PDA

View Full Version : Sinton AD/HC Tom Allen to retire

pirate4state
12-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Per Matt’s Twitter announcement (from my tip) Coach Allen has announced his retirement. He will remain on until a replacement has been found. This is a huge loss for our community. Coach Allen always said he would retire from Sinton; none of us thought it would be this early. Life is not fair. He would be the first to give us a great speech about how to handle the tough breaks life hands us. He is a great man, and a great coach! We will miss him and continue to keep him & his family in our prayers.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Sinton has some good groups coming up to go along with next years juniors and seniors. Sinton did very well under Coach Tom Allen at the helm, new coach should have some good kids to work with.

Coach Allen praying for him to beat his illness.

Matthew328
12-30-2018, 09:17 PM
Per Matt’s Twitter announcement (from my tip) Coach Allen has announced his retirement. He will remain on until a replacement has been found. This is a huge loss for our community. Coach Allen always said he would retire from Sinton; none of us thought it would be this early. Life is not fair. He would be the first to give us a great speech about how to handle the tough breaks life hands us. He is a great man, and a great coach! We will miss him and continue to keep him & his family in our prayers.

Its good to have sources :)

Old Green
01-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Prayers for Coach Allen. Great inspiration for kids everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SINTON81
01-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Any news on Coach Allen's replacement? At this point in time, I'll accept rumors and or gossip. :D

griff
02-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Sinton has some good groups coming up to go along with next years juniors and seniors. Sinton did very well under Coach Tom Allen at the helm, new coach should have some good kids to work with.

Coach Allen praying for him to beat his illness.

Illness? I was not aware. What is he battling?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Illness? I was not aware. What is he battling?
Multiple System Atrophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mGZG1m5XxE

SintonFan_inAustin
02-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Any news on Coach Allen's replacement? At this point in time, I'll accept rumors and or gossip. :D

i'll start with the rumors/gossip best one i've heard and i like that rumor :) if true. Brent Davis.

Now the actual postings so far:

Rudy at SanPat News
@rdy1114
23h23 hours ago
More
Per Sinton ISD Superintendent Dr. Chad Jones, they will interview 12 applicants during first round and call back approximately three finalists. Should things work out like clockwork they could make hire at February Board meeting. If not will probably be March.

Matthew328
02-01-2019, 09:15 PM
i'll start with the rumors/gossip best one i've heard and i like that rumor :) if true. Brent Davis.

Now the actual postings so far:

Rudy at SanPat News
@rdy1114
23h23 hours ago
More
Per Sinton ISD Superintendent Dr. Chad Jones, they will interview 12 applicants during first round and call back approximately three finalists. Should things work out like clockwork they could make hire at February Board meeting. If not will probably be March.

Davis is a pipe dream...they can't pay him what he's making in San Angelo....if Davis was involved I promise you they wouldn't be interviewing a dozen candidates.....things can change quickly but as of now I'd say that dream isn't happening

SintonFan_inAustin
02-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Davis is a pipe dream...they can't pay him what he's making in San Angelo....if Davis was involved I promise you they wouldn't be interviewing a dozen candidates.....things can change quickly but as of now I'd say that dream isn't happening

Heard from several he is interested in coming back, but some demands will have to be met and they're positive ones for the kids. Wait and see how it goes with the applicants if they go that route.

sinfan75
02-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Heard from several he is interested in coming back, but some demands will have to be met and they're positive ones for the kids. Wait and see how it goes with the applicants if they go that route.I highly doubt Davis comes back but it's nice to know they are not just going to hire in house.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-20-2019, 12:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqPfBpbTqE

SintonFan_inAustin
04-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Offseason workouts https://twitter.com/SintonFootball/status/1114435428025868289