PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Decline Longhorns Offer to Renew Rivalry....

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Thoughts.....?

https://es.pn/2MQ00mU

Aesculus gilmus
08-23-2018, 10:59 AM
There is no rivalry. They're in separate conferences and might as well be on separate planets at this point.

A&M made its decision to SECede. It's not really part of the Texas football scene anymore, IMO. And I'm fine with that, as I'm sure they are or they wouldn't have made that decision.

jason
08-23-2018, 01:34 PM
I love how they say Championships come from the SEC west, and granted, they do - so they're schedule is tough enough without Texas - but what good is it really when you're playing in a conference in which you can't compete?

Scoop27
08-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Not many fans from either side really care anymore. It's dead-Unless they play in a bowl game down the road

1st and goal
08-24-2018, 03:05 PM
I love how they say Championships come from the SEC west, and granted, they do - so they're schedule is tough enough without Texas - but what good is it really when you're playing in a conference in which you can't compete?

The worm has a good chance to turn.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Is this another rebuilding year for Texas too?

1st and goal
08-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Thoughts.....?

https://es.pn/2MQ00mU

After the Aggies declined, Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte scheduled Alabama for those two years instead.

Got to hand it to him, at least he went to the top and got a worthy opponent. A lot can happen between now and then. Texas could turn it around.

oldtownag
08-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Here is my bold prediction:

Texas will be looking for another conference in the next 5 to 10 years (probably 2025).
They will get stuck in the PAC 12 playing games after midnight on the road.
They will regret their previous decisions including not firing DeLoss Dodds earlier.

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2018, 05:13 PM
You guys really gonna sit here and tell me the rivalry is dead and that no one cares? Texas student body voted 90+% to bring it back.

Thanksgiving feels weird without it....

All my friends want it back, from both sides. I want it back. I don’t know who you guys are talking to that don’t care....

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2018, 05:13 PM

Well you gotta admit A&M is at least trying to get there.

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Got to hand it to him, at least he went to the top and got a worthy opponent. A lot can happen between now and then. Texas could turn it around.

Yeah. A&m declining to play to me is super weak.

Going and scheduling bama on the hand, is not weak.

Aesculus gilmus
08-25-2018, 06:58 AM
Here is my bold prediction:

Texas will be looking for another conference in the next 5 to 10 years (probably 2025).
They will get stuck in the PAC 12 playing games after midnight on the road.
They will regret their previous decisions including not firing DeLoss Dodds earlier.

DeLoss Dodds is the greatest AD in history. He took ESPN to the cleaners.

They are having to pay a mediocre football program (granted, there are other sports, but the catalyst was football) approximately $300 million over a 20-year period which began in 2011.

It doesn't matter how awful the Longhorns are. I suppose they do have to take the field rather than forfeit, but they get all those smackeroos regardless of how supremely they suck and regardless of whether anyone's watching.

YTBulldogs
08-25-2018, 09:29 AM
ESPN to the cleaners. $300 million over a 20-year period

Should of let Jimbo negotiate. Talking about going to the cleaners.

db1980
08-26-2018, 12:24 AM
should of let jimbo negotiate. Talking about going to the cleaners.

$300m > $75m

Cam
08-26-2018, 08:40 PM
All I know is I cant get my ofo unlocked......

buff4ever
08-27-2018, 09:44 AM
I am an aggie and I want the game back. Anyone who says they don't want it back is not telling the truth or they are neither a longhorn or an aggie.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2018, 04:38 PM
I am an aggie and I want the game back. Anyone who says they don't want it back is not telling the truth or they are neither a longhorn or an aggie.

Agreed.... think most people are trying to convince the other side that they don’t care....

Aesculus gilmus
08-27-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm a Longhorn, but I no longer care about the football team.

And I don't follow the Aggies because they hardly ever play in this state (excluding their home games, of course).

Furthermore, I don't like the brand of football the SEC plays.

What's ironic is that our former Gilmer coach used to tell me the same thing and now he's associate head coach at Arkansas. :crazy:

oldtownag
08-27-2018, 07:07 PM
I'm a Longhorn, but I no longer care about the football team.

And I don't follow the Aggies because they hardly ever play in this state (excluding their home games, of course).

Furthermore, I don't like the brand of football the SEC plays.

What's ironic is that our former Gilmer coach used to tell me the same thing and now he's associate head coach at Arkansas. :crazy:

You mean the type of football that works?

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2018, 05:42 AM
You mean the type of football that works?

SEC football is boring to me. I think that's what Traylor meant also. He was actually a basketball coach at first and always wanted to speed up football, so Gilmer did and still does run their spread similar to a "fast break" offense on the basketball court.

Honestly, though, I'm just losing interest in following football at every level except for high school games involving my team. If you had told me as kid that this would ever happen to me, I'd have said no way. There was no bigger football fanatic of every level of the sport than I was back in my youth.

But, hell, I used to even play golf back in the day. Nowadays I view golfers as totally boring freaks. The fact that people WATCH golf on TV is incomprehensible to me. Anyone who would sit down to watch a golf tournament for hours needs to be checked for brain tumors, IMHO.

buff4ever
08-28-2018, 09:23 AM
SEC football is boring to me. I think that's what Traylor meant also. He was actually a basketball coach at first and always wanted to speed up football, so Gilmer did and still does run their spread similar to a "fast break" offense on the basketball court.

Honestly, though, I'm just losing interest in following football at every level except for high school games involving my team. If you had told me as kid that this would ever happen to me, I'd have said no way. There was no bigger football fanatic of every level of the sport than I was back in my youth.

But, hell, I used to even play golf back in the day. Nowadays I view golfers as totally boring freaks. The fact that people WATCH golf on TV is incomprehensible to me. Anyone who would sit down to watch a golf tournament for hours needs to be checked for brain tumors, IMHO.

There is a lot going on here. I mean nothing by this in a serious way to anyone, but did you ever think that maybe you are the one with a brain tumor.

To the golf. Short and sweet. If you like to play golf then watching golf, even if it is just the four majors is still very interesting to watch. If you don't play golf anymore, then you probably realized that you were not any good at it and that frustrated you. If you are at least descent at golf, then golf is a lifetime sport that you can always play and compete against your own game and personal best or goals at a minimum. If you play golf you appreciate watching at least the majors.

For Football. I am trying to determine what it is that you are hinting at. Is it the NFL that is turning everyone off? You mention that you don't like SEC style football. So you don't appreciate winning football. Does this mean you only want to watch throw it around offenses or gimmick offenses? Football is possibly losing a little of its luster, and I do believe it is starting at the NFL. It is a combination maybe of the NFL crap right now, and possibly the research and news from research on the head injuries related to football contact. On the bright side for you, if the head injury thing gets bigger, you will see more gimmick offenses and less SEC style offenses. On top of that, the receivers will not be able to be hit before that touch the ground, and all head shots will result in ejection no questions.

It is possible, because I don't know your age, that you could be just losing interest at this point in your life and your interest have changed. The fact that you are still on this website, that is not what it use to be, tells me that you aren't committed to that though. So what is it. If you do get checked and this post saved you from a brain tumor, please let me know. That is hopefully a joke. I don't want that to be the case.