PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Panthers vs Gonzales Apaches

LHPfactory
11-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Good Win over Bay City LH, this bunch keeps rolling no matter what adversity hits, I am soooo proud of them. Yall have heard me talk about this bunch over the years, they are one of those special groups. Some interesting facts about this LHHS team, they own the single game highest scoring record that was 84 points previously set at Homecoming 2006 enroute to a State Championship. Interesting tid bit, Coach Terry and Coach Johns were on the 2006 team and both coached on this years record breaker. The new record by the Panthers is 89 points at this years homecoming. This years team also finished the most dominant average point spread for district in LHHS history by averaging 62 points per game and only allowing 12.8 ppg. Winning 62-14 Last night over a talented Bay City Team shows continued adherence to these numbers.

Now all focus for LH will be on the Apaches, Gonzales has come on strong during district play and beat #10 Boerne for a share of the District Championship in D-15 and has added their first round win of 35-15 over King HS.

Thoughts?

hollywood
11-17-2018, 11:57 AM
LH will not have a legitimate challenge until rounds 4 or 5. Reg 4 is the weakest overall region in the state in all classes... everyone knows this. Still have to play the games and inspire the kids to play their hearts out. Sounds like this year’s LH team is strong enough to not be effected by that this season (ie, playing down to the competition). Looking forward to see how well the LHP’s match up to big ole Carthage. Best of luck throughout the playoffs.

Gontex
11-17-2018, 12:07 PM
Apaches vs. LH Friday night at 7:30 pm in Manor. Apaches will be the home team.

arges
11-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Sealy should give LH plenty. Winner will probably meet Carthage.

LHPfactory
11-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Apaches vs. LH Friday night at 7:30 pm in Manor. Apaches will be the home team.

http://lhhslibertyhill.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4396925&pageId=11904381

Rocket Man
11-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Barneys all day; really over before it starts, but you gotta play it and win it which y’all will in smashing fashion. Keep it going and hopefully your semi-final will be in the Waco area & I’ll be able to come watch because you know, it’s all about me :D

Gontex
11-18-2018, 10:00 AM
Barneys all day; really over before it starts, but you gotta play it and win it which y’all will in smashing fashion. Keep it going and hopefully your semi-final will be in the Waco area & I’ll be able to come watch because you know, it’s all about me :D

Gonzales might as well forfeit and stay home Friday night. (not) This will not be the first time this year the Apaches will be underdogs. Texas Football picked the Apaches last in district and all they did was end up as tri-champs. Four of the five teams that beat them are still playing in the second round of the state playoffs. Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum and LaVernia all provided some tough competition.

hollywood
11-18-2018, 10:56 AM
You’re correct gontex that the game still has to be played. Hope to see Gonzales give LH a heck of a game. You’ll just have to wait and see how good LH is this season. The Apaches will have to play a near perfect game and hope the Panthers make several mistakes and turn over the football. Good luck!

Gontex
11-18-2018, 03:04 PM
You’re correct gontex that the game still has to be played. Hope to see Gonzales give LH a heck of a game. You’ll just have to wait and see how good LH is this season. The Apaches will have to play a near perfect game and hope the Panthers make several mistakes and turn over the football. Good luck!

I think we know how good LH is. You make a mistake and the next thing you know, they are in the end zone celebrating another touchdown. If you make a mistake, you can't compound it by making another. Apaches understand the challenge facing them. LH may beat the Apaches by 50 points but you will know the Apaches played the best they could. Have to play mistake free football. No turnovers, no stupid penalties and score when you get the opportunity.

Rocket Man
11-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Gonzales might as well forfeit and stay home Friday night. (not) This will not be the first time this year the Apaches will be underdogs. Texas Football picked the Apaches last in district and all they did was end up as tri-champs. Four of the five teams that beat them are still playing in the second round of the state playoffs. Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum and LaVernia all provided some tough competition.

I’m sorry for the way I stated my comments, it was disrespectful to your team. Sometimes I forget about that.

LHPfactory
11-18-2018, 11:19 PM
It’s all good GonTex, I promise you LH respects Gonzales and in no way is looking past this game. I was looking at Gonzales record and the loses, all from good teams and a very strong finish to boot. Hope for a good game and no injuries for either team as well as safe travels for both towns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gontex
11-19-2018, 07:56 AM
I’m sorry for the way I stated my comments, it was disrespectful to your team. Sometimes I forget about that.

Thank you for saying that. We have no misgivings about how good this LH team is.

jason
11-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Pigskin Prep has LH as a 38 point favorite....

greendawg84
11-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Nothing to see here , LH moves on to the next round !

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2018, 10:47 AM

Yep, might as well sit this one out. LH by 40

pirate4state
11-19-2018, 12:39 PM

lolz...gosh, I miss the good old days.

Gontex
11-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Pigskin Prep has LH as a 38 point favorite....

Not surprised by that spread. LH is good and we know it.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2018, 07:36 PM

:hand: Just 40? ;)

957tiger
11-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Was at the Gonzales/Liberty Hill game last night. As a football fan I did enjoy the offensive with their tempo. Defense was really quick to the ball. Curious why the team raced to the Gonzales end of the field after coming out of the Panther head and basically spread across the width of the field at the thirty yard line took a knee as Gonzales was attempting to do their run out. One of their coaches ran out and stopped a potential confrontation. Not sure if it was because their run through was in the center of the end zone or if that's just an LH intimidation thing. Talked with a TASO official who indication that was an illegal action and should have been flagged. He said officials are in control of the field 1 hour before the start of a game. He said that's why they are on the field during warm up's because of the possibility of fights and what have you. He said they had an issue when one team "stomped" on the team logo at midfield which caused a rush to confront the other team. It drew multiple flags even before kick-off. Just thought there was a potential for a unnecessary fight before the game even started. Will say it did look pretty cool and obviously well rehearsed.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Was at the Gonzales/Liberty Hill game last night. As a football fan I did enjoy the offensive with their tempo. Defense was really quick to the ball. Curious why the team raced to the Gonzales end of the field after coming out of the Panther head and basically spread across the width of the field at the thirty yard line took a knee as Gonzales was attempting to do their run out. One of their coaches ran out and stopped a potential confrontation. Not sure if it was because their run through was in the center of the end zone or if that's just an LH intimidation thing. Talked with a TASO official who indication that was an illegal action and should have been flagged. He said officials are in control of the field 1 hour before the start of a game. He said that's why they are on the field during warm up's because of the possibility of fights and what have you. He said they had an issue when one team "stomped" on the team logo at midfield which caused a rush to confront the other team. It drew multiple flags even before kick-off. Just thought there was a potential for a unnecessary fight before the game even started. Will say it did look pretty cool and obviously well rehearsed.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the opponent and everything to do with our players. They have done this the entire season. They come through & take a knee for quick silent prayer, from what I understand. It's not for intimidation, but for unity. Years ago, the team was a Band of Brothers. So are these kids.

speedbump
11-24-2018, 01:14 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with the opponent and everything to do with our players. They have done this the entire season. They come through & take a knee for quick silent prayer, from what I understand. It's not for intimidation, but for unity. Years ago, the team was a Band of Brothers. So are these kids.

I would think a tight circle might work for unity. Works for most teams.

solocam
11-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Hasnt been an issue till this game

LHPfactory
11-25-2018, 07:25 AM
I would think a tight circle might work for unity. Works for most teams.

This is what our boys do, it’s never been a problem, and they really don’t need to be micromanaged into what most teams do. How anyone would have confused this with anything other than young men humbling themselves together is completely baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk