PDA

View Full Version : Texas Aggies @ Virginia Tech?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey guys I know this is a little late, but if the game is played, what is your take on this game?

Gobbla2001
09-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Aggies will hang in there, VT should come out on top...

But you're never an underdog when you have Texans on the field...

CentralTxFan
09-18-2003, 06:14 PM
17 minutes to go. I am going out on a limb and say the Ags of old show up, even with the new MLB..and come out on top..by 3

the-O-fence
09-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Hoakies will win.

Gobbla2001
09-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Which leads to another FACT OF THE DAY for 9/18/03...

The Virginia Tech Hokies were once the Virginia Tech Gobblers until named the Hokies...

What's a Hokie? A student won a contest to make a new name for the mascot and he said submitted 'Hokie' because of the sound a turkey-call makes...

Their secondary mascot is still a Gobbler...

Go Gobblers!

vet93
09-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Aggies put up a fight...but the VT offensive/defensive lines dominated the second half. The offensive and defensive lines are the Aggies Achilles heal. They are too young to pose a threat against a seasoned team right now. 15 first time starters this year is to tough win with...however...they did show promise...McNeal is a stud...just needs some more polish...there were some open recievers in the second half that he overthrew by a mile.

CentralTxFan
09-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Never again will I predict a game! You are so right though Vet...15 first time starters is tough...and also consider this is Reggies first on the road start, 4th overall start. But I had to love what Fran said...we watched him grow up as he was playing.

Best play of the game...Cody Scates' run.

Jimbotex40
09-19-2003, 07:59 AM
those 2 consecutive bogus PI calls didnt help us.

we still proly would have been outscored but it wouldve at least given us a chance in the end.

Bellville22
09-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I know the score got a little ugly at the end, but I thought the Aggies played very well. Reggie stepped up like I expected him to do against good teams and played very well. If given a bit more time in the 2nd half to throw, it may have been very interesting, but hats off to a great VT defense.

It's gonna be a very long year, with the strength of a Big XII schedule. The Ags could go 4-8, however if they show promise like they did tonight, they're gonna sneak up on some teams at the end of the year, and just might shock some people next year.

I'm stickin' w/ 6-6.

Jimbotex40
09-19-2003, 11:39 AM
dude, i cogitate we are gonna go 8-4.

proly run out of time against Ou and t.u. and we might be outscored by someone like pittsburgh OSU or nebraska but i cogitate we'll only run out of time 3 more times, hopefully make the cotton bowl.

BUDDY
09-19-2003, 12:46 PM
I have watched Nebraska, OSU, Texas, OU, Colorado, and K. State play this year. Other than K. State; A&M can beat anyone else in the Big 12. They are really not far from these other teams. And, H&@# No, I'm not an Aggie!

Gilmer Buckeye
09-19-2003, 02:26 PM
It's too bad Mack Brown won't go with UT's "quarterback of the future" the way Franchione is doing with Reggie McNeal.

A&M and UT will probably both be trying to salvage winning seasons by the time they square off.