PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Kirbyville

EL GO TO
07-09-2003, 10:27 PM
What are the people thinking that are putting these polls together. There are at least 5 teams in region 3 that are better than Kirbyville.
Mathew ranks them 10th in the region and C-Sharp has them ranked 23rd. Unbeeeeeleviable. That is a crime when you have teams more deserving. Bridge City, Cold Spring, Liberty, Barbers Hill, Diboll, Crockett, Rusk, and the rest of district 19,21,and 22. District 20 is the most overated district in the state.

<small>[ July 09, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

EL GO TO
07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
<small>[ July 09, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

holdem
07-09-2003, 10:52 PM
PLAYOFF TEAM with 15 STARTERS returning and a JV that won 9 games.

No real football history in Kirbyville so whoever picked them has actually done some homework instead of just picking a tradition rich school to fill in a slot. Impressive job Matt in ranking a deserving team on the rise.

They play in Newton's district(2-1 against District 19), beat Diboll and played Jasper closer than 3 playoff teams did (including Bridge City).

I've stated my thoughts EL, SOOOOOOO...
Which teams in Region 3 deserve a higher ranking and why?

Old Cardinal
07-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Holden: I just can't believe that people picking Polls, based on a few scant statistics are really capable of accuracy... There are at least a dozen tradition-shrouded and newcomer teams in Region III that can take Kirbyville. I have seen Kirbyville touted before; yet I have never been to a ballgame that they won, and I have seen A LOT of Kirbyville games. Jasper played everyone on the bench against K'v! They don't have a development program unfortunately: and so they have a fair season, every once in a while!

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
HOOOOOOOlden,
Here is a list of teams that are all better than Kirbyville Minus the ones I have already mentioned.
Sealy
Gatesville
Marlin
Belville
Navasota
Cleveland
Anahuac
Rockdale
Cameron Yoe
Marlin
China Spring
Orangefield
Hampshire Fannett
Jasper
Newton
LaGrange
Elgin
Giddings
Fairfield
Mexia
Teague
and most years Tarkington and Woodville. In my opinion Kirbyville is not in the top 25 in region 3.

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

Matthew328
07-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Let's see Kirbyville made the playoffs last year...has just about everyone back....and a JV that was 9-1...hardly scant stats....I can see returning lettermen as being misleading sometimes...but returning starters isn't a misleading fact....especially from a team that was 7-4 last year....granted Kirbyville plays in a tough district with Jasper and Newton....BUT keep an eye on them....

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 12:39 PM
I need to apoligize to district 20 after doing a little research the worst district in region 3 is district 21. That is the league I love to fish in. There is only one team in that district that can compete state wide year in and year out and the rest of them are just a little beter than Kirbyville.
El GOT TO GO

Old Cardinal
07-10-2003, 12:51 PM
El To Go: I am glad a little research makes you an instant expert! When will you start your on poll?.... I have not seen Snyder play a game in 20+ years, but I guess I can look at some stats and be an expert on the Snyder Tigers!

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

big69
07-10-2003, 01:16 PM
El To Go,
I must agree with the rest and say that Kirbyville has a very strong team returning. Yes Diboll has had good program in the past but they are in a downfall just like Rusk and Crockett are. Both of them have been powerhouses for as long as I can remember. Great things must come to an end for great teams, and those that where always "sorry" teams will have their suprise years every once in a blue moon. Kirbyville is one of those. The "powerhouse" teams will also have a surprise year, and not have a winning record or go to the playoffs. Look at Sealy, not to offend anybody, 4 straight Championships and then no playoff appearance. It's part of the game! In all said and done, let's give it to Kirbyville for finnaly coming out of their shell and good to them and the rest of the 3A teams!

duckbutter
07-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Kirbyville does have a development program and it is just now starting to show. Coach Alverez has done a fantastic job of turning a program around. People around here have always said that if Kirbyville ever got a coach then watch out. Looks as if they may be right.

holdem
07-10-2003, 02:09 PM
The teams Matt listed in his region 3 rankings that are better than Kirbyville
1. Marlin
2. Bellville
3. Jasper
4. LaGrange
5. Fairfield
6. Newton
7. Navasota
8. Mexia
9. Bridge City

Returning starters aren't an indication of future success if the team had a losing record the year before. 2-8 with 17 starters back means you'll probably be bad again. 7-4 with 15 starters returning is worth noting when the JV went 9-1.

I'll agree that there's no clear diference to me between Kirbyville and any of the any of the teams you listed if they have at least 9 returning starters and played in more than 11 games.

Sealy (maybe better)
Gatesville (maybe better)
Marlin (#1)
Belville(#2)
Navasota (#7)
Cleveland (4-6 last year)
Anahuac (5-5 last year, but I do like them)
Rockdale (maybe better)
Cameron Yoe (maybe better)
China Spring (maybe better)
Orangefield (maybe better)
Hampshire Fannett (5-5 last year)
Jasper (#3)
Newton (#6)
LaGrange (#4)
Elgin (maybe better)
Giddings (3-8 last year)
Fairfield (#5)
Mexia (#8)
Teague (maybe better)
Tarkington (1-9 last year)
Woodville (lost to Kirbyville; 4-6 last year)

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Old Feather Breath,
I was only stating that Kirbyville was way overated and there are a bunch of teams as good as or better than them. I am not an expert like you. It seems to me that all you do is try to BEEF up the teams BC plays to make BC look better. I also did a little research on BC and they have not had to many more play off appearences than Kirbyville. It seems to me they are very lucky that the higher ups in BC learned how to turn in good numbers to the UIL or they would still be having 0 and 10 seasons just like they did before they became a 3A POWERHOUSE. Seems to me that BC may also be playing fantasy football this year they will be very young and without PEEBLES AND KNIGHT.

EL GOT TO GO

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 03:15 PM
DUCKY DOOOO
The only thing that I know that has been developed in Kirbyville is an outstanding BAND and a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SOFTBALL TEAM.

EL GOT TO GO FISHIN

<small>[ September 28, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
HOOOoooooLD,

Glad that you see my point.

EL GOT TO GO AGAIN

duckbutter
07-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Your post only proves how much you don't know. Please research your topics before you post things that you have no clue about.

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Duck,
You are exactly right.

<small>[ September 28, 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: EL GO TO ]</small>

Compudyne
07-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Old Cardinal, Why is it so hard for you to believe that Kirbyville may have a good team. Is it that you are just anti Kirbyville or just that you are trying to convince yourself that Bridge City is still going to be decent, and bashing Kirbyville makes you feel a little better. Everyone has seen the writing on the wall for some time now. We all knew the mini dynasty was not going to last very long. Face it. The Players are gone. Everyone can see it but you. We are truly sorry for your loss. But you really need to do your homework before you start in on Kirbyville again. Obviously BC and Kirbyville will not meet this year. Why don't you use some of your Old Cardinal powers and see if you can arrange the game for next year. Good Luck this season over in yall's MONSTER DISTRICT. Compudyne