PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: La Grange (1-0) at Columbus (0-1)

Scoop27
09-03-2018, 02:45 PM
The Leops in an easy one

buff4ever
09-03-2018, 07:48 PM
I think the leps will win their 2nd in a row this week. If you don't believe me, just hang on for Pud to come and tell you why and how.

Pudlugger
09-04-2018, 09:22 AM
I think the leps will win their 2nd in a row this week. If you don't believe me, just hang on for Pud to come and tell you why and how.

Right Buffy, the Leps are a whole new team this year. They just had their first taste of winning last Friday breaking a 10 game losing streak and want some more winamins. They are bigger, faster and meaner than ever before. Plus they have heart! They play football not for the glory but for the love of the game! Ya, you betcha the Leps roll Friday! Eh?:wave::spitlol::evilgrin:

PappaFeelGood
09-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Really impressed by the Leps performance last Friday against an athletic Fulshear team. They should roll through C-Town provided they bring the same intensity. Leps are hungry and determined to put last year in the rear view mirror.

buff4ever
09-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Right Buffy, the Leps are a whole new team this year. They just had their first taste of winning last Friday breaking a 10 game losing streak and want some more winamins. They are bigger, faster and meaner than ever before. Plus they have heart! They play football not for the glory but for the love of the game! Ya, you betcha the Leps roll Friday! Eh?:wave::spitlol::evilgrin:

you never disappoint

Pudlugger
09-08-2018, 12:24 AM
La Grange 42 Columbus 28. LG pulled away in the 4th to get the win. Too many illegal procedure penalties for the Leps OL otherwise they just seemed to get better as the game progressed taking possession of the line of scrimmage and opening big holes for out rbs. Unfortunately the Cardinals reacted poorly to their frustration throwing punches . They had 2 players ejected in separate incidents and at the end when going through the hand shake line one of their players sucker punched our Qb. Pandemonium ensued. I don't know what the punishment for that would be maybe thrown off the team?
Since the game was over it could be assault and battery? Oh well, on to La Vernia at home next week. The Leps will need to sharpen up their execution if they want to hang with the Bulldogs. If they resolve the procedure penalties it will go a long way towards their becoming a solid contender.

Scoop27
09-08-2018, 02:19 AM
Heard on KULM Radio post game they had a benches clearing altercation that got out of hand

Pudlugger
09-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Yeah, read my post above. One of the Cardinals sucker punched our Qb in the face during the handshake line at the end of the game. Before that two Cardinal players were ejected for fighting on two separate occasions in this game. The Leps came to play while the Cards came to fight apparently. Sad!

regaleagle
09-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Columbus got it handed to them last week by Goliad. Now La Grange did the same thing. Looks like Columbus was expecting more from themselves and just ran into some stiff competition. La Grange handled themselves with class in a nightmare year last year.....Columbus should learn from the Leps, huh?

1st and goal
09-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Yeah, read my post above. One of the Cardinals sucker punched our Qb in the face during the handshake line at the end of the game. Before that two Cardinal players were ejected for fighting on two separate occasions in this game. The Leps came to play while the Cards came to fight apparently. Sad!

I hate to hear that, because if left unbridled, it usually leads to a bad, bad situation.

Giddings doesn't play them this year. I wonder how Royal is in our district but Columbus is not??? This per Maxprep schedule page. Did they go down to 3A?

Pudlugger
09-08-2018, 03:18 PM
I hate to hear that, because if left unbridled, it usually leads to a bad, bad situation.

Giddings doesn't play them this year. I wonder how Royal is in our district but Columbus is not??? This per Maxprep schedule page. Did they go down to 3A?

Yes 3A D1