PDA

View Full Version : There’s a HUGE STORM brewing over Region 2

Wayne
11-18-2018, 08:07 AM
For the next 4 weeks, all hell will be breaking loose in Region 2.
This Region is the Region of Boom!
Argyle
Paris
LaVega
Melissa
Kennedale
Stephenville

Who will come out as the Region 2 Champ? I firmly believe it could be anyone of these teams....but it won’t be easy for any of them! Your about to see first hand Top Ranked teams collide head on causing the biggest storm in 4a.

bobcat1
11-18-2018, 10:39 AM
I agree. 3 of those are in Celina's district. Celina still in it and has to play Stephenville this week. :catredx:

regaleagle
11-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Whichever team comes out as the region winner will most probably end up with a ticket to Jerry World. Nothing is etched in stone in the Texas High School Football playoffs.....as we have seen already from this first round of games. But the chances are high that one of these teams will be playing for a State Championship title this season. Who will it be? It will take some luck, good breaks, depth, and consistent excellence each week with only minor injuries incurred for one of these teams to come out on top. Usually if a team is missing just one of these ingredients......they will fall short. It seems to take a combination of all of these ingredients to make it all the way thru the playoffs to the title game. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
11-18-2018, 10:47 AM
I agree. 3 of those are in Celina's district. Celina still in it and has to play Stephenville this week. :catredx:

Yes bobcat1......Celina is still in it. If you are not eliminated.....you are in it. Each week half the field gets eliminated. Celina has yet to be eliminated just like the rest of these teams. Good luck to all of the teams still playing this week.

hollywood
11-18-2018, 10:52 AM
At this point in the season, I believe it will be one of these 3 teams... Argyle, La Vega or Stephenville. The other 3 are strong but don’t quite have the horses to put forth for all 4 quarters against the others to get out of the region. I could be wrong. I do agree that Reg 2 has the most teams playing at a higher level than the other regions in 4A this season. No question about that.

regaleagle
11-18-2018, 11:22 AM
The Bloodbath begins this week in Region 2......seems like it doesn't matter which game you attend. There will be no easy wins this week in Region 2.....they will all be hard-fought games to advance and extend the season. Just take a look at that bracket....WOW!!

Wayne
11-18-2018, 11:28 AM
I wouldn’t count Kennedale out either. They will definitely have a plate full with Paris.

Caveman
11-18-2018, 12:11 PM
I wouldn’t count Kennedale out either. They will definitely have a plate full with Paris.

So it's very likely the following week will be Argyle v Stephenville and Paris v La Vega. My my my.

Matthew328
11-18-2018, 05:25 PM
At this point in the season, I believe it will be one of these 3 teams... Argyle, La Vega or Stephenville. The other 3 are strong but don’t quite have the horses to put forth for all 4 quarters against the others to get out of the region. I could be wrong. I do agree that Reg 2 has the most teams playing at a higher level than the other regions in 4A this season. No question about that.

I personally believe Paris is right up there with the top 3 in Region II...they are as legit as it gets IMO

Caveman
11-18-2018, 11:47 PM
I personally believe Paris is right up there with the top 3 in Region II...they are as legit as it gets IMO

I absolutely agree with you Matthew. The game between Paris and La Vega is going to be one for the ages.

bleedgreen
11-19-2018, 07:21 AM
What does Kennedale lack in making it past the third round or as some are saying, the second round?

d0tc0m
11-19-2018, 08:42 AM
What does Kennedale lack in making it past the third round or as some are saying, the second round?

I don't know that Kennedale is lacking anything, it's more of just what Paris has this year that's got people picking them over the green Wildcats. This is probably the best — at least most talented — team Paris has ever had. They are very BIG and they are very FAST. They were a breath away from beating Argyle, and I assure you, they've got more than enough weapons to win the region, including knocking off La Vega and beating the Eagles in a rematch.

jason
11-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Right now I'd say it's:

1. Argyle
2. La Vega
3a. Paris
3b. Stephenville

oldtownag
11-19-2018, 09:21 AM
I thought the storm was coming from the East?

Cue......Cowboyandchrist!!!!!!

jason
11-19-2018, 09:41 AM
I thought the storm was coming from the East?

Cue......Cowboyandchrist!!!!!!
i think everyone realizes things go through carthage by way of cowboys stadium....

bleedgreen
11-19-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't know that Kennedale is lacking anything, it's more of just what Paris has this year that's got people picking them over the green Wildcats. This is probably the best — at least most talented — team Paris has ever had. They are very BIG and they are very FAST. They were a breath away from beating Argyle, and I assure you, they've got more than enough weapons to win the region, including knocking off La Vega and beating the Eagles in a rematch.

Enough said. Good answer

bleedgreen
11-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Enough said. Good answer

There is ONE THING I know for sure.... the Wildcats are going to win PERIOD !!!

Celina8
11-19-2018, 03:47 PM
I am just going to say Argyle is the only team that has beaten everyone except Kennedale on this list this year so that is who I think will represent Region II as they are just firing on cylinders and keep getting better and better each game.

cowboyandchrist
11-19-2018, 06:23 PM
There is no doubt in anybody’s mind that region II will be a gauntlet. If the winner comes out healthy, he will be battle tested.
The Dawgs this year are not the 2017 Dawgs but good night, in my opinion they were one of the most dominant teams in 4A history.
They dominated everyone they played even LeVega. If you were at the game, the Dawgs caused every turnover LaVega had and the Dawg QB mishandled four of their turnovers. It could have been 35 to 0 at the half.
This year the Dawgs have some super stud players but they are first year starters what they do have is the best O line that they have ever had and a D line that is really good. They have an outstanding linebacker with a last name, you guessed it Ingram. He is another super star in the making but again he is a first year starter. K Ingram’s little brother Kelvontay Dixon has 6 DI offers so far and he is one big time frisbee catching Dawg that no one has been able to cover and he can fly. QB Gunner Capps is back and picked up right where he left off.
There are some great teams on our side of the bracket in MH and Liberty Hill.
The two teams that meet in Jerry’s house will definitely be the best two teams in 4A.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

bobcat1
11-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Yes bobcat1......Celina is still in it. If you are not eliminated.....you are in it. Each week half the field gets eliminated. Celina has yet to be eliminated just like the rest of these teams. Good luck to all of the teams still playing this week.
Yep Celina is just taking it one play at a time. They are fortunate to be here but while they are, they will enjoy every minute of it. Everyone gets sent to get sneakers at one point in the season... just a matter of time. No one picks them to beat Stephenville and Lord knows we would get the almighty Argyle the next week. I picked Argyle to win state in my bracket but even as an old man rubbing my nose in it gets old regaleagle. Somehow you push buttons that piss me off still at my age. So go root for your mighty Eagles and I'll root for my Bobcats and keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Matthew328
11-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Kennedale is solid but this isn't the Kennedale team of 2017 or even 2016....not as good defensively and not as good on the offensive line IMO

bleedgreen
11-21-2018, 04:30 PM
Sideline to sideline is picking Kennedale

Matthew328
11-21-2018, 10:12 PM
Its definitely close....I picked Paris, Tepper picked Kennedale, Jerry's computer poll has Kennedale by 3...Padilla has Paris by 4.....

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Sideline to sideline is picking Kennedale

I still go back and forth on it even after show lol.

hollywood
11-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Kennedale has improved probably more than any other team in 4A Region 2 since the beginning of the season. Their defense held Brownwood to -11 yards of total offense in the entire first half of that game. We all know Brownwood struggled with stronger teams late in the season, but they still were pretty potent on offense. That’s impressive! I will not be surprised if Kennedale defeats Paris.

regaleagle
11-23-2018, 01:56 PM
It will take a huge effort for Kennedale to defeat a healthy Paris team, IMHO. Paris just outmatches almost every other team in 4A in team speed and athleticism, especially at the skill positions. Paris will have to beat Paris again to lose this game. It very well could happen, but if they hit on all cylinders for only some crucial plays in the game, then look out! This team is very, very athletic and their speed is amazing. They can be so explosive on offense.