PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger-Midland Greenwood Preview

Matthew328
08-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Balliner vs Midland Greenwood
7:30 Friday Grande Communications Stadium, Midland
Last Year: Greenwood 27 Ballinger 6
Greenwood 42 Balliner 20 (Reg Semi-Final)

Key Players: Ballinger TB Antonio Posey, WR John King
Greenwood QB/K Dawson Wilbur, TB Jeremy Audas

About Ballinger: Could this be the year Ballinger breaks through and makes a run at a title? On offense it starts with Posey who with an injury free year could put up big time numbers...King leads an underrated group of recievers that takes a lot of pressure off Posey...the Defense returns 7 and should be even better this year..

About Greenwood: No one saw 15-1 coming from the Rangers last year as they nearly shocked the world as they rolled into the state title game before losing a heartbreaker to Bandera..the Rangers still have plenty of ammo left and Wilbur and Audas are the big guns..Audas had 1663 yards last year and Wilbur is a threat to run, pass or kick..as he has 50+ range...

Overall: Maybe the game of the week in West Texas..Ballinger will be looking to avenge 2 tough losses last year...and a question surrounding Greenwood can they handle being the hunted instead of the hunter? I think this one will be close...Ballinger could very well pull the upset but I'll take Greenwood by 4....

Green Ranger
08-27-2003, 11:14 AM
For the record, not that anybody is counting, but Dawson has kicked several field goals above the 60's and his kick-offs on average are a yard or two out of the back of the end zone.

xlr8tor
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't see Greenwood going down yet. It should be a great game, but I suspect Greenwood will prevail. But, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see these two meet again in the postseason (although I haven't looked to see which division these two will go into assuming they both make the playoffs.) Just my take.