PDA

View Full Version : Sealy (12-0) vs. Liberty Hill (10-1) 7:30 p.m. Friday at Bastrop’s Memorial Stadium

Scoop27
11-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Going with the Tigers in close one. They are that damn good

solocam
11-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Going with the Panthers,Slot T keeps rolling ,Could take 45 points to win this one,should be a good game

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2018, 04:07 PM
I think LH wins, but this will definitely be their toughest 4A test.

I might try to make this one

Scoop27
11-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Webcast
www.sealysports.com

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2018, 11:33 PM

You should!

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2018, 11:34 PM
This will be our toughest opponent since Hutto. Panthers will have to being their A game!

LHPfactory
11-28-2018, 03:25 PM
I had the opportunity to watch the Sealy vs Boerne game and have glanced over their season, and yes looked at max preps to see the numbers they put up.
The Tigers are a good football team on both sides of the ball. But a couple of things that will come into play from what I saw, I honestly didnt see any team on the Sealy Schedule that has an Offense or Defense near as good as Liberty Hill.

I was curious as to how statistically this LH Team stood up to the 2006 and 2007 Champions along with LHs team that made the deepest run in the past 5 years, the 2014 Semi Finalist.
I averaged the points scored and points allowed in District play only to keep it simple and quick.

LH District Averages:
2006 State Champions - Offense = 44 ppg //// Defense = 22 ppg allowed
2007 State Champions - Offense = 47 ppg //// Defense = 13 ppg allowed
2014 Semi Finalist - Offense = 32 ppg //// Defense = 24 ppg allowed
2018 Run In Progress - Offense = 62 ppg //// Defense = 14 ppg allowed

Sealy District Average:
2018 Sealy Tigers - Offense = 38 ppg // Defense = 13.5 ppg allowed

What does all this mean? Just that we have a heck of a football team, but we cannot play like we did last Friday night, Sealy is to good to not play our best game.

No doubt Sealy has a good Offense and Defense, what has been overshadowed by our offense is that fact that we have a good Defense also, They are relentless and physical to a level that I really dont believe Sealy has seen this fall.

In the end, 2 Very good football teams are squaring off: Liberty Hill 10-1 and Sealy 12-0 (The Tigers convincingly earned this undefeated record). It should be a good game, but Im betting on my Panthers all the way.

speedbump
11-28-2018, 04:41 PM
I had the opportunity to watch the Sealy vs Boerne game and have glanced over their season, and yes looked at max preps to see the numbers they put up.
The Tigers are a good football team on both sides of the ball. But a couple of things that will come into play from what I saw, I honestly didnt see any team on the Sealy Schedule that has an Offense or Defense near as good as Liberty Hill.

I was curious as to how statistically this LH Team stood up to the 2006 and 2007 Champions along with LHs team that made the deepest run in the past 5 years, the 2014 Semi Finalist.
I averaged the points scored and points allowed in District play only to keep it simple and quick.

LH District Averages:
2006 State Champions - Offense = 44 ppg //// Defense = 22 ppg allowed
2007 State Champions - Offense = 47 ppg //// Defense = 13 ppg allowed
2014 Semi Finalist - Offense = 32 ppg //// Defense = 24 ppg allowed
2018 Run In Progress - Offense = 62 ppg //// Defense = 14 ppg allowed

Sealy District Average:
2018 Sealy Tigers - Offense = 38 ppg // Defense = 13.5 ppg allowed

What does all this mean? Just that we have a heck of a football team, but we cannot play like we did last Friday night, Sealy is to good to not play our best game.

No doubt Sealy has a good Offense and Defense, what has been overshadowed by our offense is that fact that we have a good Defense also, They are relentless and physical to a level that I really dont believe Sealy has seen this fall.

In the end, 2 Very good football teams are squaring off: Liberty Hill 10-1 and Sealy 12-0 (The Tigers convincingly earned this undefeated record). It should be a good game, but Im betting on my Panthers all the way.

No Sealy hasn't played an offense as good,but don't get carried away.West Columbia and Bellville both had a better defense than LH.

panfan
11-28-2018, 05:03 PM
LH wins this one in a close contest not based on their defensive effort, but their offensive effort. Defense will keep them in the game, and they will give up some points, maybe more than they have all year. BUT, I believe the offense will outscore the Tigers offense and control the clock, which in effect, is a limitation on the Tiger Offensive time of possession, further limiting their opportunity to score.

speedbump
11-28-2018, 06:29 PM
LH wins this one in a close contest not based on their defensive effort, but their offensive effort. Defense will keep them in the game, and they will give up some points, maybe more than they have all year. BUT, I believe the offense will outscore the Tigers offense and control the clock, which in effect, is a limitation on the Tiger Offensive time of possession, further limiting their opportunity to score.

I'd have to agree with most of that. Not sure the total points will equal the LH-Hutto game though. This could well be the lowest scoring game the Panthers have had. Partly because Sealys offense will keep the ball away from LH to some degree and the Tiger D is very familiar with the slot t. They are 12 miles from Bellville and have been playing against it since they were about 2. lol All that being said I have to go with the Panthers by 17 to 24. They have to much talent no matter what offense they run.

Scoop27
11-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Let LH fans be over confident. Sealy folks love it

panfan
11-28-2018, 06:51 PM

Confident yes, over confident no. Sealy is undefeated for a reason and we all know that. :tisk:

speedbump
11-28-2018, 07:09 PM

Sealy fans don't know whats coming at them. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. I know one thing for sure. If LH doesn't get by Sealy I never want to hear about the slot t again. lol

panfan
11-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Sealy fans don't know whats coming at them. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. I know one thing for sure. If LH doesn't get by Sealy I never want to hear about the slot t again. lol

I remember scrimmaging Sealy in '12 when my boy was a soph. I don't recall how either team did, and that is irrelevant to today. i just recall the man child, Seals-jones, walking down our fastest guy from behind and after about a 40 yard sprint to catch up and flinging him out of bounds. That guy went on to NM state for track and football so he was no pushover.

Sealy have any man childs? like that now?

speedbump
11-28-2018, 08:25 PM
I remember scrimmaging Sealy in '12 when my boy was a soph. I don't recall how either team did, and that is irrelevant to today. i just recall the man child, Seals-jones, walking down our fastest guy from behind and after about a 40 yard sprint to catch up and flinging him out of bounds. That guy went on to NM state for track and football so he was no pushover.

Yea, 2012 was the year we dropped down and into a district with them. They don't have a Seals-Jones this year but they have a far better team. Sealy has been really good and consistent in every phase of the game. They won't be overly flashy but they get it done in the air and on the ground. Sealys QB has 2530 yds passing with 31 TDs and 7 ints. (3 in one game ) Their RB has rushed for 1904 yds (8+avg.) and 29 TDs.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2018, 09:49 PM

My baby was a Senior in '11 when we went there to scrimmage them. Seals-Jones was ridiculous! :1omg!: :helpme:

LHPfactory
11-28-2018, 11:02 PM
No Sealy hasn't played an offense as good,but don't get carried away.West Columbia and Bellville both had a better defense than LH.

I watched Bellville on HUDL, We will have to disagree until Friday night. Then the only thing that counts is the 11 on 11. That being said, Nothing but respect for Sealy, they are a good team and have put together a quality program under Mobley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedbump
11-29-2018, 12:26 AM
I watched Bellville on HUDL, We will have to disagree until Friday night. Then the only thing that counts is the 11 on 11. That being said, Nothing but respect for Sealy, they are a good team and have put together a quality program under Mobley.

Bellville gave up 190 in 12 games(16 pg avg) including last weeks 13 given up to Jasper , who was 3rd in D2 and scoring 46 a game. The Brahmas O only managed 18 per game this season,sending the D back out far to quickly, to often and the wrong end of the field to boot. That's more impressive to me than what LHs D accomplished. But then they didn't need to do much I suppose.

Coach Mobley and Sealy are both tickled pink. Sealy has struggled the last few years with their HC situation. Now they get a good one and he gets a system loaded with talent from the JV on down.

duckhunter
11-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Coach Mobley and Sealy are both tickled pink. Sealy has struggled the last few years with their HC situation. Now they get a good one and he gets a system loaded with talent from the JV on down.

:tisk::tisk: I would not say "loaded"

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Sounds to me like this matchup will be worth the watch, though. Evidently, Sealy has all the ingredients to make a title run this season. Maybe in another year without LH in the way.....they would be the favorite for that region with this year's team.

regaleagle
11-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Bastrop Memorial Stadium......Capacity: 8500. Built in 2008. Video Scoreboard. Has a track. A very nice facility for a 4A 3rd Round Playoff game.

panfan
11-30-2018, 11:43 AM
I was told this game would be televised. Any truth to that??

speedbump
11-30-2018, 11:56 AM
I was told this game would be televised. Any truth to that??

Live video stream. https://www.texanlive.com/

panfan
11-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Sloppy play by LH. Better turn it around. Sealy getting after it.

LHAG
11-30-2018, 11:14 PM
Sloppy play by LH. Better turn it around. Sealy getting after it.

They turned it around!

Defense had an awesome second half! Way to go guys on both side of the ball. You needed to step up and you did. Way to go Panthers!!

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2018, 11:26 PM

Had it figured about perfectly. LH too good this year. Sealy was good enough to hang but looks like the machine took over in the 2nd half

panfan
11-30-2018, 11:37 PM
Solid play by Sealy, congrats on a great season. Way to LH for turning it around.

LHPfactory
12-01-2018, 03:09 AM

Panfan, how bout that Defensive Effort!!! I had a hunch they would rise to the occasion. Heck they only gave up 2 Trick plays and Hail Mary to a potent Offense.
LH really needed a hard fought game like that. They never quit.
Sealy has a heck of a football team, way to leave it all out there.

panfan
12-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Panfan, how bout that Defensive Effort!!! I had a hunch they would rise to the occasion. Heck they only gave up 2 Trick plays and Hail Mary to a potent Offense.
LH really needed a hard fought game like that. They never quit.
Sealy has a heck of a football team, way to leave it all out there.

They showed up in the second half after the come to jesus meeting at halftime. Great effort!

Celina8
12-01-2018, 09:51 AM
What was the final score of this game ? ????

LHPfactory
12-01-2018, 10:37 AM
What was the final score of this game ? ????

35-21, LH knelt ball on goal line to run out clock.

Rocket Man
12-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Good tough game, hope your boys stay focused and don’t look past LV next week. The Barneys should beat LV & Carthage should beat Henderson to set up an epic semifinal showdown that will be hard to resist going to. Like I said, those boys better stay focused next week.

LHPfactory
12-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Good tough game, hope your boys stay focused and don’t look past LV next week. The Barneys should beat LV & Carthage should beat Henderson to set up an epic semifinal showdown that will be hard to resist going to. Like I said, those boys better stay focused next week.

They are focused 100%. LH definitely needed this kind of game against Sealy, we haven’t been treated to a real hot contest since Hutto in week 2. Every ration of 48 minutes is a fight for the next ration at this point.

rb585
12-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Congrats to LH.

speedbump
12-03-2018, 07:02 PM
35-21, LH knelt ball on goal line to run out clock.

And just four minutes earlier Sealy had the tying TD negated due to holding. I wonder if Mobley would have gone for two and the win. Guess we'll never know.

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2018, 06:38 AM
And just four minutes earlier Sealy had the tying TD negated due to holding. I wonder if Mobley would have gone for two and the win. Guess we'll never know.

This game was so very much closer than it sounds now. Huge momentum swing for LH put them over the top and broke Sealy’s resolve on the following drive. Great game.

LHPfactory
12-04-2018, 09:26 AM
This game was so very much closer than it sounds now. Huge momentum swing for LH put them over the top and broke Sealy’s resolve on the following drive. Great game.

You could actually see the wear down on Sealys part before this, remember a 15 yard penalty against LH is what put Sealy in range to score. The nullifying holding penalty was right at the point of attack, this turned a play that was going to be a loss into a TD, refs made the right call. Sealy was still in the Red Zone with several tries to get in, gotta give our D credit for that stand, not the penalty.

Sealy players never gave up, they were just worn down and LH was in full force.

speedbump
12-04-2018, 12:22 PM
You could actually see the wear down on Sealys part before this, remember a 15 yard penalty against LH is what put Sealy in range to score. The nullifying holding penalty was right at the point of attack, this turned a play that was going to be a loss into a TD, refs made the right call. Sealy was still in the Red Zone with several tries to get in, gotta give our D credit for that stand, not the penalty.

Sealy players never gave up, they were just worn down and LH was in full force.

Sealy looked anything but worn out on that drive. They started at their 25 and after converting on 4th and 6 they continued to march down to the 19 (no lost yardage on any play) where the penalty you say "put them in scoring range" occurred. It was a blatant holding in the end zone that clearly prevented a Sealy TD. I'd say they were already in scoring range.