PDA

View Full Version : Semis: Liberty Hill vs Carthage

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Friday, 12/14, 7:30 pm, Berry Center, Cypress

Panthers rule, Bulldogs drool!

Dawgs
12-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Should be a good game. Don’t think LH has enough horses (or panthers) to win this race. But I know they will play hard to the last whistle. Carthage going to have to execute and play mistake free. But from what I saw vs Sealy and LV I just don’t see it. Could be wrong.

Dawgs
12-08-2018, 09:08 PM
40 game win streak on the line. Is LH the one to stop it?

solocam
12-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Panthers have alot to cleanup before next saturday,should be a great game,

speedbump
12-08-2018, 10:52 PM
40 game win streak on the line. Is LH the one to stop it?

No, they aren't.

lbjacj
12-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Friday, 12/14, 7:30 pm, Berry Center, Cypress
Panthers rule, Bulldogs drool!

Semis: Liberty vs Carthage

You lost your "Hill" :)

Celina8
12-08-2018, 11:34 PM
I cannot help but think of Kennedale last year as they had one of the most productive offensive in all of Texas running the ball . I thought they would be a tremendous challenge for the Dawgs . That title game was over before half if I remember correctly as Carthage just had way to many athletes. LH will have to control the line of scrimmage and they cannot get into a track meet with Carthage for them to have a chance at victory . I am leaning towards Carthage on this one but would love for LH to pull the upset .

Gontex
12-09-2018, 08:35 AM
I cannot help but think of Kennedale last year as they had one of the most productive offensive in all of Texas running the ball . I thought they would be a tremendous challenge for the Dawgs . That title game was over before half if I remember correctly as Carthage just had way to many athletes. LH will have to control the line of scrimmage and they cannot get into a track meet with Carthage for them to have a chance at victory . I am leaning towards Carthage on this one but would love for LH to pull the upset .

Liberty Hill has laid the ball on the ground something like 11 or 12 times in their last three games. They won't beat Carthage if they continue to do that. It nearly cost them against La Vernia. Those three touchdowns in the fourth quarter is something they cant continue to count on. It made the game look much easier than it actually was for the Panthers.

lostaussie
12-09-2018, 10:04 AM
If Liberty Hill don't get rid of the fumbleitis they will be doomed.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Semis: Liberty vs Carthage

You lost your "Hill" :)

Haha! :doh:

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Not too far from me. Think I’ll attend to support my D1 pick... LH

oldtownag
12-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Ready for disappointment?

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2018, 12:24 PM
I don’t really care either way, but personally I don’t think Carthage looks invincible either. Yeah they beat hendo by a couple scores but nearly got took out by MH.

Carthage definitely the favorite but it’s not over yet

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Carthage is getting to be a rather boring dynasty, but they will roll on to another state championship. I sometimes think this is one reason Traylor departed for the college ranks. He knew he'd always be second fiddle to the maestro down the road.

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 02:50 PM
Carthage is getting to be a rather boring dynasty, but they will roll on to another state championship. I sometimes think this is one reason Traylor departed for the college ranks. He knew he'd always be second fiddle to the maestro down the road.

Boring?!?! Why are you speaking blasphemy?

Daddy D 11
12-09-2018, 03:38 PM
I’m pretty bummed with the Friday at 7:30 thing...I’m guessing Walker won the toss and picked Houston?? Anyone got the story on that?

Don’t know much about Carthage other than they are Great. But the Slot T is a funny thing that can even the tables really quickly. Thing about the lead up to this game is it’s not ever going to “make sense.” You can watch film or highlights of each team, you can watch the teams warmup on Friday, and every time you’re gonna be like “wow, Carthage is gonna run LH out the building.” But... since 2005 or so, has LH ever been run out the building? Ever?

No one can call plays better than Walker, and I’m sure Surratt knows that, because he surely remembers that Ass Whooping Walker gave him back in 2007. This all boils down to Carthage’s defensive staff...they got 6 short days to figure out and teach the Slot T to their kiddos, and if they can’t get that dialed in, it’s gonna be a BARN BURNER of a shootout on Friday night!

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 03:45 PM
I’m pretty bummed with the Friday at 7:30 thing...I’m guessing Walker won the toss and picked Houston?? Anyone got the story on that?

Don’t know much about Carthage other than they are Great. But the Slot T is a funny thing that can even the tables really quickly. Thing about the lead up to this game is it’s not ever going to “make sense.” You can watch film or highlights of each team, you can watch the teams warmup on Friday, and every time you’re gonna be like “wow, Carthage is gonna run LH out the building.” But... since 2005 or so, has LH ever been run out the building? Ever?

No one can call plays better than Walker, and I’m sure Surratt knows that, because he surely remembers that Ass Whooping Walker gave him back in 2007. This all boils down to Carthage’s defensive staff...they got 6 short days to figure out and teach the Slot T to their kiddos, and if they can’t get that dialed in, it’s gonna be a BARN BURNER of a shootout on Friday night!
I’m almost certain this game is the exact reason Surratt scheduled PG. I think after realignment there was a very, very high possibility this game was going to happen.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2018, 03:48 PM
"Blasphemy."

Actually, you're right. Carthage's offense is not boring compared to Liberty Hill's. I was referring to the predictable efficiency of the Carthage machine which steamrolls everything in its path year after year.

lostaussie
12-09-2018, 04:15 PM
I don’t really care either way, but personally I don’t think Carthage looks invincible either. Yeah they beat hendo by a couple scores but nearly got took out by MH.

Carthage definitely the favorite but it’s not over yet

LaVega is winning this year. Take that to the bank!!!

speedbump
12-09-2018, 07:13 PM
I’m almost certain this game is the exact reason Surratt scheduled PG. I think after realignment there was a very, very high possibility this game was going to happen.

Dawgs got a decent passing game this year? With their usual D that's about all it will take.

bansheefan03
12-09-2018, 08:07 PM
They have a very good passing game and it's not just one r two guys you have to worry about either had 5 td passes to 5 different receivers against mh

speedbump
12-09-2018, 08:19 PM
They have a very good passing game and it's not just one r two guys you have to worry about either had 5 td passes to 5 different receivers against mh

That should do it. Carthage by 14+.

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Carthage has heard that same old mess for years. 6 state championships and 9 semifinals in 11 years tell me a different story.
If the Dawgs win Friday, I would be willing to bet coach Surratt and Preston will have the Dawgs ready to play.
Everybody knows how good LV is and that they are really wanting a shot at the champs. They (LV) would be the favorite and I am sure that suits coach Surratt just fine.
Liberty Hill is all that concerns the Dawgs right now, one game at a time.
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Celina8
12-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Didn't Kennedale run a the slot T last year and were blowing teams out the entire season until they got to the Finals . I know that LH is good but I actually think Carthage is better than Hutto with many more weapons which was a big game for the Panthers this year.

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 08:58 PM
"Blasphemy."

Actually, you're right. Carthage's offense is not boring compared to Liberty Hill's. I was referring to the predictable efficiency of the Carthage machine which steamrolls everything in its path year after year.
Haha. I thought we were beat a couple weeks ago, but again Surratt pulls it out. I agree. It’s getting borderline ridiculous. But I will give the Carthage community credit. Support is at an all time high. Probably more support now than there has ever been. We have dwarfed fan bases this year in the big games. Used to Carthage didn’t have the best fans, but we have really came together. Seems like we never get tired of winning or take it for granted.

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Didn't Kennedale run a the slot T last year and were blowing teams out the entire season until they got to the Finals . I know that LH is good but I actually think Carthage is better than Hutto with many more weapons which was a big game for the Panthers this year.

They put a lot of points up in the playoffs until they met Carthage. 59, 42, 45, 63, and 54 before the championship. They put 14 on Carthage starters. One of those TD was pretty much a broken play. Carthage dominated them. But listen, this defense pales in comparison to the Carthage D last year. Numbers are close, but the loss of Gates, Colbert, and Brown were huge. All 3 of those guys were 2 x All State selections. Having two 3 year starter 230 lbs LB makes a big difference. We are young at LB this year. We got 1 stud Rayvon Ingram who is a junior. He is really good, but not on that level yet. Our D-Line is as good, so Carthage will need them to have a huge game to help out the LB a little bit.

The problem for LH is being 1 dimensional. You are just not going to beat Coach Preston like that unless you are LV with an offensive line full of 30 year olds and 3 backs who are faster than anybody on our team. What Carthage really is lacking this year is elite speed. But those are problems for next week. Carthage will have a sizable speed advantage Friday.

Honestly just don’t see a way LH wins this game unless they turn Carthage over more than 2 times. I think they need a +3 TO differential to win. PG won the turnover battle, and their single turnover happened on their last drive. Then Carthage ripped their heart out. It’s not that Carthage is unbeatable. Cause they definitely can be beat. It’s just that you can do everything right, and Carthage will rip your heart out on 1 mistake. Look at the MH game. Carthage shouldn’t have even been in that game. MH had 2 different 2 score leads. Had us down 21-6 and 35-21. Has more 1st downs, more yards, more rushing yards, ran more plays but still got beat. Only thing Carthage won was the turnover battle 3-1. Basically this is a long post to say Carthage is hard to beat. I mean really hard. Not sure I’ve ever seen a program as clutch as Surratt’s Carthage. Scary thing is we are getting better and more clutch. Everybody kinda thought Carthage would plateau after the 1st 3 peat, and then that run in 2012 and 2013. But somehow Surratt stayed ahead of the curve and has this program at an all time high. It’s really crazy to think about.

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Dawgs got a decent passing game this year? With their usual D that's about all it will take.

Yes. Not as good as last year, but way above average.

Dawgs
12-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Got nothing wrong with somebody picking LV to win state. I think there is little doubt they are the most talented team this year. Carthage is still a year away from getting back to being elite athletically. Next 2 years we will be back with elite skill kids as they get older, bigger, stronger, and faster.

The question is are you going to bet against Surratt at his house? (That’s if Carthage beats LH obviously) You know better lostaussie. Not saying Carthage wins it, but you want to bet against the GOAT on his home field?

Caveman
12-10-2018, 12:56 PM
La Vega is too one-dimensional. 17 yds passing against Argyle ain't gonna get it done against whoever they face in the finals. It also ain't gonna rain indoors at Jerry World. Their secondary is not that good. If La Vega gets there the game will be over at the half.

waterboy
12-10-2018, 01:36 PM
I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.

Dawgs
12-10-2018, 02:12 PM
I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.

People are saying they are as good. But that’s hard for me to believe. Those teams were awesome.

Dawgs
12-10-2018, 02:17 PM
La Vega is too one-dimensional. 17 yds passing against Argyle ain't gonna get it done against whoever they face in the finals. It also ain't gonna rain indoors at Jerry World. Their secondary is not that good. If La Vega gets there the game will be over at the half.
I don’t know man. They have grown men on both lines, and are hands down the most athletic team left. I am a firm believer it takes a balanced offense nowadays, but when your players are better than everbody else’s players you are going to be hard to beat. I think LV is the favorite.

Cam
12-10-2018, 02:46 PM

...well.....I don't know about "out of the building"...but they did get run "out of the stadium" in 2010 by Burnet 48 to 6......I know cause my boy got blamed for a late hit that gave Barney a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score near the end.....so, it was his fault the shutout was lost.....but, he said it was worth it! hehehehe......he never did like them Barneys....
purple sucks but I still gotta root for the district team....plus, panfan is my buddy!......GO ARMY!!...saw your boy on TV!

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.......

Matthew328
12-10-2018, 10:29 PM
...well.....I don't know about "out of the building"...but they did get run "out of the stadium" in 2010 by Burnet 48 to 6......I know cause my boy got blamed for a late hit that gave Barney a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score near the end.....so, it was his fault the shutout was lost.....but, he said it was worth it! hehehehe......he never did like them Barneys....
purple sucks but I still gotta root for the district team....plus, panfan is my buddy!......GO ARMY!!...saw your boy on TV!

Houston seems like an odd choice...a little close mileage wise to Liberty Hill but overall travel time is probably close to the same...Waco would probably be closer to neutral but I dont think Surratt likes playing there lol

panfan
12-10-2018, 11:25 PM

He got in a little, still nursing a banged up knee. It was nice to go see the game in person.

oldtownag
12-11-2018, 05:12 AM
Houston seems like an odd choice...a little close mileage wise to Liberty Hill but overall travel time is probably close to the same...Waco would probably be closer to neutral but I dont think Surratt likes playing there lol

Surratt loves Corsica thought. Bet he liost the flip.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2018, 05:58 AM

This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. ;) I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.

jason
12-11-2018, 11:25 AM
for what it's worth - pigskin has liberty hill as a 6 point favorite

panfan
12-11-2018, 12:37 PM
This matchup reminds me of the 2014 semi's LH vs navasota. A big speedy team with lots of weapons in a relatively balanced offense vs the run heavy panthers. Recall, that as of half time in that game, LH was winning, but the lead was dwindling. I don't think we adjusted defensively as needed to pressure Navasota's QB and he had all day to wait for their speedy receivers to outrun our secondary. Offensively, we got predictable and in the second half, navasota's D shut down the LH run game.

IMO, keys to this game against Carthage.
Defense, constant pressure on the QB, don't let him get comfortable. Sure handed tackling, by multiple players. Hit them harder then they have been hit all year (and yes I think we have some guys that can do that). Give them multiple defensive looks and delayed blitzes from different angle. Again don't be predictable.

Offense - no fumbles!.. Don't be predictable, and while many think the Slot T is , it is far from that if called correctly. Keep them honest with some passing, but stick to what you do best, run the ball. Offensive line has got to get the 3 - 4 yard push. Consistently. Chew up the clock and keep their offense off the field.

If LH does what it can do which is execute at a high level, they can beat Carthage. They don't and it will be a long day against a high powered team such as this. I'm gong with LH by a field goal with the expectation that Walker has hammered this into them this week.

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2018, 03:03 PM
If Gunner has time, Dixon and Del will run by the LH D backs.
Carthage has a great O line with two DI linemen and maybe three before it all said and done.
Carthage is very balanced, running and passing. LH will have to pick their poison. Stop run or stop the pass. Going to be a great game.

LHPfactory
12-11-2018, 04:49 PM
This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. ;) I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.

Neat info about the classes of kids on this team, they were youngsters (Seniors were K and 1st in 06 and 07) when the 2006 and 2007 teams won it all. But many of them were trained from video of those teams when they were in youth. We implemented the LH system top to bottom with this bunch. In youth football I would assign my lineman and running backs to specifically to watch the Beast (Terry) and Bode videos. We really pushed them to model that relentless team play and intensity, and yes meanness between the snap and the whistle that the 2006 and 2007 Champs did so well. Statistically they have passed the 2006 and 2007 teams but it remains to be seen if they can have the same finish, I firmly believe they will.

My Senior was at both Championship games as a little boy, Im hoping to see him play in his own in just over a week, between now and then, Carthage.

LH Panther Mom, I dont blame you for being bias, 2006 and 2007 have done what noone else has done in 104 years of Football at LHHS. I hope the 2018 Team joins them in that feat, they may not have realized it then but the Champs had an impact on the development of this group, its also fitting that some of them are their coaches now.

Celina8
12-11-2018, 04:57 PM
If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.

LHPfactory
12-11-2018, 04:59 PM
If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.

Doug Allman, he actually came to these boys youth practices over the years, showed them his rings. This bunch has been grinding for years to get to Arlington, Im praying they go the distance.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2018, 11:15 AM
LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week???? :vrycnfsd:

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2018, 06:23 PM
LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week???? :vrycnfsd:

Isn't it obvious? Keep your opponent on their toes! Besides, I think some of the boys are a little tired of running so much. (You know, if you pass, there's no running involved. :doh: )

panfan
12-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Over on the Smoaky website, most of the carthage faithful are already assuming a win and a date at Jerry World. :tisk:

d0tc0m
12-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Over on the Smoaky website, most of the carthage faithful are already assuming a win and a date at Jerry World. :tisk:

I can't help but think of Celina/LH in 2006. I remember after the Bobcats beat Vernon in the semifinals, going home and watching highlights of LH/Hondo and laughing. I thought there was no way in hell those purple Panthers even deserved to be on the field with Celina. I remember being on here and going on and on about how the Slot-T was just about the worst thing you could run against the vaunted 10-1 defense, and how it was literally designed to stop this kind of team (and, it really was). And then I remember being in Baylor's stadium, seeing Bode and Allman and how efficient LH ran that offense, and how insanely difficult it was to track the football, and I was blown away, and I knew we were going to be in a dogfight. It was, obviously, and the Panthers squeaked one out.

So, if Carthage is of a similar mindset as many of us Celina fans (mainly looking at myself here) were a decade ago, they're going to be in for a shock.

On the flip side, after we lost that game in 2006, I remember talking to one of the coaches, and he said, and I quote, "Butch (our head coach a d-coordinator) will never lose to that team again." Butch Ford got his chance two years later, and Celina mopped the floor with a still very good Panthers team. So, if you've got recent experience against THE slot-T (not the wing-t or any variation, but the true-blue slot-T), you've got a leg up. And if there's a coach out there who's got some magic in his pocket, it's Surratt.

All that said, this LH team reminds me of that 2006 squad, and they felt somewhat fated for the title. I think they shock the Dawgs and get it done and take on La Vega in Jerry's World next week.

d0tc0m
12-13-2018, 01:21 PM
And for the Carthage folks who think they'll have a huge speed advantage over LH, you may check that at the gate. Kelvontay will be the most athletic on the field and probably the fastest, no question. But the Panthers, from what I've seen, are quicker off the ball along both lines, and Kyle Harrison in the backfield has the burst and the vision to blow past Carthage's LBs and secondary. He'll break some long ones.

1st and goal
12-13-2018, 06:17 PM
I can't help but think of Celina/LH in 2006. I remember after the Bobcats beat Vernon in the semifinals, going home and watching highlights of LH/Hondo and laughing. I thought there was no way in hell those purple Panthers even deserved to be on the field with Celina. I remember being on here and going on and on about how the Slot-T was just about the worst thing you could run against the vaunted 10-1 defense, and how it was literally designed to stop this kind of team (and, it really was). And then I remember being in Baylor's stadium, seeing Bode and Allman and how efficient LH ran that offense, and how insanely difficult it was to track the football, and I was blown away, and I knew we were going to be in a dogfight. It was, obviously, and the Panthers squeaked one out.

So, if Carthage is of a similar mindset as many of us Celina fans (mainly looking at myself here) were a decade ago, they're going to be in for a shock.

On the flip side, after we lost that game in 2006, I remember talking to one of the coaches, and he said, and I quote, "Butch (our head coach a d-coordinator) will never lose to that team again." Butch Ford got his chance two years later, and Celina mopped the floor with a still very good Panthers team. So, if you've got recent experience against THE slot-T (not the wing-t or any variation, but the true-blue slot-T), you've got a leg up. And if there's a coach out there who's got some magic in his pocket, it's Surratt.

All that said, this LH team reminds me of that 2006 squad, and they felt somewhat fated for the title. I think they shock the Dawgs and get it done and take on La Vega in Jerry's World next week.

My wife and I traveled up from Giddings to see that game.

solocam
12-13-2018, 08:13 PM
That was a slobber Knocker

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2018, 10:55 PM

Most definitely! I couldn't even watch Gio's attempted FG since no one had ever seen one!

LHPfactory
12-13-2018, 10:57 PM

I saw that too, Panfan. The Panthers are relaxed and as always will leave it all on the field. As for me, Y’all know I believe in this bunch of young men to a fault, I always have. I don’t believe any team in the State has out worked them. Looking forward to this game, there will also be a surprise tomorrow... hint: nostalgia from the Championship years.

Here is an interview with Carthage’s Coach Surratt , I agree with him when he said: no one has played Carthage as hard as Liberty Hill will, These LHHS Boys are relentless.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtXShAaeIIPreview&feature=youtu.be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
12-14-2018, 12:22 AM

One of the hardest-hitting games I’ve ever seen in person.

Daddy D 11
12-14-2018, 09:38 AM

Awesome post dOtcOm! Brings back lots of memories. I remember being on the other side of that banter leading up to the title game :D

I must bring it up though: the rematch between Celina and LH in 2008 had one thing missing...Walker wasn't the OC anymore. He had moved on to be HC at Rodgers.

While Celina DEFINITELY mopped the floor (I was at the game), it wasn't quite the same LH team (imo). Walker is back now, though, and it should be a great game tonight in Houston!

Daddy D 11
12-14-2018, 09:40 AM
I saw that too, Panfan. The Panthers are relaxed and as always will leave it all on the field. As for me, Y’all know I believe in this bunch of young men to a fault, I always have. I don’t believe any team in the State has out worked them. Looking forward to this game, there will also be a surprise tomorrow... hint: nostalgia from the Championship years.

Here is an interview with Carthage’s Coach Surratt , I agree with him when he said: no one has played Carthage as hard as Liberty Hill will, These LHHS Boys are relentless.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtXShAaeIIPreview&feature=youtu.be

What is this surprise you speak of??? :1popcorn:

DM me...haha

Celina8
12-14-2018, 09:42 AM
What is the weather supposed to be for the game tonight. I can tell you here in the Austin area it is just cold and very very windy .

d0tc0m
12-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Awesome post dOtcOm! Brings back lots of memories. I remember being on the other side of that banter leading up to the title game :D

I must bring it up though: the rematch between Celina and LH in 2008 had one thing missing...Walker wasn't the OC anymore. He had moved on to be HC at Rodgers.

While Celina DEFINITELY mopped the floor (I was at the game), it wasn't quite the same LH team (imo). Walker is back now, though, and it should be a great game tonight in Houston!

That 2008 team didn't have Bode or Allman, either. They were still a pretty dang good team, though, but you're right, Walker would have made things closer. But, Celina's 2008 team was nothing like the 2006 and 2007 teams either.

Since we're talking about that era ... I think we all would've paid good money to see Celina and LH go at it in 2007. Of that three-year span (06-08), I think that was the best iteration of both those teams. I know the 2007 Celina team is one of our all-time greats. A top-three team all-time for us, in my opinion.

Daddy D 11
12-14-2018, 11:01 AM
That 2008 team didn't have Bode or Allman, either. They were still a pretty dang good team, though, but you're right, Walker would have made things closer. But, Celina's 2008 team was nothing like the 2006 and 2007 teams either.

Since we're talking about that era ... I think we all would've paid good money to see Celina and LH go at it in 2007. Of that three-year span (06-08), I think that was the best iteration of both those teams. I know the 2007 Celina team is one of our all-time greats. A top-three team all-time for us, in my opinion.

Yes I agree. Both teams were monsters that next season! What I remember most from the 08 Celina team was that they had Levey and he was EVERYWHERE that season. I remember watching his film leading up to that game and I was like :ack!:

solocam
12-14-2018, 11:44 AM
i couldnt believe they were going to kick it,i thought why are they letting the clock run down.Then Boom nailed it

d0tc0m
12-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes I agree. Both teams were monsters that next season! What I remember most from the 08 Celina team was that they had Levey and he was EVERYWHERE that season. I remember watching his film leading up to that game and I was like :ack!:

Yeah, man 2007 was basically ... who's going to lose to LH and Celina in the Div. I/II title games.

And Lavey was a monster. Crazy thing is he was a monster in 2006 as a freshman, and as a sophomore in 2007. He was very good in 2008. And one of the difference makers in that state title game — apart from Dwight Smith being a friggin grown man with superhuman ability — was Carthage's ability to get o-lineman to Lavey, which no other team had done all year. It didn't help that our best defensive lineman, whose primary job was to keep Lavey free, broke his leg in pregame (freak deal). Things could've gone differently, but who knows. Smith was insanely good, and Carthage's offensive line was unbelievable. We certainly would've seen more Lavey/Smith collisions, and good gosh, those might've registered on seismographs.

speedbump
12-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past. Not to worry. I'm here to help with your futures. This game won't be decided by 2005 or 6, and it won't be decided by previous Carthage championships. Heck,it won't even be decided by the slot t. This game will be about the LH pass defense. Carthage will find a way to beat it. Dawgs by 10. So now you know.

panfan
12-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past. Not to worry. I'm here to help with your futures. This game won't be decided by 2005 or 6, and it won't be decided by previous Carthage championships. Heck,it won't even be decided by the slot t. This game will be about the LH pass defense. Carthage will find a way to beat it. Dawgs by 10. So now you know.

NAH. We trust that tonight, aka the future, we are still playing while there are a bunch o teams not playing! The distant future, aka tomorrow, remains to be seen. Hey , BTW in south texas does roadkill count as a speedbump?

Tejastrue
12-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Take it to em LH!

speedbump
12-14-2018, 06:23 PM
NAH. We trust that tonight, aka the future, we are still playing while there are a bunch o teams not playing! The distant future, aka tomorrow, remains to be seen. Hey , BTW in south texas does roadkill count as a speedbump?

Roadkill is debris,although if it's been layin there long enough to get hard,it can be upgraded t speedbump. You've never run over a squishy speedbump have you?

Bosqueville
12-14-2018, 11:43 PM
Congrats Liberty Hill!!!

oldtownag
12-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Congrats LH. Dawgs just couldn't quite catch up.

Tejastrue
12-15-2018, 12:01 AM
Congrats Liberty Hill!!!

Yes sir..congrats Panthers!

LHAG
12-15-2018, 12:09 AM
Congrats LH. Dawgs just couldn't quite catch up.

Great run Carthage! 40 games in a row is a rare rare accomplishment. Panthers need to beat La Vega by 10 or more to further solidify the Carthage legacy. Go Panthers!

jason
12-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Good win Liberty Hill...

A question for the Carthage folks...
Are the Carthage radio guys always that bad or did they just have an off game?

Between being monotone the whole game, all the dead air between plays, and calling plays wrong because the were faked out made it almost un-listenable. It would be 3rd and 6 for 10 seconds and then they'd realize it was first and 10 because they got faked out. It happened at least once a drive.

They even gave up and had conceded the loss with 2 minutes left.

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2018, 12:56 AM

Yes? ;)

panfan
12-15-2018, 01:02 AM
Congrats carthage on great season. LH, wow. Great hard fought game, won two battles tonight, one against a very good team, the other against very poor officiating.

Celina8
12-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Congratulations Liberty Hill on the victory as I touted how good your team was early in the season . Carthage great season and 40 in a row is an incredible accomplishment .

Daddy D 11
12-15-2018, 09:00 AM
If it weren’t for the refs, I think LH wins by 3 touchdowns. MOST SLANTED referees I’ve ever seen. It was unreal. I think there were 2 penalties called on Carthage the whole game??? How many did LH have? 10-12?

Honestly Carthage wasn’t that impresssive. Congrats on a great season though!

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2018, 10:15 AM
If it weren’t for the refs, I think LH wins by 3 touchdowns. MOST SLANTED referees I’ve ever seen. It was unreal. I think there were 2 penalties called on Carthage the whole game??? How many did LH have? 10-12?

Geez.... you won.... Who cares at that point??

GUNHO
12-15-2018, 10:47 AM

They did score 41 on ya.Pretty impressive in my book.smh

Daddy D 11
12-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Geez.... you won.... Who cares at that point??

You watched the game... am I wrong?

oldtownag
12-15-2018, 12:26 PM

And if not for uncharacteristic dropped passes Carthage might have won by 3 touchdowns too. But oh well. Good Luck LH next week despite Daddy D 11 poor sportmanship.

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2018, 12:50 PM
You watched the game... am I wrong?

I didn’t make it, but regardless... Complaining about refs after a win saying you should’ve won by more is weak

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Great run Carthage! 40 games in a row is a rare rare accomplishment. Panthers need to beat La Vega by 10 or more to further solidify the Carthage legacy. Go Panthers!La Vega looked solid even their backups
Both familiar with each other as they were in same district past two seasons.

1st and goal
12-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Really good win LH.

When is next week's game?

1st and goal
12-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Really good win LH.

When is next week's game?

Never mind, I see it's on 12/21 at 3pm.

panfan
12-15-2018, 05:24 PM
I didn’t make it, but regardless... Complaining about refs after a win saying you should’ve won by more is weak

Horse hockey. So it's ok to complain about refs after loss and blame them for why you lost. It was so bad, before we even were in the huddle and changed the player out, they called IP. The head umpire threw most the flags, sometimes from across the field. He had an agenda and it didnt include LH winning. I saw about 4 legit calls, rest were phantom calls onLh or no calls on carthage.

Daddy D 11
12-15-2018, 06:06 PM

You didn’t even watch the game? So you’ve got no idea what I was referring to?

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2018, 06:45 PM
Horse hockey. So it's ok to complain about refs after loss and blame them for why you lost. It was so bad, before we even were in the huddle and changed the player out, they called IP. The head umpire threw most the flags, sometimes from across the field. He had an agenda and it didnt include LH winning. I saw about 4 legit calls, rest were phantom calls onLh or no calls on carthage.

Where did I say it’s okay to cry about refs? It’s weak in any circumstance, especially after a win

LHPfactory
12-15-2018, 07:35 PM

I agree Panfan, I was on the Sideline with a field level view. It was terrible. But Our young men got it done.

Cam
12-15-2018, 07:44 PM
..the poor officiating was most definitely Greendawgs fault!!.....

lostaussie
12-15-2018, 09:57 PM
..the poor officiating was most definitely Greendawgs fault!!.....

I'm glad somebody is taking the blame.