PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. La Grange 89th meeting

IveyOldschool02
10-19-2002, 11:54 AM
The game next Friday between Giddings and La Grange will be the 88th meeting between the two schools. What rivalry could be better than this.....This game could predict the district champion and who is going to the playoffs.

No game in my mind is greater than this rivalry here....take it from someone who has played in 4 of those 88 games......The crowds are large no matter what the records are...and the hatred is strong...In my opinion this is one of Texas' best rivalry games off all time...

IveyOldschool02
10-19-2002, 11:55 AM
this game will be 89th game

buffalo booster
10-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Giddings wants to beat LaGrange worse than Bush wants to beat Iraq...

Last year's games are still fresh in the minds of the Buffalos that played. (For those that don't know, Giddings lost by 7 in the first game of the season, then won 13 in a row before losing to the leps by 7 again...) Those that didn't play probably watched from the stands.

Records mean nothing in this rivalry. On paper, LG looks strong. This game won't be played on paper, though.

Look for the Buffs to play their most inspired game of the year. All of you out-of-town Buffalo supporters need to be in LaGrange this Friday.

StingEmHornets04
10-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Sad thing is no matter how big of a rival it is GIDDINGS will blow it! I mean look what they have done this season.They have blown everything except Manor and thats like playing Thrall or something they suck! I expect to La Grange to beat em for another upset this season. GO La Grange!

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
I gotta go with LaGrange on this one too. They arent the team of the past but they are still pretty solid.

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
I gotta go with LaGrange on this one too. They arent the team of the past but they are still pretty solid.

Chris Hart
10-19-2002, 02:38 PM
I think LaGrange will win this one convincingly, 34-6.

buffalo booster
10-19-2002, 02:51 PM
My hope is that the leps think the same way and underestimate the Buffalos...

Pudlugger
10-19-2002, 03:49 PM
buffalo booster:
My hope is that the leps think the same way and underestimate the Buffalos...Don't count on that, the Leps were hard at work this morning reviewing film and preparing for the big showdown next Friday. No celebrating over Elgin, just back to the business at hand, next Friday's game with the Buffs. This series always brings the fire out of both teams.

ivdunit
10-19-2002, 04:02 PM
I would love to see an upset here and when rivals meet you can't always count on the favorite winning. Although, I just don't see the Buffs having what it takes to pull it off. The result might be different if the rest of the team would step-up the way Nicks has.

The only consistency I have seen on offense has been in the play calling. They tried the counter and misdirection against Manor, but are still very strong side oriented and are a run, run, pass team. LaGrange will play 8 and 9 man fronts with pressure and dare them to pass.

I expect that if Valastro has the chance he will make a statement after losing the Conroe job to Ivey. LaGrange 45 - Giddings 6

<small>[ October 19, 2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: ivdunit ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Well here we go agian, Giddings vs. Lagrange. I hope Giddings well beat Lagrange, and not make a lot of silly mistakes like in last years games. Keep up the hard work "Nicks". U too Matt D.

IveyOldschool02
10-20-2002, 05:57 PM
Giddings lost 17-14 the first game and 21 to 13 in the Semi's......

Pudlugger
10-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Well its that time of year again. La Grange will be putting on the pads to get ready for Giddings Friday night. Giddings is a dangerous team with plenty of talent. Their 2-5 record is deceptive having lost close games to tough teams like Cameron, Rockdale and Caldwell. They have played a difficult schedule and are used to hard hitting football. La Grange is not the kind of team to get overconfident. They have more of a journeyman mentality, just hard work and concentration to get the job done. They learned early in the season (thanks to Yoakum!)that mental and physical preparation is most important in winning games, not records. You can bet they will be working extra hard this week to get ready for the Buffs Friday. :cool:

2AKH
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Goodluck to the buffs. I hope that all the guys get up for the challenge of the week. It will be a difficult one. I hope the buffs have a renewed confidence in thier 2 game winning streak and get after the leps. Wish i could be there for this one. Great Rivalries always bring out the best in both teams and make for great football games. I expect that this one will not disappiont the fans.

2001GiddingsLB
10-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Tough game for Giddings, a win is unlikely but not an impossibility. Come on Giddings get rid of the mistakes and see what you can do.

2001GiddingsLB
10-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Tough game for Giddings, a win is unlikely but not an impossibility. Come on Giddings get rid of the mistakes and see what you can do.

2001GiddingsLB
10-21-2002, 10:03 AM

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-21-2002, 12:38 PM
A big game comming up. And Giddings is fighting hard, Keep up the hard work and get those Leps.
Go Buffs.
Giddins 10 Lagrange 7.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-22-2002, 09:17 AM
Go out there and light someone up.
Giddings 10 Lagrange 7

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 09:22 AM
La Grange 45, Giddings 13

Sic 'em, Leps!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Lagrange 45?????????????????I think NOT.
Lagrange might win, or should I say will win, but I don't think it will be a big win.
I hope Giddings will play hard and take the victory.
Giddings 10 La Grunge 7.
Go buffs. And stomp those leps.

buffalo booster
10-22-2002, 09:31 AM
I was wondering when we were going to hear from all of our friends in Caldwell. I'll take those points, if you're offering them.

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 10:43 AM
StingEmHornets04:
Sad thing is no matter how big of a rival it is GIDDINGS will blow it! I mean look what they have done this season.They have blown everything except Manor and thats like playing Thrall or something they suck! I expect to La Grange to beat em for another upset this season. GO La Grange!Excuse me? Thrall is awesome this year! Read up before posting comments, Einstein.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-22-2002, 02:36 PM
I might go home this weekend and hopefully make it to the game. I'm still predicting a 10-7 win for Giddings.
Go Buffs.

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 02:47 PM
I smell a 3-8 season coming on in Giddings, the very thing they ridiculed us for four years ago.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Giddings 10 Lagrange 7.
GO BUFFS GO.

buffalo booster
10-22-2002, 04:00 PM
HP, 3-8?

I guess that it's possible, since we are 2-5 now. I also guess that you are probably projecting a W over Hutto, with losses to the lepers and Elgin. But, that would make us 3-7. So, we make the playoffs and lose our first game?
Since your team is not going, maybe you might want to go with me to watch that playoff game...

Seriously, my friend, I haven't given up on the Buffs just yet. LG is a handful but, for whatever reason, the kids are pumped and still believe in themselves. Upsets happen.

gobraves
10-22-2002, 04:41 PM
BOOSTER, YOU ARE THE MAN! Well Put! First off, hornet pride, you need to pull the stinger out...you are bringing up four years ago? What is that? I understand that some of the BUFFALO NATION has been questioned about heart...I want to report that I have seen some leopard spots shaking this week as the rumble from the BUFFALO NATION gets a closer. The bad thing for the leopards and their supporters is that the rumble will only get louder as the week comes to a close. When the playoffs begin Hornetpride, and you have nothing else to do...let us know and the BUFFALO NATION WAGON will pick you up and take you on to the place you know as "dreamland"...the TEXAS HS FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS!
GO BUFFS!

sweetspot
10-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey Buff fans....I would like to comment on this game...this is one of the biggest games I have ever been around (La Grange vs Giddings).....I have played in two of these games.....and coached in three others.....these kind of games are what high school football is all about...I think of last year's Giddings Lagrange game everyday, Buffs owe the Leps one....I get fired up just thinking about it....no matter the record, this game is important!

To the Buffaloes - Come of the football and hit them in the mouth

PS - Tell #53 to talk a little trash for an old coach of his

INOUNVME
10-22-2002, 09:56 PM
I have read and read for days now. Guess I finally have to wish the Buffs good luck. I was along side sweetspot for three games and I too think of those games on a daily basis. You young Buffs need to take care of some unfinished business. 1st impressions mean a great deal - hit 'em in the jaw early and often. #53, make the most of your remaining games. #86, play under control and make the plays happen. This would be a well deserved win for a new coaching staff. Good luck to all of you. Will probably not make the game, but you never know. Someone tell Pops "hello" from Tigerland. GATA Buffs

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 07:31 AM
sweetspot:
the Buffs owe the Leps one....I get fired up just thinking about it....no matter the record, this game is important!

To the Buffaloes - Come of the football and hit them in the mouth

PS - Tell #53 to talk a little trash for an old coach of his:mad: Good bulletin board material here, just keep it up Buff fans. Go Leps!
:cool:

buffalo booster
10-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Nice try, pud. If the lepers need "bulletin board material" for this game, then their hearts are not in it.

I do agree with one your comments, though -- "keep it up, Buff fans!"

gochargers!!
10-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Seems like the Lepers are pretty confident. I wouldn't be. As I said earlier, in a bad blood game like this you don't know what is going to happen. Not to mention the fact that it is supposed to rain for the next two days, and the field is already in bad shape. That should make it very interesting. Maybe that will even things up for the Lepers.....give them a fighting chance! That is the only way they'll be able to keep up with the power and determination of the MIGHTY BUFFS. Whatever happens, its gonna be messy. I'm calling the NATION out....LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE ON FRIDAY!!! WOOOHOOO!!!
http://members.tripod.com/~drphilgood/sportsgifs/ani-tackle.gif http://www.bonzawebsites.com/images/american%20football.gif

BigStudLG
10-23-2002, 09:06 AM
this is going to be a good game. i played in the last two meetings. giddings is a great team no matter how mnay games they lost. the old crew of 2002 will be at the game. i want to wish the leps good luck. keep on doing what your doing. in the words of coach V "the only way yall guys can win state is if yall saty together." its true. as to the LG fans, lets show some enthusiasm. i was at the game last week and felt as if i was at a funeral. come on. i am in college and i have only missed 1 game due to college. be happy for these men. i will see yall in la grange this week. go leps.

***side note*** watch the o-line for la grange this week. keep an eye on #22. hes all over the field.

buffalo booster
10-23-2002, 10:23 AM
The Herd is stirring...

Board up the windows. Hide the women and children.

A Buffalo Stampede is coming down Hiway 77 this Friday.

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 10:54 AM
Well they say the Buffalos are stampeding . I don't see any buffalos, but judging from all the manure around here they must be close by. :D :D :D :D eek!

gochargers!!
10-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Amen, Booster....are you feeling it, too? Hey, Pud....Here's your BUFFALO. Don't sing it....BRING IT!!
And the BUFFS roll on...
http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif

buffalo booster
10-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Very cool, GoChargers!!

I hear the rumble. Just a little more than 48 hours until the Buffs charge onto the lepers' field...

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-23-2002, 02:37 PM
I think I will make it to this game.
So good luck Buffs and keep up the hard work.
Giddings 10 La Grange 7.

GATA. And light someone up.

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 04:12 PM
gochargers!!:
Amen, Booster....are you feeling it, too? Hey, Pud....Here's your BUFFALO. Don't sing it....BRING IT!!
And the BUFFS roll on...
http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gifI think the Buffalo is running away... probably saw a Leopard and bolted.

hotstuff
10-23-2002, 04:23 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say we are tired of seeing the phrase "Buffalo Nation."

How does this sound: Bellville 59, Giddings 0

gochargers!!
10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports does Smellville have to do w/ Giddings vs. La Grange??? Pick a topic.

BTW...he ain't running away. Running away is not in the vocabulary of the (this one's for you, hot stuff) BUFFALO NATION. He's begging for a leper to get in the way.
Speaking of "BOLTS"...GO CHARGERS!!!!

http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif http://www.gifs.net/animate/litening.gif

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: gochargers!! ]</small>

gobraves
10-23-2002, 04:54 PM
gochargers...thank you very much for the entertainment value today...it is almost as if these two knuckleheads are playing into your hands....where in the heck was bellville brought into this discussion board???? Go home and play your "bells" in bellville, hotstuff....in the meantime we in the BUFFALO NATION have some spots to deal with. As far as you PUD, the air around here is clean and the ground is fresh must be your area that is filled with manure!
GO BUFFS!

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: gobraves ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Good luck Friday night buffs.
I still predict: Giddings 10 Lagrange 7.

steam'en tiemann
10-23-2002, 07:35 PM
If giddings wins this friday, i will give them props...This week in LaGrange, we did not work hard enough in practice. I just hope my team mates understand that giddings can definately beat us if we dont play well. I will do all i can to help us win and i hope my buds try as hard as i hope to.... If we play like we are capable.. it should be a great show for the fans

buffalo booster
10-23-2002, 07:53 PM
The lepers believe that the Buffs can win. The Buffalo Nation also believes that the Buffs can win... That's going to be one of the big differences on Friday.

Stay positive, Herd. Rumble down to lagrange and make your statement about who wins this district.

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 09:09 PM
GoCharger and the rest of the BUFFOONALO NATION thinks they can win. The Leopard defense will prevail and reality will set in.
La Grange 35 Giddings 7 :cool:

IveyOldschool02
10-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Hey .... "SweetSpot, hand down, right bucket step right foot, first sound, GO!"....for some reason...that sounds familiar....Humm.....Neways
This is the greatest rivalry in Texas in my opinion and I predict a close game...You can almost throw out the records...Good Luck to the Buffs and just play hard...

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-24-2002, 08:29 AM
I change my prediction to:
Giddings 17 La Grange 14.
GO BUFFS GO.
Hit em HARD.

gochargers!!
10-24-2002, 09:07 AM
<small>[ October 24, 2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: gochargers!! ]</small>

sweetspot
10-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey Ivey Old School....you better go to class or I will have to talk to your mother.....

it's sweet spot - drop hand - bucket step right foot on 1 on 1 ........1

that is it 1 2 or 3 that is what we use here in Tigerville, and ain't talking about Smithville

there will be some fireworks tonite at travis intermediate......they might not go off....but we will bringem

Hey old Schooler? HOw is the chunkster??

To all those current Buffaloes out there ----go out and play your butts off Friday nite.....I will be thinking about you .....

Good Luck

buffalo booster
10-24-2002, 01:14 PM
It's still raining in Central Texas, and the prediction is for more of the same. Weather conditions can sometimes be an "equalizer." (Last week I predicted that, because of the playing conditions, LG would only beat Elgin by three, 17-14 -- final score was 13-10.)

Giddings has been weak on their pass defense so far this year. Caldwell and Smithville scored their only TD's through the air, and Cameron Yoe won on a last-second pass. But, I don't see LG putting the ball up too many times in the rain.

This is going to be a low-scoring, grind 'em out football game. Three yards and a cloud of mud...

The team that can control the ball and avoid the turnovers is going to win this one, and it'll be a close game to the end. Prediction: Giddings 13-7, possibly in OT.

hotstuff
10-24-2002, 02:13 PM
The only thing that will hurt playoff reps from this league is the fact that the competition will get much harder after playoffs begin. The district is weaker than it has been.

Pudlugger
10-24-2002, 06:45 PM
buffalo booster:
It's still raining in Central Texas, and the prediction is for more of the same. Weather conditions can sometimes be an "equalizer." (Last week I predicted that, because of the playing conditions, LG would only beat Elgin by three, 17-14 -- final score was 13-10.)

Giddings has been weak on their pass defense so far this year. Caldwell and Smithville scored their only TD's through the air, and Cameron Yoe won on a last-second pass. But, I don't see LG putting the ball up too many times in the rain.
Well Buffalo Booster, I hate to break it to you but La Grange is a
running team relying on a power ground game. A wet field favors this. The Giddings offense rely's on speed to the outside. This will be a problem on a wet field. As for passing, I think La Grange has the edge here rain or shine, so no problem. As for the 13-10 score against Elgin, I don't see Giddings defense as equal to Elgin's in any weather, so it won't be a low scoring game.
La Grange 35 Giddings 7 :D :D :D

<small>[ October 25, 2002, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

travis
10-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Im agreeing with Pudlugger, I don't think Giddings stands much of a chance against LG in any weather. I think LG will win by at least 10 points, probably more.

IveyOldschool02
10-24-2002, 10:11 PM
I hate to admit it...but, LG, with the running system they have and they just know how to win big games...they win this one...Buffs..play hard and come off the ball...To SweetSpot...u better behave yourself...I heard that chica was getting to you...its about time...

sweetspot
10-25-2002, 07:47 AM
Hey, Ivey old school

where do you get your information?

I know thisn weather might play a factor in all the games this weekend....

I would like to see the Buffaloes win one this week .....it would be a great win for the new staff and the kids...

good luck

gochargers!!
10-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Time is running out...just about 10 hrs. until the MIGHTY BUFFS give the lepers all they could want and more. Break out the mudders, cause its gonna be a nasty one. The BUFFALO NATION is on its way..bringing the RUMBLE to the jungle and the lepers of La Grange.

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/anim-htm/images/Hourglass2.gif http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif http://www.nutrocker.co.uk/images/60x60/flash.gif

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-25-2002, 10:12 AM
I hope Giddings beats La Grange. I'm predicting a 17-14 win for Giddings.
GO Buffs.

slinky006
10-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Being a former student of Giddings, I realize the magnitude of this game for the Buffs. Every year each team looks forward to this game, and I know this year is no different. I'm sure the stands in LG will be packed. La Grange always seems to have a good team, and Giddings has won two in a row and is looking for number three. Although i believe the Leps to be too much for the Buffs, I belive this game will be won in the fourth quarter. Good luck Giddings!GATA!

gobraves
10-25-2002, 10:55 AM
In nine hours the Buffs will be on the field warming UP...the NATION will be filling UP the stands...the rain will be falling...the temperature will be falling...the dreams and aspirations of a district championship for LaGrange will be falling.
Looks to me the only thing going up involves the BUFFALO NATION...lepers it is not to late...JOIN THE NATION NOW!
GO BUFFS!
http://www.buffalo-bison.com/pictures-image/gallery/thumbnails/buffalo_bison13_jpg.gif

buffalo booster
10-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Yo, Buff fans. You guys are great! Enjoyed your postings this week -- very clever and positive.

Won't be able to check out any more. Gotta take care of some business before going to the game tonight. See y'all in lagrange.

gochargers!!
10-25-2002, 03:33 PM
http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img10.gif http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img20.gif

http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img1.gif http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img26.gif http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img8.gif http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img8.gif http://animationplace.net/alphabets/img27.gif http://foxtrotters.tripod.com/aexclaim.gif

IveyOldschool02
10-25-2002, 08:25 PM
What a rivalry....21 to 14 with a minute left in the 1st half