PDA

View Full Version : AP Poll Informed??

o'cowboy
09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
I was looking my local newspapers AP top 10, which also list "others receiving votes" which Rice Consd. has been geting votes every week. This week they did not receive any and Cuero received 3.which had not received any up to that point. Saturday in the state wide scores I saw a misprint on a score that had Cuero 22 and Rice 6, which should have been Rice 46 and Cuero 22. My question is did the AP Voters think that Cuero upset Rice or what. I think that these (maybe not all that would be generalizing) voters are not all that well informed and that polls are fun for us fans to talk about but not all that accurate. Rice is a good team that is from our district that will win region IV Diviision II. They have a good line and a lot of speed. and have all but 8 players from a team that lost to Bandera in playoffs by less than 1 TD.

Chief Woodman
09-09-2003, 09:00 AM
As hard as anyone can try. no poll can be totally informed. Even Matthew on this site cannot be at every 3A game on every Friday night. Thus, some information has to be presumed or taken into account without all the facts. This eventually leads to errors no matter how hard you try. End result? Polls are good conversatioin starters, but do not put any points on the scoreboard. A team should never get too up or too down because of what a poll says.