PDA

View Full Version : Officially part of the Aggie family....

Cam
08-25-2018, 11:10 PM
Left my youngest at A&M this past week. His new journey begins! Gotta get used to all the traditions there...My boy got after me for responding to a "HOWDY" with a "HOW YA DOIN?" while walking the campus the other day!!

Never was a Longhorn fan,
Neither was my son,
Never liked their uniforms,
Don't even like their band,
Cam Jr now in Aggieland.....;):kiss::taunt:

Also officially an empty-nester!
Don't know what to do with myself in this big ol house....wifey and I looked at ourselves and said, "NOW WHAT?"

....is it football season yet??

...this is all Greendawgs fault...

movethechain
08-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Left my youngest at A&M this past week. His new journey begins! Gotta get used to all the traditions there...My boy got after me for responding to a "HOWDY" with a "HOW YA DOIN?" while walking the campus the other day!!

Neither was my son,

Don't know what to do with myself in this big ol house....wifey and I looked at ourselves and said, "NOW WHAT?"

Welcome to the family and this request is rather belated, but try not to embarrass us all, too much! :thumbsup:

Cam
08-25-2018, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the family and this request is rather belated, but try not to embarrass us all, too much! :thumbsup:

No problem....I was made a deal by campus officials....I was given one of them ofo's to take home in return for staying off the campus.....it looks like a sweet ride but haven't figured out how to unlock it yet.......sure is nicer than that putrid purple scooter panfan gave me a few years back....

FB-fanatic
08-25-2018, 11:51 PM
Congrats and Gig'em!

My oldest, an '11, was a center at Lorena, played 4 years of Aggie Rugby, traveled the U.S. and is now Chief Resident at Syracuse, and an assistant team physician to the Orangemen.

My youngest was weighing his football options of Dii and DIII, when we made yet another visit to CS, and he texted a friend back home ".. I feel at home here...". Bypassed fottball for A&M and graduated 2 months ago. Now headed to PT School.

Neither my wife nor I were alums, but we quickly learned (drank the cool-aide) and absolutely embraced the traditions!

The Aggie network is awe-inspiring.

Cam
08-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Congrats and Gig'em!

My oldest, an '11, was a center at Lorena, played 4 years of Aggie Rugby, traveled the U.S. and is now Chief Resident at Syracuse, and an assistant team physician to the Orangemen.

My youngest was weighing his football options of Dii and DIII, when we made yet another visit to CS, and he texted a friend back home ".. I feel at home here...". Bypassed fottball for A&M and graduated 2 months ago. Now headed to PT School.

Neither my wife nor I were alums, but we quickly learned (drank the cool-aide) and absolutely embraced the traditions!

The Aggie network is awe-inspiring.

Awesome! You must be a proud parent!! A Chief Resident doc and a future DPT! My oldest is a DPT here in Austin at St. Davids Hospital...but it looks like he'll be heading to Jacksonville, FL in the near future....His sweetie is doing her residency at Mayo Clinic there...she has 3 years to go....don't think my son is about to let that Colombian beauty get too far away for too long!!.....Where is your boy going to PT school?
My youngest said the same thing....felt right at home at A&M....Have not had the Kool-aid yet....did go to Muster this year....what a great event...

FB-fanatic
08-26-2018, 12:27 AM
Awesome! You must be a proud parent!! A Chief Resident doc and a future DPT! My oldest is a DPT here in Austin at St. Davids Hospital...but it looks like he'll be heading to Jacksonville, FL in the near future....His sweetie is doing her residency at Mayo Clinic there...she has 3 years to go....don't think my son is about to let that Colombian beauty get too far away for too long!!.....Where is your boy going to PT school?
My youngest said the same thing....felt right at home at A&M....Have not had the Kool-aid yet....did go to Muster this year....what a great event...

Very cool - another DPT guy! Congrats on that too. My youngest is interviewing at UTEP and St Augustine in Austin, and waiting to hear back from others. My oldest did med school on St Maartin island in the Caribbean, then clinical rotations on Long Island NY. He met a gorgeous Orlando girl in med school, and they married in March. They are both in their last year of Residency. Where did your oldest study DPT?

Rocket Man
08-26-2018, 01:03 AM

Neither was my son,

I, uh guess that means we’re related now....welcome to the familia Vato!

My son is hoping to finish up this Fall.

FB-fanatic
08-26-2018, 08:45 AM

That's another good kid there too:)

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Gig ‘Em!

Cam
08-26-2018, 05:38 PM
Very cool - another DPT guy! Congrats on that too. My youngest is interviewing at UTEP and St Augustine in Austin, and waiting to hear back from others. My oldest did med school on St Maartin island in the Caribbean, then clinical rotations on Long Island NY. He met a gorgeous Orlando girl in med school, and they married in March. They are both in their last year of Residency. Where did your oldest study DPT?

He got his doctorate at UT Health Science Center San Antonio. Several of his buds are doing the traveling PT gig in California. Basically double the money. Recruiter told him he should be able to double his salary in Florida too. We'll see.....Don't think money is the main goal here....he just wants to be near his sweety....gotta feeling this gal may be the one...he better learn to salsa, merengue, cumbia and them other crazy South American dances cause that's what she loves to do...my poor boy only knows how to two-step....but he can fish like crazy!

I'd go to Florida too!.......:thumbsup:

Cam
08-26-2018, 05:41 PM

Ever since I met you at Burnet game and saw you in that Hawaiian shirt....I knew we were related!...

congrats to your son....what was his major I forget?....

1st and goal
08-26-2018, 05:50 PM

Neither was my son,

She is a beauty. I would travel far too....

Welcome to the machine, have some kool ade, maroon koolade that is.

Cam
08-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Gig ‘Em!

:thumbsup:

Cam
08-26-2018, 06:01 PM
She is a beauty. I would travel far too....

Welcome to the machine, have some kool ade, maroon koolade that is.

No doubt 1st and goal...and she has a beautiful soul too....very caring person...super adorable...I told my boy: "Son, what more can you ask for?"...
My wife and I are wondering if she and her hospital are involved with the patients of today's mass shooting in Jacksonville. Her hospital is nearby. She started her ER shift just today!!

Haven't had the Kool-aid yet...what's it taste like?

1st and goal
08-26-2018, 06:20 PM
No doubt 1st and goal...and she has a beautiful soul too....very caring person...super adorable...I told my boy: "Son, what more can you ask for?"...
My wife and I are wondering if she and her hospital are involved with the patients of today's mass shooting in Jacksonville. Her hospital is nearby. She started her ER shift just today!!
Hope not. I worked with a guy lonnnnnnng ago who's brother did his time in the ER of Ben Taub hospital.

Haven't had the Kool-aid yet...what's it taste like?

Wonderful and life lasting. You need to spring for a pair of good seats on the alumni side, just once...

Rocket Man
08-27-2018, 01:45 AM
Ever since I met you at Burnet game and saw you in that Hawaiian shirt....I knew we were related!...

congrats to your son....what was his major I forget?....

He started out Pre-Med, then changed to poly-sci and landed on anthropology.

I have several of those shirts and still wear them to the games; they’re cool, literally.

Glad to see you here man!!

panfan
08-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Oh Geez, G-dawg did you leave the keys to close to the cage door and he got out. Crap!

I'm not sure how CAM managed it, but sometimes the ol gene pool produces some winners, he has some great kiddos. As for CAM, G-dawg find those damn keys and get him locked up again.

buff4ever
08-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Cam, you should have plenty of time to paint for your local mascot's better self-esteem now that you are an empty nester.

Get on it.

Cam
08-27-2018, 01:14 PM
He started out Pre-Med, then changed to poly-sci and landed on anthropology.

I have several of those shirts and still wear them to the games; they’re cool, literally.

Glad to see you here man!!

Anthropology?....man that sounds great!.....I love ants and their little ways of doin' things....:vrycnfsd:

....well, being an empty-nester now I've got more time on my hands....so I figured I could come on here every once in a while for some self-entertainment....:D

Cam
08-27-2018, 01:20 PM
Oh Geez, G-dawg did you leave the keys to close to the cage door and he got out. Crap!

I'm not sure how CAM managed it, but sometimes the ol gene pool produces some winners, he has some great kiddos. As for CAM, G-dawg find those damn keys and get him locked up again.

......well thanks pan...that is very kind of you to say that....but don't think for a minute I'll stop thinking that purple sucks!....

btw, you're kiddos are right up there with mine!....

panfan....I think I love you!:inlove:

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!....

Cam
08-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Cam, you should have plenty of time to paint for your local mascot's better self-esteem now that you are an empty nester.

Get on it.

...come on buff.....you know my painting skills aren't up to snuff......why the last time I entered my latest painting in an art contest I got LAST PLACE!....you come over and do it!

...whataya think?......

Scoop27
08-27-2018, 01:48 PM
It's how YALL doing

Cam
08-27-2018, 02:08 PM
It's how YALL doing

....yeah but I'm part Italian!....at least accordin' to my DNA ancestry test...I'm a mishmash of Italian, Greek, Portuguese, Spanish, Native American, with a touch of African......Hell, I'm more American than most of ya'll sunsbeaches!!.....:spitlol:

yup...got some Injun in me....no wonder I got no chest hairs......:doh:

greendawg84
08-27-2018, 02:19 PM

I will call his wife to change the locks on his cage again ! That sunnybeach is always getting out !

greendawg84
08-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Congrats on the A&M gig . He will do fine there , smart feller , gets if from his momma !

panfan
08-27-2018, 06:04 PM
......well thanks pan...that is very kind of you to say that....but don't think for a minute I'll stop thinking that purple sucks!....

btw, you're kiddos are right up there with mine!....

panfan....I think I love you!:inlove:

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!....

how do you type all that with a flip phone and one ugly finger?

Cam
08-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Talent my friend......raw natural talent....

stardog
08-27-2018, 08:45 PM
Cam.....all them....dots makes.... To much..... To read....,..

FB-fanatic
08-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Cam.....all them....dots makes.... To much..... To read....,..

I've actually been doing the Drinking Game. Every ... I take swig. Pretty damn woozhy now!

oldtownag
08-28-2018, 01:19 PM

Neither was my son,

Welcome to the family!