PDA

View Full Version : MRE's

sinfan75
05-14-2003, 07:31 PM
For some of ya'll that don't know that's MEALS READY TO EAT.That's what our brave troops get to eat every day.I remember herein on the news our troops were finally gonna get a "hot" meal when they got to Baghdad.These MRE's have a magnesium pack in em' and I'll tell ya what they was gettin hot meals ALL the time.I tried one of these MRE's the other day and you wanna talk some good chowin.Hot and good buddy.Believe me our troops are well fed out in the field.

PPHSfan
05-14-2003, 10:12 PM
When I was in the Army we called them Meals Rejected by Ethiopians. :D But from what I hear, they are better today than they were 20 years ago.

sinton66
05-14-2003, 10:12 PM
One of the Fox news embeds said he actually gained weight while he was over there eating nothing but MRE's. Said he really liked them. Think it was Leventhal.

sinton66
05-15-2003, 12:06 AM
You were in the Army? So THAT'S what's wrong with you! :p

sinfan75
05-15-2003, 05:19 AM
Each MRE contains 1200-1500 calories.Not only do these things have a main course but they also come all kinds of candy and crackers.I was told they are issued 3 of these MRE's per day.So I can see someone gainin weight.

Green Ranger
05-15-2003, 08:02 AM
My brother is currently over there, occasionally I will get updates as to how they are. I have had an MRE a good while back and they were not what everyone is making them up to be, hopefully and from what it sounds like they have improved. Anyhow, there are enough calories in one of those things that most of those in my brothers company eat once or maybe twice a day and still gain weight.

Old Cardinal
05-15-2003, 02:31 PM
I am visiting my son, who just returned from Baghdad and he lost 35#'s since early Feburary, in the fighting...I think that these troops left in excellent conditioning posture; but faced 20-21 hours per day of hard activity: and the little sleep and physical exertion overwhelmed the types of grub that they obtained...You know the 82nd Airborne Paratroopers were deep in the fray but had no casualties and only 17 injured. That's a 4000+ member- deployed fighting machine, opening the various roads, all the way to Baghdad! A book could be written about their training methodology and how it was actuated with such uncanny success during this effort!

DRuMLiNeSPYKe2004
05-15-2003, 10:51 PM
My friend Jason is over in Iraq and he gets 2 mres on every other day and he gets 1 every other day... make sense? he wrote home asking one of my best friends *his girlfriend* to send him all sorts of food and supplies and she did. he hadnt taken a bath in 21 days BUT if it was any consolation, he got to use baby wipes. gRoSs! :)