PDA

View Full Version : Everman

GlenRosePoster
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
After seeing Everman play last Friday night, I feel they have a good shot at the state championship again this year. I cannot see how Kennedale could have possibly beat Everman. Everman is very physical and very athletic. The only thing I see holding Everman back is lack of experience and leadership at the QB position. As for Kennedale, I expect another early exit. If they come up against a good spread offense like Decatur they are in trouble.

Catfan
11-14-2003, 12:37 AM
hmmm, in reply, have you heard how many have said, "i don't see how Glen Rose could have beat Kennedale". It is high school football, and anything can happen on any given friday night. In your instance it was called not prepared to play. To face another spread offense you can bet Kennedale will be prepared. Everman has a great team, I say Burnett will have their hands full, actually to full, but in kennedale vs Everman, it is called rivalry. All stats, records, etc....are out the window.

CatsDen
11-14-2003, 07:28 AM
It's nice to know that some of the Glen Rose fans are still hanging around after their season ended. :D I agree that Everman looks great and is still my favorite to win State in D1. Like Catfan explained, Kennedale was not focused on Glen Rose, but the loss may have served a great purpose. The Wildcats are more focused now, than at any time during the regular season. If you think that the coaching staff in Kennedale has not addressed the Spread offense and pass defense, you're not giving them any credit. You can believe that they are well prepared for that now. I still say - it's nice to see that Glen Rose is "supporting" their district into the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Matthew328
11-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Yes it is called a rivalry....against us (Everman) Kennedale played like absolute studs...of the other games I've seen of Kennedale they haven't looked near as good as they did against us....I guess we just bring out the best in Kennedale..LOL

CatsDen
11-14-2003, 08:10 AM
I think the entire area gets electric for the whole week leading up to the Everman-Kennedale games! Everman definetly brings out the best in Kennedale...it's the biggest game of the regular season without a doubt

this is the way we ball
11-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Matthew328:
Yes it is called a rivalry....against us (Everman) Kennedale played like absolute studs...of the other games I've seen of Kennedale they haven't looked near as good as they did against us....I guess we just bring out the best in Kennedale..LOLWhich game did you see?

Ladykat5
11-14-2003, 01:05 PM
I think Kennedale looked pretty good against Crandall. I dont it will be an early loss. Any game could be anyones game. It all depends on how you play. Most people expected us to beat Ballinger last year but we didnt. Its how much determination and endurance to win you have. If we got up against Decatur it could really be anyones game b/c we are both talented teams. I dont know if my opinion makes any sense at all but thats how I view things! Good luck tomorrow cats!!!! God bless everyone and be safe.

Stu Pidass
11-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Sour Grapes......

Matthew328
11-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Sour Grapes from who? me? I just call it like I see it...I've seen film of 3 Kennedale games and saw em in person agianst Everman...against Everman they play GREAT and deserve to win..then in other games they look good..like I said I guess Everman brings out the best in Kennedale...

GlenRosePoster
11-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Sorry, let me rephrase...
Talent wise Everman should have blown Kennedale off the field, but Kennedale was more prepared than Everman. They had the incentive of knocking off the state champs, along with a potential district championship on the line. Obviously Kennedale wanted it more, and it showed. It was a great win for Kennedale and they surely deserved it. This was the same case in the Kennedale GR game. Talent wise Kennedale was largely superior to GR, but GR had the incentives of knocking off the no 5 team in the state, a district championship on the line, and a playoff berth. In this game GR clearly had the better gameplan and executed it very well.

Im just trying to say that on their best nights Everman is much better than Kennedale and Kennedale is better than Glen Rose.
I take back the comment of Kennedale being in trouble if they face a good spread offense. Coach Barrett and his staff seem to be very good coaches and I'm sure they have already done something about it.

Catfan
11-14-2003, 08:34 PM
glenroseposter, I want to thank you for your comments, and i understand what you are saying, i mean NO disrespect to Venus in any way, but i honestly think Glen Rose deserved the third playoff spot over Venus. If Kennedale played every team with the emotion they play Everman, and Glen Rose in turn played with the same emotion they played Kennedale, no telling how things would be. Everman needs no motivation, their talent as stated speaks for itself. They have an awesome program and it shows each friday night. Thanks again and thanks for still being here for support.....