08-16-2018, 11:39 PM
Please post here.

Controlled

1 Vs. 1

2 Vs. 2

Live Quarter(s) Scoring

Scoop27
08-17-2018, 06:49 PM
Roughneck will you you post Boling-Columbia updates?
Thanks

Yoe_09
08-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Controlled

1s
Cameron Yoe 1 Lorena 0

2s
Lorena 3 Cameron Yoe 1

Live Quarter
Lorena 7 Cameron Yoe 0

Overall, solid scrimmage. Lorena is going to be Lorena again this season. Probably not enough top end talent to make an extended playoff run, but should be in the playoffs and go a few rounds.

Cameron had good and bad moments. The big positive to me were that there were some decent chunks in the running game at times, and I liked what I saw from the backs.

Roughneck93
08-17-2018, 11:20 PM
Columbia vs Royal

1s
Necks 1, Royal 0
On their scoring drive, Necks with a 40-yard completion to the Royal 16. Necks follow that with a 16-yard TD run.

2s
Necks 1, Royal 1
Necks TD came on 1 play drive, 70-yard catch and run on a slant over the middle.

Royal scored on a two play drive, 60-yard run to the Necks 10, score on a 10-yard run up the middle on the very next play.

Columbia vs Boling

1s
Columbia 2, Boling 1

Boling’s lone TD came on a nice 70-yard drive mainly through the air. They got down to the Necks 20 yard line and the next three plays were all runs to get into the endzone.

Necks respond with a one play TD drive...70-yard bomb down the right sideline.

Necks second score was all on the ground. Drive was capped with a 5-yard TD run.

No live quarters, all controlled.

Necks scrimmage next Thursday @ Angelton.

YTBulldogs
08-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Yoakum vs. Giddings

1's: Yoakum 2, Giddings 1

2's: 1-0 Ykm

No quarter.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Only 2 possessions for both teams (scrimmage was only 45 mins long)
1's Sinton 1-0
2's Sinton 1 Kingsville 1

Sinton JV 4 Kingsville JV 1
Sinton Fr 1 Corpus Christi Moody Fr 4

LHPfactory
08-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Anyone know how Navarro v Fredericksburg went ?

Snotbubbles
08-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Yoakum vs. Giddings

1's: Yoakum 2, Giddings 1

2's: 1-0 Ykm

No quarter.

I caught this one, and luckily a few more wells to check today in area so I can see Cuero. Boy, how far the mighty Buff's have fallen. Not a fan of that delayed handoff style offense by QB 6 yards deep either. That district and non-district opponents might be taking that handoff themselves. They do have some bruising backs. I think 3 yards and a cloud of dust might be best for them. QB can wing it, descent receivers. Just that "O" not sure fits the talent.

As noted, Bo vanilla. Knew that when he was here in LaVernia. Be like come non-district too. Some big kids though. #5 blazing.

Ok, ready to see the highly touted Gobblers and that Whittington stud. Did he commit to Texas already? Hook'em!!!!

YTBulldogs
08-18-2018, 10:18 AM
I caught this one, and luckily a few more wells to check today in area so I can see Cuero. Boy, how far the mighty Buff's have fallen. Not a fan of that delayed handoff style offense by QB 6 yards deep either. That district and non-district opponents might be taking that handoff themselves. They do have some bruising backs. I think 3 yards and a cloud of dust might be best for them. QB can wing it, descent receivers. Just that "O" not sure fits the talent.

As noted, Bo vanilla. Knew that when he was here in LaVernia. Be like come non-district too. Some big kids though. #5 blazing.

Ok, ready to see the highly touted Gobblers and that Whittington stud. Did he commit to Texas already? Hook'em!!!!

Giddings is massive though. Boogerboy, LMK how Whittington looks.

speedbump
08-18-2018, 12:18 PM
El Campo - LaGrange

Freshman , EC 3 LG 1
JV , Ec 1 LG 1
Varsity , EC 2 LG 0

Anything on BC - Sweeny ?

Saggy Aggie
08-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Columbia vs Royal

1s
Necks 1, Royal 0
On their scoring drive, Necks with a 40-yard completion to the Royal 16. Necks follow that with a 16-yard TD run.

2s
Necks 1, Royal 1
Necks TD came on 1 play drive, 70-yard catch and run on a slant over the middle.

Royal scored on a two play drive, 60-yard run to the Necks 10, score on a 10-yard run up the middle on the very next play.

Columbia vs Boling

1s
Columbia 2, Boling 1

Boling’s lone TD came on a nice 70-yard drive mainly through the air. They got down to the Necks 20 yard line and the next three plays were all runs to get into the endzone.

Necks respond with a one play TD drive...70-yard bomb down the right sideline.

Necks second score was all on the ground. Drive was capped with a 5-yard TD run.

No live quarters, all controlled.

Necks scrimmage next Thursday @ Angelton.

Sounds like we can throw the ball a little??

Celina8
08-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Any reports for the North Texas area especially the Celina and Royce City scrimmage?

orange machine
08-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Was told celina's two's scored on Royse City's two's in the controlled portion and neither team scored in the live quarter.

Dawgs
08-18-2018, 01:41 PM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-pulls-away-from-pittsburg-late-in-fridays-scrimmage/

WOS87
08-18-2018, 03:08 PM
WO-S shut down 5A state ranked PN-G 13-7 in a four quarter controlled game. We should be fine this year. Defense looks as good as ever. AND the team is mostly Juniors.

https://kfdm.com/sports/content/wo-stark-with-late-score-to-edge-pn-g-in-first-scrimmage-of-2018

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Port Isabel vs. Brownsville Pace

Freshmen: Port Isabel 5 TDs, Pace 0
JV: Port Isabel 4 TDs, Pace 0
Varsity: Port Isabel 1, Pace 0 (Controlled) - 2 live quarters: Pace 7, Port Isabel 0

LHPfactory
08-18-2018, 04:43 PM
LH Varsity vs Brownwood
LH 1-1 during scripted
LH over Brownwood 3-1 Live Clock.

LH Varsity 2s over Brownwood 2s. 2-1

Caveman
08-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Argyle 54 Denison 6

Total Yards Argyle 871 Denison 310

Passing Argyle 501 Denison 93

Rushing Argyle 370 Denison 217

This is according to MaxPreps. It could have been worse. Argyle had 3 Ints and 2 lost fumbles. Defense looked outstanding. Two ejections for Denison. It got really frustrating for them.

orange machine
08-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Denison is awful most decent 3a teams could beat them. They will be lucky if they win a game.

Caveman
08-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Denison is awful most decent 3a teams could beat them. They will be lucky if they win a game.

Well they gave us almost more than we could handle when we played them at Jerry World. They have some decent players, Running back will bring it if he can keep control of his temper. Couple on the defensive line and their #1 QB has some game.

orange machine
08-19-2018, 11:06 AM
Saw them in 7 on 7 this year and they appeared to be lacking in the skilled position.

Denisons best defensive tackle moved to Melissa. The kid is huge 6'3 330.

Aesculus gilmus
08-19-2018, 11:17 AM
http://etsn.fm/gilmer-uses-late-drive-to-take-down-kilgore-in-scrimmage/

Misleading headline, to some extent, as Kilgore did very well in the controlled portion of the scrimmage. Gilmer held a lot of players out of this one, I heard. Most commenting on the scrimmage think QB2 had a better performance than QB1. He's the one mentioned in the article.

regaleagle
08-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Denison's offense was stifled by the Argyle D even though they do have a couple of good rb's and decent qb. Argyle's offense looked to be on schedule for being dynamic again.....both qb's played well and looked to be in control of the playcalling. We should know more at this time next week. Argyle's O-line is BIG......but also needs more work to gel together better.

regaleagle
08-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Looks like Argyle will not have a problem in the running game this season......so the offense should be balanced. Plus, a big O-line always helps the rb's tremendously. Both qb's can run and throw with accuracy......and a stable of good receivers is always one of Argyle's strong points on offense. The Argyle D will be solid at all positions......bigger and more experienced this season over last year.

d0tc0m
08-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Argyle 54 Denison 6

Total Yards Argyle 871 Denison 310

Passing Argyle 501 Denison 93

Rushing Argyle 370 Denison 217

This is according to MaxPreps. It could have been worse. Argyle had 3 Ints and 2 lost fumbles. Defense looked outstanding. Two ejections for Denison. It got really frustrating for them.

I know this is just a scrimmage and Denison isn't gonna be winning a state title — or district title for that matter — anytime soon, but, this is impressive. Argyle sounds like the real deal.

d0tc0m
08-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Any reports for the North Texas area especially the Celina and Royce City scrimmage?

From what I was told, offense looked better than last year, but there's still gonna be some growing pains for that side of the ball early on. Breaking in a new QB, with Ross moving over to receiver/athlete. Offensive line has some new faces, as well, and that's going to cause a few bumps in the road early on. But junior Logan Point at RB will be the best back Celina has had in a little while. He's very McCartney/Waldrep-esque. Quick. Tough. Runs hard, smart and patient. If the o-line gels quickly, this young man is going to have a big year.

The defense is going to be pretty stout. The secondary is young but pretty fast. The front seven is as good as the Bobcats have had since the 05-08 eras. Roach at DE is going to be a nightmare for everyone Celina plays. I'm guessing more D1 offers are going to start rolling in pretty quickly for this young man. The Bobcats also have another good end on the other side of Roach, a very good NT in Logan Taylor, and a linebacking corps — led by junior Logan Engle — that's going to be very good.

And, just keep an eye on the freshman class for Celina. Several are vying for varsity time, and one or two will probably get it. The others are playing on the top JV team and will be varsity stars next year. A very, very talented class for the Bobcats. Lots to be excited about for the orange and white, in my opinion. The stars may not fully align this year, but the coming years are going to be fun. But if the coaching staff can get the offensive line together, we'll have some fun this season, for sure.

regaleagle
08-20-2018, 09:35 AM
I think it's always good for a head coach to have the luxury of competing qb's in preseason. If one gets injured.....even slightly for one half of a game.....then the other can come in and guide the offense just as effectively. Protecting your qb is very important, but sometimes an injury occurs without contact.....like what happened to Copeland last year late in district play. Clearman had experience at the position from the previous season and did a fine job to help Argyle's offense remain effective thru the playoffs. It wasn't his fault that Argyle lost that game to Stephenville. Argyle still played 13 games last season and lost only to Stephenville. If you count Clearman, Argyle actually has 3 very capable qb's this season.