PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs Celina

Celina8
11-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Not much discussion on this one as expectations are for the Eagles to fly high again in this game and I cannot disagree. I think the difference in talent level is just to much for the Bobcats to overcome as Dotcom stated after the first beat down a few weeks back this is one of the best Eagle teams he has ever seen. What I am hoping is that we keep the score within respectable range . The Bobcats surprised me with their victory over Stephenville which I know was a very hard fought game by two very proud programs . Wish the Bobcats the best of luck from Central Texas.

Matthew328
11-29-2018, 03:02 PM
Bet there might be now...

https://twitter.com/BryanMurphy_/status/1068212863645466626?s=19

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Bet there might be now...

https://twitter.com/BryanMurphy_/status/1068212863645466626?s=19

I wondered how long it would take for that article to get put on here. Listen, I get what Coach Elliot is saying, and I really don't think he intended for any of his words to be seen as trash talk. What he's saying when he's talking about Argyle not improving any is they are already a freaking elite machine. They might have shored up a few things, but they are who they are. Their talent level is what it is. They're at their ceiling. It just so happens that, as he points out, that ceiling is very, very, very high. So, I don't think Coach Elliot meant anything nefarious in those quotes. In fact, I know he didn't. Having played for him, that's not his style. He would never get fodder to another team. But, at the same time, it's hard to read that and not think, 'Dude, we got beat by 6 TDs just a few weeks ago ... don't even flirt with trash talking.'

Celina8
11-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Not sure who Bryan Murphy is but I don't know anyone from Celina who is expressing or showing this type attitude. Pretty much everyone I talked to sides with my perspective of this game . We just hope to play much better than we did the last time we played Argyle.

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Not much discussion on this one as expectations are for the Eagles to fly high again in this game and I cannot disagree. I think the difference in talent level is just to much for the Bobcats to overcome as Dotcom stated after the first beat down a few weeks back this is one of the best Eagle teams he has ever seen. What I am hoping is that we keep the score within respectable range . The Bobcats surprised me with their victory over Stephenville which I know was a very hard fought game by two very proud programs . Wish the Bobcats the best of luck from Central Texas.

As for the game itself, man, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone anywhere who's going to pick the Bobcats to stay within four scores. And I think those folks are being kind and conservative. It's easy to think that Argyle is just going to waltz right past Celina, and maybe they will. They're certainly, without question, the most talented, well-rounded team Celina has played all season long, and it's not even remotely close.

But, for fun — or masochistic pleasure — I went back and watched the Celina-Argyle game (which I attended), and I'll say this ... Celina is MUCH improved since then, and much better than they showed that night. Can they matchup with Argyle, talent-wise? No. But can they play much more competitively than they did? Absolutely.

The thing that stood out to me when I re-watched the game was how vanilla both teams were, and, when I thought about it, it makes perfect sense. The district seeds were already set. Neither team was going to improve its position by pulling every trick out of the hat. Argyle looked like a teenager playing Madden, running hail Mary's every play. And Celina made zero defensive adjustments throughout the game, and when I was watching it live, I kept thinking, 'What are they doing?' But why throw any sort of exotic packages out there? Why show your hand even in the slightest? Why not bring the house every single snap and put your DBs on islands the whole game? Just see what happens. You don't lose anything by doing that. You make your kids compete against an elite set of skill players, and you find out a little bit of what they're up against. Argyle did the same thing on defense. They never got out of their base look, that I saw. They didn't do anything special. Just straight forward. Offensively, Celina ran the same plays over and over. The pass sets they were running were so pitiful, and, again, while I was sitting in the stands, I kept getting frustrated at why they weren't mixing it up more. When they did break the mold a bit, they scored on a couple of big plays. (The third TD I don't even count, really, as it came in scrub time.)

I bring all that up, because if you look at what Celina did to Stephenville — who was far from a slouch team — it's completely different than what we saw in that 'rivalry' game against Argyle a few weeks ago. Defense looked completely different. Personnel was in different places, running different schemes and coverages. And, apart from a few blown assignments, accounting for Nowak on a couple of plays, the Bobcats shut Stephenville down ... and shut them out in the second half, after adjustments were made. It's been a long time since the Bobcats have played a defensive game like that and shutout an offense like that for a half. The offense was running much different sets, as well.

At the end of the day, this is still the best — or maybe a better term is 'most complete' — Argyle team I've ever seen, so I have no problem with the pundits, whoever they are, picking the Eagles to name their score. But Celina has drastically improved, and I hope that the upset win last week and the 'lack of respect' heading into this matchup has ignited a fire that can keep this game close for all four quarters and give ol' Argyle a bit of a scare. Hell, it's playoff football, and if the weather is what it's projected to be tomorrow, then, who knows? Crazy things can happen.

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Not sure who Bryan Murphy is but I don't know anyone from Celina who is expressing or showing this type attitude. Pretty much everyone I talked to sides with my perspective of this game . We just hope to play much better than we did the last time we played Argyle.

Bryan Murphy is a sports reporter for Star Media (Celina Record among the publications). Like a lot of reporters in today's age, he's stretched thin, trying to cover a large swath without great resources. I've been there, man, and it's tough, so I don't want to knock the kid. But, he's certainly not going to be winning any APSE or Texas Press Association awards anytime soon.

Celina8
11-29-2018, 03:37 PM
I would love to see Celina make a game of it and put a little shiver into the Eagle stands (lol) , but Argyle seems destined this year for the Title and after this game is over I will pull for them all the way . Very proud again for the Bobcats making great improvements and going much further than I expected in the playoffs. Might try to see LH play Sealy in Bastrop as that is just a few miles from me . Will see how the weather is and how I feel tomorrow evening.

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I would love to see Celina make a game of it and put a little shiver into the Eagle stands (lol) , but Argyle seems destined this year for the Title and after this game is over I will pull for them all the way . Very proud again for the Bobcats making great improvements and going much further than I expected in the playoffs. Might try to see LH play Sealy in Bastrop as that is just a few miles from me . Will see how the weather is and how I feel tomorrow evening.

This Argyle team definitely has that fated feel to them. But, I'm with you, I'm just happy to see the orange and white play another week! It feels like we're playing with house money right now and we've got nothing to lose. I don't know that it feels that way to the boys, but, as a fan, it does. I didn't think we'd survive that scare from WH (who is much better than they probably got credit for), and after that, I didn't think we had a snowball's chance against Stephenville.

But we're one of a few playing post-Thanksgiving, and that's always a special time. I just want the team and the coaches to leave it all out there at CH Collins tomorrow night. If they give everything they've got for 48 minutes, then you can't ask for more than that. Whether it's enough to get the job done or not, who knows, but you'll never be able to fault a group of kids who did everything they could within their power to win a football game.

Go Bobcats!

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 03:47 PM

On a side note ... you should definitely go see that LH/Sealy game. That has the makings of a dandy. I'd be lying if I said my Christmas list doesn't include a dream matchup between Celina and Liberty Hill. We still need that third game between the two to settle the split series from 2006 and 2008.

regaleagle
11-29-2018, 03:57 PM
No reason for Celina fans to be so gracious before the game.......the Bobcats are in the third round for good reasons. In football.....especially at the high school level.....on any given night, folks.....when two teams are at this point in the season. And then there's the weather forecast for thunderstorms......not good news for Argyle, for sure. I look for Celina's very best effort Friday night......rain or shine. The last time out it was a nightmare on Elm Street for them......just one of those things that happens sometimes on very rare occasions between rivals. But that was then and now is now......Celina will come to win, no doubt. Don't worry......Argyle has not lost any respect for its rival thru the years....the Celina Bobcats. They have beat Argyle more times than any other team ever......end of story. There is no reason to expect them to not be 200% ready for Argyle tomorrow night. I just hope the Eagles are ready and feel the same way as I do. Good Luck to both teams and I pray for an injury-free very competitive contest. Amen. GO EAGLES!!!

firstdown
11-29-2018, 05:36 PM
As for the game itself, man, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone anywhere who's going to pick the Bobcats to stay within four scores. And I think those folks are being kind and conservative. It's easy to think that Argyle is just going to waltz right past Celina, and maybe they will. They're certainly, without question, the most talented, well-rounded team Celina has played all season long, and it's not even remotely close.

But, for fun — or masochistic pleasure — I went back and watched the Celina-Argyle game (which I attended), and I'll say this ... Celina is MUCH improved since then, and much better than they showed that night. Can they matchup with Argyle, talent-wise? No. But can they play much more competitively than they did? Absolutely.

The thing that stood out to me when I re-watched the game was how vanilla both teams were, and, when I thought about it, it makes perfect sense. The district seeds were already set. Neither team was going to improve its position by pulling every trick out of the hat. Argyle looked like a teenager playing Madden, running hail Mary's every play. And Celina made zero defensive adjustments throughout the game, and when I was watching it live, I kept thinking, 'What are they doing?' But why throw any sort of exotic packages out there? Why show your hand even in the slightest? Why not bring the house every single snap and put your DBs on islands the whole game? Just see what happens. You don't lose anything by doing that. You make your kids compete against an elite set of skill players, and you find out a little bit of what they're up against. Argyle did the same thing on defense. They never got out of their base look, that I saw. They didn't do anything special. Just straight forward. Offensively, Celina ran the same plays over and over. The pass sets they were running were so pitiful, and, again, while I was sitting in the stands, I kept getting frustrated at why they weren't mixing it up more. When they did break the mold a bit, they scored on a couple of big plays. (The third TD I don't even count, really, as it came in scrub time.)

I bring all that up, because if you look at what Celina did to Stephenville — who was far from a slouch team — it's completely different than what we saw in that 'rivalry' game against Argyle a few weeks ago. Defense looked completely different. Personnel was in different places, running different schemes and coverages. And, apart from a few blown assignments, accounting for Nowak on a couple of plays, the Bobcats shut Stephenville down ... and shut them out in the second half, after adjustments were made. It's been a long time since the Bobcats have played a defensive game like that and shutout an offense like that for a half. The offense was running much different sets, as well.

At the end of the day, this is still the best — or maybe a better term is 'most complete' — Argyle team I've ever seen, so I have no problem with the pundits, whoever they are, picking the Eagles to name their score. But Celina has drastically improved, and I hope that the upset win last week and the 'lack of respect' heading into this matchup has ignited a fire that can keep this game close for all four quarters and give ol' Argyle a bit of a scare. Hell, it's playoff football, and if the weather is what it's projected to be tomorrow, then, who knows? Crazy things can happen.

Please don’t p1$$ in my boot and tell me it’s raining. Celina has a lot of pride in their storied program and rightly so. That being the last game played at Bobcat Stadium, I’m sure that the coaches for Celina didn’t go into the game not caring about a win or not. That game was important to the community and that’s what has always fed that machine. Good luck Friday you’re gonna need it.

d0tc0m
11-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Please don’t p1$$ in my boot and tell me it’s raining. Celina has a lot of pride in their storied program and rightly so. That being the last game played at Bobcat Stadium, I’m sure that the coaches for Celina didn’t go into the game not caring about a win or not. That game was important to the community and that’s what has always fed that machine. Good luck Friday you’re gonna need it.

Thanks, firstdown!

regaleagle
11-29-2018, 07:25 PM
I said rain or shine.....didn't I? If it rains......that's unfortunate for everybody but the game will still go on. It would be nicer to not have to deal with rain and stormy conditions. And BTW......Argyle makes its own way just fine......we don't need luck to win in anything.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Bigtime gameday for lots of playoff teams today. This is the day many Argyle faithful have waited for. This is the round Argyle has not been able to break thru for the past 2 seasons. The object is to get to the regional final just to have a chance to get out of this region and move to a semifinal. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 08:24 AM
BTW......we congratulate our district rival and district foe Celina for their good showing and big win last week. Today we are again opponents......may the best team win and there be no serious injuries in tonight's contest. No telling what might happen in this game tonight......I hope there are no weather delays.

firstdown
11-30-2018, 08:58 AM
The shoes on the other foot finally, after all the butt kicking we took from those guys back in the day the Eagles roll tonight!

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:02 AM
The shoes on the other foot finally, after all the butt kicking we took from those guys back in the day the Eagles roll tonight!

Boy!!! Do I ever remember those days!!! My son was on those teams and it was not fun facing Celina back then. They steamrolled us several times in a row in those years.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:09 AM
I was counting the seniors on this year's squad.....even those that just suit up and don't play much. There are 35 graduating this season.....that's a large senior class. But about half of the varsity that will suit for tonight's game. Still have some very good talent coming back next year as well. Heretell Celina has a very good JV coming up next season also. Good young talent from both of these programs next season.

jason
11-30-2018, 09:14 AM
Anyone know yet a location for argyle v la Vega?

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:17 AM

Somewhere in Texas.....otherwise known as Football Heaven, LOL.:D

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:18 AM
It would be great to play at The Star......and indoor facility.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:21 AM
Of course......we are certainly assuming quite a bit here with tonight's game yet to be decided. Celina has a good chance to pull the upset. Especially if we get inclimate weather......then anything can happen. That football can get mighty slick when it's wet.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:41 AM
Celina has some excellent athletes at the skill positions and some big beef on their lines. Logan Point#4 RB/OLB(5-11, 200/Jr.); Noah Ross#7 QB/WR and wherever else(5-10,170/Sr.); Hunter Watson#9 QB(6-2, 185/Jr.) make up a dynamic trio on offense. Andrew Martinez#72 OT(6-4, 305/Sr.); Trenton Williams#75 C(6-5, 280/Sr.); Jeff Adkins#67 G(6-0, 270/Sr.); and Caden Jackson#77 T(6-6, 250/Sr.) are some of that beef on the O-line I'm talking about. Maybe a couple of these guys will be on the D-line as well. But I think they have some quicker big guys that aren't quite as big and heavy for their D-line. Kaghen Roach#45 DE/LB (6-5,230/Sr.) is their star on defense.....he can line up anywhere and he will. This guy's name will be announced all the time.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 09:57 AM
You must remember that Celina was part of THE TOUGHEST district in all of 4A this season. Forget about what happened when these two teams met last time.....that's history! All that counts now is what happens out on that field in tonight's battle. It will be a very physical game full of hard-hitting and good all around football by both of these excellent football programs.....both teams well-coached. There will be tons of pride on the line also......both teams will give total effort on every single play to win this game. Under the lights on Friday night in the Texas High School Football playoffs......the Gridiron of Glory. In Denton, Texas at a great stadium on the loop.....C H Collins Athletic Complex. I'm not missing this one.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 10:02 AM

LoL. Regardless of who wins, the game will be in Midlothian — time/date TBD.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:02 AM
The game kicks at 7 pm. Probably lots of local interest in this one from fairweather fans that are well-acquainted with both programs around the DFW area.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:05 AM
LoL. Regardless of who wins, the game will be in Midlothian — time/date TBD.

Really??? Has this site already been agreed upon?

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 10:05 AM
I was counting the seniors on this year's squad.....even those that just suit up and don't play much. There are 35 graduating this season.....that's a large senior class. But about half of the varsity that will suit for tonight's game. Still have some very good talent coming back next year as well. Heretell Celina has a very good JV coming up next season also. Good young talent from both of these programs next season.

Yes, Celina's sophomore and freshman classes are something special. They'll be fun to watch in the coming years.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 10:06 AM
Really??? Has this site already been agreed upon?

According to Jessica Morrey (@JessicaMorrey) with KCEN News out of Waco it has been agreed upon. She tweeted the info out last night after La Vega sealed the deal.

Celina8
11-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Cannot confirm but heard that Argyle and La Vega are looking at Midlothian Stadium

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
According to Texas Bob's Stadium Database......Midlothian ISD Don Floyd Field. Capacity:8000. Built:2006. Turf: Artificial field. Video Scoreboard. No Track. Triple Decker Pressbox. Very nice facility!!! Probably about the right size stadium to accommodate a 4A-D1 Regional Final with a good feel for being relatively full and ontop of the action.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:18 AM
Argyle's fanbase is usually about 2,000 to these games.....not including the local cult following. Not sure about La Vega's.

jason
11-30-2018, 10:19 AM
According to Texas Bob's Stadium Database......Midlothian ISD Don Floyd Field. Capacity:8000. Built:2006. Turf: Artificial field. Video Scoreboard. No Track. Triple Decker Pressbox. Very nice facility!!! Probably about the right size stadium to accommodate a 4A-D1 Regional Final with a good feel for being relatively full and ontop of the action.
great facility to watch a game at - plenty of parking, plenty of seats, no track - hope i can make it

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 10:23 AM

Celina played Liberty Hill there in the 2008 semifinals. Great stadium. It's not huge, but it was full and electric in that matchup a decade ago. I would imagine next week would be the same.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Tonight's game at C H Collins Complex seats 12,000 by comparison. It has no track either and a video scoreboard. Built in 2004 for $23mil. the turf was replaced in 2013.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Tonight's game at C H Collins Complex seats 12,000 by comparison. It has no track either and a video scoreboard. Built in 2004 for $23mil. the turf was replaced in 2013.

I love Collins. It's a great stadium and always has a great atmosphere. Celina has played here many times, and I've always enjoyed it. The 2006 semifinal matchup against Vernon is the game that stands out to me there. That was another great environment. I imagine it'll be rocking tonight. God please, please keep the rain away and keep both teams/fan bases safe as they travel, and let the stadium be loud and full of Texas HS Football fans of both teams!

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 10:39 AM
The Star at Ford Center in Frisco also seats 12,000.....just for comparison. But really there is no comparison. That facility is absolutely top-notch in the country for its size. Eagle Stadium in Allen seats 18,000.

Caveman
11-30-2018, 01:03 PM
We've got thunderstorms scheduled for gametime according to WFAA weather.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 01:26 PM
We've got thunderstorms scheduled for gametime according to WFAA weather.

Eesh, that's not going to be fun. Could be looking at multiple delays. How big are the percentages? I wonder if it's worth postponing this thing until tomorrow?

Caveman
11-30-2018, 01:44 PM
It said 80%. Now it's down to 50% at gametime.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 02:26 PM
Says 7 pm to 8 pm around 55%, but quickly dropping to 15% thereafter. Sounds to me like a hit and miss chance. Probably a hit.....then its over and clears out.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Says 7 pm to 8 pm around 55%, but quickly dropping to 15% thereafter. Sounds to me like a hit and miss chance. Probably a hit.....then its over and clears out.

Then I say, 'let the boys play!'

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Bring an umbrella just in case. We may be watching the first half in some downpours. The first half usually lasts about an hour.

d0tc0m
11-30-2018, 03:06 PM
Bring an umbrella just in case. We may be watching the first half in some downpours. The first half usually lasts about an hour.

Wish I was going to be there! Y'all be safe traveling over there. I know it's not a far drive for either fan base, but, still want safe, efficient travels for both sides! Everybody have fun. I'm getting ready to leave work here in the next half-hour or so, and I'll be checked out until probably Monday, regardless of the outcome. I'll be listening to the broadcast, though!

Caveman
11-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Remember, 30 minutes after the last visible lightning flash. UIL Rule: Once activities have been suspended, wait at least thirty minutes following the last sound of thunder or lightning flash prior to resuming an activity or returning outdoors.

Celina8
11-30-2018, 03:41 PM
Guys just spoke with UIL and they are cancelling this game due to weather but said that both teams will be meeting at Chuckee-Cheese for a pizza party and games. The teams will compete in Skee Ball and Wacka Mole to see who moves on to the next round of the playoffs. Argyle can your team get there first and save a bunch of seats and go ahead and order the pizzas. We will be there later as it just takes us so much longer to get ready! I promise this is true, but please don't call UIL to confirm as they are not doing it for every team just ours! You can trust me on this information because it is coming from some guy who is on a message board that is on the internet. That should be validation enough right!!!! :D

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Do your guys want the Special or All Meat? Whadda ya think......about 40 of em sound about right???

Celina8
11-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Surprise us and 40 should be plenty!

Caveman
11-30-2018, 05:27 PM
revised weather. 15 % chance of rain. I guess that means no rain.
lots of wind though.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Forecast for kickoff at 7 pm is about 70 degrees with 15 mph wind from the S to SW. Possible development of stray thunderstorms later. Looks like we have the green light.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 06:05 PM
I hope the Eagles realize this is a classic trap game against an underrated Celina team tonite. I'm sure the coaches have done their due diligence in getting the team mentally prepared for a different Celina team this week. I look for trick plays and different alignments from the Bobcats to confuse our D and different alignments on defense to try to take away some of Argyle's bread and butter plays. Last time out neither team showed the other much in variety......tonight will be an unveiling.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Of course.......I know Coach Rodgers won't try something different unless he feels it's necessary. He likes to stick with what the team does well and what has worked best for the Eagles. But Argyle is very football savvy to making the called adjustments on the field during the game......I mean the players do a good job of understanding what the coaches are wanting them to do. Sometimes coaches outline adjustments for the players during the game, but the players don't respond or understand exactly. Then a big play happens because someone didn't make the correct adjustment.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Will be leaving the house soon.....traffic will be heavy on a Friday evening. About 20 min. to the stadium.....maybe more with traffic.

Wayne
12-01-2018, 07:09 AM
I don’t what the coaching staff in Celina did to get their boys to play lights out in the playoffs but it worked. Hats off to Celina players and coaches. Took down Stephenville last week and dang near pulled off the upset against Argyle. Very impressive.

bobcat1
12-01-2018, 07:41 AM
They did pull it off other than that last TD by Argyle. But Ray Charles didn't call the push down by the receiver and Great Season Celina. Congrats to Argyle.

Celina8
12-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Congratulation to both teams . Very hard fought game and just so proud of the Bobcats for leaving it all on the field. Good Luck Argyle as I hope you bring home the Title for your program and our district. Great job again to both teams.

d0tc0m
12-01-2018, 09:36 AM
I can’t even express how proud I am of this team and what they were able to do in the playoffs. That credit belongs to both the kids and the coaches. Just an outstanding job. Started to look like the Celina of old. I know those boys got their hearts broken last night, but they have nothing to be ashamed of! They did everything they had to do to win that game, and they represented their community very well.

Congrats to Argyle on the second-half adjustments and the poise to drive down the field there at the end. It’s not the Eagles’ fault that the officials changed the outcome of the game, so you can’t really be upset at those kids. They fought pretty dang hard, as well. Their coaches did a great job in the second half. After the game, my initial thought was that we exposed Argyle and La Vega would have a field day next week. And, if the Eagles play like they did last night, the Pirates will embarrass them. Unfortunately for La Vega, and the rest of the teams still playing, I think Celina might have just woken Argyle up and showed them that even though they’re elite, it’s not going to be a cakewalk to the title. Good luck the rest of the way, Argyle.

d0tc0m
12-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Lots of underclassmen on the field for the Bobcats last night. Lots of them playing key roles in the game. I’m telling you, Celina’s going to be a force in the coming years. Future is bright for the orange and white, and this loss is probably going to serve like gasoline on an old flame.

Tejastrue
12-01-2018, 11:09 AM
If I recall correctly, some Argyle folks were saying that this was their best team ever? Do they still feel that way?

d0tc0m
12-01-2018, 11:35 AM
If I recall correctly, some Argyle folks were saying that this was their best team ever? Do they still feel that way?

Last night can’t be the barometer for that, in my opinion. I’m really the one who said this was the most complete Argyle team I’ve ever seen - and I’m a Celina fan - and have seen every Eagles squad play dating back to the early years when the Bobcats did to them what they did to us three weeks ago.

I still stand by this being the best Argyle team I’ve seen, and I think last nights scare might’ve woken the beast up a bit, but time will tell. It’s so freaking hard to win a title, so it’s hard to say this team has to do that in order to actually be the best Argyle team of all time. So, I still hold that same sentiment about the Eagles, but their fans would have much more insight and opinions on that than me.

regaleagle
12-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Argyle was still in position to tie the game with a field goal at the end even IF that TD didn't occur.....and we have a senior very accurate kicker in Grant Shaw that has made them from 40 yds out. It didn't come to that with the TD, but it could have. Argyle did have time left if needed to tie it and send the game into OT. Argyle didn't score the TD on 4th down and were already within Shaw's range if needed. So the game would not have necessarily ended in a Celina win if the TD didn't happen. There were questionable calls and noncalls throughout the game. Congrats to Celina for a very impressive effort in disrupting the Argyle offensive attack and finding ways to be effective against the Eagles D. Congrats on making it to the 3rd round and almost pulling the upset. I tried to tell the Argyle faithful before the game it would be a different game and Celina would play differently. They just didn't get it......they were all so confident. Alot of these fans were the parents of the players.....so I guess the players were overconfident also. I think they get it now, Huh? Good job Celina.

Twirling Time
12-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Tough first season for Celina playing with the big dogs, but they lit the fire right on time, made it to the third round and almost pulled it off.

I know last time was the last game at Bobcat Field, but I'm guessing with the seeds all set and a rematch likely, Celina played a lot of base defense and called lots of runs between the tackles in that first blowout. Especially after it got to 28-0 early.

If the new Celina ISD Stadium is a carbon copy of Anna, I will be very happy. That stadium is pretty nice.

Dawgs
12-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Playoff football is a strange thing. That’s why you can’t go by common opponents or even games earlier in the year against the same teams. It’s all about matchups, executing, coaching, and luck. Crazy to think how bad Argyle beat Celina in district play, and then for them to dang near get beat. That’s what makes the TXHSFB playoffs the best tournament in the world. Don’t think any less of Argyle cause his game was so close. Main take away from this is Celina showing a lot of heart. Everybody had them picked to get destroyed, and they came out swinging. I know it was a tough season, but this is something to build on for sure. Argyle did what great teams do, and that is find a way to win games deep in the playoffs. Don’t matter if it’s by 50 or 1. Survive and advance.

Wayne
12-02-2018, 08:07 PM
You sir are correct. You have to give Celina props for their improvements since that district loss. They also knocked out a good Stephenville team that no one expected. Including myself. Argyle will definitely have to put in the time for this next game. It won’t be easy either.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Any video of the last TD?

d0tc0m
12-03-2018, 10:28 AM
I do on my phone. Give me a bit and I’ll try to find a way to upload it. I’ll send you a DM.

bobcat1
12-03-2018, 07:29 PM
I do on my phone. Give me a bit and I’ll try to find a way to upload it. I’ll send you a DM.Post it to youtube and put the link in here.

Caveman
12-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Final TD. https://www.facebook.com/ArgyleSports/videos/2275427616070417/

Dawgs
12-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Did he push the DB down, or did he just fall down. I can’t tell from the video.

regaleagle
12-04-2018, 03:54 PM
There's two videos on the Argyle Eagles Twitter site that shows two different angles of the play.....both far better than the one above. One is a goal line shot in slowmo from the opposite sideline and the other is on the same sideline looking down the sideline toward the goal line. One video is embedded in other clips under the Talon News listing and the other is found down the Twitter page under the listing Friday Night Glory......that's the slowmo one from the opposite sideline.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2018, 08:28 PM
The Facebook link above doesn’t show me anything, and neither does the Friday night glory link.

The link from talon news kinda maybe shows something, but again not the best view of it...? But it doesn’t appear to be enough to knock the guy down? It’s not as bad as I was expecting based on the responses on this thread, I’ll say that...

Celina8
12-04-2018, 08:35 PM
I say they game is over and Argyle has a big game this Friday night so good luck and be safe if your traveling to watch this game.

Caveman
12-04-2018, 11:38 PM
I say they game is over and Argyle has a big game this Friday night so good luck and be safe if your traveling to watch this game.

Thanks man.

Caveman
12-04-2018, 11:51 PM
This is a better shot. https://youtu.be/onTJWnGg7JI?t=80 It appears to me that maybe the defender was trying to fall in order to impede the receivers path. Good idea, it just didn't work in that situation.