PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ 5A Hutto

LHPfactory
09-03-2018, 04:26 AM
This one will be a great test, Hutto is a+10 point favorite as the #5 Ranked Team in 5A-D1 after week 1 results. The Hippos QB , Griffin is one of 8 returning offensive starters and is committed to UCLA after a 4,000 plus passing yard Junior season. Hutto is loaded with speed and size and they say in Hippo land that this is the best team they have ever fielded including the 2005 State Finalist with TCU/NY Jets player Jeremy Curley.

Its understandable to pick this top 5A team over the 4A Panthers, but I can never pick against this LH bunch, they are too special to me and I know they have a real shot at the upset in Hutto on Friday night, intangibles cover the spread!!!

Kick Off is at 7:00 for this show of high flying pass Hutto vs old school Liberty Hill.

Last week:
#5 LH 49-21 over 5A-D2 Leander Glenn

#5 Hutto over #19 West Mesquite 52-31

Matthew328
09-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Saw Hutto last week, very impressed with them on offense they are as legit as it gets......the defense was decent and had some moments especially early but prepping for the Slot-T on a short week will be tough...if I'm a Liberty Hill fan I'd be a little concerned about how well Glenn moved the ball last week...esp considering what Hutto brings to the table

regaleagle
09-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Can't blame LH for playing "up" in the nondistrict schedule......it will only prepare them for better teams come playoff time. Good Luck this week against a very tough opponent. An upset win is not out of the question......just depends on your defense and how you control the Time of Possession on offense.

panfan
09-03-2018, 07:34 PM
LH needs to score each possession, and hold them to one or more 3 and outs. Hutto may not be prepared for this offense, but may score often with their passing game. Expect a basketball score if this occurs.

hollywood
09-03-2018, 08:39 PM
How is Hutto’s D-line?

solocam
09-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Hutto passing game takes down Panthers

speedbump
09-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Pigskin Prep has Hutto at #8 and a 12 point favorite. I'll go twice that. I don't think LH plays enough D to keep it closer.

LHPfactory
09-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Pigskin Prep has Hutto at #8 and a 12 point favorite. I'll go twice that. I don't think LH plays enough D to keep it closer.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football-fall-18/1/division/tx/NALoGDboJ0iN-lQ1-E00tQ/division-5a-1.htm

Max Preps has Hutto at #5 in 5A-D1 and LH moved up to #4 in DCTF after last week. The rankings vary slightly by source, and that is here nor there.

Reality there is no way a Top 5 4A Should beat a comparable ranked 5A program, let alone a top ranked 5A-D1, period. I dont fault anyone for picking Hutto.

As for me, Nothing like being the underdog, Im looking for a David vs Goliath upset. I can never pick against this LH bunch.

Celina8
09-04-2018, 09:54 AM
I actually think Liberty Hill will play Hutto tough . They may end up getting beat , but I think it will be a hard fought ball game. Liberty Hill is one of the larger 4A schools in Texas and will most likely be 5A on the next alignment as many thought for sure they would be 5A this year. If the Panthers can run on Hutto's defense and maintain long sustained drives then watch out the impossible might become possible.

d0tc0m
09-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Like has already been stated, preparing for the slot-T is not something you want to have to do in just a week's worth of practice. It's so hard to simulate in practice — impossible, really. So, I think LH will have some success moving the ball against Hutto. I think you'll see a couple of really big scoring plays. But the Panthers are going to have to sustain those long drives, and then make sure they don't stall out, especially in the red zone, when the field gets really small. I think the Hippos are going to have plenty of success against the Panthers' defense. Hutto just has some great athletes, especially their signal caller. They'll score a lot of points. I don't know if the Panthers can go toe-to-toe in a complete shootout. But, if LH gets a stop or two, especially early on, then, look out.

My gut says Hutto wins this one, but I'll be rooting for the Purple Panthers to pull the upset!

1st and goal
09-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Panthers secondary is liable to be plum wore out after this one.

stardog
09-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Liberty Hill leads the series 20-11. Panthers have won last 15. Last met in 2007.

Celina8
09-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Rain could play a factor in this game as chance of showers will increase towards the late afternoon and evening. There is also the chance that storms could delay this game if they do fire up this evening.

Cam
09-07-2018, 01:45 PM
.....and panfan got a new cat!!.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/cat_1.jpg

stardog
09-07-2018, 03:05 PM
He found that cat in Marble Falls. Said it was worth $ 500. (thinks it's a panther) !!!

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2018, 07:25 PM
.....and panfan got a new cat!!.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/cat_1.jpg

I love it!

Cam
09-07-2018, 09:01 PM
.....you should see his gerbil!!!

panfan
09-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Ha ha. Basketball score at the half as predicted.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2018, 10:26 PM

:doh: :doh: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Ha ha. Basketball score at the half as predicted.

And the end

panfan
09-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Damn good game

regaleagle
09-08-2018, 12:37 AM
Congrats to our Liberty Hill gang for going for the win. You represented 4A D-1 with excellence tonite. It was only right to go for the win in overtime on the 2 point attempt. Your team is fantastic!!! Good stuff and Panther Proud.

1st and goal
09-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Wow, impressed with the panthers for their effort last night.

They will have to be considered the hill country's big threat IMO...

speedbump
09-08-2018, 12:13 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

I was right about the LH defense but I should have looked more closely at Huttos. :cool:

LHPfactory
09-08-2018, 06:08 PM
I was right about the LH defense but I should have looked more closely at Huttos. :cool:

Now Speedhump you know Hutto or LH would have hung 100 on the birds . You may just get to see LH in a few months. Last week West Mesquite gave up 52 in 4 quarters to the Hippos and hasn’t allowed that many points by anyone in 10 years. For now talk with is cheap, congrats on EC squeaking that one out vs Rockport.

speedbump
09-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Now Speedhump you know Hutto or LH would have hung 100 on the birds . You may just get to see LH in a few months. Last week West Mesquite gave up 52 in 4 quarters to the Hippos and hasn’t allowed that many points by anyone in 10 years. For now talk with is cheap, congrats on EC squeaking that one out vs Rockport.

Yea talk is cheap alright,but don't get carried away with the 100 point stuff. LOL We aren't a juggernaut like PL Calhoun but I'm pretty sure if we get that far,we can keep the ball away and score enough to keep it close. All teams have areas that can be improved and Hutto isn't Angleton when it comes to defense and Angleton isn't Hutto on offense.

LHPfactory
09-08-2018, 10:47 PM
Yea talk is cheap alright,but don't get carried away with the 100 point stuff. LOL We aren't a juggernaut like PL Calhoun but I'm pretty sure if we get that far,we can keep the ball away and score enough to keep it close. All teams have areas that can be improved and Hutto isn't Angleton when it comes to defense and Angleton isn't Hutto on offense.

Time will tell, till then time to get better

speedbump
09-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Time will tell, till then time to get better

Yup and we have more good Jr and Sophs than I can ever remember. Gonna be real salty the next two or three years. Meanwhile we got a lot of work to do if we hope to have our corrective lenses for "purple blur"ready this season.