Cameron: 1

Madisonville 0

Live Red Zone Possession

Cameron Yoe 7, Madisonville 0

One Live Quarter (running 12:00 clock)

Cameron Yoe 7 Madisonville 0

Overall Scoring

Cameron Yoe 5-0 total touchdowns

Overall, dominant performance in terms of scoring. Yoe running game was once again the big story. Davion Bynaum probably had 125 yards rushing. Simply put, if he gets in open space he will be gone (probably the fastest 3A player in the state). Nico also ran over someone over for a score. Defense did give up some runs but it was a bend but do not break and they avoided give up big plays. All the quarterbacks played well. The big key for this team, much like any other team, is to continually improve week to week. We just did not get that last year.

Madisonville does appear to be young and a little undersized, but they are well-coached.

Rocket Man
08-23-2018, 11:40 PM
CS @ RR

Heck, I don’t know what the scoring was and at times it looked like it was a mixture of 1s & 2s to me. Overall, I thought both sides had good moments on both sides of the ball. The CS 1st Offense looked pretty sharp tuning the ball & throwing. To me, they’re starting RB & QB should have a really good year. The RR offense had decent showing. The RR defense has shown a marked improvement from the past few years.

It was just a scrimmage thought, so expectations are tempered.

Rocket Man
08-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Controlled

1st team

Cameron: 2

Madsionville: 0

2nd team

Cameron: 1

Madisonville 0

Live Red Zone Possession

Cameron Yoe 7, Madisonville 0

One Live Quarter (running 12:00 clock)

Cameron Yoe 7 Madisonville 0

Overall Scoring

Cameron Yoe 5-0 total touchdowns

Overall, dominant performance in terms of scoring. Yoe running game was once again the big story. Davion Bynaum probably had 125 yards rushing. Simply put, if he gets in open space he will be gone (probably the fastest 3A player in the state). Nico also ran over someone over for a score. Defense did give up some runs but it was a bend but do not break and they avoided give up big plays. All the quarterbacks played well. The big key for this team, much like any other team, is to continually improve week to week. We just did not get that last year.

Madisonville does appear to be young and a little undersized, but they are well-coached.

Maddie-ville is, I think, a program on the rise and will be solid come District time.

cbaker06021984
08-24-2018, 02:55 AM
Lyford 7
Rio Hondo 42

Four live qtrs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bosqueville
08-24-2018, 06:48 AM
CS @ RR

Heck, I don’t know what the scoring was and at times it looked like it was a mixture of 1s & 2s to me. Overall, I thought both sides had good moments on both sides of the ball. The CS 1st Offense looked pretty sharp tuning the ball & throwing. To me, they’re starting RB & QB should have a really good year. The RR offense had decent showing. The RR defense has shown a marked improvement from the past few years.

CS QB is a freshman.

Scoop27
08-24-2018, 12:55 PM
Wharton 5, Brazosport 1
No other information availble

LHPfactory
08-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Liberty Hill @ 5A Marble Falls
1s = 10 TDs. LH - 0 MF
2s = 2 TDs LH - MF 0

LH JV 7 TDs - MF JV 0

LH Looking real good on both sides of the ball.

Bosqueville
08-24-2018, 11:34 PM
Liberty Hill @ 5A Marble Falls
1s = 10 TDs. LH - 0 MF
2s = 2 TDs LH - MF 0

LH JV 7 TDs - MF JV 0

LH Looking real good on both sides of the ball.

Good Lord..

Rocket Man
08-25-2018, 01:54 AM
CS @ RR

Good grief, I just read my post and can’t believe the grammatical errors or is it grammar errors?

Rocket Man
08-25-2018, 01:58 AM
CS QB is a freshman.

Wow, he’ll be fun to watch over the next 4 years!

LHdog
08-25-2018, 10:48 AM
It's true, I was there. Could be long season for MF.

LHPfactory
08-25-2018, 10:57 AM
It's true, I was there. Could be long season for MF.

We are hoping for a long Season in Liberty Hill, but the kind of long that finishes in Arlington on December 21st with UIL hardware for LHHS!!!

That MF team had 17 returning starters from a team that finished last season with a 35-14 loss to 10-0 Dripping Springs.

stardog
08-25-2018, 07:17 PM
I was there also. LH totaly dominated. MF no match for LH ! Knew MF was in trouble before LH's first snap. MF defense lined up with only a 3 man front line. Lot of scores came on long runs. Soon as ball carrier busted past line of srimmage, 5 yds deep, daylight ahead, there was no catching them. Good execution, good speed. LH showed some good passing also. QB can throw a good pass.

Cam
08-25-2018, 11:16 PM
Good grief, I just read my post and can’t believe the grammatical errors or is it grammar errors?

Dang Rocket Man....that was absolutely horrible!!!....all you were missing was a run on sentence.......you sound like panfan!

FB-fanatic
08-26-2018, 12:07 AM

We never judge folks:)

Rocket Man
08-26-2018, 12:57 AM
Dang Rocket Man....that was absolutely horrible!!!....all you were missing was a run on sentence.......you sound like panfan!

Just when we thought the “Cat that drags stuff in” had left the building, he shows up with an Aggie-ized /Bulldog/Poet in tow!!

I don’t know nuthin’ ‘bout no running sentences, but I did stay in Motel 6 this summer.

Rocket Man
08-26-2018, 12:59 AM
We never judge folks:)

:thumbsup:

FB-fanatic
08-26-2018, 11:21 AM
CS QB is a freshman.

Bigtime unfortunately, I'm in Seattle this Thursday and gonna miss the opening game Cougars vs the Leopards.

What is the family name of that Freshman QB?

Scoop27
08-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Controlled=Sweeny 2, El Campo 0
Running clock=Sweeny 0, El Campo 0

Cam
08-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Just when we thought the “Cat that drags stuff in” had left the building, he shows up with an Aggie-ized /Bulldog/Poet in tow!!

I don’t know nuthin’ ‘bout no running sentences, but I did stay in Motel 6 this summer.

......:spitlol:.....where the hell is Greendawg??....and everybody else for that matter......

this must be his fault too....

Cam
08-26-2018, 05:51 PM
Here's Brownwood / Burnet newspaper report

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/20180824/lions-take-big-step-forward-in-final-scrimmage-against-burnet

I don't know much about Burnet this season...only hear they're young with few seniors...QB a soph, RB a freshman, etc.....

Rocket Man
08-27-2018, 01:53 AM
......:spitlol:.....where the hell is Greendawg??....and everybody else for that matter......

Hasn’t been as much fun, for me at least, without all y’all. Now that RR is D2 (greendawg’s fault), it ain’t the same for the rivalry except for that guy who lives to the South of me. Hope to see you around.

lostaussie
08-27-2018, 08:23 AM
I did not get a chance to see Gilmer/Henderson. I was hoping someone had a report.

Crow22
08-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Controlled=Sweeny 2, El Campo 0
Running clock=Sweeny 0, El Campo 0

Wrong.

Controlled- Sweeny 4 EC 0.
Running quarter- Sweeny stalled on the 1 yd line to add a 5th TD. EC didn’t score.

greendawg84
08-28-2018, 10:58 AM

You know me I am always around !

We in trouble from what I hear , lots of young players . For some reason the older kids just are not playing anymore .
When you have freshman starting ( that are not Jordon Shipley caliber ) you are more than likely not going to be very good.

poisoned10
08-29-2018, 07:55 AM
I did not get a chance to see Gilmer/Henderson. I was hoping someone had a report.

I didn’t see the controlled part but was told it was 1-1.

I did, however, make it to the live part and Gilmer won the 2 quarters, 7-3. Gilmer gave up a field goal on Henderson’s first drive and held them scoreless the rest of the time. Gilmer didn’t score until sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterboy
08-29-2018, 02:00 PM
I didn’t see the controlled part but was told it was 1-1.

I did, however, make it to the live part and Gilmer won the 2 quarters, 7-3. Gilmer gave up a field goal on Henderson’s first drive and held them scoreless the rest of the time. Gilmer didn’t score until sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. Each team scored once in the controlled portion. Gilmer scored on their first possession, then it went downhill from there. They were subbing freely, however, but so was Henderson. Both teams missed a certain TD pass, too, when their respective receiver couldn't haul in a perfect pass.

Our defense did get some good stops, which is a huge improvement.

The live portion was pretty much even, but Gilmer turned the ball over on their own end of the field. One first down later their PK made about a 42 yard field goal. Gilmer didn't look very fluid on offense for the most part. They could get a first down or two, then turn it over on downs. The lone consistent drive in the live portion ended in a TD a little less than midway through the second period. Henderson never managed more than a couple of first downs on any of their drives in the live portion that I remember. The defense looked much better in the live half.

lostaussie
08-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Awesome.......when we find a defense........we can't get good QB play. Maybe we will figure it out.

waterboy
08-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Awesome.......when we find a defense........we can't get good QB play. Maybe we will figure it out.

Most of it is on the O-line. They will have to block a little better because our QB is less mobile than Poppy was. I also think our QB this season will make fewer poor decisions than the last two we've had. Turnovers were a major problem the last three years. Even as bad as our defense was the last couple of seasons, if the offense hadn't turned the ball over so much we would've gotten much deeper in the playoffs.

I attribute the lack of continuity on offense to our QB being rusty from not playing the last couple of seasons. He will get much better with more PT reps, in my opinion. I just hope the defense puts the "black" back into the "Black Flag Defense". They already look better, especially against the run.

I also got to thinking..., maybe the teams we were scrimmaging were pretty darn good, too, and that may have had a lot to do with it.

Are you gonna make the Atlanta game?

movethechain
08-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Anybody that plays Henderson, better keep them outside the 40 yard line. Their kicker is the real deal.