PDA

View Full Version : Burnet head coaching change

Cam
12-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Thoughts?......Is it Greendawgs fault?

https://www.dailytrib.com/2018/12/11/burnet-cisd-makes-changes-at-head-football-coach-other-district-positions/

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2018, 10:43 PM
I can't say I'm surprised. I have other thoughts but out of respect for my kiddo, I'm not going there.

LHPfactory
12-12-2018, 01:18 AM
I think it’s a bad Idea in a single High School District to separate that position, unless you are Allen or similar. Primarily because it has to have an affect on salary which can affect your HFC applicants. None of the top performing 4A schools do this to my knowledge. I’m thinking the school board has been under pressure due to Burnets struggling football program and came up with this. I hear there are some very unhappy folks in Burnet, I have heard from a lot of them they are ready for a coaching change. I personally don’t have a dog in the fight, pun intended, so I have nothing against the current staff.
Burnet seems like it would be a cherry AD/HFC job and would probably attract some quality applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greendawg84
12-12-2018, 09:30 AM
No my fault on this one ..... small town politics , if you read the article you can figure out where they got the money to pull this one off .....

panfan
12-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Burnet CISD is about as in bred as they come. It is the epitome of small town politics. Observed it first hand while my wife taught there. I'm glad she left. I should add she made many long lasting friends there and so have I, I just think the district needs to hit the reset button. The community deserves better.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2018, 11:13 AM
Burnet CISD is about as in bred as they come. It is the epitome of small town politics. Observed it first hand while my wife taught there. I'm glad she left. I should add she made many long lasting friends there and so have I, I just think the district needs to hit the reset button. The community deserves better.

Burnet needs to adopt the Slot T. :evilgrin:

jason
12-12-2018, 11:27 AM
None of the top performing 4A schools do this to my knowledge.
Stephenville does

greendawg84
12-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Hell no !!! There is enough of that boring stuff 20 miles east of there.

LHPfactory
12-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Hell no !!! There is enough of that boring stuff 20 miles east of there.

Its off limits to Burnet!!!!!

FB-fanatic
12-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Then while everyone is napping, they can fix the problem:)

Cam
12-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Go and tell Lord Grenville that our dreams have run aground
There's nothing here to keep us in this shanty town
None of us are caring where we're bound
Like voices on the wind
..................dang.....that was deep!!!

panfan
12-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Go and tell Lord Grenville that our dreams have run aground
There's nothing here to keep us in this shanty town
None of us are caring where we're bound
Like voices on the wind
..................dang.....that was deep!!!

Are you off your meds again?

Cam
12-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Are you off your meds again?

........only my daily baby aspirin and docusate a stool softener!!!