PDA

View Full Version : Army All-American game. East wins.

j_dog
01-05-2003, 10:37 PM
I went to the game. West got whipped good, 47 to 3. Drew Tate, Baytown, played most of the game at QB for the West. Jorrie Adams, Jasper, played the whole game at OT. The West looked good at times, just couldn't quite get it done.

<small>[ January 05, 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

Chris Hart
01-05-2003, 11:34 PM
j_dog, I watched the second half of the game. I believe Drew Tate is highly overrated, but Jorrie Adams played very well from what I saw of the game, only missing one block on a blitz. Jasper should be very proud of Jorrie, he is a great player and a good kid also.

j_dog
01-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Yes, Jasper is proud of Jorrie. He is a once in a lifetime player for a school the size of Jasper. He apparently is now down to picking between Texas, Texas A&M, LSU and Florida. I am very happy for him to be getting some national recognition.

Chris, the East did put a lot of pressure on Tate, but somehow he did not make the connections on the long passes. I have to agree with you from what I saw. I think either Burnet's or Jasper's QB could have done a much better job. Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty better pure passers than Mitchell, but I think he might have been a lot stronger because he could have run the ball much better than Tate did when pressured. They only had a week to put together a "passing" offense and that obviously was not enough time.

whtfbplaya
01-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Is there a site for this game. ie rosters, stats, result.

j_dog
01-08-2003, 09:11 PM
whtfbplaya:
Is there a site for this game. ie rosters, stats, result.The roster was posted at:

www.hs-allstars.com (http://www.hs-allstars.com)

I don't know if they have added stats and results.

southern_thunder
01-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Whats amazing to me is how Jorrie can be selected to play in a National Allstar game, USA today Highschool All-American, and 3A offensive player of the Year, but not be selected as an all State Player.

Really gives creditation to the All State selections.

j_dog
01-09-2003, 05:52 PM
southern_thunder:
Whats amazing to me is how Jorrie can be selected to play in a National Allstar game, USA today Highschool All-American, and 3A offensive player of the Year, but not be selected as an all State Player.

Really gives creditation to the All State selections.No, it DIScredits the AP selectors. Normally their overlooking good players would go unnoticed, but Jorrie has brought the bright light of day on their picking abilities.

Red Bryant of Jasper is another good case. He is being recuited, per the Jasper paper, by Arkansas, Colorado, Texas A&M, UT-Austin, Penn State, LSU, and Notre Dame. His play earned this kind of notice by all these Div I schools, yet he did not even get "honorable mention" on the AP all-state! Not to knock those players picked ahead of Jorrie and Red, but if they are all truly more deserving of all-state honors, they must really be awesome!

pinecone
01-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Glad to see there are still some Jasper posters using the 3A DownLow board. The editor of the Jasper Newsboy was just as perplexed as anyone about the omissions of Adams and Bryant. He said in an editorial that he was told that someone had to write a flowery letter to the AP expounding on the capabilities of a certain player for that player to be considered. He does not subscribe to the AP so I don't know who should have done the letter writing. The Coach? That doesn't seem right. Anyway you look at it, the AP didn't do their homework. Adams got banged up pretty badly in ankles during the Cameron game
and had a bad showing the following game against
Bridge City, limping all over the field. He was not his usual against Burnet either, so that may have hurt him some, but we were told that the AP was only considering regular season games and Adams and Bryant were awesome during that time.
At least Adams wasn't overlooked by Dave Campbell as he was named the 3A Player Of The Year by Texas Football magazine. He doesn't have to share that honor with anyone. All other classifications (5A, 4A, etc.) had QB's, running backs, or receivers chosen. And Bryant is getting other honors too, such as the 2002 Super Gold Defensive Player of the Year by the Beaumont Enterprise. That would put him at the top of all classifications 1A - 5A from several counties in the area.

blahblah
01-10-2003, 05:54 PM
cool