PDA

View Full Version : Pregame Entrances/Traditions

intocable_cowboy
08-18-2003, 04:48 AM
There's a rumor floating around Cotulla that got me thinking. Our stadium configuration is so that the teams run out to the field from under the home stands, a tunnel in a way I guess. Well the rumor was that they will have fog machines on this "tunnel". Kinda like UT's entrance I guess. My sources are close to heads of adminstration so who knows, but what I want to know is what are some pregame traditions, entrances, etc... at other schools?

!GO COWBOYS GO!

Blackcat03
08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
We have a giant helmet we get to run out of with smoke. It's the best feeling in the world running outta that helmet with the music playin, the smoke going, and the fans cheering like crazy. A group of seniors usually walks out in the first line for every game and I am proud to say I was in that line, one of the best feelings in the world. But we only used it for home games and playoff games, it has been bad luck in the past to take it to away games. I remember it was 2 years ago I think, when Marlin came to town, BIG GAME, game of central Texas for the week I think, and the brought their big helmet, and we had ours, that was one of the best games ever, even if they did win 14-6. I'll never forget that game, I gained a lot of repsect for Marlin that day, and I'm going to go watch the Bulldogs in Burnet, good luck guys!

PITarpon85
08-18-2003, 11:52 AM
We have brought back an old Texas Football Tradition. Here in Port Isabel we have the benediction or pre-game prayer. As long as there are 4th and one in the game of football, there will be a prayer said in this game we love so dear. Plus, where else will you find the Hail Mary but in football. :cool:

CRHSeagle
08-18-2003, 05:14 PM
We always arrive early to the stadium before the other team gets there. We drop our drop our equipment in on endzone and then we walk down the field and back. No one talks, just walk slowly forward and back...