PDA

View Full Version : Division 1 District 5

Bosqueville
09-30-2018, 01:51 PM
At the halfway point the district is about as expected. Tough.

1. La Vega 3-2 with a Nail-biting loss to Argyle and a baffling loss to 5-A Austin LBJ. But what they just did to Mid. Heritage should have the rest of the district and state’s full attention.
2. Stephenville 3-2 with a 10 point loss to Argyle and a last second loss to Heritage. But again, after completely dominating 5-A Georgetown, they are for real.
3. China Spring 3-2. Loss to 5-0 Lorena does not look as bad but that loss to Waco Connally is tough to swallow. CS’s offense is finally turning the corner and the freshman QB is starting to play like we hoped he would. (60 yard TD run and an 39 yard TD run Friday.) CS looked very good Friday night against Argyle Liberty Christian winning 37-16. Biggest weakness is the offensive line.
4. Brownwood- This team looked like they were staring 0-10 in the face 3 week’s ago with an UGLY loss to Snyder. Now they sit here 3-2 and dominated (granted 0-5) Abilene Wylie this past Friday. I think coaching has been the biggest positive with BWD’s improvement and let me tell you, the QB is a stud!
5. Gatesville- as always Gatesville has a team that plays tough and mixes up the pass and run with great success. They have been inconsistent at times and stand at 2-3 with losses to Yoe, Heritage and Connally but just beat previously undefeated Lampasas. Don’t sleep on this team.

District starts in 2 weeks and it’s gonna be fun!

jason
09-30-2018, 02:14 PM
That China Spring offensive line better figure it out real quick or it's gonna be a long night in Stephenville America in 2 weeks...

stardog
10-01-2018, 12:24 AM

1. La Vega 3-2 with a Nail-biting loss to Argyle and a baffling loss to 5-A Austin LBJ. But what they just did to Mid. Heritage should have the rest of the district and state’s full attention.
2. Stephenville 3-2 with a 10 point loss to Argyle and a last second loss to Heritage. But again, after completely dominating 5-A Georgetown, they are for real.
3. China Spring 3-2. Loss to 5-0 Lorena does not look as bad but that loss to Waco Connally is tough to swallow. CS’s offense is finally turning the corner and the freshman QB is starting to play like we hoped he would. (60 yard TD run and an 39 yard TD run Friday.) CS looked very good Friday night against Argyle Liberty Christian winning 37-16. Biggest weakness is the offensive line.
4. Brownwood- This team looked like they were staring 0-10 in the face 3 week’s ago with an UGLY loss to Snyder. Now they sit here 3-2 and dominated (granted 0-5) Abilene Wylie this past Friday. I think coaching has been the biggest positive with BWD’s improvement and let me tell you, the QB is a stud!
5. Gatesville- as always Gatesville has a team that plays tough and mixes up the pass and run with great success. They have been inconsistent at times and stand at 2-3 with losses to Yoe, Heritage and Connally but just beat previously undefeated Lampasas. Don’t sleep on this team.

Lampasas lost week 3 & 4 !!!

Bosqueville
10-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Lampasas lost week 3 & 4 !!!

That's my bad. That win is not as impressive now.

LHPfactory
10-02-2018, 09:38 AM

So far its looking like last years District 13 was a lot tougher than D1-D5.