PDA

View Full Version : Week 5: Argyle(3-0) vs Liberty-Eylau(1-3) in Sulphur Springs @ 7 pm.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Better look out for this team, for sure. They are waaaaay better than their record shows. Very athletic and tons of speed all over the field....a good football team that always does well after a tough predistrict schedule.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
I think the LE coaching staff purposely uses a very tough predistrict schedule as a means to get their players "coached up" and playing at a very high level when district play gets here.......that's just how they do it at LE. They probably have so many athletic types that they have to use the actual real gametime scenarios to determine which players they need to slot in certain positions and roles for the overall best advantage for their team. It must be tough to have so many raw athletes that they cannot determine in practices alone where to slot a particular player where he is at his natural best, Huh? Hear Tell that they have two excellent athletic type QB's they can alternate if need be, and when one isn't playing QB.....he's playing RB and DB on defense. Both are very talented and athletic. In fact, their starting QB last season is their alternate at that position this year.....he's a senior this season. I guess they figure he's better at the RB slot and at D-back on defense......so now they have another talented guy at QB.....senior Isaiah Cross(6-1, 170) #10 at QB this season. Last year's starter and backup is senior #17 Talveyion Cooper(6-3, 175).....they use him at wideout, RB, and D-back.....when he's not behind center. I think they have quite a few athletic guys like these on their team......and all of them have breakaway speed.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 09:11 PM
So now you wonder how in the world are they only (1-3) for the season??? Well.....they lost their first game of the season 20-6 to crosstown Arkansas High(3-1) who already had one game under their belt when Texas started its season openers in Week 1. Secondly, they were doing what LE does......scheduling tough competition and fitting the players into the best positions. In Week 2, they lost to Carthage 42-28.....no surprise there and it was very early in the season for LE. In Week 3, they lost to another crosstown rival Texarkana Texas High(2-2).....a 5A D-1 very good football team.....by a score of 47-35......it was their rivalry game. Now they are getting better. Last week in Week 4 they finally won one.....they dominated Atlanta 41-7. Looks to me like they are moving in the right direction and have their players where they want them now. This week is a very BIG game for LE......they get Argyle as a test. They've never defeated the Eagles, but have come within a whisker both tries. In the 2014 playoffs the score was 45-42 and in the 2015 playoffs it was 21-19. Doncha know they really want to win this one bad!!! I guarantee you from what I've read on another Texas football website they are breathing blood to beat Argyle this week in a big upset. The only catch is the Leopards and their fans don't really think it will be a big upset......they think they can and should beat Argyle this week.....they really do.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Argyle had it's bye week last week and has had 2 weeks to heal up and prepare for LE. The game is at a neutral site in Sulphur Springs.....just like the playoff games were at neutral sites. Both teams meet somewhere halfway so the drive is not so long. I'm almost certain that Coach Rodgers and the Eagles coaching staff has a good pulse on this team......they are fully aware of LE's strengths and weaknesses. But that does not mean the players on the field cannot be beaten.....it just means they should be well-prepared for the Leopards and ready for a battle. If I was an Argyle coach......I would definitely be concerned about LE's atheticism and team speed, for sure.....not to mention the tough predistrict schedule they've played already.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Just looking back at past history between these two schools.....the games have been very exciting and close. Like a poster for LE said.....both games could have gone either way. So the bottom line is to not let the rankings or records of each team get in the way of what really happens between these two teams on the Gridiron of Glory come Friday night in Sulphur Springs.....it will be a battle and most probably very close again.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 09:32 PM
When a team THINKS they can and should win.....then look out......that's a very dangerous and confident team......and most probably very capable too. LE's team and coaches THINK they can beat Argyle this Friday night in Sulphur Springs......they will not be intimidated at all. In fact, I'm fairly certain they are looking forward to this opportunity for some payback.

regaleagle
09-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Lucky for the Argyle coaching staff and their players that the Eagles had their bye week and have had plenty of time to refocus on all kinds of things.....especially preparing for this game against a very formidable and dangerous opponent like the very athletic and speedy Liberty-Eylau Leopards, Huh?

lostaussie
09-26-2018, 07:14 AM
I just want to make a post so you know that you aren't talking to yourself Regal. Good stuff by the way. LE could potentially win our district.

d0tc0m
09-26-2018, 07:45 AM
Another good test for Argyle this week, after a tough pre-district slate of their own to start the season. I think LE has the horses to run with the Eagles, but I don't see the Leopards getting their first win over Argyle here. With two weeks to rest and prepare for this matchup, I think Argyle rolls. I could see LE jumping out early, while the Eagles shake off the daze of a bye week, but it won't take long for Argyle to start clicking. Eagles win by two possessions.

waterboy
09-26-2018, 08:10 AM
I just want to make a post so you know that you aren't talking to yourself Regal. Good stuff by the way. LE could potentially win our district.

I have it like this in our district: 1) Liberty-Eylau, 2) Pleasant Grove, 3) Pittsburg, 4) Gilmer, and 5) Spring Hill. I think 3 through 5 could change in any direction.

Yes, this is some good stuff, Regal. Are you a writer by trade?

I don't think this game will be much different than the last two. It will be close, in my opinion.

jason
09-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Argyle by 3 touchdowns....

Saggy Aggie
09-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Argyle by 3 touchdowns.... at least

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Nope......I don't write at all. I was the editor of my high school newspaper and won some UIL Journalism awards.....then wrote some articles in the local paper for the Goliad Tigers teams......of which I was a participant in football, baseball, tennis, and golf. That's about the extent of my writing background. I like to write articles about stuff I'm interested in.....that's about it. Sometimes I get in a mood to write something humorous with a hidden meaning......that's not really so hidden, LOL.

Scoop27
09-26-2018, 08:37 PM
i got my start in writing for my high school paper (The Brahma Beat) in East Bernard back in 1971 and went from there to the East Bernard Tribune in the fall of 1973. T hen wrote for the Wharton County Junior College paper (The Trail Blaze). After taking a break to become a club DJ, I started writing for the Wharton Journal Spectator in the fall of 1985 and the Herald Coaster in Rosenberg from 1986-89. I became the sports editor of the Wharton Journal Spectator in 1989 until 2019. Then the Bay City Tribune from 2009-2011 before retiring full time. T hen wrote free lance for the El Campo Leader News for two years, covering the Louise Hornet football team for two year. I still miss it but wouldn't go back with the late hours etc

lostaussie
09-26-2018, 08:58 PM
at least

Maybe........

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Perhaps one of these days I might write something that is important to a number of people on this God's Green Earth......you just never can tell. Maybe I already have and don't even realize it. Regardless.......looks like I'm the lone poster still standing on this site posting for the Argyle Eagles. No Black Attack or Back in Black, or Aguilafantico, or a host of others that have moved on in their lives.......that's just the way it is in the world and this highly mobile society we live in today. Don't be surprised if one of these days there will no longer be any posts from regaleagle on this site......even Eagles fly away to new horizons.

lostaussie
09-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Happens to the best of us. When I first got on here this was a happening place. Not so much anymore. That's really too bad.

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 09:20 PM
But guess what??? I plan to not attend the game in Sulphur Springs this Friday.....so that means I will be following the Argyle Broadcast Network and doing the play by play here for you guys......see how lucky y'all are, LOL.

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 09:24 PM
The only problem is that sometimes those Argyle broadcasters don't see things exactly how they happened and then I relate it on here from what I've heard from them. Most of the time they call it right.....but they do talk among themselves too much about other topics sometimes instead of calling the play that's happening on the field. So I do the best I can with the information I'm garnering at the time. And of course.....sometimes it's slanted toward the Eagles prospective for the Eagles fans listening.

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 09:30 PM
But in the final analysis......I think they do a good job and it's far better to have a live broadcast than not to have one at all. I'm fairly certain they donate their time and talents to the Eagles doing these broadcasts. There are advertisements connected to help pay for and support the costs of the ABN to make everything possible for us to LISTEN LIVE.

Scoop27
09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Sealy's broadcasters talk about everything except the Kitchen Sink and do shout outs etc. T hey do a good job of of play by play and color but are slanted for the Tigers. El Campo's are simliar as well as Bellville,s Bay City's and East Bernard and La Grange and Columbus who I listen to. As well as sometimes Edna's

regaleagle
09-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Well Scoop......I guess it's just a part of Texas High School football.......the best game in the entire nation, Huh? Who would want or expect it to be different! :taunt::lies:

regaleagle
09-27-2018, 01:37 AM
Getting back to this contest......I actually have no idea what to expect from LE. On the filmclips and recaps they appear to be explosive in the running game. It looks like their backs don't need much room to break a huge gain. Not sure about their lines though......I think Argyle is very quick on defense and has a very good O-line that is still a work in progress. You must remember that Argyle has played only 3 games so far.....not 4 like LE has. Early in the season every game means more progress for the players and the team. It seems LE is at that point where they could present any team they play with some serious problems defensively......JMO. Their QB is major league dangerous on the keepers also......Argyle will need to put a spy on whichever QB is back there because they both are speedy and like to run. This team is very athletic, but I think Argyle has the upper hand on the lines and plays better as a team. It's obvious that LE has the individual athletes that can burn you, though.

d0tc0m
09-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Happens to the best of us. When I first got on here this was a happening place. Not so much anymore. That's really too bad.

This was the happening place when it was the main source for game information and smack talking (i.e. before Twitter). That was a fun time to be alive. We've had so many good posters come and go over the years. I flew the coop for a year or two when I was covering the Razorbacks for the Democrat-Gazette in Fayetteville. But I came back. This place feels like home.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 06:59 PM
It won't be long now for the kickoff in this one......they have a 7 pm start tonight in Sulphur Springs. I'm waiting on the Argyle Broadcast Network to start their pregame......they are running late obviously.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:13 PM
Pregame on now......looks like the kickoff will be at 7:30 tonight.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Interesting game tonight in the 3rd meeting between these two teams......look out for some fireworks in this one. LE will be a serious test for the Eagles tonight.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Coin toss now.......LE won the toss and defers to the 2nd half. Looks like Argyle will take the opening kickoff to start this game.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Squib kick to Argyle 35.....Riley Hartman falls on it there.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:41 PM
First snap is fumbled by Hogeboom then he throws it away. Quick pass to Dillon Carter incomplete as he takes a huge hit. He's up now and shaken up a little.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:42 PM
3rd and 10 now......Hogeboom goes deep to Alex Gonzales all the way to the 38 yd line of LE. He made the catch between 2 defenders. 38 yd pass.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:43 PM
LE defense is very quick.......Hogeboom sacked. Pass to Gonzales down to the 5 yd line......22 yd gain.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Quick pass on the slant to Schlater for TD for Argyle......3 straight completions by Hogeboom. Kick by Grant Shaw is good.

Argyle 7-0
6 plays 65 yds on 1:15 off the clock.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Kickoff his the hands of the Leopards handler and it goes out of bounds at the 11 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Isaiah Cross is the qb.....delay of game on the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Cross on the screen pass completed to the 18 yd line......LE averages 7 screen passes a game. 3rd and a yard after that run by Cross for only a yard. Now Landry Barnett gets the stop for a loss of 3. LE will have to punt.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Clearman gets the punt and is down at the Argyle 48.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Deep pass should have been intercepted by Dickerson but falls incomplete.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:51 PM
To Carter on a quick pass for only two yards.....3rd and 8 now. Argyle has not had a running play yet. Hogeboom goes deep and had a step on the defender, but White the defender knocks it away at the last second. 4th down and tosses it to Carter to pick up the first down. Byce runs it for 2 yds now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:52 PM
QB draw as Hogeboom keeps it for 5 yds. Now to Byce down to the 11 yd line for a first down. Now Byce down to the 3 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Hogeboom incomplete to Carter on the slant. Tito Byce in the endzone on the left side of the line for a TD. Kick is good.

Argyle 14
LE 0

6:43 1st qtr

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:57 PM
LE already down to the Argyle 48.....now almost intercepted by Clearman......Isaiah Cross forced to throw it early.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Leopards punting now.....straight up into the air.....Alex Gonzales is calling a fair catch and is run into. A flag is thrown. Looks like Argyle end up with the ball on the LE 45 after the penalty.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Byce for 15 yd run on first down to the LE 29 now. Timeout LE.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Hogeboom throws it behind Carter incomplete. 2nd and 10.....Carter was triple covered. Pass to Cole Kickpatrick complete to the 15 yd line. for a first down.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Run by Byce to the 5 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:03 PM
TD Argyle as Tito Byce hurdles a man and makes a spin move to score. Kick is good by Shaw.

Argyle 21
LE 0

3:21 1st qtr.

Argyle controlling the pace of this game

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Kickoff goes out of bounds at the 13 yd line. Ball placed at the 30 yd line for LE.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Cross on the inside screen is complete to Dickerson but for a loss of 5 yds. Facemask call against Argyle on that play.....15 yds and first down for LE now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Cross incomplete to Dickerson out of the backfield.....he was wide open.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:07 PM
2nd and 10 fakes the handoff and keeps it for a spin move to midfield. 1st down LE.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Deep pass well overthrown to Dickerson......he was forced to throw it too quick.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:08 PM
2nd and 10.....deep ball overthrown out of bounds. 3rd and 10 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Cross hammered by Chase Petter on the blitz for a loss of 10 yds. 4th and 20 now for LE.....what a devastating sack by Petter. False start prior to the snap for the punt.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:11 PM
Here's the punt.....the punt is tipped and LE gets on the ball. Now they are saying LE gets the ball, but it must have hit an Argyle player in the back when it was alive. What a weird set of circumstances and a good break for LE......at midfield.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Tate Van Poppel gets a sack on Cross on that one.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Zoom sweep to White for 4 yds back to the original LOS. End of 1st qtr.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:16 PM
Argyle's D is looking very very good and more disciplined. 4th down and 12 now for LE. Punt goes to Clearman as he returns it 35 yds to the 45 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:17 PM
At the LE 45......Hunter Martindale gives it Gonzales on the zoom sweep for 5 yds. Now Martindale keeps it for 4 yds......3rd down. Martindale on the keeper, but a false start. 3rd and 6 now for Argyle

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Martindale throws an interception underthrown to Gonzales at the Leopard 26. Martindale was expecting Gonzales to cut his route short and come back, but a miscommunication there between qb and receiver.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:20 PM
LE 2nd and 12 now.....Cross on the option keeper for only 2 yds as Petter gets the stop. 3rd and 10 now for LE.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:21 PM
Throw to the sidelines almost intercepted by Brenden Dixon as the receiver became a defender to foil the interception. False start before the LE punt now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Good punt to Clearman......has a huge wall on the left side......he goes all the way 64 yds on the punt return for an Argyle TD. He took it all the way across the field and beat all the LE players to the wall of blockers......just perfect execution on the punt return. The kick is good.

Argyle 28
LE 0

Clearman has alot of speed

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Kickoff into the endzone for a touchback. LE starts on their 25.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Triple reverse pass was wide open but goes incomplete. A big break for Argyle.....the receiver was wide open. Lineman downfield gets a 5 yd penalty. 1st and 15 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Handoff to White for only a yard......2nd and 14 now.

Saggy Aggie
09-28-2018, 08:27 PM
at least

Like I said. This game was over in the 1st qtr

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Argyle D controlling the lines now.......Cross pass intended for Dominick Williams is hit hard by Blake Ramsey and knocked the ball loose. 3rd and 14 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:28 PM
Cross goes deep and out of bounds incomplete. LE forced to punt again now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Bad snap and Argyle falls on the ball at the 11 yd line......that was a forced mistake by LE. Argyle in control now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:30 PM
Hogeboom to Byce on the run for no gain. Now here's a flag route by Hogeboom for a TD to Crowder wide open. Kick is good. Argyle looks like world beaters tonight.

Argyle 35
LE 0

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Argyle controlling both sides of the LOS.....kickoff to Dominick Williams runs it back to just shy of the LE 30 for a 25 yd return to the 29 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:32 PM
LE needs to get cranking now.....Cross on the keeper for 9 yds on that spin move. 2nd and one now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Dickerson gets it now and runs to the sideline but Clearman gets him for no gain.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Somebody down in the backfield on that handoff.....both backs are brought down. 2nd and 16 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Up the middle on the option play.....only a couple gained there. 3rd and 13.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Cross on the throwback to trick the defense.....but it goes nowhere. Punt to Gonzales to the 35 yd line as he makes the fair catch. Argyle with the ball again.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Byce gains 6 on first down. Hogeboom on the pass to Carter for 25 yds......a good catch.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Almost a pick 6 but he drops it. 2nd and 10 for the Eagles. Overthrows Gonzales.....3rd and 10 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Run down to the 15 yd line.....Luke Ferris right up the middle on that run.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:39 PM
A 19 yd run.....now a pickup of 3 yds......2nd and 7.......Ferris to the 5 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Ferris gets only a yard to the 4 now.....2nd and goal now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
Luke Ferris in for a TD with 39 seconds before halftime. The kick is good by Shaw.

Argyle 42
LE 0

39 secs. to halftime

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 08:41 PM
You might say it's been total domination by the Eagles......all over the field.

lostaussie
09-28-2018, 08:55 PM
And you were worried about what?

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:21 PM
About making sure the Argyle players were on point for this matchup.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:23 PM
I guess I missed the 2nd half kickoff to LE......but now the score is Argyle 49-0. Now a 41 yd punt by LE to Clearman to the Argyle 43. Argyle has the ball AGAIN!!

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Hogeboom still in there......loss of 4 yds on that run. Big hole in the right side as Byce gains 8 to the 46 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Byce gets 9 yds and a first down across midfield now. Presnap penalty false start. 1st and 15 now. Pass for a gain of about 13 on that nice pass play. Byce gets the first down at the 36 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Gain of a couple. Low snap Hogeboom trying to throw it away out of bounds almost intercepted. Penalty on defense.....5 yd penalty.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:29 PM
1st and 5 now for Argyle......loss of a couple in the backfield on that play.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:29 PM
LE still playing hard.....Byce gains 18 yds off a huge hole on the right side at the 12 yd line now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Tito Bice carries it on the right side for a 12 yd TD run. Grant Shaw's kick is good.

Argyle 56
L E 0

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:43 PM
End of 3rd

Argyle 56
Liberty Eylau 0

I doubt that LE has EVER been behind by this much.......but I don't know this for sure. LE was kinda favored to win their district with Gilmer, PG, and Pitt.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:46 PM
LE changes RB's and the junior scores after 2 gains on a 40 yd run.

Argyle 56
LE 7

10:50 left in game

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Adam Schlater returns the kickoff all the way back to the 45 yd line.....nice return. Martindale in at qb now.....so is Noah Lang at RB. Lots of backups in there now. Lang all the way to the LE 45 for a first down now. Oline backups in there also

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Now Lang all the way down to the 20 yd line on that 30 yd pickup.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:49 PM
Lang bounces off two tackles on a nice hard run to the 4 yd line.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:50 PM
First and goal.....with the 2nd teamers in now. Flag down on that play......10 yds against Argyle lineman.....I think holding.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:50 PM
Martindales throws incomplete with pressure......2nd and goal from the 14 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:52 PM
Martindale on keeper to the 6 yd line on that qb draw. 3rd and goal from the 6 now.......high snap as Martindale snares it and gets only a yard. 4th and goal form the 5 now.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Martindale hits Kirkpatrick on a pass threading the needle for a TD on 4th down. Garcia with the extra point is good.

Argyle 63
Liberty Eylau 7

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 10:02 PM
Liberty Eylau scores again with backup qb Cooper.

63-13 Argyle with 3:13 to play with backups playing 4th qtr.

regaleagle
09-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Argyle throws a ball to Brandon White at the 30 and he gets it between 2 defenders as he goes the distance to score a TD on the last play of the game. Argyle does not even kick the extra point.

Argyle 69
Liberty Eylau 13

Final

ctown81
09-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Argyle throws a ball to Brandon White at the 30 and he gets it between 2 defenders as he goes the distance to score a TD on the last play of the game. Argyle does not even kick the extra point.

Argyle 69
Liberty Eylau 13

Final

Why are they still passing? Are they padding?

Wayne
09-28-2018, 10:43 PM
It’s backups playing.

ctown81
09-28-2018, 10:46 PM
It’s backups playing.

I get that but passing on the last play?

regaleagle
09-29-2018, 12:02 AM
The play was not intended to score a TD.......they were giving Brandon White some minutes and giving him a chance to go get one. He's a star basketball player that has not played football since his freshman season. I'm sure the OC just wanted to see what he could do in case they want to use him more later this season. He's 6-6 or 6-8 and has some tools.....but joined the team for his senior season late after the first scrimmage.....he was "green" and needed some playing time. Nobody expected him to score a TD.....I guess he outmaneuvered the LE D-backs and ran 25 yds for a score after he caught it.......I didn't see the play.

speedbump
09-30-2018, 04:45 PM
LE , year in,year out the most overrated team in Texas at any classification?

Caveman
10-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Forget the pass on the last play of the game. Forget that Argyle scored 69 points. The most amazing stat is that LE only had 23 yds total offense at the start of the 4th quarter. Wow.

Wayne
10-01-2018, 01:24 PM
That ankle biter D! Lol

waterboy
10-01-2018, 03:02 PM
LE , year in,year out the most overrated team in Texas at any classification?

L-E is always very athletic, and usually athletically superior to just about anybody they face. If they were coached up they would likely be in the hunt every year. They just never seem to meet expectations.

Argyle is a whole other animal, though. Strong and athletic, fundamentally sound, plus having a very good coaching staff is the difference.

Caveman
10-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Sorry, I stand corrected LE had 14 yds at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

regaleagle
10-02-2018, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure if Argyle is better than most give them credit for.......or LE is worse than they get credit for. It really doesn't matter for a couple of more weeks because Argyle plays the two weakest teams they will face all season in the next two weeks......Sanger and then North Lamar. I just hope after those two games the Eagles will be ready to battle tooth and nail against some very good football teams the rest of the way and not experience a dropoff in momentum and toughness(also sharpness).

speedbump
10-02-2018, 01:13 PM
L-E is always very athletic, and usually athletically superior to just about anybody they face. If they were coached up they would likely be in the hunt every year. They just never seem to meet expectations.

Argyle is a whole other animal, though. Strong and athletic, fundamentally sound, plus having a very good coaching staff is the difference.

LE sounds exactly like Bay City down here. Just not put in the top ten at the beginning of almost every year.