PDA

View Full Version : Melissa vs Argyle

Caveman
10-24-2018, 06:23 PM
If you're going to the game and you're sitting on the visitor's side be aware that seating is limited. Here's a pic:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44792282_1944433052318016_6830813981532225536_n.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=b684297f0d3e10dc7d33c89b864e36f7&oe=5C50EB38

regaleagle
10-24-2018, 06:34 PM
I guess the Argyle band will need their seats too......so yeah, it might get a little cramped for sure. I'll look on Texas Bob's Stadiums to see what it says on capacity. Argyle capacity is about 5200 now with the end zone bleachers added this year for the band and drill team members.

regaleagle
10-24-2018, 06:43 PM
I guess the Argyle band will need their seats too......so yeah, it might get a little cramped for sure. I'll look on Texas Bob's Stadiums to see what it says on capacity. Argyle capacity is about 5200 now with the end zone bleachers added this year for the band and drill team members.

Texas Bob's has it at 2300 capacity......definitely very limited for a 4A Division 1 team. Think I'll get there early on Friday......just in case.

regaleagle
10-24-2018, 06:49 PM
Looks like the weather is supposed to be good for Friday night......so I guess that's a plus for both teams. I'm looking for a relatively high-scoring game in this one with lots of offense and big plays. Both teams may be able to put 40+ points on the scoreboard with the good weather. Not sure how good Melissa's defense is......but I know they have a very prolific offense. Argyle's balanced attack should give the Cardinals all kinds of trouble......and so should the Eagle D.

orange machine
10-24-2018, 09:14 PM
Texas Bob's has it at 2300 capacity......definitely very limited for a 4A Division 1 team. Think I'll get there early on Friday......just in case.

The city wont allow anymore bleachers to be erected. Melissa is supposed to be building a new stadium that seats 15,000 people.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Let's do the math. There's at least 125 band and drill team members, plus their parents and the parents of about 60 football players. That's close to 400 right there. The seating capacity of both sides is only 2300......so I reckon the visiting side is only about 800-900 total. The student section at Argyle usually fills those stands.....so figure another 300 students on an away game. That doesn't leave very many spots for the rest of us. I'm sure the Melissa side will be overflowing. This appears to be a major problem with a SRO attendance this week, for sure.

Caveman
10-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Can you say fire marshall.

orange machine
10-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Let's do the math. There's at least 125 band and drill team members, plus their parents and the parents of about 60 football players. That's close to 400 right there. The seating capacity of both sides is only 2300......so I reckon the visiting side is only about 800-900 total. The student section at Argyle usually fills those stands.....so figure another 300 students on an away game. That doesn't leave very many spots for the rest of us. I'm sure the Melissa side will be overflowing. This appears to be a major problem with a SRO attendance this week, for sure.

It should make for a very cool atmosphere.

orange machine
10-25-2018, 10:17 AM
But yall go to Celina and have the same issue. Melissa's visitors side is the exact same size as Celina.

Caveman
10-25-2018, 02:03 PM
But yall go to Celina and have the same issue. Melissa's visitors side is the exact same size as Celina.

Yes, we know. That's why we were ecstatic to hear about your new stadium.

Gsquared
10-25-2018, 02:06 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Wayne
10-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to this game. Argyle by 17

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Should be one of the more exciting games to see around the Metroplex this Friday night. I'm very interested to see how Argyle's secondary will handle those tallish very good receivers for Melissa. J'Bray Young is a very speedy RB with brute force to bring down.....it will take 2 defenders to wrangle this guy. You don't want to let him get to full speed in the open field for sure. Brandon Lewis is a very talented and tall QB(6-4, 195; Junior) and sees the field very well. His speed is deceptively fast with those long strides and he's athletic. His brother #4 Kennedy Lewis(6-4, 195; Senior) is the leading receiver for the Cardinals with a non-disclosed total yards that is over 1,000 now. They like to spread the ball around to about 4 different players.....including their RB Young on the swing or screen pass. Usually Lewis will throw the ball high to his receivers because they all are about 6'0 or better and will go up and get the ball at it's highest point. For shorter DB's this can be a challenge to defend.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Lewis will not hesitate to throw on the run or just keep it to move the chains when he is chased from the pocket. The Cardinals also call plays with a QB pass/run option that is very difficult to defend on the roll out. Fortunately for Argyle......the Eagles D is very quick and will beat their linemen on the blocks for those kinds of plays most of the time. Lewis's best course of action is to stay behind his big O-line and use them for protection and time to find his receivers from the pocket. Paris tried that "beat em around the corner with speed" stuff on Argyle and broke only a couple of good gains all night.....one for a long TD run because QB Savage has elite speed. None of the Cardinals skill players has the speed that the skill players of Paris had. Young may display the most speed of all the backs.....if he can get at full speed in the open field. He's not that quick, but does have some good top-end speed.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:31 PM
Looks to me like Melissa has an offense that will beat you on pure execution......making good plays and very good receptions off quality throws. Their running game will have to be used to burn clock and keep the Eagles D honest. I don't expect Melissa's running game to cause that many problems for the Argyle D. I DO expect a very prolific passing attack to take shape to try to beat the Eagles secondary......some downfield and some slants over the middle. Those outside throws will be used as a safe quick throw to gain yards like a running play.....but outside one on one against the secondary. They will also use these plays to set up the long downfield throws to those tall receivers. Argyle does the same thing on offense.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:41 PM
It all comes down to turnovers and execution......which offense does better against the other's defense executing more plays successfully. I think Argyle has the advantage of a more balanced attack with a good mix of run and pass......short passes, slants, and longer passes. Hogeboom does not look good sometimes, and then all of sudden he will go off and everything he throws is right on target. He's what you might call dangerous......he will lull the secondary into tight coverage then burn them on a series of very good throws downfield to his speedy receivers. Most of the Argyle receivers are very good route runners......if Hogeboom has time he will make the completion. The snaps from center have improved over the course of the season......but still too many low snaps that disrupt the QB and the timing of plays on handoffs from the shotgun. Hogeboom rarely gets under center to take a snap.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:53 PM
So far this season.....even in poor weather conditions......Tito Byce has been able to get valuable yards running behind that Eagle O-line.....and so has Luke Farris. The O-line for Argyle has continued to improve as the season has progressed.....even teams with big and quick D-lines have had trouble stopping the Argyle ground game. This helps Hogeboom immensely in the passing game to be more effective as a QB. Teams cannot simply play back for the pass.....Argyle's ground game will eat their lunch if they do.

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 06:57 PM
The special teams play for Argyle has been on the order of outstanding so far this season......with long runbacks on kickoffs and punts to excellent coverages and high percentages on field goals and PAT's. When you factor in field position advantage.....it becomes very difficult for the opponent. I think Dillon Carter is averaging around 44 yds/punt this season.....and quite a few of those were in very wet conditions. That's a heck of an average for any punter at the high school level in dry conditions.

bobcat1
10-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Argyle by 3 scores

regaleagle
10-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Melissa does not report their stats each game to MaxPreps......but Argyle does. So here's a look so far this season of some of Argyle's offensive numbers:

Yards Passing: 1882; 112 completions of 196 attempts for 268.9 yds/gm. for 26 TDs and 6 intercpts.
Yards Rushing: 1553; 274 carries for 1553 yds for 221.9 yds/gm. with 23 TDs scored and 5.7 yds/carry average.
Total TDs scored: 51 Total points scored: 379 Total points allowed: 130
Game Averages: 7.3 Tds scored 490.8 yds/gm. 54 pts. scored 18.56 pts. allowed

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 01:34 AM
Looks like bad news for Argyle. After viewing the old stadium on Google Maps.....it appears the home side is about 4 times more seating capacity than the visitor side. That means only about 550 seats or so for the Argyle side. Looks like its gonna be first come first serve(I hope). I don't know what's going on over at the high school for advanced reserved seats for the visitor's side......but the band and drill team members will take up almost 25% of the seating. I'm assuming Argyle will have a very large contingent coming to this game......maybe as many as 1500. Those numbers don't even include the "cult" fans that follow Argyle around the N. Texas area or any other fans that want to see these teams play.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 01:40 AM
My guess is that at some point they will "sell out" and turn fans away at the gate. How many people can watch the game just standing around the track??? If you are behind the benches on both sides.....you won't be able to see the game from the ground. I guess this will be the Big Game at the Little Stadium this week, Huh? Looks to me like about 3500 fans at best can expect to see this game.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 01:50 AM
You have to figure that there will be major league interest coming from the Melissa community for this home game for their beloved Cardinals playing Argyle this week. I figure at least 2500 fans from the Melissa side. Melissa's population is much larger than Argyle's......even the enrollment numbers are larger......but the town population is much larger. Typical attendance at Argyle for the Argyle side with good weather easily equals 2500 fans......just to give you a comparison. Why would this home game for Melissa be less attendance on the Melissa side??? Major Problem, Folks!!

d0tc0m
10-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Argyle by 3 scores

I concur.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 07:36 AM
My guess is that at some point they will "sell out" and turn fans away at the gate. How many people can watch the game just standing around the track??? If you are behind the benches on both sides.....you won't be able to see the game from the ground. I guess this will be the Big Game at the Little Stadium this week, Huh? Looks to me like about 3500 fans at best can expect to see this game.

They wont sell out and if you come you will get in trust me.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Melissa QB Brendon Lewis, a 4-Star recruit according to 247Sports, has committed to TCU, while RB Ja'Bray Young and Kennedy Lewis are 3-Star recruits with a handful of Power 5 conference offers. Brendon and Ja'Bray are juniors and Kennedy is a senior this season. Brendon has amassed over 2,000 total yards with 28 TDs scored while Ja'Bray has rushed for just short of 1,000 yds. and scored 6 TDs. Kennedy has scored 7 TDs for the Cardinals so far this season. Argyle has not faced a team this season with a QB and RB as talented as Melissa has this season. Nor has Argyle faced a team with receivers with the talent and overall height that Melissa has this season. Melissa is most probably the best 2-loss team in all of Class 4A. If Argyle wins this game tonight, Melissa will most likely become the best 3-loss team in the Class 4A playoffs and by every indication a very tough out to get by. These 3 players comprise only part of the very talented lineup of young players on this year's Melissa Cardinals team. Argyle will have it hands full and be tested to the limit tonight in front of a packed house in Cardinal Stadium.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 08:47 AM
To be honest......I'm not sure how this game will play out tonight for Argyle. Will the Eagles be able to "bend but not break" in defending the offensive firepower the Cardinals will unleash against them tonight? I look for some serious offensive numbers being produced tonight......Melissa will try anything and everything in the playbook to win this one at home tonight. Argyle will have to play mistake-free football as much as possible and play disciplined football to come out on top in this game tonight, IMHO. Execution will be the name of the game from both teams......so limiting penalties will be at a premium. Argyle's secondary will have it biggest test of the season against Melissa tonight in Cardinal Stadium......they have yet to face a throwing QB as good as Lewis this season. He's one of the best throwing QB's in all of 4A......this guy has talent dripping off his shoulders. And he's only a Junior this season!!

orange machine
10-26-2018, 08:54 AM
Melissa QB Brendon Lewis, a 4-Star recruit according to 247Sports, has committed to TCU, while RB Ja'Bray Young and Kennedy Lewis are 3-Star recruits with a handful of Power 5 conference offers. Brendon and Ja'Bray are juniors and Kennedy is a senior this season. Brendon has amassed over 2,000 total yards with 28 TDs scored while Ja'Bray has rushed for just short of 1,000 yds. and scored 6 TDs. Kennedy has scored 7 TDs for the Cardinals so far this season. Argyle has not faced a team this season with a QB and RB as talented as Melissa has this season. Nor has Argyle faced a team with receivers with the talent and overall height that Melissa has this season. Melissa is most probably the best 2-loss team in all of Class 4A. If Argyle wins this game tonight, Melissa will most likely become the best 3-loss team in the Class 4A playoffs and by every indication a very tough out to get by. These 3 players comprise only part of the very talented lineup of young players on this year's Melissa Cardinals team. Argyle will have it hands full and be tested to the limit tonight in front of a packed house in Cardinal Stadium.

Brendon has not committed to anybody yet and has passed for 1827 yards and rushed for 750. Kennedy Lewis committed to TCU, but has since decommitted from TCU and appears he "Maybe" headed to Austin to play for the Longhorns. Ja'Bray has over 1100 yards rushing with 12 tds.

You forgot about left tackel Austin Sanders 6'5 310 has offers from Indiana and BYU along with numerous Dll schools.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 09:03 AM
The one-two-three punch of the Lewis Brothers along with Young will give the Argyle D all it will be able to handle all night long, for sure. This idea of Argyle winning by 3 TDs is absolutely absurd!! Don't let the numbers Melissa has generated thus far this season confuse you.....this team is just now getting started. They have played a very very tough schedule.....even last week against a good Celina team in Celina. Paris was very tough......so was Trinity Christian(7-0), Liberty Christian, and 5A Whitehouse. I'm certain Coach Rodgers and his Staff are not drinking the Kool-Aid......they know full well what the Eagles will be up against tonight......and what's at stake. Celina and Anna are not cupcake teams and remain on the schedule after this game in district play. Melissa has N. Lamar and Sanger left on its schedule......the two cellar dwellers in District 7. So for Melissa tonight......the Cardinals will exert Everything in their arsenal to win this game.....and then some.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Brendon has not committed to anybody yet and has passed for 1827 yards and rushed for 750. Kennedy Lewis committed to TCU, but has since decommitted from TCU and appears he "Maybe" headed to Austin to play for the Longhorns. Ja'Bray has over 1100 yards rushing with 12 tds.

You forgot about left tackel Austin Sanders 6'5 310 has offers from Indiana and BYU along with numerous Dll schools.

I didn't forget about anything.......there's not much information on the players of this team out there. The info I wrote I obtained from Sportsday and it's wrong.....so you can readily see that even the DMN does not have the correct information. Thanks for setting the record straight and letting us know what's really what with some of the outstanding players on Melissa's team this season. There's not even any stats to go by......like everything has been kept a secret by design.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 09:08 AM
The one-two-three punch of the Lewis Brothers along with Young will give the Argyle D all it will be able to handle all night long, for sure. This idea of Argyle winning by 3 TDs is absolutely absurd!! Don't let the numbers Melissa has generated thus far this season confuse you.....this team is just now getting started. They have played a very very tough schedule.....even last week against a good Celina team in Celina. Paris was very tough......so was Trinity Christian(7-0), Liberty Christian, and 5A Whitehouse. I'm certain Coach Rodgers and his Staff are not drinking the Kool-Aid......they know full well what the Eagles will be up against tonight......and what's at stake. Celina and Anna are not cupcake teams and remain on the schedule after this game in district play. Melissa has N. Lamar and Sanger left on its schedule......the two cellar dwellers in District 7. So for Melissa tonight......the Cardinals will exert Everything in their arsenal to win this game.....and then some.

Im enjoying reading your material, you should be a sports writer its good stuff. Sorry that I keep correcting you, but Kennedy and Brendon Lewis arnt brothers they arnt even related. Brendons brother is #2 cornerback BJ Lewis, just trying to help. Carry on good stuff.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 09:09 AM
I didn't forget about anything.......there's not much information on the players of this team out there. The info I wrote I obtained from Sportsday and it's wrong.....so you can readily see that even the DMN does not have the correct information. Thanks for setting the record straight and letting us know what's really what with some of the outstanding players on Melissa's team this season. There's not even any stats to go by......like everything has been kept a secret by design.

I have no idea why DMN has the stats all wrong.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Sounds to me like this game is shaping up to be an all out war on the field tonight. Don't be surprised to see fireworks going off early. Even the coin toss will become an important start to this game. Weather will finally not be an issue, so we are going to see two offensive teams really go at it full throttle in Melissa tonight. Ima thinkin' both teams are relatively healthy for tonight's battle on the Gridiron of Glory.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Im enjoying reading your material, you should be a sports writer its good stuff. Sorry that I keep correcting you, but Kennedy and Brendon Lewis arnt brothers they arnt even related. Brendons brother is #2 cornerback BJ Lewis, just trying to help. Carry on good stuff.

Geez.....really??? They both are almost twins sizewise, and look to have many of the same athletic abilities. And I was wondering about that "other" Lewis on the roster. Brian Lewis(5-9, 180/senior CB, SB) will be a receiver and run the ball for the Cardinals......yet another threat. :vrycnfsd:

orange machine
10-26-2018, 09:33 AM
Geez.....really??? They both are almost twins sizewise, and look to have many of the same athletic abilities. And I was wondering about that "other" Lewis on the roster. Brian Lewis(5-9, 180/senior CB, SB) will be a receiver and run the ball for the Cardinals......yet another threat. :vrycnfsd:

He has a number of smaller college programs offering him also. #88 Antonio Robinson sophomore WR 6'2 175 will be the next Dl receiver for Melissa. He plays on the opposite side of K. Lewis at receiver.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 09:46 AM
He has a number of smaller college programs offering him also. #88 Antonio Robinson sophomore WR 6'2 175 will be the next Dl receiver for Melissa. He plays on the opposite side of K. Lewis at receiver.

And what about this guy named Kenneth"Junior" Castleberry(5-11, 170/Senior WR) I've read about......is he a regular target and threat too??? :doh:

orange machine
10-26-2018, 10:11 AM
And what about this guy named Kenneth"Junior" Castleberry(5-11, 170/Senior WR) I've read about......is he a regular target and threat too??? :doh:

Yeah he is really good with break away speed.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Sounds to me like Melissa should be favored by about 3 scores......not Argyle!! So far I've counted 7 offensive threats for the Cardinals......they probably have 4 or 5 more just looking at that roster. Just don't have enough slots on offense to let everybody play at once......LOL.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Looking at Melissa's roster(76)......they have 3 guys over 300 lbs. and 7 more over the 250 lb. range......and that's with the guys where their size is listed on MaxPreps. That means they will have some big 'ol boyz on the lines......tough for Argyle to move. The nightmare keeps building......maybe Argyle would have been better off playing this team in the rain.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Not hardly Argyle is the big dog

orange machine
10-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Looking at Melissa's roster(76)......they have 3 guys over 300 lbs. and 7 more over the 250 lb. range......and that's with the guys where their size is listed on MaxPreps. That means they will have some big 'ol boyz on the lines......tough for Argyle to move. The nightmare keeps building......maybe Argyle would have been better off playing this team in the rain.

Oh come on regal quit down playing the Eagles lol. Yall will be bigger on both sides of the ball

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 11:29 AM
Oh come on regal quit down playing the Eagles lol. Yall will be bigger on both sides of the ball

NOPE......Argyle ain't that big this year. They just have lots of quickness and good technique. Let's see......Stephenville was bigger, La Vega was bigger, Chapel Hill was bigger, Paris was bigger, even Sanger and N. Lamar was bigger. Looks like size ain't exactly all that big a deal, huh? Maybe quickness, technique, and discipline can neutralize a huge size advantage.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 11:37 AM
NOPE......Argyle ain't that big this year. They just have lots of quickness and good technique. Let's see......Stephenville was bigger, La Vega was bigger, Chapel Hill was bigger, Paris was bigger, even Sanger and N. Lamar was bigger.

Oh come on lol every starting olinemen is over 6'2 and 270 lbs. Lt 6'7 275 and Rt 6'4 300. Those are big dudes.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Oh come on lol every starting olinemen is over 6'2 and 270 lbs. Lt 6'7 275 and Rt 6'4 300. Those are big dudes.

Hey.....all you gotta do is go take a gander at our roster on MaxPreps......seriously. Even our defensive line is outweighed by just about every team we play. Go see for yourself. I'm gonna say without even looking that Celina is bigger across the lines than Argyle this season too......but I haven't checked yet.

That 300 lb dude is a 2nd teamer. So are some of those others.....they aren't the starters. Argyle has a couple of good-sized starting lineman.....not an entire line that's big. I think our center is only about 225.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 11:51 AM
I looked at maxpreps and figured that wasnt accurate. #72 Rt has to be bigger than 275.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 11:54 AM
I remember looking at maxpreps last year and the rg which was the lt last year for yall wa listed at 6'2 255. He is more than 255 now, that kid has a big belly now lol.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Preston Wilson is 6-4, 275 and was awarded a jersey and invitation last week to the Blue Grey All American game on January 29th. He's our studley lineman and our biggest starter. But every team we've faced has guys that size and more of them.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Preston Wilson is 6-4, 275 and was awarded a jersey and invitation last week to the Blue Grey All American game on January 29th. He's our studley lineman and our biggest starter. But every team we've faced has guys that size and more of them.

Well he looks like a beast.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Our starting oline is
LT 6'5 310
LG 6'2 225
C 6'0 225
RG 6'1 273
RT 6'1 267

Dline
DE 6'1 210
DT 6'3 210
DT 6'1 250
DT 6'2 215

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 02:07 PM
I'll have to check both lines against Argyle's but it's gonna be close to equal, I think. Except for that 310-pounder on the O-line.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 02:15 PM
One more thought before I leave the house.......Just because Argyle beat Paris last week on a very wet night and La Vega also on a wet night does not mean Argyle should beat Melissa on a night of good conditions. Argyle got by both teams with some execution and was plus 6 in the turnovers against Paris last week. And Paris beat Melissa by only a couple. Melissa has had time to make some adjustments and improvements in their offensive attack since they played Paris. Their game last week was in very wet conditions against Celina......so keep that in mind also. Argyle better show up in full battle gear and ready to score......that's all I gotta say. Melissa will put up the points tonight......so Argyle better be ready to have a great scoring night as well.

GO EAGLES!!!! Huge game tonight, for sure.

orange machine
10-26-2018, 06:48 PM
small argyle crowd so far

bobcat1
10-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Looks like another runaway Argyle 28 - Melissa 7

Celina8
10-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Regal has cried wolf so many times all the while knowing that they are going to win . Next week I would be surprised if Celina stays within 30 of the Eagles.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 11:29 PM
Shame on Me.....LOL. It was an assassination.......they never had a chance from the opening kickoff forward. Paris is much much better, for sure. Melissa's speed was contained in a few players......the rest of the team was just not fast enough for Argyle. The Eagles D was in the backfield all night long and basically shut down the offense of the Cardinals. I don't know what the numbers look like......but Argyle dominated every phase and possession. Lots of 3 and outs by Melissa tonight......moving the chains was a real problem for them. The score could have been even more slanted......but the refs got flag happy in the 2nd half and called everything they could find against Argyle while letting obvious penalites(like facemasks and holding) slide for Melissa. Tonight Argyle looked like a championship caliber team with a few things still to tighten up on the offensive side of things. But they are getting there one game at a time.......I was very impressed with the way they looked tonight. This is a very good Argyle Eagles team this year......I think they have the ability to win out. I don't know if they will......that's asking alot from any team......but this team has what it takes to do it, for sure.

Argyle 58
Melissa 21

Final

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2018, 11:31 PM
Man that was an arse whooping. Argyle ran three pass routes all night and just diced up the Melissa D....Young for Melissa is a man among boys from how he is built to how he plays.

regaleagle
10-26-2018, 11:41 PM
Kudos to Ja'Bray Young.......he's just a very good football player....period. He could use 10 more lbs of punch added because his speed and body could easily handle it. Kudos to QB Lewis also.....his line was not able to get the blocks on the Argyle D tonight. But he showed his talent anyway......but it was just too many against one talented guy. He's only a junior and is rated by 247Sports as a 4-Star recruit. He will be fine and will improve even more......lots of upside to Brendon Lewis.

Aesculus gilmus
10-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Regal has cried wolf so many times all the while knowing that they are going to win . Next week I would be surprised if Celina stays within 30 of the Eagles.

Without Surratt and his staff, I doubt if even Carthage could stay within 30 at this point. But Surratt STILL won't leave Carthage to become a college coach like his buddy from Gilmer did (as SO MANY wish he would do), so it's a moot point.

cowboyandchrist
10-27-2018, 07:59 AM
I hope we get to see a Carthage versus Argyle game. Last year would not have mattered, the Dawgs would have blown them off the field, this year I think they are dead even.

Caveman
10-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Here are the stats from the game.

AY

MS

First Downs

Rushing Yards

42-265

41-288

Passing Yards

Passing

23-34-1

12-31-0

Punts-Avg

2-34.00

5-35.00

Penalties

11-105

5-57

Fumbles-Lost

1-1

4-4

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Rushing — AY: Tito Byce 14-188, Luke Farris 14-92, Noah Lang 10-30, Hunter Martindale 1--7, Bo Hogeboom 1--9, Team Stat 2--29, MS: Ja’Bray Young 17-190, Brendon Lewis 16-47, Brandon Murphy 6-47, Kennedy Lewis 1-3, Ian Keever 1-1.

Passing — AY: Bo Hogeboom 23-33-1-359, Hunter Martindale 0-1-0-0, MS: Brendon Lewis 11-25-0-102, Ian Keever 1-6-0-8.

Receiving — AY: Dillon Carter 5-229, Alex Gonzales 6-49, Brenden Dixon 4-47, John Crowder 2-21, Noah Lang 1-6, Adam Schleder 4-6, Tito Byce 1-1, MS: Junior Castleberry 4-34, Kennedy Lewis 3-31, Antonio Robinson 3-24, Ian Keever 1-14, Chase Mapps 1-7.

Celina8
10-27-2018, 12:48 PM
I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, Waco La Vega and Stephenville are the teams for 2018 and when any of these teams meet in the playoffs it is going to be a battle.

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2018, 02:05 PM
I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, Waco La Vega and Stephenville are the teams for 2018 and when any of these teams meet in the playoffs it is going to be a battle.

All div 1 right?

Div 2 is so weak this year... literally anyone can win it

Wayne
10-27-2018, 02:51 PM
You can toss Stephenville out of there and add Paris.

regaleagle
10-27-2018, 03:32 PM
You can toss Stephenville out of there and add Paris.

Exactly......or just add Paris to the menu. Looks like La Vega and Paris in the upper bracket with Stephenville and Argyle in the lower bracket. Melissa is now considered a dangerous opponent like Celina and Kennedale.

regaleagle
10-28-2018, 02:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong......but I think by winning this game against Melissa Argyle just won at least a share of the district title and clinched the number one spot in the playoff seeding by way of head to head win over Paris. NOPE......that ain't right. We have to beat Anna next week first, then it doesn't matter if we win or lose to Celina the final week because we will have won the head to head against Paris. Melissa and Celina each already have at least two district losses, and Paris has only N. Lamar left to beat next week. So if both Argyle and Paris both win next week, then Argyle should clinch at least a tie with Paris for the district title and the #1 playoff seed......regardless of what happens the following week against Celina.