PDA

View Full Version : Celina at Paris this Friday!

Celina8
10-11-2018, 11:10 AM
This is a very big game for my Bobcats as Paris has been a beast this year beating several good team. I know Paris is favored to win , but hope the Bobcats are up for the challenge as a loss I am afraid would put them on the outside looking in for a playoff spot with Argyle , Paris and Melissa being viewed by most to fill those slots. I have very little insight into the game or either teams , but one person that have seen both play says Celina will have a very difficult time containing Paris and running against their strong defense.

bleedgreen
10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
The Argyle / North Lamar game is going to be really close........for the Panthers fans ....only .9 mile from the high school.

catgut
10-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Final
Paris 54
Celina 14

orange machine
10-13-2018, 01:32 AM
Final
Paris 54
Celina 14

completely shocked

lostaussie
10-13-2018, 07:16 AM
Well that didn't go well for the Bobblecats. I guess our 1 point loss to Paris makes me feel a little better now. That score is a stunner.

regaleagle
10-13-2018, 07:27 AM
I kinda suspect Paris has rounded into a very very good football team thru 6 games this season......that's what talented very good teams do.......they get better as the season progresses. According to what everybody was saying.......the Wildcats just had too much speed on the corners and really all over the field for the Bobcats......on both sides of the ball.

Celina8
10-13-2018, 08:01 AM
I was afraid this would be a game very similar to our experience playing Henderson and Gilmer. I don't see us faring any better against Argyle or Melissa which will leave Celina out of the Playoffs for the first time in a long time . I was hoping we would be able to establish the run , but it looks like Paris is just as good on defense as they are on offense. Hopefully the Bobcats can regroup , put this game behind them and get ready for the next game.

catgut
10-13-2018, 08:36 AM
I was afraid this would be a game very similar to our experience playing Henderson and Gilmer. I don't see us faring any better against Argyle or Melissa which will leave Celina out of the Playoffs for the first time in a long time . I was hoping we would be able to establish the run , but it looks like Paris is just as good on defense as they are on offense. Hopefully the Bobcats can regroup , put this game behind them and get ready for the next game.
IMO Paris is better on defense than they are on offense. The only way PG beat Paris was all the stupid penalties and personal fouls Paris had. They put them in position to score all their points

d0tc0m
10-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Celina will make the playoffs as the fourth team out of the district. Just FYI.

Celina8
10-13-2018, 08:58 AM
Celina will make the playoffs as the fourth team out of the district. Just FYI.

I thought only 3 teams in each district went into the playoffs. Heck in my days only one team used to make it a lot of good teams got left behind back then in all parts of the state.

orange machine
10-13-2018, 11:06 AM
I think the Celina Anna game will be a battle. Anna has speed and athletes. If they had a better passing game they would be a pretty tough team. I hate to say it, but it's a toss up in my mind.

Matthew328
10-13-2018, 07:21 PM
Paris really impressed me when I saw them..they got DUDES.....I think they'll at least make Argyle work a bit...Argyle will take it but their starters may have to play a while

cowboyandchrist
10-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Paris I believe will give Argyle the same type of game LaVega did.
East Texas speed will be represented in this game versus Argyle discipline and mechanics.
Argyle by 7.

Celina8
10-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Argyle has more speed than Celina and when playing Argyle you almost have to score it seems on every offensive series to keep up with them or you quickly find yourself 2 or 3 touchdowns behind .

Twirling Time
10-18-2018, 01:26 AM
For the record, the last time Celina missed the playoffs was 1993. They had to lose to Aubrey for the first and only time in school history to do so.