PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices going down in Wharton

Scoop27
10-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Gas prices are finally going down in Wharton. Was $2.59 two weeks ago. Now $2.43 at Buc-ees. Now $2.41 at Walmart with gas card at Murphy USA
What about in your neck of the woods. It's $2.49 at Love's Truck Stop just behind our house here in Hungerford

speedbump
10-21-2018, 12:59 AM
Gas prices are finally going down in Wharton. Was $2.59 two weeks ago. Now $2.43 at Buc-ees. Now $2.41 at Walmart with gas card at Murphy USA
What about in your neck of the woods. It's $2.49 at Love's Truck Stop just behind our house here in Hungerford

These days I'm more concerned with the price of layin mash.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2018, 08:17 AM
Wti and Brent have been hovering around 70/80, respectively, for a while now. I think the intention is to keep it that range because it’s profitable for the oil industry while not gouging consumers (i.e 4+$/gal).

The recent sanctions on Iran is taking barrels off the market but Saudi/Russia and opec have the ability to increase production as needed and meet frequently to discuss the on going production limit agreements.

Of course domestic production is not regulated by opec and has been increasing significantly, but proposition 112 on the upcoming ballot in Colorado could have a massive effect. If the initiative passes, it would essentially ban oil and gas drilling in Colorado, which is a major source of production (DJ basin).

Lots of factors at play....

Gontex
10-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Wti and Brent have been hovering around 70/80, respectively, for a while now. I think the intention is to keep it that range because it’s profitable for the oil industry while not gouging consumers (i.e 4+$/gal).

The recent sanctions on Iran is taking barrels off the market but Saudi/Russia and opec have the ability to increase production as needed and meet frequently to discuss the on going production limit agreements.

Of course domestic production is not regulated by opec and has been increasing significantly, but proposition 112 on the upcoming ballot in Colorado could have a massive effect. If the initiative passes, it would essentially ban oil and gas drilling in Colorado, which is a major source of production (DJ basin).

Lots of factors at play....

Someone in Colorado is smoking too much of that legal grass.

Gontex
10-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Gas prices here in Gonzales are hovering around $2.42 to 2,.49. I can live with this. Looked in the local paper yesterday and there were column after column of help wanted ads. Looks like oil is definitely on the rebound.

stardog
10-21-2018, 08:47 PM
Gas prices are down alittle in central Texas - Hill Country but diesel has gone up - at $3

:crying:

hollywood
10-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Drill baby drill