PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirts for 3A Down low?

cunbed10
03-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Here is a thought, How about T-shirts for all 3ADownlow members with their code names on the back of the shirt and 3ADownlow on the front, for instance my T-shirt would have cunbed10 Marlin, just a thought 3ADownlow give me your thoughts.

pirate4state
03-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Good idea!! I LOVE t-shirts!! :D

Rabbit'93
03-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Give me another 2 months and I will be in the T Shirt making business. My buddy and I are going to be opening a sporting goods store here in Forney and will be doing uniforms as well. If everyone is willing to wait until we get all our equipment in, I'd be willing to do it fairly cheap.

pirate4state
03-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Cool, then we'd have them in time for FOOTBALL season!! And I like cheap wink

Bellville22
03-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Great idea.

sinton66
03-20-2003, 06:36 PM
That's a great idea, particularily if we can get them in school colors. However, you might want to check with Jacket about using the 3ADownlow logo or name. He might have something to say about who wears the logo and represents. If 3ADL would sponsor this, they could be sold to generate the funds to pay for the site.

<small>[ March 20, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

3afan08
03-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Rabbit'93:
Give me another 2 months and I will be in the T Shirt making business. My buddy and I are going to be opening a sporting goods store here in Forney and will be doing uniforms as well. If everyone is willing to wait until we get all our equipment in, I'd be willing to do it fairly cheap.Where in forney?

Jacket2000
03-20-2003, 09:03 PM
We've talked about doing this before. The only problem is, we'd have to have the money for each shirt before we placed the order. All three of us combined do not have the extra funds to have a buncha T-shirts made that we may end up getting stuck with. But, if Rabbit is going to have the means to produce them, and y'all dont mind paying in advance, we might be able to do it.
J2K

sinton66
03-21-2003, 05:43 AM
I would expect to have to pay for them in advance. That shouldn't be a problem for anyone. I, for one, would be very proud to wear one. wink

cunbed10
03-21-2003, 08:30 AM
IDon't have a problem paying in advance, but I know I would have at least 4 T-shirts to pay for, Cunbed10,Cunbed10's wife, Cunbed10's son(2) so let me know my cost and it's a done deal :D

Rabbit'93
03-21-2003, 10:44 AM
We could work something out. If there is enough interest that is. Let's see how it goes with this post and we'll go from there. I'm sure we could have them before the season starts.

3afan check your privates.

exbccards76'smom
03-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Sounds great!! I would love a new T-shirt to wear to the football games. No problem paying up front with me. School colors is a good idea
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/cardinal.gif

:D :D

jason
03-22-2003, 01:31 AM
...id get one...

sinton66
03-22-2003, 10:24 AM
For those of you who don't know or haven't realized it, Jacket, Bearcat, and Matthew have to pay to have this site on line. I,for one, truly appreciate their committment to 3A athletics and its' fans. This is a definitive site unlike any other I have seen. Even the larger classes don't have anything to rival this. I am positive they are not interested in turning a profit from this effort, but I'm sure they would appreciate offsetting funds being generated. That said, I think that selling 3ADownLow T-shirts is an excellent idea with the possible exception that T-shirts don't normally last all that long. We might also want to consider dressier pull-over shirts instead or in addition. If Rabbit needs help in pulling this off, I'm also sure there are some of us that would be willing to assist.

Chief Woodman
03-22-2003, 12:17 PM
I own a OSHA compliance business...and give tee shirts at class I conduct. I get my shirts from a young widow of a firefighter who was killed in a church fire a couple of years ago in Lake Worth. For 3 colors with my company logo, printing on back and front the good quality tee shirts (Beefy Tees) costs about $6.00. I would be willing to pay $15 dollars for each shirt bought....with the rest of the money going to help pay for 3A down low costs. Hats cost about $8, and would be willing to do the same. I realize that the folks who run this site are not trying to make money, but here is a chance for everyone to help. What do you think about it?

vet93
03-22-2003, 01:00 PM
I like the idea of caps a little better than t-shirts. I have to wear "dressier" stuff to work and don't find myself in t-shirts except for when I am doing yard work etc...I would be much more prone to wear a cap in public places and give the site some publicity. Just my .02 worth.

sinton66
03-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Most folks who get into the "T-shirt" business end up doing embroidery and caps and all of that. To be fair to everyone, they really need to be offered in school colors, not just two or three. That's just my opinion, how does everyone else feel?

Jacket2000
03-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Since the site is mostly in black, why not just make the all the shirts black?
J2K

fwisd
03-23-2003, 07:15 AM
I think t-shirts is a great idea - and if Rabbit is getting into the business - then I think we should be among his first "guinea pigs" (LOL). My mother was in the imprinted sportswear business for years and the only problem I see with the school colors is that you don't make any money when you just order two or three of an item. I think 3a down low colors would be good - black like Jacket suggested with another one or 2 colors for the printing. Just my thoughts - for what their worth! Cubs

sinton66
03-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Rabbit will do this as a business. I would not expect him to do so at a loss to himself. School colors could cost more from the start. thus with a guarantee of proper money for Rabbit and 3ADL. Once he gets into this, he will have a better idea. Also, if all the folks from Sinton purchased together, it would amount to more than two's or three's. There are ways around the shortcomings if you know what they are. The basic unit being black to match the site is a good idea. Black goes with practically everything and every other color.