(Argyle ended up 25-3-1) and then Decatur in the regional finals in 2 games(Decatur went 20-17). They lost to eventual State Champ Abilene Wylie in the State Semifinal.....finishing 35-4. Last season after knocking off Canton in the 3rd Round, PG lost to Argyle in a one-gamer in the regional semifinal(4th round). PG went 25-5 last season.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 12:21 AM
PG won their two games this week also and are now (22-4)(12-0) for the season. They will meet Gilmer(17-12-1)(6-6) in the Bidistrict round this coming week. Kilgore(20-5)(11-1) edged out Bullard(20-5-2)(10-2) for the District 16 title. Kilgore was 26-6 last season....losing to Argyle in the Region 2 finals in 2 games. In 2017, Kilgore was 26-6-2 before losing in the regional quarters to Gilmer......so Kilgore should be able to contend with PG and Canton in Region 2 for the regional title. But look out for Bullard....they are playing very well this season.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 06:36 AM
Fort Worth Benbrook(20-3-2)(9-1) won District 9 and has proven they will be a tough team in the Region 2 playoffs. In Region 1, Iowa Park(25-2)(8-0) continued with 2 wins and is the District 6 champion. The Hawks have only lost to Levelland and Argyle all season.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 06:54 AM
Decatur(24-5)(5-3) won their two final district games this week and are in Argyle's District 8 in Region 1. This team is very capable of defeating any team and lost to Argyle twice in close games.....2-1 and 2-0. They have a very good offense and excellent pitchers.....could end up facing Argyle again. IMO.....Decatur is one of the best teams in Class 4A this season.....despite one hiccup early to Saginaw and another loss to Krum 2-0 in district play. Their other loss was to Benbrook in predistrict.....we already know about Benbrook. Decatur will meet Glen Rose(17-10)(5-3) from District 7 in the Bidistrict round.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Region 3 will be a slugfest, IMO. Midlothian Heritage(21-4)(9-1) won District 17 and will be a force for the regional title. Robinson(22-4-1)(9-1) got by Lorena(20-5-2)(8-2) to win District 18, but both teams are serious contenders. Carthage(21-5-1)(10-2) was the winner of District 20, but Lufkin Hudson(20-9)(7-5) should not be taken lightly....they are a very capable team. Carthage is building a very good baseball program now.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 09:28 PM
In District 22 there are 3 teams that could cause trouble for the favorites in Region 3. Hardin Jefferson(16-8)(11-1) won the district, but Little Cypress-Mauriceville(22-8)(9-3) and Bridge City(18-9-2)(8-4) bring lots of seasoning and experience to the playoffs every year. Even Silsbee(13-9)(7-5) could be dangerous in the spoiler role....they are a seasoned perennial playoff team too. But Sweeny (20-6)(7-0), the District 24 winner, is the team that played the "up" schedule and has the pedigree to win the region. They will have to play very well to win Region 3 this season. I think this region is very tight among all the teams mentioned here.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 09:57 PM
In Region 4, the newcomer Fulshear Chargers(21-4-1)(12-0) in District 25 got everybody's attention right from the gitgo this season.....mowing down the competition with ease. Their first season in 4A in baseball and they've done well. Last year was their first full season as a school. Sealy(19-8)(9-3) and El Campo(19-8)(8-4) are very quality teams in this same district and both may go several rounds deep in the Region 4 playoffs. Fulshear has to be one of the favorites to win this region, IMO.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 10:09 PM
In District 26, Caldwell(25-5)(9-1) and Bellville(18-7)(9-1) tied for the District title....so they played a game to determine the seeding. Bellville won that game and is the #1 seed. But Caldwell has had a whale of a season so far, so look out in Region 4 for this hot team going forward in the playoffs. Speaking of hot teams.....just WOW for Liberty Hill(25-3-1)(10-0) out of District 27......this team might just be one of the best in the entire 4A classification this year! They barely missed a basketball State Championship, and did the same thing in football.....in the Final Championship game to win it all in both sports!!! Could that happen for them in baseball in the same year too??? What a year for Liberty Hill, Huh? The Lampasas Badgers(17-12)(8-2) in the same district have been hot and cold all season long with quality wins and some unexpected losses.....a dangerous opponent, no doubt!

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 10:22 PM
Over in District 28 its been a fight for the district title and seeding. Look at these records for these teams>>>Wimberley(18-9-1)(8-2); Llano(17-10)(8-2); Boerne(15-16)(6-4); Fredericksburg(15-14-2)(4-6). It may not look that impressive.....but these teams have played some very competitive baseball are are all perennial playoff contenders. So just look out if your team is scheduled with one of these teams.....Just sayin'. Llano gets the top seed by virtue of 2 district wins over Wimberley in the head to head matchup. The Hondo Owls(22-5)(7-1) are the District 29 champion and the real sleeper in Region 4 if you ask me. They could win the region if everything fell their way and I would not be surprised in the least.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 10:35 PM
In District 30 there was a tie for the district title between La Vernia(18-8)(9-1) and Cuero(17-11-1)(9-1)....so they played a game to determine the #1 seed and La Vernia won 7-6. Both teams have quality wins and will have a good shot at advancing to the regional title game. Over in District 31, I would have to say the Sinton Pirates(26-6)(12-2) are very seasoned and have their sights set on another regional title. They have not been perfect, but will be one of the favorites to win the region. Ingleside(19-9)(10-4) has enjoyed a very good season and wants to prove they can contend with the best of the region. The Zapata Hawks(19-8)(11-3) won District 32.....a very competitive district this season.....and may prove to be a very tough team to beat.

regaleagle
04-28-2019, 10:42 PM
There are many other teams to make the playoffs in every district and every region......the ones I've mentioned are just the teams that had very successful records this season and most are favored to win a few playoff games and contend for the region title. Good luck to all the teams that made this season's Class 4A playoffs. The field will be cut in half after the first round, and then again the next week. So soon we will be down to only 32 teams from 128. By that time we will see the cream start rising....and perhaps a few upsets along the way. Usually the big upset round occurs in the 3rd round when the winners are trimmed to only 16 teams left....or 4 per region.

regaleagle
04-30-2019, 12:26 AM
Argyle has perhaps the toughest draw of any District winner in Class 4A in this opening Bidistrict playoff round against a very strong Stephenville Yellowjackets(18-7-1) 4th place team from District 7. They have the best overall record from that district, but did drop some district games to the others and ended up in 4th. Methinks Stephenville is much better than any other 4th place district team.....they are like a district champion team. So Argyle will be tested right away in a best of 3 series against Stephenville as the entire group of 4A top contenders will be watching furtively. How do you like that word furtive, Huh? It really fits this scenario......it means secretly from afar. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
04-30-2019, 12:39 AM
lma thinkin' Argyle should feel somewhat relieved that this will be a best of 3 series instead of a one-gamer......maybe Stephenville wanted a best of 3 or they lost the coin flip for a one-gamer. Either way......should be an interesting opening round series in Class 4A to keep an eye on. In fact....it will be THE series to pay attention to this week.....besides your team's opening round game(s).

SintonFan_inAustin
04-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Robstown 4th seed scares me the mo st they remind of Sinton few years back when Sinton finished 4th with a young team with pitching. Sinton knock out 3 district champions and lost to El Campo another DC by a run both games. Sinton knock out Robstown the district champions in that run.
Sinton extended their playoff streak to 24 straight. Robstown has one longer they kept alive.

regaleagle
05-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Another team in Region 2.....the Brownsboro Bears(21-4-1)(6-4).....is in Canton's district and got 2nd place. They did drop both district contests to undefeated Canton(29-0)(10-0), but also dropped one game each to district opponents Wills Point(16-8-1) and Van early(11-12). Regardless.....this team could prove to be a very tough one to beat.

regaleagle
05-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Argyle advances in 2 games against Stephenville 7-3 and 5-1. Congrats to Stephenville on a successful winning season.....they just lost too many in district and had to play Argyle right off the bat in the Bidistrict seeding. Stephenville finishes at 18-9-1 on the season. Argyle improves to 31-1-1.

regaleagle
05-04-2019, 05:06 AM
Pleasanton(now 10-14) knocked out a very good Hondo team 9-5 in a one-gamer. Hondo finishes at 22-6 on the season......one and done. This is what can happen in these playoffs.....especially in one-gamers. Hondo was a serious contender for the Region 4 title......but now one less very good team is eliminated.

regaleagle
05-04-2019, 05:34 AM
That sounded weird......I meant there is one less very good team now in the Region 4 playoff picture. Hondo has been eliminated in the first round in one game.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-04-2019, 05:45 AM
That sounded weird......I meant there is one less very good team now in the Region 4 playoff picture. Hondo has been eliminated in the first round in one game.

Usually get to see Hondo once a year, didn't this year with Sinton changing tourneys this season from Pleasanton to Cuero tourney. D30 looks to be competitive teams in playoffs. Not to surprise Hondo is out.

Sinton has been without one starting pitcher that was 4-0 with a 0.00 era for the year for half the season and his bat, he's back in the lineup not sure about the pitching part. Still missing one more bat in the lineup he's been out most of the season hoping he becomes available this next round to get his bat in lineup. Sinton been winning by pitching will need defense and offense to start picking it up from here on out.

regaleagle
05-05-2019, 09:34 PM
The Bidistrict Round One is over now and the field has been trimmed by half. There were a few surprises, but for the most part the weakest teams have been eliminated from the playoffs. There are now 64 teams left playing for a chance to advance another week. This week is the Area Round Two and Argyle(31-1-1) will be facing Graham(19-12-2) in a one-gamer on Saturday. Graham defeated Snyder in two games 7-4 and 9-8 to advance to this week's matchup. I reckon Graham must have won the coin flip and opted for the one-gamer.....can't really say that I blame them. Just one game against Argyle to win or lose.......their best pitcher and anything else that can go their way. Anything can happen in baseball in a single game.

regaleagle
05-05-2019, 10:30 PM
One very huge game this week will happen in Region 3 when Sweeny(22-7) meets a very formidable Bridge City(20-9-2). Guess what??? Bridge City had to forfeit 3 games in district play due to an ineligible player......otherwise their record would stand at (23-6-2). Kind of interesting all of a sudden, Huh? The polls have Sweeny ranked in the Top 5 in the state and last season's finalist against Argyle. Sweeny ended up (35-6) last season......not too shabby!

regaleagle
05-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Now I'm seeing that the Argyle-Graham matchup will be a series.....not a one-gamer as was previously shown. They will meet on Friday @ 7:30 in Brock for Game#1, then on Saturday @ 1:00 for Game#2.......and Game#3 thereafter if necessary. I think this favors Argyle more than Graham.....Argyle's pitching staff is very deep and very good! I also think that teams with much better records and a good group of pitchers prefer the series matchup to the one-gamer, for sure. Maybe Argyle won the coin flip, Huh? I cannot imagine Graham opting for anything but a one-gamer against Argyle if they won the flip. Regardless......the matchup is set now. GO EAGLES!! Graham knocked off a better Argyle basketball team earlier this season in the playoffs.......I'm certain that will not be lost in the minds of these Eagles baseball players.......time for some payback this week.

regaleagle
05-06-2019, 11:42 AM
I'm sure the players prefer a series matchup to a one-gamer also......just because they get to play more baseball in a playoff scenario that means more. I would think this is a benefit to those teams that advance each week to play more games each week.....instead of just one for the chance to advance. It also gives the team that does not advance more than one game that week to prepare to play at least two more games for the opportunity to advance another week......even if it happens in a losing effort. The better team does not always win in a series......or a one-gamer. It's baseball and anything can happen at anytime!

regaleagle
05-07-2019, 06:45 AM
What usually happens when both teams have similar records or both teams are highly ranked is a series matchup. Both coaching staffs feel confident in their team and prefer to give their players the benefit of playing it out for the win. This does not always happen, however. We have seen Argyle vs PG matchups in the past years as one-gamers several times.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Not sure about all the teams in all classifications with playoff games this week from East of I-35 and South of the Metroplex. Looks like the DFW area and West of I-35 will be OK for ballgames and no flooded fields. East Texas, Central Texas, and the Coastal regions from Corpus to Galvaston may be flooded and just too wet with some rain still in play at least thru Thursday all day......it looks like a messy situation for sure. The Houston area is certainly in dire straits and baseball playoffs are just not on the top of the list of everybody's main problems.......the flooding appears to be major league bad.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 05:49 AM
Looks like all the scheduled games around the DFW area all the way to West Texas and down to San Antonio will be OK......heard the Austin area may have some low areas of flooding but may not be a problem to move some games to fields with turf or higher ground. I'm not even sure if there are buses that could transport teams out of the Houston area to play games at parks westward that are available and with artificial turf. There are 64 teams still left in each classification playing this 2nd Round of playoffs......which is 32 different games in each classification X 5 classifications = 160 sites if my math is correct. This does not even include the all the Private School playoff games scheduled for this week and the weekend.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 07:26 AM
I really don't see any team in Argyle's upper bracket in Region 1 giving the Eagles trouble, but I do see a definite serious contender in the Regional Final against either Decatur or Iowa Park from the lower part of the bracket. One of those two teams will eliminate the other in the 3rd Round next week, IMO......and should end up in the Regional Final against Argyle.....barring any bigtime surprising upsets along the way. So it looks like Argyle vs Iowa Park or Decatur for the Region 1 Final.....I don't really see any other teams going to the regional finals. Godley COULD make a move, but I just don't think they have enough experience this season after last season's great run......I think they lost quite a few seniors. They would have to win the series this week against a very good Iowa Park team......not gonna happen.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 07:50 AM
In Region 2......there are a few teams that could still surprise......Like a Benbrook or Brownsboro. Not sure Bullard has enough to compete against a very strong Pleasant Grove team. Brownsboro could give PG a series this weekend and possibly knock them out for a major upset and open up this regional bracket for other contender teams like Kilgore and Bullard. But there is still undefeated Canton sitting there for somebody to beat.....I don't think Sunnyvale will do it. Wills Point plays Kilgore this week....I'm taking Kilgore. Sunnyvale plays a surprisingly good Aubrey team this week.....I'm calling for the upset here......I think Aubrey is under the radar and a very dangerous team. Melissa should get by Kennedale and face the winner of Sunnyvale/Aubrey next week. PG/Brownsboro is the best battle this weekend and the winner will face the Kilgore/Wills Point winner this weekend. I'll take Crandall easily vs Sanger this week and Benbrook easily over Hillcrest to face each other next week. Canton plays an up-and-down Longview Spring Hill and Bullard plays Van. Next week should be Canton vs Bullard in a very good matchup in this region. Brownsboro/PG this week.....Bullard/Canton next week. Those are the two big matchups that could open up this entire Region 2 playoff picture.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 07:55 AM
There's some definite contenders in Region 2 lurking and waiting for an opportunity for sure.....as long as they keep advancing. Just depends on whether PG or Canton will be knocked out along the way......it could get very interesting in this highly competitive region.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 08:03 AM
IMO.....Region 3 is pretty much between 4 teams. Sweeny has a big game this week against Bridge City.....so the winner of this series will contend for the region. But Robinson is full of seniors and have played very very well this season.....they are a perennial regional and state contender. But look out for Lorena and Carthage......these two teams must be considered almost on the same level as Sweeny and Robinson. The rest of the teams in this region will most probably falter before the 4th round. I still like Lorena as the surprise regional champ......but they would have to face and beat Sweeny to get a chance in the regional final. There is one more team in this region that could surprise also.....Midlothian Heritage. They could possibly meet Robinson in the regional semifinal and win that round to get to the regional final. Good teams in this region also that looks to be a very competitive region like Region 2.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Region 4 IMO is totally wide-open for upset city each week from here on out. This includes stellar teams like Liberty Hill, Sinton, and upstart Fulshear. Liberty Hill(26-3-1) will play a very good Caldwell(26-6) this weekend......keep an eye on this series......Caldwell is very dangerous. Fulshear(23-4-1) should handle Wimberley and Sinton should get by Cuero this week......but I wouldn't bet on any of these series. There's not a single one-gamer matchup in Region 4 this week among the 16 teams left.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 08:28 AM
With the weather playing havoc to the fields, the sites, and just the possibility of more rain.....there could be some changes in the scheduled games and starts this weekend in all classifications. Just depends on where these matchups will occur across the state and could impact the outcomes easily. What if some of these scheduled series matchups suddenly becomes a one-gamer deal, Huh? We don't know what will end up happening this weekend vs that kind of scenario because of this weather dilemma.....so things COULD change for some teams in every classification this weekend.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 08:36 AM
My guess is that this weekend's games will be filled with more runs scored and more errors committed than if the weather was dry. I look for those teams with deep pitching staffs to prevail, but with the conditions being wet(fields included) unexpected situations could crop up in big games this weekend. A slippery baseball really favors the team at bat in most ways......from more walks allowed to errors to bad footing to stolen bases to bad throws......anything could happen at anytime easier under these conditions.

regaleagle
05-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Quite a few games have been rescheduled this weekend to try to avoid rainy and wet conditions. Also some venues have been changed to accommodate teams for sites with better field conditions......like artificial turf. Argyle was rescheduled w/ Graham for two games Friday and only one if necessary on Saturday. The venue has been moved to Argyle with Game 1 starting @ 4 pm Friday and Game 2 thereafter......starting about 7:30 pm. If a Game 3 is needed.....it will be played back in Graham on Saturday @ 1 pm.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Pleasant Grove and Brownsboro played 2 games last night......PG won Game 1 7-4 and then advanced by winning Game 2 on a very questionable call of interference at 2nd base when Brownsboro apparently tied the game in the top of the 7th with this infield chopper to short. There were runners on 1st and 3rd with one out when the play occurred. The runner on first slid into 2nd and popped back up quickly while the 2nd baseman was attempting a throw to 1st in an attempt to complete a double play. Meanwhile the runner from 3rd scored to tie the game.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Pleasant Grove and Brownsboro played 2 games last night......PG won Game 1 7-4 and then advanced by winning Game 2 on a very questionable call of interference at 2nd base when Brownsboro apparently tied the game in the top of the 7th with this infield chopper to short. There were runners on 1st and 3rd with one out when the play occurred. The runner on first slid into 2nd and popped back up quickly while the 2nd baseman was attempting a throw to 1st in an attempt to complete a double play. Meanwhile the runner from 3rd scored to tie the game.

The umpire called an automatic out for interference on the throw attempt to end the game. The baserunner did not alter his approach to the base, nor did he move off the base to impede the throw. The throw was completed and was never going to be ontime regardless of any circumstances......there is a video on Smoaky of this play. The baserunner has every right to the basepaths and the base as long as he does not alter his path to interfere with the fielder. The area AT the base belongs to both players, so it incumbent upon the defensive player to move AWAY from the base if he wants to not be impeded on completing an attempted throw to any base. Otherwise.....it is allowed in baseball at every level for the baserunner to undercut the defensive player AT the base.......the area at the base belongs to BOTH players. In this case......the ump ruled interference when the throw was legally impeded because the 2nd baseball never moved away from the base to make the throw......an incorrect call at a very critical time in a game-ending and season-ending situation for the Brownsboro Bears and perhaps many other teams in the Region 2 playoff picture and maybe even beyond that.....we will never know now.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Interference can only be called IF the baserunner obviously alters his path to the base to impede the infielder from making a play......the runner did not do this. He simply slid into the base and popped up......not interference because the base belongs to BOTH players at the base, not just the infielder. Throws are impeded all the time legally in baseball because the infielder was in the path of the baserunner at the base. In fact, plays at any base are impeded all the time by baserunners legally......whether fielding a throw or attempting to make a throw. This call was obviously a BAD CALL that ended an otherwise tied game in the Top of the 7th with what should have been 2 outs and a runner on first. It's a shame that an umpire would make such a terrible call in such a critical situation to not only end a playoff game, but the season for a very competitive playoff contender against another highly ranked contender when the object is to allow the players to decide the result of the game WHENEVER POSSIBLE. In this case......the call was blatantly an incorrect call by all baseball standards and should not have been called....especially in these circumstances! And the runner never altered his path to the base or around the base. The runner to first would have easily been safe regardless of any situation......unfortunate for the Brownsboro Bears and fortunate for the PG Hawks.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 12:01 PM
BAD CALLS do happen in the playoffs.....either on the basepaths or at the bases or from the behind the plate.....to impact the outcomes of games. We see bad calls made most often from behind the plate on pitches that are outside called for strikes to end games.....sometimes waaaay outside, but hardly ever inside close to the batter. The object should be to allow the players to decide the game on the field whenever there may be a situation to allow it......not to make the decision for them to decide the outcome. In this case......there is no way any umpire should have ruled interference on this play.......there was none. The runner had every right to the base and to occupy the base. If the fielder's throw was somehow impeded, it was impeded legally because he did not attempt to move AWAY from the base to make the throw. He simply stayed on the base and made the throw.....no interference. BTW......the throw was not impeded.....it was just late.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 12:25 PM
We will never know what the outcome would have been if the call was not made.....but that's baseball with anything that could happen at anytime to change the outcome of a game and a season in these playoffs. Best case scenario is to have a good enough lead that any mistake made by anybody will not impact the outcome. But when two highly competitive teams are playing.....many times at least one of these games will be close with the outcome teetering on one play. That's what happened in this case and will continue to occur in many other games all over the state in the baseball playoffs. Good luck and Godspeed to all teams this weekend in their quest to advance to next week's games.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Argyle defeats Graham 2-1 with a walkoff hit with the bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the 7th in Game 1. In Game 2, Argyle scores 13 runs in the first and bats around twice.....winning in 5 by a score of 15-0. Argyle advances to face Brownwood in the next round next week. Brownwood whacked Midland Greenwood 12-0 and 15-3 tonight in 2 games to advance next week. That's alot of runs scored in 2 games......maybe Brownwood has a great hitting team or maybe Greenwood was just not a good test for them.

regaleagle
05-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Brownwood has now scored 47 runs and given up only 3 in 4 playoff games. Wow....that's impressive!! That's almost 12 runs per game against less than one run per game. I sure hope Argyle works on their hitting this week in preparation for these Brownwood bat attacks. Sometimes Argyle gets a bit too selective at the plate instead of just swinging freely and putting the ball in play. They have good hitters.....but may be too disciplined at the plate for their own good.

regaleagle
05-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Argyle(33-1-1) has scored a total of 276 runs this season and allowed 95 in 35 games played. That's an average of 7.885 runs/game scored against 2.714 runs/game allowed. Brownwood(16-10) has scored a total of 166 runs this season and allowed 140 in only 26 games played. They are averaging 6.384 runs/game scored against 5.384 runs/game allowed......but these numbers are skewed. Brownwood started out the season with 3 straight losses.....11-0, 9-3, and 8-3. They also suffered two other large-margin losses 10-0 and 14-2......among a few others. But since District play began sometime in late March, the Lions have gone (10-2) and scored 102 runs against 45 runs allowed. Those numbers are much more telling......8.5 runs/game scored against 3.75 runs/game allowed. Now all of a sudden their numbers are more in line with Argyle's season numbers.....albeit that Argyle has played 9 more games on the season and most probably against stiffer competition. This matchup should get Argyle's undivided attention if you look at these numbers I just rolled out, Huh? Looks to me like Brownwood has been able to score lots of runs all season long......and then tightened up their defense and improved their pitching midway thru the season.

regaleagle
05-11-2019, 03:24 PM
This is exactly why season records can be deceiving to the fairweather fan. All that really counts in the playoffs is how well your team is playing recently.....not how they played for the whole season. Having a great season record with only a few losses all year is great......but only if your team keeps winning right now at this most critical time in the playoffs. As we have seen already only two rounds deep into these playoffs......if your team has a bad game or two games in series even against lesser competition......the season is over for them.

regaleagle
05-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Teams like Argyle, Pleasant Grove, Iowa Park, Sweeny, Robinson, Fulshear and other highly ranked teams with quality depth at pitching would like to play a series matchup. But the coin flips could go the other way at any time and now the opponent gets a one-gamer to knock your team out with their best pitcher. This happens every week in every classification every year to highly ranked teams......so making it to the regional final just to get the chance to advance to the Final Four in Austin is an arduous uphill battle every single week to overcome. There can be only one winner in each region......so getting to the regional final is tough sledding each week. You just hope your sled has the dawgs to carry you there.....LOL.

regaleagle
05-11-2019, 04:03 PM
BTW......all the results are not yet in for this week's Area Playoff Round. Some are playing now and some will not finish until later today or tonight.

regaleagle
05-13-2019, 09:30 AM
In Region 1......Hereford(11-11-1) defeated Pecos(18-8) in two games 6-5 and 6-4. All other Region 1 winners were not a surprise. In Region 2 we had a couple of surprises. Canton(30-0) won the first game against Longview Spring Hill(19-9-1) 3-1, but then SH won the next two 3-2 and 4-0 to end Canton's undefeated season at 31-2. Van(13-12) got a one-gamer against a very good Bullard(22-5-2) team and sent them home 4-2. Over in Region 3, Columbia(7-17) knocked off Liberty(20-9) in a 3-gamer. The scores were Liberty 5-3, Columbia 13-5 and Columbia 11-8. Down in Region 4 the only matchup that MIGHT be considered an upset was Robstown(14-12-2) over Geronimo Navarro(19-11). But Robstown is sort of a perennial playoff contender most years and had a bad run this season before battling back to right the ship in the last games of district play just to get inot the playoffs. Robstown was a #4 seed and Navarro was a #3 seed.

regaleagle
05-13-2019, 09:48 AM
There are three #4 seeds that advanced to this Regional Quarterfinal Round(3rd Round) for this week: In Region 2, F14 Van(14-12) will face T16 Longview Spring Hill(21-10-1) in a series. In Region 3, F24 Columbia(9-18) will meet W24 Sweeny(24-7) in a series also. Notice these two teams are from the same district. In Region 4, F31 Robstown(16-12-2) plays a one-gamer against W31 Sinton(29-7). These two teams are also in the same district. Sinton defeated Robstown 5-3 and 2-0 in both district meetings earlier this season.

regaleagle
05-13-2019, 10:03 AM
There are three #4 seeds that advanced to this Regional Quarterfinal Round(3rd Round) for this week: In Region 2, F14 Van(14-12) will face T16 Longview Spring Hill(21-10-1) in a series. In Region 3, F24 Columbia(9-18) will meet W24 Sweeny(24-7) in a series also. Notice these two teams are from the same district. In Region 4, F31 Robstown(16-12-2) plays a one-gamer against W31 Sinton(29-7). These two teams are also in the same district. Sinton defeated Robstown 5-3 and 2-0 in both district meetings earlier this season.

Actually in Region 2, F11 Melissa(24-10) will play R10 Sunnyvale(23-4-2) in a series matchup this week. Melissa is a perennial playoff team in this region.....not really a true #4 seed, but that's the way it worked out this season.
So looks like there are four #4 seeds that advanced to the 3rd Round this season.

regaleagle
05-14-2019, 10:22 PM
No one-gamers this week in the Regional Quarterfinals......the schedule is all filled in and everybody is playing a series. Best of luck to all the teams playing this week.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Lots of 3rd Round series start tonight across the landscape of Texas. There were 2 games last night in Class 4A Round 3. Sweeny(24-7) defeated West Columbia(10-18) 16-0 in Game 1 of their series and Bellville(22-9) got a big win against Fulshear(25-4-1) 5-2. There are 12 games scheduled for tonight in Class 4A.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-16-2019, 05:12 PM
West Columbia had good baseball program several years ago, knock out Sinton back to back years, pretty good teams. Don't think they ever made it to state tourney but made deep runs.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Tonite in Glen Rose....Argyle scores in the first inning on a Dylan Carter homer. Then in the 2nd, Argyle loads the bases and Bo Hogeboom hits a towering grand slam to dead center over the high wall at 340 feet.

After 1 1/2 innings
Argyle 5
Brownwood 0

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:02 PM
In Princeton......the Melissa Cardinals have scored 2 runs on 6 hits against the Sunnyvale Raiders. Sunnyvale has 1 hit so far.

After 4 innings

Melissa 2
Sunnyvale 0

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:18 PM
Alex Gonzales drives in a run with a deep sacrifice fly to right field with the bases loaded in the top of the 3rd. Then the next batter 3rd baseman Cade Merka catches one flush and drives a line drive homer over the deepest part of the park in left center for a 3-run homer. That's one homer in each inning for Argyle.

After 3 1/2 innings

Argyle 9
Brownwood 0

Ricker on the mound for Argyle. No hits by Brownwood yet.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:24 PM
After 5 1/2 innings

Melissa 3
Sunnyvale 0

Melissa has 10 hits and no errors......their pitcher has faced the minimum number of hitters so far. Sunnyvale did get one hit, but was eliminated with a double play.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Argyle still batting in the top of the 5th......pitcher Chad Ricker drives one over the left field fence for a 3-run homer after another run had scored on RBI hit by Dixon. Then after Clearman is hit by a pitch, another hit to left and then Gonzo gets another hit to drive in another run. Next up is Cade Merka and he doubles in another run. Still one out. I think Argyle has 13 runs on 12 hits so far. Ricker has not given up a hit.....and only one baserunner to a walk in the first inning.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Oh Geez......now Chad Ricker hits a base-clearing grand slam from the left side(he's a switch hitter) in the same inning. Argyle has scored 12 runs in this inning and there's still only one out. Just about every hitter for Argyle has gotten a hit this inning.....Ricker two home runs and 7 RBI's.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:48 PM
At the end of 4 1/2 innings.....

Argyle 21
Brownwood 0

I think they said Argyle has 16 hits.....sending 34 batters to the plate so far in this game.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Melissa defeats Sunnyvale 4-0 on 12 hits and no errors. Sunnyvale had 2 hits.

Melissa 4
Sunnyvale 0

Final......Game 1 of the series. Even though Melissa entered as a #4 seed, they actually tied for 2nd in district with a 3-way tie. They are most probably the best team in that district......just did not get a favorable seeding.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Three up and three down for Argyle in the bottom of the 4th. Argyle coming to bat in the top of the 5th. I'm sure they'll let as many players into the game as possible, but the 10 run rule will come into effect this inning.

Actually the run rule is 15 after 5 innings or leading by 10 after 6 innings.

regaleagle
05-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Chad Ricker throws a no-hitter tonight in a 21-0 win. Ricker hits a 3-run homer and a grand slam in the 4th inning as Argyle plates 12 runs. Argyle gets 17 hits and no errors in the win. Ricker does walk 3 in his no-hitter. Argyle hit 5 homers tonight.....2 grand slams, 2 3-run homers, and one solo shot.

Argyle 21
Brownwood 0

Final.....Game 1 of the series.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 01:10 AM
Chad Ricker throws a no-hitter tonight in a 21-0 win. Ricker hits a 3-run homer and a grand slam in the 4th inning as Argyle plates 12 runs. Argyle gets 17 hits and no errors in the win. Ricker does walk 3 in his no-hitter. Argyle hit 5 homers tonight.....2 grand slams, 2 3-run homers, and one solo shot.

Argyle 21
Brownwood 0

Final.....Game 1 of the series.

I must've missed a run and a hit somewhere......it ended up 22-0 with 18 hits. Not that it really matters, but didn't want to give the wrong score.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 01:14 AM
Iowa Park 6
Decatur 2

Final......Game 1 in the series. This matchup is a good one, for sure. Nobody really knows just how good Iowa Park is......they've only lost 2 games all year. One early to Levelland and one to Argyle right before district play. Argyle played Decatur in district play twice and knows they are a very good team.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Iowa Park 3
Decatur 2

Final......Game 2 and Series. Iowa Park(31-2 now) knocks off Decatur in 2 games tonight to advance to the Region 1 Semifinals next week. Congrats to the Hawks. Decatur ends with a very impressive 28-7 season record against some darn good teams(2 losses each to Argyle and Iowa Park).

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 01:36 AM
Two really good teams in Region 1 are still playing.....Argyle(34-1-1) and Iowa Park(31-2). These are the two best records in all of Class 4A this season. Canton's season ended last week at (31-2) also.

BwdLion73
05-17-2019, 08:10 AM
I must've missed a run and a hit somewhere......it ended up 22-0 with 18 hits. Not that it really matters, but didn't want to give the wrong score.

That first kid that hit it well over 400 feet kind of set the tone!

Hope to at least make it a little more competitive today. ;)

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:45 AM
Dillon Carter.....CF and RHP that bats 2nd in the lineup and from the left side. He's committed to Texas Tech and was a heckuva a football player and track athlete also. The guy is just athletic with all kinds of well-developed skills from playing sports. He hit the solo shot in the first.

lostaussie
05-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Argyle might as well be playing Double A

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Out of the 4 series in each region in this round......2 teams from Region 1 advanced last night and one team in Region 3. Hereford(15-11-1 now) knocked out Lubbock Estacado in 2 games to end their season at (21-11-1). Both teams were from District 3 along with Canyon. Hereford advanced to play Iowa Park(31-2 now) next week. Iowa Park defeated a highly talented Decatur team in 2 games last night also. In Region 3......Huffman Hargrave(19-8 now) sent Hardin Jefferson home and ended their season at (19-11) in 2 games.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 04:12 PM
There will be some teams trying to win their 2nd game of the series tonight to advance to next week's regional semifinal round, and some who lost last night trying to even up the series. Some teams will be playing their first and possibly 2nd game also tonight in a series matchup. Argyle will attempt to win again tonight against Brownwood in Glen Rose to win the series in 2 games and advance to the semifinals next week in Region 1. They will get the winner of Canyon(20-9-1) vs Pampa(21-6-1). The first game of this matchup series begins tonight and is continued with Game 2 and possibly Game 3 on Saturday. The weather could possibly cause a problem w/ storms in the forecast for West Texas.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Argyle vs Brownwood in Game 2 in Glen Rose now......Dillon Carter just hit a line drive homer to right center with a man on first. One run had scored already.....there are two outs in the bottom of the 2nd.

Argyle 6
Brownwood 1

End of 2nd

Sr. Sean Bolin, the Utah commit.....is on the hill for Argyle tonight. He's a 6-3/200 RHP.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Argyle loads the bases in the bottom of the 3rd with a couple of walks......then a pitching change by Brownwood. Lead off batter Preston King(2nd baseman) hits a Grand Salame to clear the bases. 3rd Grand Slam against Brownwood in this series so far. Still no outs yet.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 08:49 PM
End of 3

Argyle 10
Brownwood 1

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Time for Argyle to start subbing some of the bench players now. They need some playing time as much as possible.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Argyle has scored 3 in the first, 3 in the 2nd, and 4 runs in the 3rd. Now they are coming up to bat in the bottom half of the 4th.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Double play by the Brownwood pitcher on a sharp line drive back to him by Austin King(catcher). Gonzo up with 2 down and the bases cleared. Bad throw to first by the shortstop, so Gonzo reaches on a throwing error of a routine shot to shortstop. Merka up next.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Canyon leads Pampa 5-3 in Game 1 of that series tonight.....still playing.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Eagles do not score in the 4th.

Argyle 10
Brownwood 1

End of 4th

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Tate Van Poppel on the mound for Argyle now......he's a junior and non-committed yet. Pretty darn good football player too.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Three up.....three down for Van Poppel. No strike outs, but threw strikes and forced the hitters to swing. Argyle's defense did the rest.....Van Poppel did make one put out on a chopper back to him.

Tejastrue
05-17-2019, 09:14 PM
Is that Todd Van Poppel's boy?

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:16 PM
Hogeboom flies out to right field. Preston King hit a grand slam last time up......ground to short but an error as it bounces off the heel of his glove as he charges it. Dillon Carter had a homer in the 2nd inning. King steals 2nd and that called strike.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:18 PM
He drives King in on a hard hit ball to center......that's the game! Argyle run rules Brownwood in 5 innings.

Argyle 11
Brownwood 1

Final......Game 2 and Series. Argyle advances to next week's Region 1 Semifinals and will face the winner of the Canyon/Pampa series.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Dillon Carter went 3 for 3 tonight in the win with a 2 run homer. Sean Bolin gets the win walking 3 and striking out 5 and two hits. Bolin did give up a Brownwood solo homer in the first inning. 11 runs on 6 hits and no errors for Argyle......Brownwood committed 4 errors. Argyle moves to (35-1-1) on the season. Brownwood's season ends at (16-12).

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 09:27 PM
Is that Todd Van Poppel's boy?

Yep.....sure is! He's a pretty good athlete for Argyle in both football and baseball. He'll be a senior next year.

regaleagle
05-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Canyon wins Game 1 of the series against Pampa tonight 7-5. Game 2 will be played Saturday at 12 noon, and Game 3 thereafter if necessary......all weather-permitting if the storms don't cancel them out.

regaleagle
05-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Canyon defeats Pampa in Game 2 by a score of 15-3 to advance to next week's Region 1 Semis against Argyle. Must've been a run rule game with that kind of score. I kinda thought Canyon might be a hitting machine.....I'm pretty sure they have some very good athletes. Canyon goes to (23-9-1) on the season and Pampa's season ends at (21-1-1).

regaleagle
05-18-2019, 04:39 PM
I think we will see a few one-gamers next week in the regional semifinals. It was kind of unusual to not have any this week in 4A. Usually, the underdog team will want that against their opponent......but they have to win the coin flip to get it.

regaleagle
05-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Canyon defeats Pampa in Game 2 by a score of 15-3 to advance to next week's Region 1 Semis against Argyle. Must've been a run rule game with that kind of score. I kinda thought Canyon might be a hitting machine.....I'm pretty sure they have some very good athletes. Canyon goes to (23-9-1) on the season and Pampa's season ends at (21-1-1).

Pampa ends at 21-11-1......correction of mistype.

regaleagle
05-18-2019, 11:15 PM
I wonder what the Texas high school record is for grand slams by a team in a season??? I wonder if they even keep track of such a stat? Maybe there is a national record? Argyle has hit at least 6 of them this season to my knowledge......maybe more that I'm not even aware of. I'm fairly certain that kind of stat would be on the "unusual" side for playing less than 40 games in a season. There's probably been some team that hit 10 or more in a season before.....but it would be interesting to see what that number is.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 12:00 AM
Never mind......I read online where one player hit 7 grand slams in a season. That's the record for one player in a season. I saw where a team hit 3 in one game......but couldn't find anything on grand slams by a team in a season. I guess it's not a recorded stat. The MLB record for Grand Slams in a season by one player is 6.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 12:15 AM
The 2006 Cleveland Indians and the 2000 Oakland A's share the MLB record for Grand Slams by a team in a single season with 14. But that's over a 162 game season.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Six of the seven Argyle seniors with Division 1 commitments have been on this Eagles winning team since their freshman season.....it's been a very successful run for them. They are Preston King/2B/UT-RVG; Dillon Carter/CF,RHP/TTECH; Brenden Dixon/SS/TEXAS; Hayden Clearman/RF/ABILENE CHRISTIAN; Austin King/C/UT-RVG; Sean Bolin/RHP/UTAH. Chad Ricker/RHP;Utility/UTSA joined the varsity his sophomore season. These are the seniors that have a record of (126-10-2) so far in their high school baseball career. They have won a multitude of championships.....including a national championship last season. There would be nothing sweeter for this special group of talented players than to win another State Championship and National Championship this season to culminate a glorious high school baseball career. It is within their grasp, but a very difficult feat to accomplish. Regardless of the outcome, it has been an exciting 4 yrs for these young men and we wish them all the best in their baseball futures. Good going and way to represent.....both on and off the field of dreams.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 02:50 PM
There are several other seniors with commits in football on this baseball team.....Blake Ramsey, Brandon Lancaster, and JD Crowder. Other seniors that may play at the next level include Nico Patrick/6-2/210/C,3B; With more exposure and playing time as a starter for just about any other team Nico would have been a star catcher/3B on most 4A teams and may have some offers now. He was also a valuable player on the Eagles football team during his high school career. Ian Walters/6-4/220/LHP;1B; Has attended a national showcase and a member of Stix Red baseball and has been on winning club teams every summer. Not sure of any pending offers yet but will most probably play at the next level somewhere. Mason Green/5-8/155/IF; Good hitter and infielder. Played for Dallas Tigers Club baseball in summers. Won championship at DBU tournament. Has next level skill set. Needs more development. Not sure if he has any offers. Frank Russell/6-0/170/RHP,OF; Has seen limited playing time as a senior on this SC and NC team. Also played football for Argyle. Has athletic skill sets and good speed. Not sure of any offers to the next level. A dependable bench player for Argyle. I believe he pitches in relief situations.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 03:13 PM
There are 25 players on this year's Argyle Eagles Varsity Baseball team.....14 seniors, 7 juniors, 3 sophomores, and one highly talented freshman. As you can probably imagine.....it's not easy to make this team at the varsity level, much less become a starter. Congrats to all of these fine and talented players. Last year's varsity State Champion and National Champion team had 24 players and every player received a ring with a number "The 24" in black with a background in diamonds across the face.

Scoop27
05-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Brookshire Royal had to forfeit a district game because the Falcons didn't have 9 players to field team. They did not have a varsity team in 2018. Their only district win was against a weak Wharton Team. Brookshire doesn't have a little league program or a JV team

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Brookshire Royal had to forfeit a district game because the Falcons didn't have 9 players to field team. They did not have a varsity team in 2018. Their only district win was against a weak Wharton Team. Brookshire doesn't have a little league program or a JV team

Seems kind of strange being located so close to Katy. Must be alot of disinterest over there in their athletic programs and helping the youngsters with summer activities.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 06:40 PM
There's a 50/50 chance that Argyle could lose the coin flip and if that happens......one-gamer is coming. This could happen to a team like Argyle in the regional final if they win next week to advance. Those one-gamers are really tough......that's all you get in the Final Four. One mistake could easily end your season quickly.....esp. if it happens in the latter innings of a tight game.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Any team can win against any team at this juncture......even in a series. IF I was playing now in this kind of playoff format.....I'd be hoping for a series each matchup. Even if my team was playing Argyle.....I'd still want to play as many as possible. Unfortunately......coaches don't think that way, LOL. They will use whatever advantages they can to give the team any mental edge.....regardless of perception by others. However......some coaches will leave it up to the team to make that decision for themselves at this level. I like that course of action better......let the players decide their own path. I think a playoff high school baseball team in the 4th Round is totally capable of weighing their chances with some input and valuable information about their opponent from the coaching staff. IF I was a coach in this kind of scenario, I would definitely consult with the team before the coin flip, for sure.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Wow......just look at what Region 1 did for the semifinals. They have all the games scheduled at Abilene Christian University for both matchups on the same days.

Hereford(15-11-1) vs Iowa Park(31-2) @ 6 pm on Wednesday-Game 1
Canyon(22-9-1) vs Argyle(35-1-1) @ 8:30 pm on Wednesday -Game 1
Hereford vs Iowa Park @ 12 noon-Game 2. Hereford vs Iowa Park 30 min. thereafter-Game 3(if necessary)
Canyon vs Argyle @ 6 pm-Game 2. Canyon vs Argyle 30 min. thereafter-Game 3(if necessary)

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 08:40 PM
Canyon was the winner and #1 seed out of District 3. Hereford was the runner-up in District 3. They are only 30 miles apart.....so they must have agreed to share the expenses for travel to Abilene for this regional semifinal matchup for both teams. I don't know if this kind of arrangement has ever happened before in the playoffs.....but it makes sense and cents.....LOL. I hope the venue can support the fanbases that show up to watch these games......should make it all the more exciting.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 09:17 PM
Just as I suspected about the Canyon Eagles......they DO score lots of runs. In only 32 games played this season, Canyon has scored a total of 327 runs and allowed 168 runs. That's 10.22 runs/game scored folks.....but 5.25 runs/game allowed. Looks like an offensive team to me. Argyle has now played 37 games this season. Let's see what their numbers look like. Argyle has scored a total of 309 runs in 37 games for an average of 8.35 runs/game. They have allowed only 94 total runs this season, which is an average of 2.54 runs/game. So it appears Argyle has a better defense and pitching staff.....just looking at these numbers and not considering the schedule played for each team.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 09:24 PM
What should we assume from these numbers, Huh? We should assume Canyon has some good bats and can hit good pitching. Maybe they are also good on the basepaths and steal alot of bases. They might be good at bunting and moving the runners into scoring position, too(small ball). But probably not with these big numbers......they like to put the bat on the ball and must be free-swingers. You can get only so many runs off of walks.....but walks do allow for more plate appearances and extending innings....therefore more runs scored over a season. So overall.....they are a very good offensive team.....no doubt about it. Any way you spin the numbers, that's the answer you get....regardless of who they played.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Averaging over 8 runs scored/game for the season like Argyle has done is excellent. But averaging over 10 runs scored/game like Canyon has done is even better than that!! I'm sure these numbers will not be lost on Coach Griffin of Argyle.

regaleagle
05-19-2019, 09:35 PM
Wow......just look at what Region 1 did for the semifinals. They have all the games scheduled at Abilene Christian University for both matchups on the same days.

Hereford(15-11-1) vs Iowa Park(31-2) @ 6 pm on Wednesday-Game 1
Canyon(22-9-1) vs Argyle(35-1-1) @ 8:30 pm on Wednesday -Game 1
Hereford vs Iowa Park @ 12 noon-Game 2. Hereford vs Iowa Park 30 min. thereafter-Game 3(if necessary)
Canyon vs Argyle @ 6 pm-Game 2. Canyon vs Argyle 30 min. thereafter-Game 3(if necessary)

Games 2 and possibly 3 will be played on Thursday in both Semifinals.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Here we go with Round 4.....the Regional Semifinals this week. From 128 teams down to only 8 still playing for the right to advance to next week's Regional Finals. It all starts tonight in some regions......Wednesday night games. In Region 1 over at Abilene Christian University, Iowa Park vs Hereford in Game 1 starts at 6 pm. Then after that, Argyle vs Canyon in Game 1 starts about 8:30 pm tonight at the same venue......kinda cool, Huh? :cool:

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Then Game 2 for Iowa Park vs Hereford begins at 12 noon on Thursday.......and Game 3 thereafter, if necessary(at ACU in Abilene). Then we are not done yet at this venue. Argyle will play Canyon in Game 2 on Thursday starting at 6 pm and Game 3 thereafter, if necessary. It will all be settled by Thursday night in Region 1 who will advance to the Regional Finals. Then the long weekend for these two teams......actually for all 4 teams without baseball in the mix. Good scheduling for Region 1. And both series all at one venue for the fans to watch all games of the semifinals round. Not too shabby at all. Get your popcorn and root for your favorites. :1popcorn: Hoping for another Argyle sweep~~~:2thumbsup:smoker::wave:

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Ricker on the mound tonight for Argyle. Full count to lead off batter Olsen who has a .426 batting average. He walks the lead off man Olsen of Canyon.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Ricker is 9-0 on the season with 85 strike-outs on 63.33 innings for a 1.41 ERA on the season. He's also hit 3 home runs(one grand slam) and bats 4th in the lineup for Argyle.....even when he's pitching. When he's not pitching, he usually plays 1st base or wherever else they want to put him.....he's very versatile and can play every position.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Now back to back walk to start this game for Chad Ricker......he's done this before to start games, then settles down.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:35 PM
Now this next hitter up for Canyon has 10 homers on the year.....with 2 men on base. No balls and 2 strikes now to the 3rd hitter.....didn't get his name yet.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:39 PM
He strikes out Artho the 3rd hitter.....now Brent Cobb up with 11 homers on the season and a .404 average. Now Ricker picks off the runner Olsen at 2nd on a rundown between 2nd and 3rd. Two outs now and 2-2 to Cobb.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:42 PM
Inside ball 4.......the 3rd walk by Ricker to the first 4 hitters. Now James Sparks up......6 homers on the season and .326 batting avg. Good hitters with power in this Canyon lineup.....especially at the first of the lineup. 2 outs and 2 strikes.....3rd out on an infield popup......Argyle squashes a first inning threat by Canyon. Argyle coming to bat now.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:44 PM
No hits given up by Ricker and Argyle there......just 3 walks. Sparks is the pitcher for Canyon. Preston King leads off.....he's the 2nd baseman. His batting avg. is .366 with 2 homers on the season....one a grand slam. A check swing tapper to the mound for the first out by King. Now Dillon Carter(DC) up.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:47 PM
DC draws a walk.....now Brenden Dixon(Sunshine) up. Base hit thru the hole at 2nd. Runners at 1st and 2nd for Argyle now with Ricker up.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Sparks walks Ricker on 4 straight pitches.....loads the bases with Hayden Clearman coming to bat. Clearman is a contact hitter.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:50 PM
Liner to right field by Clearman as 2 runs score on an RBI single to right field.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:53 PM
Austin King at bat now for Argyle with runners at first and 2nd. Hard hit to 3rd baseman and they get the runner caught in a rundown. 2 outs now on Argyle. Gonzo up now. He flies out to left field for the final out in the inning.

Argyle 2
Canyon 0

End of 1st

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:54 PM
You can listen live to this game on Sportsgram.net Channel 9. Just hit the Listen Live button and tune in.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Ricker strikes out the first batter......now a shallow fly to center and Dillon Carter(DC) gets under it the 2nd out.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:56 PM
Ricker is working at a very quick pace now.....strike 3 for the 3rd out on 8 pitches. 2 K's that inning for Ricker on 7 pitches.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Cade Merka with a Texas leaguer to center field to lead off the inning. He's the 3b for Argyle. Now the DH Bo Hogeboom for Argyle from the right side.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Merka on first.....a high pop fly will be trouble for anybody.....and it drops in as the 2nd baseman calls off the 1st baseman.....the ball is foul.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Merka had a stolen base, but the ball was tipped foul by Hogeboom on that pitch. Full count now......ground ball slow hopper to SS, but Bo will have it beat. And now an errant throw goes out to right field.....runners advance. RBI ground out by Preston King scores Merka, but the SS gets the out at first.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Dillon Carter up again now.....one out. DC called out with a fast ball down the middle. DC is disgruntled walking back to the dugout.....he was looking for breaking pitch and got caught looking. Sunshine up now with 2 outs.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:04 PM
High fly ball to center field to end the inning. Argyle scores one and strands one.'

Argyle 3
Canyon 0
End of 2nd

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Popup in foul territory and nice play by 1st baseman Tate Van Poppel for the first out to the #9 hitter on one pitch.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:07 PM
A drive to right center by Olsen, but DC runs it down for another out. Now 2 outs for Ricker and Argyle.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Cash Hamby walks on 5 pitches. Clay Arthro up now.....Ricker makes the play on an infield blooper to end the inning. One man stranded on a walk by Ricker. Argyle coming back up to bat in the bottom of the 3rd.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Ricker leading off this inning.....walked his first time up. Has 5 homers on the season. 3-1 to Ricker now. Ball 4....lead off walk to Ricker.

regaleagle
05-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Clearman up now.....2 RBI single last time up. Squares to bunt, but a ball.