PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline 4A DIV. 1 Season Preview Show

Gsquared
08-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Predicting the TOP 4 in every district. Region champion and State Champion Predictions.

http://lonestargridiron.com/2018/08/4a-di-big-arse-preview-show/

oldtownag
08-24-2018, 02:50 PM
One of these years your gonna learn not to pick against Carthage.

Dawgs
08-24-2018, 03:04 PM
One of these years your gonna learn not to pick against Carthage.
Not to be a homer, but I agree. If Carthags gets beat it won’t be by LH or Argyle. They make it that far with the talent they got Surrratt and Preston won’t lose. If they get beat it will be in R3.

Picking Argyle over Carthage is not a bad pick, but any smart bettor would take Carthage. 1 team is like 1-3 in the title game. The other is 6-0 (with their current coach).

But I liked the show. Lots of info. Thanks guys.

Carthage finishes the regular season 7-3, doesn’t win an outright district title, but goes on to win the state title.

orange machine
08-24-2018, 03:54 PM
Argyle isnt going to make it to the championship game... There is a good chance they could come in 3rd place in district.

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2018, 03:37 PM
You guys are right on the money.. Navasota's defense will have to carry this team until the offense finds its stride.

bobcat1
08-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Good Show. Naner Puddin for all!

regaleagle
08-29-2018, 10:11 PM
Argyle isnt going to make it to the championship game... There is a good chance they could come in 3rd place in district.

There's a good chance any of the Big 3 teams of Argyle, Melissa, and Celina will come in 3rd in the district, but that does not mean any of those teams would be eliminated in the playoffs for the region title or beyond. Heck....with Argyle's schedule this season it is possible they could be 6-4 headed into the playoffs this season and still have as good a chance as any school in D-1 to win the region. In our district with seven teams this season, there could be some ties that will be decided by an agreed upon tie-breaker method for determining playoff placement. Each team could possibly lose one game each to one of the other two.....and then there would be a 3-way tie that would be decided by the tiebreaker method agreed upon by the coaches. So coming in 3rd in this district is not that big of mountain to climb as it may sound.

cowboyandchrist
09-01-2018, 06:20 PM
The Carthage Dawgs O line put on a performance last night against 5A Jacksonville that completely blew me away.
No way anyone can convince me there is a better O line at the 4A level. If they keep getting better each snap of the ball, Dawg fans are going to witness something very special. We have had great O lines but this one has a chance to dominate.
The D line was every bit as good as the O line was and they were missing a great player that started on last years state championship team but in comes a 6 foot 300 lb junior and had the QB running for his life. I dont know the stats but I believe the Jacksonville QB was sacked for over 30 yards.
Jacksonville had 17 yards rushing on 25 carries. They had 3 receptions for 106 yards when starters were pulled.
The Dawgs made plenty of mistakes but they dominated that game on both sides of the ball.
Great first game for the Dawgs and they have a things to work on but if they keep working hard, this group has a big chance to be very special.
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.