PDA

View Full Version : Phil C would be proud

Cat22
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Phil I went and watched a GIRLS basketball game last night and the gym was packed. Probably the largest crowd in the gym in 10 years or more (including boys games). Actually the girls have always drawn larger crowds than the boys. As far as the game the #20 ranked Orangefield Lady Cats beat the #11 ranked Kountze Lionettes 43-34. It was a exciting game with the outcome not decided until late in the forth guarter. This Orangefield girls team is very good and fun to watch. With only three seniors on this team and three freshman that contribute alot they should be good for the next few years. These freshman won the senior division Little Dribblers National Tournament last year. Future looks bright for the Lady Cats.

Old No. 7
12-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Congrats to the Cats. Hope they go all the way! :)

Phil C
12-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Very good Cat! I am very proud. The future looks bright in Orangefield Ladies' basketball both in this year and the next few years to come. I went to a basketball game last night between the Sinton Lady Pirates and the Incarnate Word Academy Angels (IWA) and saw a great game. It went into overtime but IWA had a chance to win it but missed two free throws with 1.12 seconds left in the game during regulation. In overtime Sinton got a one point lead in the last minute then two fouls and 4 free throws in the last minute won for the Lady Pirates. It was a great game well played by both teams but the Lady Pirates fought and won. They were 8 points behind at the half and fought back and won even though their best player fouled out.

Keith7
12-10-2003, 12:04 PM
He should be proud of me too cuz my little brother needed a ride to watch a girls basketball game so i took him.. but i got out of there as soon as i could, I almost fell asleep just looking into the gym

Phil C
12-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Very good Keith. Keep it up. There is hope for you yet! Next time go into the gym and stay for the first five minutes of the game. :)

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2003, 12:10 PM
i make it a point to try to go the girls basketball games in the neighborhood that i work in. All the players go into my store, so i have gotten to know them. They (TM) have this diamond of a player, Torres, who put in 31 against Sinton and last night, against Mathis, put up 24. I believe she will be the front runner for District MVP. Their games for the past 2 weeks... have been better than their male counterparts, mainly because their play seems so effortless, they truly are amazing to watch.

Keith7
12-10-2003, 12:14 PM
I used to go, because they played before the guys basketball games, and if you wanted to get a good seat for the guys games you had to be there by half time of the girls games

Cat22
12-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Old No. 7:
Congrats to the Cats. Hope they go all the way! :) Thanks for the support Old 7. I miss the days when Kirbyville was in our district. I would much rather drive to Kirbyville than all the way to Anahuac. Who knows, maybe next year we will be in the same district again.

Old Cardinal
12-10-2003, 03:15 PM
To Cat 22....Boy you are right, OF has a girls Basketball team and even a better one, in the making. OF is having one of the best overall sports years in many seasons. I think the Boy's baseball and the Girls Softball may make the playoff also.

Cat22
12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Cat 22....Boy you are right, OF has a girls Basketball team and even a better one, in the making. OF is having one of the best overall sports years in many seasons. I think the Boy's baseball and the Girls Softball may make the playoff also.Old Card you're right it has been a good year so far in Orangefield, I hope it continues. Orangefield has a good shot of making the playoffs in girls basketball and softball. The baseball team should be better this year, but this district is so tough. I think they may have a shot at third place with Bridge City and Buna battling for the top spot. It would be a great year if Orangefield made the playoffs in four team sports.
Keep an eye on this girls basketball team for the next few years. These Freshmen did not lose a game in Jr. High. I think they have a real good chance of going deep in the playoffs in the next couple of years.

Old Cardinal
12-10-2003, 06:22 PM
On those predictions on Girls basketball, I know that Hardin-Jefferson has some good 9th graders also and their 8th grades appear to be really exceptional. Outside of H-J, OF has clear sailing for a while.