PDA

View Full Version : Austin's Eastside Memorial

ogg
10-13-2018, 11:01 PM
This years realignment did them no favors. That is all.

Old Green
10-14-2018, 11:17 AM
I don’t think they’ve scored a point yet this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2018, 11:33 AM
I don’t think they’ve scored a point yet this season.

That is correct

0 Points For

306 Points Against

:crying:

MJMbrahmas10
10-14-2018, 12:26 PM
I think Smithville even blew them out.

FB-fanatic
10-14-2018, 03:55 PM

New school? First year football?

arges
10-14-2018, 04:42 PM
New school? First year football?

Not really. Eastside Memorial has been around as Johnston since the early 60's. Pretty good back in those days. District championships and all. Lots of years and problems with desegregation, poor test scores forcing AISD to rebrand the school as Eastside Memorial @ Johnston Campus. Dropped football for several years. Haven't been able to win in years. Now the PC correct crowd in weird Austin want to drop all Confederate names including Johnston. District is building a new high school in this area replacing EM and needs to stop gerrymandering students into SFA on the westside of the district. Maybe time and sanity will bring success back. Probably not because there are 4 almost equally horrible football schools in 5A that insist on playing division 1.

Matthew328
10-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Not really. Eastside Memorial has been around as Johnston since the early 60's. Pretty good back in those days. District championships and all. Lots of years and problems with desegregation, poor test scores forcing AISD to rebrand the school as Eastside Memorial @ Johnston Campus. Dropped football for several years. Haven't been able to win in years. Now the PC correct crowd in weird Austin want to drop all Confederate names including Johnston. District is building a new high school in this area replacing EM and needs to stop gerrymandering students into SFA on the westside of the district. Maybe time and sanity will bring success back. Probably not because there are 4 almost equally horrible football schools in 5A that insist on playing division 1.

Eastside would probably compete better in football in an all-Austin ISD district....

arges
10-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Eastside would probably compete better in football in an all-Austin ISD district....

Probably not yet. EM got stomped by Lanier who is definitely an also ran in any district.

stardog
10-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Eastside entered into UIL competition in 16-17 seasons in 4A-1 Dist. 14 with Taylor, Canyon Lake, Fredericksburg , and Boerne. Eastside won 1 game in 16 season - 20-6, but scored only 13 in rest of games. Record 1-9. For 17 season we're 0-10, scored 21 pts.
Eastside reclassified this year to 4A-2. To date they are 0-6 ---- O PF - 305 PA. Manor New Tech (1-5) defeated AEM 36-0 this year, rest of their games have scored only 14 points.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2018, 06:49 PM
I watched the first 3 quarters of the Smithville game. I felt really bad for them. They had 18 players! And 12 in the band. I don't even remember them crossing the 50.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Probably not yet. EM got stomped by Lanier who is definitely an also ran in any district.

And Lanier is dreadful!

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2018, 06:51 PM

They did!

Old Green
10-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Navarro scores a 87-0 win over Eastside last weekend.

Now they have Cuero.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2018, 06:12 PM
Navarro scores a 87-0 win over Eastside last weekend.

Now they have Cuero.

Navarro never rushed the punter. Declined all penalties but one. Clock ran second half. Kicked 4 field goals in the first half on first down. 2 safeties and 3 pick 6 along with a fumble recovered for a td. Recovered a fumble on a ko and told the refs to give Eastside the ball. After the game the players were upbeat, full of respect and very positive as was the coaching staff. They played until the end and never got down on each other. We counted 17 people in the stands, no band or cheerleaders. When they made their only first down our stands cheered for them. I am sure these kids fight battles most of us don't know. My hat is off to te kids and coaches who stick it out and do the right things.

Old Green
10-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Navarro never rushed the punter. Declined all penalties but one. Clock ran second half. Kicked 4 field goals in the first half on first down. 2 safeties and 3 pick 6 along with a fumble recovered for a td. Recovered a fumble on a ko and told the refs to give Eastside the ball. After the game the players were upbeat, full of respect and very positive as was the coaching staff. They played until the end and never got down on each other. We counted 17 people in the stands, no band or cheerleaders. When they made their only first down our stands cheered for them. I am sure these kids fight battles most of us don't know. My hat is off to te kids and coaches who stick it out and do the right things.I watched the Navarro-Eastside recap on Hudl. My utmost respect goes out to the Panthers on playing the game with a lot of respect and sportsmanship.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2018, 05:26 AM
Navarro never rushed the punter. Declined all penalties but one. Clock ran second half. Kicked 4 field goals in the first half on first down. 2 safeties and 3 pick 6 along with a fumble recovered for a td. Recovered a fumble on a ko and told the refs to give Eastside the ball. After the game the players were upbeat, full of respect and very positive as was the coaching staff. They played until the end and never got down on each other. We counted 17 people in the stands, no band or cheerleaders. When they made their only first down our stands cheered for them. I am sure these kids fight battles most of us don't know. My hat is off to te kids and coaches who stick it out and do the right things.

Was the game at Navarro? That may explain no band. There weren't many more than 17 when I saw them...maybe 20.

bag-o-chips
10-25-2018, 07:05 AM
Was the game at Navarro? That may explain no band. There weren't many more than 17 when I saw them...maybe 20.

Yes it was. Maybe a Cuero fan will give us a report tonight on EM crowd,band, etc.

stardog
10-25-2018, 08:52 AM
If the lack of fans LH had at last weeks game and the the fans I expect for Burnet this Friday - will be lot of good seating for this game.