PDA

View Full Version : Semis: Silsbee (10-4) vs Cuero (13-1) Friday 7:30 @ Legacy Stadium in Katy

Old Green
12-08-2018, 10:53 PM
First meeting of these two teams.

lbjacj
12-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Very nice stadium! I think this is the year the Gobblers finally get it done! Good luck!

bag-o-chips
12-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Having seen Cuero twice now they are really hitting their stride. Congrats to the Gobblers. Watched the WOS -Silsbee and I don't think either team could take down Cuero. JMO

Keep rolling Cuero and bring home the Championship for Yourselves and to rep District and Region!!

AggiesAreWe
12-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Common opponent: Wharton

Cuero 43, Wharton 21

Silsbee 56, Wharton 14

Sticking with Silsbee who are on a roll. Tigers beat Gobblers 35-28

YTBulldogs
12-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Gobblers, 42-21.

bag-o-chips
12-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Common opponent: Wharton

Cuero 43, Wharton 21

Silsbee 56, Wharton 14

Sticking with Silsbee who are on a roll. Tigers beat Gobblers 35-28

I don't think the transitive property applies in football. I think Cuero rolls by 2 tds easily

AggiesAreWe
12-09-2018, 12:46 PM
I don't think the transitive property applies in football. I think Cuero rolls by 2 tds easily

Maybe not but I'll take Silsbee getting +14, easily.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2018, 01:30 PM
How many games did Jordon Whittington miss? Thought i read in this site Cuero had couple not playing earlier in season.

Cuero gets R4 over the R3 hurdle.

Old Green
12-09-2018, 02:52 PM
How many games did Jordon Whittington miss? Thought i read in this site Cuero had couple not playing earlier in season.

He didn’t play in all 5 non district games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS1
12-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Having seen Cuero twice now they are really hitting their stride. Congrats to the Gobblers. Watched the WOS -Silsbee and I don't think either team could take down Cuero. JMO

Keep rolling Cuero and bring home the Championship for Yourselves and to rep District and Region!!

I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock in a game played in a monsoon.

Ill say this, Silsbee has played, at least, 4 teams better that the best team Cuero has played. Not saying that equals a victory for Silsbee, but it cant be ignored.

99IHSMustang
12-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Rootin for Cuero. If Jordan Whittington gets going early... watch out!

speedbump
12-09-2018, 06:59 PM
I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock in a game played in a monsoon.

Ill say this, Silsbee has played, at least, 4 teams better that the best team Cuero has played. Not saying that equals a victory for Silsbee, but it cant be ignored.

But Silsbee lost to a team that Cuero would have beaten by two or three TDs. That can't be ignored either.

AggiesAreWe
12-09-2018, 07:15 PM
But Silsbee lost to a team that Cuero would have beaten by two or three TDs. That can't be ignored either.

And who would that be?

speedbump
12-09-2018, 07:46 PM
and who would that be?

wos............

44INAROW
12-09-2018, 09:31 PM

He was out 5. One being Wharton 3rd game of season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AggiesAreWe
12-09-2018, 09:48 PM
wos............

I disagree. Cuero may have beaten WO-S, but not by 2 or 3 TD's

bluecat
12-10-2018, 05:02 AM

Whittington missed most of the non district games and Grant missed a couple games early in the season.

Scoop27
12-10-2018, 06:01 AM
The Tigers are the real deal and can beat Cuero

bluecat
12-10-2018, 06:45 AM
The Tigers are the real deal and can beat Cuero

If so they will be the state champions, just don’t see that happening this year. The combo of Whittington and and Grant are one of the best in Texas in any class and the defense is the best they”ve had in years. Unless Cuero starts having T/O issues I just don’t see them losing to any team in 4A.

WOS1
12-10-2018, 08:12 AM
wos............
lol.... ill take that with a grain of salt considering your the same person who thinks a team who couldnt score a TD "won in the trenches"... lmbo.

speedbump
12-10-2018, 03:07 PM
lol.... ill take that with a grain of salt considering your the same person who thinks a team who couldnt score a TD "won in the trenches"... lmbo.

A grain of salt beats facing reality that's for sure. When I made the comment about the trenches I was talking about that point in the game and I was right. You know it and I know it. Clearly you'll need the pink stuff to for that.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2018, 07:16 PM
This games like 5 mins from my house, but I think I’d rather drive a half hour to the berry center to watch LH and Carthage

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2018, 08:02 PM
I watched Jordan Whittington Saturday night for the first time. He reminds me of Blake Lynch from the 2014 Gilmer team. Possibly he is even better than Blake. I'd have to see him in more games to say that for sure.

1st and goal
12-10-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm rooting for Cuero. Because I believe they'll win by 3 TD's if they stay healthy.

j_dog
12-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Have to watch out for those 4 loss teams from Southeast Texas. I hear Silsbee is loaded with speed all over the field. Gotta pull for the Southeast Texas team.

Scoop27
12-11-2018, 12:55 AM
If Newton beat Silsbee like it did in Week 1- I can imagine their score when they play East Bernard (Where I graduated from in 1973) is going to be. EB has a great defense but will give up at least 40 points to the Eagles. The Brahmas don't have any super offensive players and are averaging only 28 points per game and have two running backs with questional injur ies. And they mainly run the ball in side,. Could be a long l ong n ight for the Brahma

griff
12-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Based on hard rain and very windy conditions, I would not use that as a gauge for either WO-S or Silsbee. The Wharton game comparisons is a better measuring stick. Silsbee is playing their best football right now.

griff
12-11-2018, 09:51 AM
wos............

It's really hilarious reading this and much of the talk on the Friday night app. Too many of you Cuero fans are looking at Silsbee as just another walk over win. The unfamiliarity factor of Silsbee is breeding much overconfidence.

KingRob
12-12-2018, 12:40 AM
LET'S GO CUERO!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

speedbump
12-12-2018, 02:14 AM
It's really hilarious reading this and much of the talk on the Friday night app. Too many of you Cuero fans are looking at Silsbee as just another walk over win. The unfamiliarity factor of Silsbee is breeding much overconfidence.

You can't be talking to me. (1) I'm not a Cuero fan (2) Silsbee knocked EC out of the PO in 2015 and I've paid close attention to them since then. I'm not unfamiliar at all. I haven't seen anybody predict a walkover win for Cuero but so far the poll on here favors Cuero heavily and Pigskin Prep has the Gobblers by 12. Maybe if the four picking Silsbee were more familiar with Cuero......

Scoop27
12-12-2018, 05:31 AM
Silsbee proved how good they were to me when they blew out Wharton with ease

gobbla4life
12-12-2018, 09:01 AM
You can’t go off A beat C by this much and B beat C by this much. Different teams and different matchups. I don’t think anyone from Cuero is being overconfident, at least they shouldn’t. It’s the semis, everyone is good. Hey region 4 gets trashed all the time, we are used to it. Fact is this is our 17th semifinal appearance, and if we are fortunate enough to make past this round it will be our 11title game appearance. No one is saying Silsbee isn’t good, but Cuero clearly has to be the favorite givin there resume. Good luck and health to both, and safe travels for all.
GO MEAN GREEN!!

cowboyandchrist
12-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Don't know anything about the Gobblers, but Silsbee has played the Carthage Dawgs hard every year in the playoffs, they have great fans that talk good football over on Smoaky.
I am pulling for Silsbee and I believe they have a good chance. They usually have good size and speed.

griff
12-13-2018, 12:21 AM
You can't be talking to me. (1) I'm not a Cuero fan (2) Silsbee knocked EC out of the PO in 2015 and I've paid close attention to them since then. I'm not unfamiliar at all. I haven't seen anybody predict a walkover win for Cuero but so far the poll on here favors Cuero heavily and Pigskin Prep has the Gobblers by 12. Maybe if the four picking Silsbee were more familiar with Cuero......

Like I said, much of the chatter this week on the Friday Night App has simply brushed aside Silsbee's chances. Plenty of overconfidence on display there. I have no rooting interest in this game, but if Silsbee wins, it will be enjoyable watching the reactions of the ill-informed. Those people need to take the time to learn about their opponent and not assume anything.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2018, 08:49 AM
I see Cuero being challenged here, before extending it out late and winning 42-21.

AggiesAreWe
12-13-2018, 09:51 AM
Like I said, much of the chatter this week on the Friday Night App has simply brushed aside Silsbee's chances. Plenty of overconfidence on display there. I have no rooting interest in this game, but if Silsbee wins, it will be enjoyable watching the reactions of the ill-informed. Those people need to take the time to learn about their opponent and not assume anything.

Tell 'em griff.

Let 'em ASSume

44INAROW
12-13-2018, 01:04 PM

You do realize the average age posting over there (on that thread) is prob 15. The hard core, level headed Gobbler fans aren’t spouting off. Believe, Coach Reeve isn’t overlooking anyone. Oh and some of the Silsbee posters aren’t rocket scientists either. Pretty immature all around.

griff
12-13-2018, 10:42 PM
You do realize the average age posting over there (on that thread) is prob 15. The hard core, level headed Gobbler fans aren’t spouting off. Believe, Coach Reeve isn’t overlooking anyone. Oh and some of the Silsbee posters aren’t rocket scientists either. Pretty immature all around.

Yes, I realize that. This site has also seen it's share of adults acting like 15 year olds in the past, as well, but not to the current degree of that place. I said nothing about the team, coach Reeve, or those in the know...only the ill-informed were my target.

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Cuero by 3 tds

Scoop27
12-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Tigers by 10-Look what they did to Wharton

Snotbubbles
12-14-2018, 07:51 AM
Tigers by 10-Look what they did to Wharton

Wharton, a business school. Come on man, Gobs by 4 TD's after that remark.

sk1
12-14-2018, 08:16 AM
Who is going to this game?
I will be there sitting on the Cuero side.

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2018, 09:59 AM
Me and my old man might go. I’ll let him decide if he wants to watch this game or Carthage & LH

AggiesAreWe
12-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Who is going to this game?
I will be there sitting on the Cuero side.

I will be in press box helping broadcast the game.

AggiesAreWe
12-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Cuero by 3 tds

I have zero problem with anyone picking Cuero to win. They are the favorite. They will not win by 3 TD's or more.

Sticking with Silsbee, 35-28

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2018, 10:07 AM
I have zero problem with anyone picking Cuero to win. They are the favorite. They will not win by 3 TD's or more.

Sticking with Silsbee, 35-28

Cuero by 4 tds

AggiesAreWe
12-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Cuero by 4 tds

I'll take Silsbee getting 28. How much?

Celina8
12-14-2018, 12:15 PM
I think this will be a much closer game then many think and Cuero taking a close one to play Pleasant Grove for the title. I will say few teams can match the football history of Cuero as they have been a force going all the way back to the early 70's when I started to pay attention to Texas High School Sports. To have kept that up for such a long period of time is true greatness.

44INAROW
12-14-2018, 12:59 PM
I think this will be a much closer game then many think and Cuero taking a close one to play Pleasant Grove for the title. I will say few teams can match the football history of Cuero as they have been a force going all the way back to the early 70's when I started to pay attention to Texas High School Sports. To have kept that up for such a long period of time is true greatness.

Amen. GO MEAN GREEN

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2018, 01:21 PM
I'll take Silsbee getting 28. How much?
Lol it’s sarcasm man. I’ll bet you some nachos and a coke on cuero straight up though

Tejastrue
12-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Almost there Gobblers. Open up that big can tonight!

Tejastrue
12-15-2018, 12:03 AM
Forgot the can opener....but you improvised, you adapted, and you overcame. In reality, the best thing that could have happened before the SC. Make the most of it boys!

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2018, 12:11 AM
Lol it’s sarcasm man. I’ll bet you some nachos and a coke on cuero straight up though

I’ll take my nachos and coke now lol

Tejastrue
12-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Congrats 44!

44INAROW
12-15-2018, 01:08 AM
Congrats 44!

Thank you. I’m stilling gathering my thoughts. Wow... good close game, exactly what was needed to prepare for the state championship. So proud of the Gobblers. Silsbee was fast as advertised. Why go for the fake punt so late and deep in Their own territory? I’m sure there’s an explanation.
Finally got that Reg 3 hurdle crossed. Like it was said before the season, SC goes through Class 4A-Division 2 - District 13
Also congrats to Reg 4, Division 1Champs, Liberty Hill.......

We really appreciate our district mates support this week......

Go Mean Green

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2018, 01:42 AM
Silsbee proved how good they were to me when they blew out Wharton with ease

Sorry Scoop! Wharton isn't necessarily a measuring stick. I watched them round 1 of the playoffs. They were good but not great.

Congrats Gobblers! MORE GREEN BEANS!

WOS87
12-15-2018, 02:15 AM
We have to play them pretty much yearly and I knew how good they were. Neither the result nor the margin surprised me at all. Congratulations Gobblers! Good luck against PG next week.

bobcat1
12-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Congrats Gobblers! Great Season Silsbee.

YTBulldogs
12-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Congrats to our fine feather friends. Go Gobblers, win state.

AggiesAreWe
12-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Extra points the difference in this one.

Both teams scored 4 TD's. Silsbee got behind the 8 ball when they missed their first two PAT's, including having one returned for 2 points.

These were two evenly matched teams. Congrats Cuero

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Special teams is killer....

99IHSMustang
12-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Hard fought game by both teams. Congrats Gobblers. Good season for Silsbee. The announcer on Texan live was saying that you guys have a young team so I wouldn’t be surprised to see your team in the mix again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS1
12-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Next year it will be time for Silsbee to get back in line. The Blue and Silver will be back with a vengeance.