PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Rituals?

BigT 75
09-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Anybody on here(that STILL plays football) have any pre-game rituals you go through? Music you listen to, ect...? jw

GiddingsCB
09-25-2002, 08:05 PM
There is no better pregame ritual than the team holding hands and saying the lords prayer.

cak23
09-25-2002, 08:11 PM
big T, after pre game warm ups i always have to throw up, i dont know if its nerves or what but i do it every game

I agree with GiddingsCB

District303aPastPlayer
09-26-2002, 12:23 AM
When i was a senior, we always used to go eat at the Butter Churn or Backstreet in Sinton. THen we would go the locker room, I would mix CDs. It is there i got the nickname skribble http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

The coaches used to tell us when to get dressed. Just about the time we would be told to get dressed, i would already be ready. I would walk outside, to our practice field, and throw up on the right side of the field goal post. My eyes would then go bloodshot, and everyone would ask me if i was okay... I merely replied, 'lets go get this one' we wound up losing to bandera 1 game shy of the final four.

I would also listen to Jagged Edge's JE Heartbreak CD. For those who dont know, Jagged Edge is an R&B group.

I know, silly, but that is me

[This message has been edited by District303aPastPlayer (edited September 26, 2002).]

surfspike
09-26-2002, 02:30 AM
what with all the vomiting????

District303aPastPlayer
09-26-2002, 09:34 AM
our pre-game meal was good, its just nerves of playing under the famed friday night lights. and especially in my town, you need to get nervous. Our town breathes in football and exhales championships of any kind. Its pressure, but we do well under pressure. and i would rather puke before a game that on my opponent in a pile.

cts76325i
09-26-2002, 10:06 PM
well we me and my team must listen to these songs when worlds collide( powerman 5000)... freebird ( lynard skynard)... and fuel ( metallica) plus on of the things i do is not really a pregame ritual just a game one i put my helmet on before pregame and it doens't come off till they play the alma mater at the end of the game.