PDA

View Full Version : Someone send me a PM when the Burnet bashing is over.

HotDawg89
12-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Congrats to Gainesville on a very deserving win. You are definately the better team this year. No excuses can or should be made for anything.

Thanks to Everman for their tremendous support last night. It was awesome what you did for our guys- we are so blessed to have a town of friends like you!

Thank you thank you thank you to my beautiful Bulldogs in Green and White. What a great year! Two in a row. 28-2 for the last two years is darn sure nothing to be ashamed of! We love you guys and we are so proud of you all!

Good luck to Marlin and I hope you guys blow them out of the water next week! I'll be cheering for you!

When the few that like to poke fun at the losing team get done having their little party- would someone please send me a PM so that I can come back to the board? Cause if I have to continue to read about how everyone is so glad to see Burnet get knocked down a few notches and how we have such unclassy fans (when we typically wrote the book on classy fans in my opinion), and on and on and on.. I'm gonna puke.

It was hard enough to walk away for a second year without that title, but to get on a board that feels like home and have everyone trash us is another thing entirely. Talk about kicking someone when they are down. How classy are you now?

See ya guys- I can lose gracefully- but I feel like my fingernails are being pulled off and dumped in alcohol. talk about no respect.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Don't leave Hotdawg89 - because then THEY win. The majority of us know who's on the "up and up"!

HotDawg89
12-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Ranger Mom:
Don't leave Hotdawg89 - because then THEY win. The majority of us know who's on the "up and up"!You are ever so sweet Ranger Mom. :) I am just crushed that we lost, but Gainesville was so awesome, it is hard not to see that they really deserved that win. I had just hoped that the only people rubbing it in would be Gainesville. Being on top kind of sucks huh? :rolleyes: You get all the hype and publicity, and all you really want is the title. :confused: So when you don't get it- people have all this fun at your expense.

lotus67
12-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Ditto Hotdawg89,bout ready to write this messageboard off

sinton66
12-14-2003, 07:55 PM
I have a question for you HotDawg89. Just who was it that was on here two weeks ago saying she hoped her team put 100 points on my Sinton Pirates? Is that your definition of "writing the book on class"? There's an old saying that what goes around comes around. I was there rooting for Burnet despite all the hateful bashing you and some of your other fans did toward Sinton the week before our game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is expect to take some lumps when you're guilty of dishing it out during the season.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2003, 08:01 PM
sinton66:
I have a question for you HotDawg89. Just who was it that was on here two weeks ago saying she hoped her team put 100 points on my Sinton Pirates? Is that your definition of "writing the book on class"? There's an old saying that what goes around comes around. I was there rooting for Burnet despite all the hateful bashing you and some of your other fans did toward Sinton the week before our game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is expect to take some lumps when you're guilty of dishing it out during the season.Well hell!!! I guess I missed that one! I give up, I think I am going to take a break for a while and get into the Christmas spirit and spend some time with my family. When I come back football will be over and hopefully all this crap will be over.

Naw.....I will probably be back here tomorrow! :p

HotDawg89
12-14-2003, 08:53 PM
sinton66:

I guess what I'm trying to say is expect to take some lumps when you're guilty of dishing it out during the season.Actually, that was me- I'm talking about class at football games friend. I was also the first person on this board to talk about how great a team Sinton had. I belive- and you can go back and check that is the very first time I EVER dished anything out. I also was very clear wehy I was doing so. Making a team drive 4 hours, and through your town to go to a playoff venue is in poor taste if you ask me. So I had a weak moment. I was chastisted plenty that day when I took a swing. I make ammends when I screw up and I am a big girl and can stand up and apologize when needed. Besides, I said very clearly that it was not the team or the fans that I was upset with, it was administration. But attacking a team is personal.

sinton66
12-14-2003, 09:18 PM
You missed my point entirely. The topic of this thread was "Pm me when the Burnet bashing is done".

1. I don't think any more or less of you in particular for your comments. Your comments were only a very small example to illustrate the point.
2. YOUR administrator has no class. He made a public statement based on a "suspicion". When did he become able to read our staff's minds?
3. FIVE of your fans bashed the hell out of Sinton based on his statement.
4. Practically every old "sage" on this board tried to tell yall you were being ridiculous. And this includes one of our administrators.
5. Two of your star players engaged in racial slurs during the game.(I don't care whether all of you continue to deny this, I know it is true, and so does gofor2).

EVERYBODY gets frustrated when things don't go the way we plan. It's how we react to adversity that defines class, not some "book" someone thinks they wrote.

My comments are not directed at the entire Burnet community, but toward a selected few who engage in mindless trash talking. You cannot expect people to treat you with class if you don't do likewise.

Jacket2000
12-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Isn't this the same thing that happened last year? Burnet fans seem to be great at dishin' it out, but not so good at takin' it.
For 15 weeks, we all had to put up with the classless posting from MOST(not all, but most) of the Burnet posters. So, now it's time to eat your crow. So tell me...how was that breakfast Sunday mornin'?
J2K

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Ouch...I feel like I've been spanked!!
Can't we all be friends.....??? We all love football and yes, it makes us crazy, but it should stop now. Everyone has said something that could be considered "thrash talking".
I thought it was all in good fun, but it seems to be going over the line! Come on......let's be the adults we know we can be!

Rabbit'93
12-15-2003, 01:02 AM
HotDawg89:
[QUOTE] Making a team drive 4 hours, and through your town to go to a playoff venue is in poor taste if you ask me. So why wasn't everyone making a big fuss this week? I can't recall anyone making a comment about driving up to Dallas.

There's been plenty said about some of Gville's fans. I think several Burnet posters need to take a break until they can fully digest the loss. I still think soo many of you believed you guys had this thing wrapped up that you're having a hard time dealing.

On the other hand there have been several Burnet poster who have been great olddawggreen & greatbigburnetfan just to name two. These guys get it.

SINTON81
12-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Jacket2000:
Isn't this the same thing that happened last year? Burnet fans seem to be great at dishin' it out, but not so good at takin' it.
For 15 weeks, we all had to put up with the classless posting from MOST(not all, but most) of the Burnet posters. So, now it's time to eat your crow. So tell me...how was that breakfast Sunday mornin'?
J2KYes it is Jacket2000, I said in another post that 99% of the posters from Burnet are classy people, But there is the other 1% that just rub you the wrong way. If the latter are going to talk trash the least they could do is eat crow it when it is being served. Although I must say, I think the ones that were really talking alot of trash have not been heard of lately.

Kind of like charmin toilet tissue compared to generic toilet tissue, generic just rubs you the wrong way. :D :D :D

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

lotus67
12-15-2003, 01:12 AM
<small>[ December 15, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: lotus67 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-15-2003, 01:16 AM
lotus67:
I would like to tell all you people in here that are haters where to stick it,where to go and what to do with yourself but I wont drop to your standards :D :D :D Lotus weren't you the one calling out an 8th grader on another thread. What standards?

SINTON81
12-15-2003, 01:20 AM
Rabbit'93:

lotus67:
I would like to tell all you people in here that are haters where to stick it,where to go and what to do with yourself but I wont drop to your standards :D :D :D Lotus weren't you the one calling out an 8th grader on another thread. What standards?Ahha lotus, they caught you before you could edit. Shame, shame, shame. :D :D (I love these smiely things.)

lotus67
12-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey,I didnt know he was a kid,he talks a big line for a kid .If you got a problem.....................?

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: lotus67 ]</small>

lotus67
12-15-2003, 01:29 AM
I had to edit, in-law typed in when i left the keyboard to take a rr break,but i was too late.SORRY :confused:

lotus67
12-15-2003, 01:33 AM
I wasnt callin anyone out just stating truth.

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 09:44 AM
sinton66:
You missed my point entirely. The topic of this thread was "Pm me when the Burnet bashing is done".

1. I don't think any more or less of you in particular for your comments. Your comments were only a very small example to illustrate the point.
2. YOUR administrator has no class. He made a public statement based on a "suspicion". When did he become able to read our staff's minds?
3. FIVE of your fans bashed the hell out of Sinton based on his statement.
4. Practically every old "sage" on this board tried to tell yall you were being ridiculous. And this includes one of our administrators.
5. Two of your star players engaged in racial slurs during the game.(I don't care whether all of you continue to deny this, I know it is true, and so does gofor2).

EVERYBODY gets frustrated when things don't go the way we plan. It's how we react to adversity that defines class, not some "book" someone thinks they wrote.

My comments are not directed at the entire Burnet community, but toward a selected few who engage in mindless trash talking. You cannot expect people to treat you with class if you don't do likewise.#1...Thank you for pointing out my ONE negative comment after being at this board for two years. I'm sure you have probably never made one.

#2...That is your opinion, and I said the same thing about your admin's so????? There is nothing I can do about our Admin's not working together, but I can and did gripe about it.

#3... I bashed the administration, I clearly said in my statement my comments were not directed toward the fans or the players.

#4... touche~

#5... and this is hard to swallow-
I didn't know that racial slurs were thrown by our team at the game with Sinton. That surprises me, and then again, it doesn't.

Have you taken a look at Burnet? They are for the most part of bunch of white kids who have grown up in a town of white kids. My husband, for example, had little respect for minorities until he joined the service and moved away from Burnet. He sure sees things differently now. Diversity is hard to teach in a town who has very little of it. I, on the other hand, grew up in a very diverse community, and have never had a problem with minorities. Still, it surprises me that our "team" would stoop so low. That is uncalled for. But I can't apologize for a couple of filthy mouthed kids who should have been suspended in my opinion. I wonder though, if any of Sinton's team has ever done any talking? Not saying it was provoked, but trash happens both ways. I'm sure our boys were not the first or the last to do so in any given situation. Still though, it doesn't make it right.

Am I frustrated that we lost... oddly, not really. I'm dissappointed, it's hard not to be. Lots of things in my life have not gone as planned, you learn to deal with the old ..."anything can happen" thing. I heard Bob Shipley tell our boys after they lost that "Losing a game is hard, losing anything in life that you wanted is hard, but it is how you handle the loss that is going to determine what kind of man you become." Losing teaches character, and humility.

And J2K, I didn't have to eat crow, thank you. I never said, even one time this year that Burnet would "take it all" or beat anyone badly. I said a few times I hoped we did, but never said we would. I never said we couldn't lose.

Gainesville played a great ball game, and they deserved to win it. PERIOD. They were a better team than the Bulldogs.

sinton66
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
1. On the contrary, anyone who was on here from the time I joined can tell you I spent the first six weeks on here apologizing and explaining what I meant to say.
2. Our admin didn't make a public statement about your admin's "hidden agenda".
5. Thank you, you are the only Burnet poster to express any regret over this situation, and I commend you for that. As for my Pirates running their mouthes,I'm sure ours aren't perfect little angels either, but I can also tell you that if our staff catches them at it, they will run until the meanness leaves on it's own, and they know that fact well.

I hope the select five posters (the original five I was referring to did not include you) from Burnet will learn a lesson from all this as Jasper did last year. What adults seem to have trouble grasping is that our kids take their cues from us, the adults around them. Don't kid yourselves into believing they don't read these things or hear what you're saying about them. If we convince them they are invincible, doesn't that make it much harder on them if they fail?

Peace be with you HotDawg89, and may you have a merry holiday season.

HotDawg89
12-15-2003, 02:57 PM
sinton66:
Peace be with you HotDawg89, and may you have a merry holiday season.You too my friend.

bulldogvet85
12-15-2003, 03:50 PM
I was just curious how was the breakfast thing on sun. morning? did it even happen after all?

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2003, 05:55 PM
bulldogvet85:
I was just curious how was the breakfast thing on sun. morning? did it even happen after all?Yep it happened

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Jacket2000:
J2Kamen

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Burnet Dawg06:

bulldogvet85:
I was just curious how was the breakfast thing on sun. morning? did it even happen after all?Yep it happened...good for you!! Why not celebrate? I mean, being a State finalist is AWESOME!! I would have celebrated for us to even be in the playoffs this year!!! :D :D
Hold your heads up high and your coach said it right....it's more important on how you conduct yourselves afterwards, that is what you will be remembered for..... :)