PDA

View Full Version : Question for China Spring folk

d0tc0m
08-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Any of you guys remember Mark Talbert? Would've graduated in like 2002ish ... Probably 2001 would have been his senior season.

Bosqueville
08-30-2018, 07:08 PM
The Talbert name is big in CS. Don’t know them personally.

d0tc0m
08-31-2018, 07:20 AM
The Talbert name is big in CS. Don’t know them personally.

Gotcha. I was just curious, because the new head football coach (Mark Talbert) at the school where I work in Missouri came by my office and was having me help him with something. I had a Texas Forever shirt on, and he was just commenting on how great of a shirt it was. And he asked me what my background in Texas was, and I told him I was from Celina. And he was just like, "Oooooh man, the Bobcats! You guys were the real deal." He then proceeded to tell me he graduated from China Spring, and how he was at the 2007 Celina/CS state title game. We talked about how great of a matchup that was, and how crazy the CS/LV game was two weeks before that. He was also at the Celina/Mart title game in 2000 and the Celina/Garrison title game the following year. He told me how one of his greatest moments on the field was sacking Billy Pittman (Cameron Yoe). We rambled on for a long time, and no one else around us had a clue what we were talking about. It was very Texas expat of us.

Anyway, small world. Wondered if any of you China Spring folks remembered him. He's a big ol' boy. Already a weight-room legend here at our HS in Missouri. The kids cannot believe how much weight he can bench press.

Old Tiger
08-31-2018, 09:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/fd3e75520e601b3199bcd544c9aaafc8.png

Please tell me it was this shirt.

d0tc0m
08-31-2018, 10:57 AM

It wasn't that particular piece, although, I do have a few Dillon Panthers shirts.

44INAROW
08-31-2018, 11:07 AM
that's a neat story - Texas HS Football is a bond like no other.....

Gotcha. I was just curious, because the new head football coach (Mark Talbert) at the school where I work in Missouri came by my office and was having me help him with something. I had a Texas Forever shirt on, and he was just commenting on how great of a shirt it was. And he asked me what my background in Texas was, and I told him I was from Celina. And he was just like, "Oooooh man, the Bobcats! You guys were the real deal." He then proceeded to tell me he graduated from China Spring, and how he was at the 2007 Celina/CS state title game. We talked about how great of a matchup that was, and how crazy the CS/LV game was two weeks before that. He was also at the Celina/Mart title game in 2000 and the Celina/Garrison title game the following year. He told me how one of his greatest moments on the field was sacking Billy Pittman (Cameron Yoe). We rambled on for a long time, and no one else around us had a clue what we were talking about. It was very Texas expat of us.

Anyway, small world. Wondered if any of you China Spring folks remembered him. He's a big ol' boy. Already a weight-room legend here at our HS in Missouri. The kids cannot believe how much weight he can bench press.

LHAG
09-01-2018, 10:02 PM

It's already September! Where is girl of the Month for March-September?