PDA

View Full Version : Wills Point

WpSr03
10-31-2002, 11:57 PM
I notice that noone really picks WP for anything in the playoffs... Is everyone convinced that we will lose Bi-district to Forney? We have been in the top 10 for awhile, and are steadily pushing our way closer and closer to the top 5 in nearly every poll with each consecutive victory (and shutout btw). Is it that very few speculators on here have seen WP play, or is it maybe that WP is a new name to a lot of ppl as far as having a top team? Hard to believe, but as high as they are in the eyes of so many polls, WP still looks to be a sleeper in the playoffs. And, despite what ppl say, our defense is NOT mediocre. Definately above par, our defense may be extremely weak, but we are on track to shutout the entire district. That is awesome, no matter the district. We have not given up one key play to another offense, and that's something that just about every good team does at some point during district, hell more than once! And our offense? Wp's offense HAS to be one of the best defenses in the state, we can score from anywhere at anytime, and as often as we like... I want to hear from others on this subject, so go ahead, don't be shy wink

WpSr03
10-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Correction: Has to be one of the best OFFENSES in the state... Also, something a lot of ppl don't realize is that this group of guys, the seniors, have been a winning team since 7th grade. Even in their first 2 years of school ball, they only gave up 2 losses, both to the same team. My point is, these guys win games, they are used to it, and I fully believe they will utilize their talent in ANY way needed to pull a W in ANY game against ANY team...

jason
11-01-2002, 09:26 AM
WP-2nd Round - Forney - Shutout Streak OVER - Season-Over

Owen B
11-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Since both Matthew and Jacket have Wills Point ranked higher than Forney, I imagine that means that they would pick Wills Point to win, if the game were this week. Wills Point and Forney fans think their own team will win it. Most other folks I've seen have just said it would be a good game, with the winner having a good chance of taking the region.

Jimbotex40
11-01-2002, 09:47 AM
wpSR03: why speak of yourself in third person. we all know by your login name that you are from Wills Point, and that you will graduate in 2003, which means that when you were speaking of these seniors, you really are speaking of yourself

justanopinion
11-01-2002, 09:53 AM
This game is really just going to depend on how well Forney's D can adjust to the passing game of WP. If Forney continues to play the weak coverage they are in right now then WP will take the game. But I know of some changes they are making so I look for it to be the most evenly matched playoff game for these teams until they reach regionals.

Jimbotex40
11-01-2002, 09:59 AM
nice creecy

cajun1
11-01-2002, 10:07 AM
Good Morning, Wills Point/Forney fans the play-off's are getting close now and the answer will get here so enough so just hold on to your pants.
This will be a good game but, by WPSR03 this is not just a senior team there are underclass man that play on this team as well that are just as good as some of the seniors they just don't get much playing time. Wills Point will also have a good team next year but, we will need some linemen to replace the one's that are seniors this year.
Good Luck to the Tiger's and Jack Rabbit's!
The play-off will get here so enough guys....

agrabfan
11-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Your team will be judged on how it performs in the
playoffs, because that is what it is all about.
WP does have a good team, but the district you are
in this year is the worst collection of teams that I have ever seen. If you don't shut them all out, you should be ashamed. As far as rankings are concerned, they have no redeeming value at all. They are just for conversation, and besides that, most polls are conducted by sportswriters that know nothing about high school football ( especially 3A ) Matthew and Jacket are exceptions to that, of course.

Being a Forney fan, I am not looking forward to playing WP in the first round. However, in my humble opinion, we will beat you if we play our normal game. I will not be surprised, however, if the game goes the other way.

By the way, I have a nephew that plays for WP and I have seen you play once this year. You do have some good athletes and if you finish 10-1, that is a good year.

jason
11-01-2002, 10:49 AM
10-1 would be losing in the first round. They'll lose in the second so 11-1. Hey Jimbo, is justanopinion creecy from ur class??

Fletch
11-01-2002, 02:28 PM
WpSr03,

The lack of respect is probably due to the poor competetion you have faced this year. Your opponents have a collective record of 21-43 and only one has a winning record. Your next two opponents will both probably have losing records also. Strength of schedule is not in your favor.

agrabfan
11-01-2002, 03:51 PM
Jason, Forney and WP play in the first round. So,
are you saying that WP will beat Forney and then
lose the next game?

SkandarAkbar
11-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Jimbo, I dont think that WPSR03's comments were in third person because he has stated several times that he is not a member of the WP football team; therefore, when speaking of the football team he would say "these seniors", meaning the seniors who are playing football for WP.

Jason, how do you figure WP will lose to Forney? You used the Madison game as a common factor to say that Forney would beat W-H easily because Forney beat Madison worse than W-H did. So, therefore, the one common opponent Forney and Wills Point have is Mabank. Wills Point beat Mabank worse than Forney beat Mabank, so therefore using your calculations Wills Point already has this game won.

Jimbotex40
11-01-2002, 06:20 PM
sorry skandar akbar: i do not take notes as to what everyone has posted on this website. i have a life beyond HS football. i have never heard wpsr03 state that he did not play for the team.

and as for jason, he was using the margin of victory in an actual close game versus a blowout. we beat madison by 29 and Hutch beat them by 2.

and in the case of wills point/mabank and forney/mabank. after forney has a game won we actually take out our starters and play the second string, wills point, however, shows no mercy. last week vs. canton, they left in their starting D in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left and one of the starting DB's (which happens to be Jake their QB) picked off a pass and run it back for a TD.

thus the essence of margin of victory in close games, as to oppose to a blowout in which margin of victory does not matter as long as you win by 25 or so.