PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 WK 7 GOTW: Silsbee (3-3) @ West Orange - Stark (2-4)

SHSBulldog00
10-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Who gets the critical first district win?

j_dog
10-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.

GUNHO
10-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol

j_dog
10-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol

A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

Good luck this week!

GUNHO
10-09-2018, 10:29 AM
A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

Good luck this week!

Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol

AggiesAreWe
10-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.

WO-S is 2-4

AggiesAreWe
10-09-2018, 10:56 AM
I'll take the Tigers, 21-17

WOS87
10-10-2018, 10:28 PM
WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?

GUNHO
10-11-2018, 10:22 AM
WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?

That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol

j_dog
10-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol

Yeah, I understand how you felt. And how Bridge City felt. Jasper's first three possessions, three running plays, Jasper 21-0. If Jasper coaches were a mind to leave him in the games, Hunt could probably have two or three thousand yards by now. As it is, he is somewhat over 1,000 yards in just six games. Amazing to me. Strength to break tackles, then he is gone. I admit, I was surprised that he could do that to WOS so many times. I can understand one time, but four? You have to believe that the WOS coaches were scheming to stop him and he could still do it.

j_dog
10-11-2018, 10:43 AM
That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol

Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.

j_dog
10-11-2018, 10:46 AM

True, that is why I hope Jasper doesn't have to play WOS again this year. Other than Jasper's RB Hunt there was not that much difference in the teams that I could see. WOS will always be dangerous!

GUNHO
10-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.

Talking about when we moved down to 3A in 2005 I think.It was one of those mud bowl games and Silsbee just handled it better than we did.Only loss we have had in district sense moving down.

GUNHO
10-11-2018, 11:27 AM
It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.

j_dog
10-11-2018, 05:57 PM
It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.

You said "Moved down" and "District". In 1986 that was also a move down year for WOS also. First year out of the top classification. Thank you for clarifying.

WOS1
10-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Talking about when we moved down to 3A in 2005 I think.It was one of those mud bowl games and Silsbee just handled it better than we did.Only loss we have had in district sense moving down.

WOS1
10-14-2018, 02:59 PM
I have not seen this posted, yet. WOS won it 24-21 with a 29yd FG with 6 sec left in the game. This was the 500th game in school history, making WOS (officially) the most winning team (80.3%), regardless of classification, in Texas football history. 400-97-3 with 114 shutouts.

j_dog
10-14-2018, 06:40 PM
WOS1, glad to see you are still around. Haven't noticed one of your posts in a while. Congrats to WOS!

WOS1
10-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Thanks man I'm still around, but mainly read. Don't post much anymore.