PDA

View Full Version : 4A-D1 Texas High School Championship: Liberty Hill vs La Vega

LHPfactory
12-16-2018, 08:47 PM
A Date with Destiny, (13-1) Liberty Hill vs (13-2) La Vega for the 4A Division 1 Title.

These two programs have locked horns for the past few years and La Vega has won all the previous contest. This years Liberty Hill team is very strong and Determined, this was shown by ending the longest active streak in all of Texas HS football and downing the mighty Carthage Bulldogs.

Both Teams POUND THE ROCK, What? running teams are not supposed to go to state championships in the days of the king air raid offenses, this is preposterous......

Well all the air raid spreads are all now playing basketball in the gym on wood, where it belongs.

Only 2 very fundamental football teams remain for 2018, The Panthers and Pirates.

I am personally attached to this Liberty Hill team with the strongest of bonds as I have 2 Sons playing on the team along with the fact that I was blessed to coach these kids in either youth tackle football, Lineman challenge, and 7on7, some in all 3. They are my Football Children and I am beyond proud of them.

I of course am confident in Liberty Hill bringing home the Title and will LEAVE A LEGACY !!!

Rocket Man
12-16-2018, 09:45 PM
I think you know I have immense respect for you & LH; nonetheless, I believe LV will win this game.

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Sticking with my pick em team, LH...

panfan
12-16-2018, 10:38 PM
LH can win, but must execute at the high est level. LV too talented to not be absolutely perfect.

hollywood
12-17-2018, 12:44 AM
Great story LHPfactory! I know you must be proud. Beat of luck to you, your sons and football sons. Looking for a great game. I really think LH will have some success due to how well they execute and the rate of speed and quickness the execution is. But man, LV is on a level that’s just hard to stop. You never know how the ball will bounce. Looking for a great SC game. I plan to be there early!

regaleagle
12-17-2018, 02:23 AM
I voted Too Close to Call because even though it appears La Vega has more speed at more positions and some very huge linemen, I believe Liberty Hill has something special driving this team to victories this season. I also believe that special teams, turnovers, and penalties(called or missed) could all play a role in this game......that it will be very close. Obviously La Vega is very talented, but also very young and prone to making mistakes moreso than a more seasoned bunch......not saying they will......but are just more prone to especially in a game for the SC. LH will need to hold onto the ball and play with the same tenacity that they have in the playoffs and all year to win, IMHO. La Vega definitely will present serious problems for any defense to stop the entire game, but a ground and pound team like LH may be just what the doctor ordered against the Pirates.

Celina8
12-17-2018, 08:34 AM
Welcome back Hollywood and Regal as we missed you last week participating, but happy to see you back for this weeks big game and I enjoy both of yours insight ! With that said I have no clue which team is going to come home with the title as i see this game as a toss up. La Vega has speed and size per others description and Liberty Hill has a power with their offensive line and running backs with quickness on defense. I am going to have to study on this game some more.

Bosqueville
12-17-2018, 11:09 AM
La Vega by at least 2 TD's. I believe this team is the best they've ever had and the scary thing is they are young, very young. This team will be back next year almost fully intact.

d0tc0m
12-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Looking at La Vega, it appears that they are quite a bit more athletic across the board than Carthage was — save for Dixon — but not nearly as versatile, from what I've seen. Their offensive/defensive lines are bigger, but they appear to be about on par with what the Dawgs had. But the offensive line doesn't have to do much because of the stable of thoroughbreds the Pirates run out of the backfield. Richardson is a grown man among little boys, but he's far from the only game breaker. If he gets to the second level, just don't even bother. Use the time it takes him to get to the end zone to just catch a quick breather. And make sure you have all your affairs in order if you're going to try to tackle him up high. From an athletic standpoint, when you look at this matchup, it doesn't make sense. It looks like an easy, easy La Vega win.

But, I think you could've said the same thing — and many did, and believed it — about Carthage and LH. There's just something about this Panthers team. And while it doesn't make any sense, and I can't find a way to explain how LH is going to win enough of their assignments and matchups to get this thing done, I think that's exactly what LH does. I think the Panthers pull yet another upset and bring home that long-awaited third state championship.

d0tc0m
12-17-2018, 12:33 PM
La Vega by at least 2 TD's. I believe this team is the best they've ever had and the scary thing is they are young, very young. This team will be back next year almost fully intact.

The coming years in 4A Div. I are going to be nasty. There are going to be some very, very talented teams.

Cam
12-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Don't know much about this LV team, but have seen them in the past.....one observation from past teams is if something goes wrong, players get rattled and they start to bicker amongst themselves......not saying this will happen to this team......bit that's one thing to look for..... and thats something I have never seen LH teams do........

......nevertheless....purple still sucks!!!...that was just for you panfan.....

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Two or three weeks after we lost to Hutto by one in OT, I started realizing how much this LH team reminds me of our 2006 team. It's not the kids or the coaches or even the way they run plays. It's a gel factor. They just "work". If you haven't watched us year in and year out, you won't understand it. But they have that something that makes them special. Whether or not it's enough is too soon to know for sure. But I've got a feeling (woo woo) that Friday's the night.

bobcat1
12-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Two or three weeks after we lost to Hutto by one in OT, I started realizing how much this LH team reminds me of our 2006 team. It's not the kids or the coaches or even the way they run plays. It's a gel factor. They just "work". If you haven't watched us year in and year out, you won't understand it. But they have that something that makes them special. Whether or not it's enough is too soon to know for sure. But I've got a feeling (woo woo) that Friday's the night.
I'm hoping you are right!

Celina8
12-17-2018, 06:03 PM
I read the American Statesman Sunday sport section and saw where LH running back Kyle Harrison is quoted saying "Forty and 0 is overrated " and I understand the young mans excitement after winning such a big game , but it makes me wonder if LH is not already thinking they have already won the championship !

panfan
12-17-2018, 06:25 PM
I read the American Statesman Sunday sport section and saw where LH running back Kyle Harrison is quoted saying "Forty and 0 is overrated " and I understand the young mans excitement after winning such a big game , but it makes me wonder if LH is not already thinking they have already won the championship !

Not at all - I saw the news footage of this and his response was taken out of context. he indicated that on some social media site, that a number of players from Carthage had been talking crap abut him and LH, too small, overrated, etc. His response at the time, was Forty and 0 is overrated. I did not catch the question posed during the interview, but none the less, his response, pointed as it may have been was to the naysayers, nothing more.

cowboyandchrist
12-17-2018, 06:31 PM
LaVega by 14 to 21.
They have I believe 7 starters back from last years defense.
LH has earn the right to play for the title by beating a very good Dawg team. After watching them with that hide and seek offense that they run to perfection, I just don’t believe they can run on LV the way they did on the Dawgs.
LV is just to fast. LH broke some runs on the Dawgs for long touch downs that won’t happen on the LV D backs.
Will be a great ball game, but LV wins by 14 maybe 21.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2018, 06:55 PM
LaVega by 14 to 21.
LH has earn the right to play for the title by beating a very good Dawg team. After watching them with that hide and seek offense that they run to perfection, I just don’t believe they can run on LV the way they did on the Dawgs.
LV is just to fast. LH broke some runs on the Dawgs for long touch downs that won’t happen on the LV D backs.

14 is what you predicted Carthage to beat us by, and that didn't work out too well. They may do it, but they may not. Sure we were in the same district the last two years. And sure, they've beat us 4/4 times. They're not playing the 2015, '16 or '17 LH team. Regardless of the score both teams are going to feel it Saturday.

LHPfactory
12-17-2018, 09:46 PM

Well said. This is a team, the sports journalist can even see it. I believe they have enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2018, 12:24 AM
La Vega look good last Friday, both teams know what to expect. Here few plays from La Vega/Decatur game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imiRYYb6bKc&feature=youtu.be

LHPfactory
12-18-2018, 08:45 AM
LaVega by 14 to 21.

This sounds very familiar........

panfan
12-18-2018, 09:51 AM
LaVega by 14 to 21.

Words would just get in the way.:wave::wave::wave:

panfan
12-18-2018, 09:54 AM
Don't know much about this LV team, but have seen them in the past.....one observation from past teams is if something goes wrong, players get rattled and they start to bicker amongst themselves......not saying this will happen to this team......bit that's one thing to look for..... and thats something I have never seen LH teams do........

......nevertheless....purple still sucks!!!...that was just for you panfan.....
I’ll be waiving a big purple finger just for you at jerrtwolrd, then a black one from Ft. Worth. Look for it,,,,,,,,,

panfan
12-18-2018, 10:41 AM
For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Saturday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll saturday laying it all on the line.

panfan
12-18-2018, 10:46 AM
LaVega by 14 to 21.

And CC, I was just messing with ya, you got an opinion and your puttin it out there just like the rest of us, you are just wrong!:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Celina8
12-18-2018, 10:47 AM
As I think about this game we all know both of these teams can score so it really comes down to their defense. Which team is going to be able to force the other to punt at least 4 to 6 times during this ball game. One plus that might be small in consideration , but La Vega had the opportunity to play last week at Jerry World so playing there for a second week in a row might take some of the awe struck some players get when they play at such a facility.

panfan
12-18-2018, 10:56 AM
As I think about this game we all know both of these teams can score so it really comes down to their defense. Which team is going to be able to force the other to punt at least 4 to 6 times during this ball game. One plus that might be small in consideration , but La Vega had the opportunity to play last week at Jerry World so playing there for a second week in a row might take some of the awe struck some players get when they play at such a facility.

You have a very valid point - the venue will be overwhelming, but I hope they will (LH that is) gather themselves quickly. Ignore that big video screen, and go to work. I know our punter, if he punts will likely bounce a few off the bottom of the megatron. :D

d0tc0m
12-18-2018, 11:37 AM

Man, it may only take 2-3 punts and a crucial fourth-and-short stop or something like that. Hell, one punt may do it. If one of these teams forces the other team to punt six times, this game will be a blowout in one direction or the other.

Celina8
12-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Man, it may only take 2-3 punts and a crucial fourth-and-short stop or something like that. Hell, one punt may do it. If one of these teams forces the other team to punt six times, this game will be a blowout in one direction or the other.

Yeah I think your assessment makes more sense . Third and long when it does occur for either team could be key to the ball game.

LHPfactory
12-18-2018, 01:48 PM
For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Saturday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll saturday laying it all on the line.

Amen!!!

Neat Todd Jason Video of LH Semi Final win:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vel5jWKHc3o&feature=share

Rocket Man
12-18-2018, 11:52 PM
For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Friday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll Friday laying it all on the line.

I fixed it for ya......it was greendawg’s fault!

bobcat1
12-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Amen!!!

Neat Todd Jason Video of LH Semi Final win:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vel5jWKHc3o&feature=share
Awesome video! Good Luck!

greendawg84
12-19-2018, 08:28 AM

I was trying to keep the crowd small !!!!!

panfan
12-19-2018, 10:27 AM

Thanks fro the fix Rocketman, got two games on my brain and only space in there for one at a time. It's always G-dawg's fault, even when it isn't.

Rocket Man
12-19-2018, 12:59 PM
I was trying to keep the crowd small !!!!!

:spitlol::spitlol:

Cam
12-19-2018, 03:04 PM
....so I was talkin' to my third cousin from La Vega....her name is Camila De La Vega De La Garza De La Vega Plus Bracamontes.....I call her Cammy for shorts........anyways, I asked her why there were no La Vega folks on the Low.....she said they don't like Greendawg's attitude....so, again we can point the blame on G-Dawg for their lack of participation.....
..........gosh darnit G-Dawg!......we needed more banter on here and you blew it!!

greendawg84
12-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Tough crowd on here today !!!!! PS you for De Lahoya .......

Cam
12-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Tough crowd on here today !!!!! PS you for De Lahoya .......

......or no crowd.......who's de La Joya?.......

Trashman
12-19-2018, 08:01 PM
With all due respect to Liberty Hill. La Vega wins this one.

Cam
12-19-2018, 08:09 PM
I've passed by the stadium everyday after work on my way home...stadium lights blazin'.....I can see lots of movement......but not once have I seen a football travelling thru the air!!!.....gotta love it.......bwahaha

Rocket Man
12-19-2018, 11:50 PM
I've passed by the stadium everyday after work on my way home...stadium lights blazin'.....I can see lots of movement......but not once have I seen a football travelling thru the air!!!.....gotta love it.......bwahaha

Well, I was talking to my Uncle’s second cousin on his mother’s side and she told me that her sister’s boyfriend’s mother’s best friend’s daughter dates one of the La Vega player’s sister’s cousin on her daddy’s side and that kid’s mother told him and he told her that the Pirates are gonna just walk out from their Pirate tunnel when they take the field on Friday, so...............

Cam
12-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Well, I was talking to my Uncle’s second cousin on his mother’s side and she told me that her sister’s boyfriend’s mother’s best friend’s daughter dates one of the La Vega player’s sister’s cousin on her daddy’s side and that kid’s mother told him and he told her that the Pirates are gonna just walk out from their Pirate tunnel when they take the field on Friday, so...............

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......:vrycnfsd:.................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

1st and goal
12-20-2018, 01:43 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......:vrycnfsd:.................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

Stop stealing my usage of periods........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

waterboy
12-20-2018, 02:29 PM
... ...... ... .....!:crazy1:

Cam
12-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Stop stealing my usage of periods........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

............sorry I cant.....it'll mess up my circadian rhythm!!!!!................

Cam
12-20-2018, 04:24 PM
.....and no Greendawg......circadian rhythm has nothing to do with the cicada birth control method!!!...........

greendawg84
12-20-2018, 04:33 PM
.....and no Greendawg......circadian rhythm has nothing to do with the cicada birth control method!!!...........

I thought it was some kind of new fishing lure you were trying to sell us .....

Caveman
12-21-2018, 10:57 AM
This game is going to be a blowout. The right side of the bracket is weak. The SC championship game has already been played two weeks ago and La Vega won.

1st and goal
12-21-2018, 11:05 AM
............sorry I cant.....it'll mess up my circadian rhythm!!!!!................

Try changing the direction your bed is aligned with the N/S poles. The earth's gauss fields may be jacking with ya'........

Cam
12-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Try changing the direction your bed is aligned with the N/S poles. The earth's gauss fields may be jacking with ya'........

I'll give it a shot.....but I'm not so sure I believe in everything Carl said
.........besides, I think he was an alien.......

Cam
12-21-2018, 11:31 AM
This game is going to be a blowout. The right side of the bracket is weak. The SC championship game has already been played two weeks ago and La Vega won.

....well OK then......panfan, LHP, and Panther Mom...might as well come home then.....but I'm willing to bet this game is tighter than the 31-14 game I think you are referring to......

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Won't be able to blame the outcome on bad conditions today, for sure. Liberty Hill will get their shot.....fair and square. Let's see how they do against this very good La Vega team that has it all. I think LH will give them a very tough time.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:31 PM
I've got La Vega in my weekly picks in this one, but secretly I'm really pulling for the Liberty Hill Panthers. I had Argyle in my Bracket Breaker, but bad weather intervened and Argyle never had a fair chance in that game, unfortunately. Go Panthers!!!

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:35 PM
I believe LV will test the LH secondary today with Rauls at qb showing his abilities. I hope LH will be ready for them. It's a multi-pronged attack that must be stopped at the LOS first and forced to throw next.....IMHO.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:41 PM
LH needs to cause some turnovers and take advantage of them when they occur. LH also needs to play a "clean" game with limited mistakes and penalties in order to win this one. La Vega will make some mistakes, but they are very disciplined this year as a team. They play very well together and block extremely well downfield.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Not a good idea to run the deep kickoffs back against LV.....just take the ball on the 25 on a deep kickoff.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:51 PM
That's their speedy slasher Walton.....he will simply outrun the defense. Richards is the power back and will run right at you and also cut back. Hamilton likes to cut back also against the flow of the play. But Walton will simply slash with his speed to get to the open field.....he's very dangerous.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:56 PM
La Vega 7-0 off their first possession. LH will need to move the chains and not give LV preferred field position today.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Good punt.....down to the 8 yd line. Now LH will have a better chance on defense.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:01 PM
A 3 and out will flip the field position in Liberty Hill's favor. Looks like LH will force a punt here.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:04 PM
LH gets a firstdown to the LV 40 now.....need to keep moving those chains.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:05 PM
3 passes in this game so far....if you are counting, LOL.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Now 4 passes with that backdoor throwback to their RB. Two first downs in a row for LH now. Flag down on this one.....facemask against LV.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:07 PM
This will move the ball half the distance to the goal and give LH a very good chance to tie this game up early.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Ball at the LV 6 now......first down for LH.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:10 PM
First play of the 2nd qtr goes to the LV 4 yd line.

FB-fanatic
12-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Surprised at lack of a passing game by LV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:12 PM
2nd and goal now.....from the 4. Harrison cuts inside on the pitch and scores for LH. Good blocking on that one. Kick is good.

La Vega 7
Liberty Hill 7

11:53 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:15 PM
Fumble on that kick return, but the runner was called down at the LH 21.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Pass number 5 is complete for a firstdown for the Pirates at the LH 34.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Pass number 6 short goes for another first down. LV is marching steadily upfield now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:20 PM
LV is being very methodical and spreading the ball around to their backs. Pass number 6 short for a yard gain. 3rd and 8 now from the LV 44.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:21 PM
Pass #7 is nearly intercepted and falls incomplete. LH forces LV to punt. LH will take over deep in their own end now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Ball at the LH 9 yd line to start this possession for LH.....field position seems to be playing a very key role here so far.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Harrison takes it outside for 17 yds and a LH firstdown. Good run there.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:25 PM
LH QB doesn't have the speed to go outside on the keeper....forget that play.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Spoke too soon....LH QB rolls right and keeps it for a first and now LH is at midfield on that run.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:27 PM
LV defense is trying to strip the ball on those gang tackles.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Down to the LV 44 now for LH.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Looks like 4 down territory to me now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Stuffed on that play for no gain. LH at the LV 39 on 4th down.....they will punt it afterall. OH NO....the punter throws to a wide open Harrison on the sideline and he simply drops it Looking right into that sun at that angle and he lost it in the brightness of the roof. If you have ever been to the stadium you know what I"m talking about. Just bad luck at the wrong time for LH.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:32 PM
LH holds for a 3 and out on LV.....forcing a punt. Only one minute til halftime. I would totally expect LV to punt this ball right now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:33 PM
Punt rolls down to the LV 19 with only 47 secs to halftime.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Pass #8 goes for a Panther first down and now to midfield with only a second to halftime. One more play before the half.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Pass #9 for the game goes incomplete....but a flag on the play. Declined. End of first half.

La Vega 7
Liberty Hill 7

Halftime

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:38 PM
What blowout??? This is a defensive ball game with field position playing a key role.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Liberty Hill is getting their fair shot at containing LV's "vaunted" attack. A little different in good conditions, Huh?

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:41 PM
I fully expect both teams to get some breakaways in the 2nd half. Problem for LH is that a breakaway for LV may result in a score with their speed advantage.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Argyle definitely had more speed on defense than LH does.....so that is a problem that LH will have to deal with. LH will have to try to contain as much as possible against any breakaways.....they simply don't have anybody back there to run these LV backs down.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:46 PM
I look for LV to give Walton the ball more in the second half and see if he can break one with his slashing ability. He doesn't need much room to find a crease and go. Then they will counter that with the power running of Richards and a few QB keeper options to pass or run it. Rauls can throw it on the keeper, for sure.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:49 PM
I like that LH is rolling out and spreading the LV defense.....this will give their Slot offense a better chance at the LOS to keep those chains moving. LH is controlling the pace of play so far.....a big advantage to the Panthers as long as they can stay even in this game.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 05:54 PM
The Decatur blowout did not help this LV team right before this SC game.....they appear to be a little lackadaisical with no urgency. This will play right into the scheme of Liberty Hill, IMO. LV might try to speed up the pace in the 2nd half to see how LH will respond to that. LV does have a play they will use throwing a sideline pass to one of the wideouts that is a backup QB and then he throws it downfield to the open reciever......look for them to try this play also. I think this will be Hamilton.....last year's starting QB. He's a senior.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:04 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about.....you cannot let these LV guys get into the open field.....you must contain them with more safeties and a better kick defensive alignment.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:05 PM
LV takes the 2nd half kickoff 94 yds for a breakaway score. Kick is good.

LV 14
LH 7

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:07 PM
They can all run and block downfield.....so on a kick they will have their guys running and blocking your guys all the way.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:08 PM
LH returns the kick to the 30 and will start this 2nd half there.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:09 PM
7 yd gain on first down for LH....2nd and 3 now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Looks like he just got that first down.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Looks like LV will try to force LH to go wide and stay very tight inside.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:12 PM
LV feels they have enough speed to allow outside runs.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:15 PM
If I'm LH....I'm calling Harrison's number for outside runs this half.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:16 PM
After the LH punt....LV starts on their own 6 .

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:17 PM
There's another one.....you just cannot let these LV guys get behind you. Rauls can burn you with his accuracy.....he's very capable at passing it.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:19 PM
90 yds on that pass, catch and romp to the endzone for LV. Kick is good.

LV 21 of all a sudden.
LH 7

Lots of time left in the 3rd qtr. still

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:23 PM
LH across midfield and needs a TD on this possession to get back into this game, IMO.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:28 PM
LH needs to find a way to punch in this possession for a TD to pull them back within 7. 2nd and 9 from about the LV 15 now.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:29 PM
LH RB coughs it up on the exchange.....LV recovers it. Bigtime mistake there for sure.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Nah.....LH can't run in the secondary with the LV receivers. They have no way to effectively defend the field with a tight secondary scheme.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:39 PM
I don't know if any team this season has forced LH out of their offense, but they will have to go to the air now, for sure.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:41 PM
LV 28
LH 7

End of 3rd

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:49 PM
LH scores on this possession with a QB keeper from the 9. Good drive for LH. Kick is good.

LV 28
LH 14

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Instead of getting a turnover, LH coughed one up inside the Red Zone and LV then scored on a big play to change the momentum in this game. LH needs to take care of the ball and get a turnover, not give one up.....in order to just try to pull back within striking distance.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:53 PM
LH's kick return coverage stinks.....end of story.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Richards breaks 3 tackles on that big run for a LV TD. Kick is good.

LV 35
LH 14

6:59 4th

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 06:59 PM
That last TD just about ended all hopes for Liberty Hill today....unless some crazy things happen quickly.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:00 PM
LH just needs to take some chances and start airing it out.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:05 PM
LH uses too much clock between plays.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Liberty Hill scores on another clock burning drive that took nearly 4 mins off the clock.

LV 35
LH 21

2:59 4th

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:09 PM
LH just did not play mistake-free football like they needed to in order to win today. La Vega has too much speed, size, and athleticism and will take advantage of those mistakes and turn them into opportunities. LH did win the time of possession by a long margin, but not to their greatest advantage.

panfan
12-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Hey we made it, gave it our best. Great game LV.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Liberty Hill finally causes and recovers a fumble by LV very late in this game. Not much time left, however.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Hey we made it, gave it our best. Great game LV.

Just did not play good on kick coverages and at the secondary level.....otherwise fairly even game.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Gave away 7 points on that fumble in the Red Zone also.....a major turning point in this game. It turned out to be a 14 point swing. That was basically an unforced mistake.....not caused by the LV defense.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:21 PM
He needs to throw it up early and let his receivers go for it.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Good game Liberty Hill.....you gave it your all and left it all on the field. Congrats to Waco La Vega on a very quality run to another SC title.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:27 PM
The Class 4A 2018 football season is now officially over. It was one filled with stormy weather....that's what I will remember most.

Saggy Aggie
12-21-2018, 07:31 PM
LV just had too much defense. Stuffed LH at the LOS pretty much all game, which LH is not accustomed to. #15 for LV is the real deal

They managed to break a couple big plays and that was good enough.

regaleagle
12-21-2018, 07:34 PM
LV just had too much defense. Stuffed LH at the LOS pretty much all game, which LH is not accustomed to. #15 for LV is the real deal

They managed to break a couple big plays and that was good enough.

It takes a balanced attack from a very good offensive team to cause problems for LV's defense. And then you need a very good defense with speed to contain LV's offensive breakaways.

Celina8
12-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Congratulations to Waco La Vega looks like you will have chance to add to that trophy case with such a young team. Just to many weapons for LH to contend with but great season Panthers.

GUNHO
12-21-2018, 07:56 PM
It takes a balanced attack from a very good offensive team to cause problems for LV's defense. And then you need a very good defense with speed to contain LV's offensive breakaways.

This.:iagree:

bobcat1
12-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Heck of a season Liberty Hill! No quit in you at all.... Bell to bell. Congrats to LaVega on your championship. Well deserved!

Roughneck93
12-21-2018, 10:09 PM
https://youtu.be/DYoy_2-nD1w

cowboyandchrist
12-21-2018, 11:07 PM
I guess I was right, LH played a great game, but the LV Defense was just a hard hitting machine.
LH had no chance without a passing game against that defense.
Great game to watch, if LH ever developed a passing game to go with that hide and seek running game it would be something to see.
Congrats LV you are the champs.

Snotbubbles
12-22-2018, 09:06 AM
The Class 4A 2018 football season is now officially over. It was one filled with stormy weather....that's what I will remember most.

Jordan Whittington is by far what I'll remember most. A WR broke the long standing rushing record for a state game. Won both the offensive and defensive MVP's and single handedly won a state title for his team.